Chapter 59: Overwatch

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Another game after this?" Baekhyun's voice said.

Eunhye heard Seungcheol yell Wonwoo's name. "Where did he go?"

"I don't know," Seungcheol answered. "I thought he was here a while ago."

The game ended. She sent a message in their chatroom that she would need a bathroom break. She was bad at playing support and she only smiled to herself. They lost because of her and although it hurt her pride a little, she had fun. It had been a while since she played Overwatch. When she got back and checked the conversations, they had recruited a different player who was better at support.

Eunhye was sure she removed Mark from their chatroom a long time ago when they broke up but someone had added him back. She suspected Baekhyun or Minhyuk. However, she did not have much problem with it now.

Baekhyun: @mark be the healer
Baekhyun: before eunhye gets back
Baekhyun: quick!
Mark: eunhye supports now?
Hongbin: worst ana gameplay i've ever seen
Mark: Hahahaha. sure.
Mark: Mercy?
Hongbin: I'll play Hanzo
Eunhye: i'm back
Baekhyun: we were leaving
Mark: u do support now? @eunhye
Eunhye: i clicked it by mistake lol
Baekhyun: ah! mark, meet Seungcheol-ssi
Mark: ???
Seungcheol: hello
Mark: hi. main?
Seungcheol: reinhardt
Eunhye: gaming or what??!
Eunhye: it's past my bedtime
Hongbin: Waiting for hyuks

She glanced at those online again and saw her friends Lee Minhyuk from the same Comp Sci department, and Han Sanghyuk, Hongbin's friend. After a few more minutes, their line up was complete. It had been a long time since she played with five other friends and she was all smiles. She played with her main Damage class character this time and led the shot calls.

"I got their Reaper," she reported after killing an enemy character. The screen was a mess of buildings and fires being exchanged and she moved around the map to find a good sniping position. She saw an enemy using a special ability of her character and stalked it. "And their Hanzo's down."

"Nice, Widowmaker," she heard Mark's voice on her headset. She felt nostalgic. It had been ages since she last played with him. Even before they were a couple, they were game buddies, which was also why having the two of them in the same team upped their chances of winning. They had natural teamwork.

"I took some damage, though," she muttered.

"Where are you?"

"Here behind the mini," she said, checking the stats to see who was dead. "Mark, can you heal me? There's only one left of them now." She saw the familiar healing character descending and she saw the familiar graphics as her health went up. "Thanks."

The headset she had on was moved and she cursed at being distracted. It made her miss her mark and it now showed that one enemy character had been resurrected. She turned to yell at whoever it was, she did not care if it was Hani or Sunmi. When she looked up, though, Wonwoo towered over her. fell open.

"Ya! Eunhye!" Mark said through the headset. "I'll resurrect you, hang on. I got you."

"Okay, this is awkward," she muttered.

"What's awkward?" Wonwoo asked.

"I'll get back to you," she said, seeing that her character had died, which Mark's avatar resurrected and was now back to life. "I'll just finish this." She turned her attention back to the screen. "Thanks, uh.. Mercy."

"Noona, where are you?" she heard Seungcheol say. "Did you get it?"

"The Roadhog's here," Baekhyun reported. "Ah! Mark!"

"Coming!" Mark's voice yelled on the headset.

Eunhye went to where Baekhyun's character was and found him fighting one on one with the enemy's tank. She helped attacking, now that she's back to full health, as Mark's character flew up to boost their health up. More characters came and it was a huge clash of firearms and bombs. She backed out and called for another healing.

"Heal me, heal me," she called out. The Mercy was nowhere to be seen. Mark was the solo healer for the composition they chose and now she regretted suggesting it. If they had a different healer, she would not feel very awkward calling Mark's name every time she needed a boost. "Ya, where are you?!"

"Right here." Mark's voice on her ear now sounded wrong and she bit her lip. She stole a glance at Wonwoo, who pulled a chair and sat beside her to watch their game. She wondered if her headset was loud enough for him to hear what she was hearing. She moved her left earpiece and turned to him. "How did you get in?"

She did not hear the doorbell and she thought she was the only one home.

"Hani-noona let me in," Wonwoo answered, not looking at her. "I didn't know you play with Cheol-hyung."

She kept one eye on her screen and one on Wonwoo. She did not even know Hani was home. "He asked me to add him to the guild. "

He did not say anything and kept watching. For some reason, Eunhye could tell he was not in a good mood. She could see his hands fidgeting on his lap and she wanted to hold it but she was busy.

"C'mon, girls," she said to the mic. "Let's finish this. I wanna go to bed."

"Did someone come?" Baekhyun asked teasingly. "You're calling Mark, Mercy now."

"Shut up, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun cackled in laughter, just as Seungcheol yelled for Wonwoo in their room.

"He's here, Cheol-ah," she said quietly.

"Wonwoo's there?" Seungcheol repeated. "He was here just a while ago. Wonwoo-ya! Wow, he's really not here."

"Who's that?" Hongbin asked.

"Eunhye's boyfriend," Baekhyun answered for her.

"What? What about Mark-hyung?" Hongbin was apparently not updated. Eunhye decided she hated hearing Baekhyun's laughter. He laughed even harder at Hongbin's next question. "Is that why you kicked him out of the guild?"

"They're back," Eunhye said through gritted teeth. 

That was all it took to get their heads back on the game. It was hectic since it was their last round. After a few more minutes, the word Victory flashed on her screen, with Baekhyun's Tracer as the Sharpshooter. Eunhye declared GG and logged out.

"Why are you logging out?" Wonwoo asked when he saw what she was doing.

"I'm tired," she answered, stretching her arms. Her phone made multiple pings but sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter