Chapter 42: Professor Lee

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo had been staring at the text for five minutes. He had asked for Seulgi's number at that time during their stay at her house, thinking it would get Eunhye's attention but now, he found an actual use for it. His mind was dancing around a theory and he needed to ask someone who was not that close to Eunhye, but enough to know the history. Conveniently, he kept forgetting to delete it from his contacts. 

Kang Seulgi: Lee Jun Ki?
Wonwoo: the one who got a presidential award.
Wonwoo: *sent a link*
Kang Seulgi: i actually do remember him.
Wonwoo: where?
Kang Seulgi: He used to be our computer teacher... a sub..
Kang Seulgi: prob 11th grade..
Wonwoo: did he teach all of your computer classes?
Kang Seulgi: i think just the 11th & 12th
Kang Seulgi: why?

He had his theories but now he was scared that his investigation was leaning towards it. He finally thought of a reply to her.

Wonwoo: nothing really
Wonwoo: just wanted to brag to someone i met him in person
Kang Seulgi: lol
Kang Seulgi: weird u texted out of the blue
Kang Seulgi: gotta go though, tyl

He received another text. This one was from Eunhye, asking where he was. For some reason, he did not want to see her yet.

Mine: do u still have a class?
Mine: where r u?
Mine: just checked ur sched. u're done for the day.

He started to type "bus stop" where he was but then changed his mind. 

Wonwoo: bus. on my way home. why?
Mine: can i see you?
Wonwoo: where r u?
Mine: going to the bus stop.
Mine: can i go to ur place?

Before he could finish reading, he saw her coming. At the same time she looked up from her phone to look where she was going. Confusion registered on her face when her eyes met his. She squinted, forgetting to bring her glasses with her, and doubting she was seeing it correctly. Wonwoo realized they were already at the point in their relationship when they lied to each other.

"Oh," she said when she was two feet away from Wonwoo, and she was sure it was him. She looked at her phone again to check if she read Wonwoo's text correctly. She stood beside him, waiting for the next bus. "I thought you said 'bus'."

"I said 'bus stop'." He pretended to check his phone, too. "Oh. My bad."

She had timed it well for the bus to arrive and the two of them went straight for the farthest seat in the back. They sat side by side but none of them really said anything. Eunhye preoccupied herself with an offline sudoku game on her phone and Wonwoo quietly watched her play. They had to pass through three neighborhoods before theirs and since it was near the rush hour, the bus stopped almost on every station.

Eunhye leaned her head on the edge of his shoulder, thankful for their height difference. She contented herself with the small contact even though she had wanted to throw her arms around Wonwoo the moment she saw him. Chanyeol had told her to tell Wonwoo everything, but she had no idea how to. She wanted to keep it for as long as she could. Two stops before hers, she locked her screen. 

"My place?" she asked.

"I kind of have a couple of homework to do..."

"Okay." Eunhye nodded understandingly, disappointed but also slightly relieved that he was not coming with her. She wanted to be with him longer, but she also felt the weight of what she had to tell him when he was around. The bus finally stopped on the one closest to her apartment and she reluctantly got up. "See you tomorrow, then. Just call or text me later. Whatever."

Wonwoo watched her get off the bus and saw her shoulder heave up and down as if she sighed deeply. 

He used to think she just did not talk that much but after they got comfortable with each other, he could never seem to get her to stop talking. There would be times she would fall quiet as if in thought but then she would be talking again and the topic would be something else. Today, though, she just sat beside him without saying anything. He had also seen her play Sudoku before and she was quick but during the whole bus ride she could barely finish one puzzle. She was definitely not okay.

The bus started to run again but Wonwoo pressed the button. "Sorry, Uncle. I'm getting off here, too."

The driver halted the bus again and opened the door for him. Wonwoo bowed to him again in apology before getting off. 

Eunhye had stopped to turn when she heard the bus stop again so she saw him. Wonwoo saw her face light up upon seeing him and he suddenly felt stupid for thinking he could let her go just like that. He walked towards her and put an arm around her shoulder.

"Screw that homework," he muttered.

 

******


"Oh, hi, Wonwoo," Sunmi greeted. "What are you doing here on a weeknight?"

"Homework," he replied, grinning.

Sunmi burst out laughing, shaking her head as she sat on the couch to watch TV while eating her cereal. Eunhye saw it and asked for a bite by just opening . Sunmi gave her a spoonful before slapping her and shooing her away.

The moment she got in her room, she automatically turned the computer on. Wonwoo was standing behind the door and he closed it, making sure it was locked before pulling her into his arms. He sighed contentedly when she encircled her own arms around his waist rather tightly.

"Much better," he mumbled. "That was weird earlier."

"I know, I don't like it."

"This is much easier on the bed, you know," Wonwoo pointed.

"Let's just stay like this for a while," she said. "You'll have to go home soon, anyway. You have stuff to do."

He pointed to her computer. "You have internet, I can do it here," he insisted. "I can do other stuff, too."

She smacked his arm and broke away so she could log in to her computer. When she did, Wonwoo slumped to the bed and fell on it face first.

"You should get a bigger bed," he said after a moment, turning over and adjusting himself.

"You should get your own room," she countered.

He narrowed his eyes. "Why? If I did, would you sleep over?" She did not respond to that. Instead, she became busy checking her emails. "Can you forget about your computer for one second and come here? I'm not hugged out yet."

She chuckled. "I'll just send a quick reply."

When she did not go to him yet after five minutes, he got up, stood behind her and looked over her shoulder at what she was writing. It was a message to the TAs and that the new teacher was asking assistance. She was writing, erasing, and rewriting the same sentences of refusal over and over. Wonwoo leaned over to take her hands off her computer, and buried his face on her neck.

"Can you do that later?" he asked after lightly kissing her there.

Eunhye hissed when she felt his breath on her skin. It took all of her willpower but she pushed his head away. "I need to reply quickly. If I don't, they'll dump the load on me again. I can't take any more TA loads. I need more time for my final output."

"And me."

"Yes, and you," she agreed. "So, please stay put and let me compose my email." Wonwoo let her hands go but just put his arms around her shoulders. "I meant in peace."

"Your peace? Or mine?"

"Mine please," she replied, trying to stretch her patience. Wonwoo groaned in protest but went to lie back on her bed. "Thank you."

Eunhye stared at the screen but her mind was completely blank. She had to read one sentence three times before she understood what it meant. She tried to think of what she was about to write but Wonwoo's humming was distracting her. 

Trying her best to tune him out, she replied to the message. She included in her message that she would not be applying for the position for the next semester. Because she was the only female TA, she would always get the short straw by default. Now, she had made it clear to them that she was not going to be available. There was no way she was going to work with Lee Junki ever again.

"Eunhye-ya."

"Hmmm?" She was still finishing up her message, so she just turned her head to him while still typing. She found him grinning at her. "What?"

He shook his head and gestured for her to go back to her computer. "Nothing." He just wanted to by calling her without honofics. When she turned her attention back to her computer, he just called her name again. 

This time she ignored it, giving him a gesture to give her a moment. She finished writing, her cursor hovering around the SEND button, reading it over and over to make sure she did not sound mean o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter