Chapter 33: 2 Days 1 Night

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks later Chanyeol pulled his Mercedes Benz AMG G65 up in front of their apartment, Eunhye, Sunmi and Hani all waiting for him with their bags ready.

"Shotgun," Sunmi declared before anyone else. "I'm gonna be your navigator. Since the place is newly constructed, it doesn't show on the maps yet."

"But the backseat small and it's going to be crowded," Eunhye complained. She was Chanyeol's bestfriend since they were kids, she should get the front seat, right?

"What are you talking about?" Chanyeol contradicted. "My baby's spacious enough, two people can lie on the floor!"

Hani burst out laughing. Eunhye wanted to ask if he had tested that theory out but she kept shut. She helped Hani put her small carrier in the compartment right next to Sunmi's. 

"Are you staying there for a week?" she asked, comparing their stuff to her single backpack. "Aren't we staying just overnight?"

Eunhye had a knack for stuffing one bag with all of her things when they travel so it was nothing new. Hani just closed the trunk and opened the car door, letting herself in. Eunhye climbed after her, still grumbling. Chanyeol started driving right away but not to the direction where Eunhye expected. After a couple of minutes, Hani pointed to a block that seemed familiar. "Just around that corner, it's the third building to the right."

"Where are we going?" Eunhye asked when Chanyeol pulled over again even though she had a feeling where. She was looking out on Hani's window so she did not see the door on her side open.

"Oh, wrong door," Mingyu said. "Sorry." 

The tall guy quickly left and started to close the door but was only replaced by someone else who gave Eunhye the brightest smile that made her breath hitch. She stared back at Wonwoo, searching for the most natural greeting one should say to a hoobae.

"Hi, Sunbaenim," he said, emphasizing the last word. "Can you scooch over?"

Eunhye climbed out so he could get in first. "I'll sit by the window."

"Why?"

"So I can rest my head against it when I sleep."

He pushed her in. "Don't worry, I'll let you sleep on my shoulder."

Chanyeol cleared his throat. "C'mon guys. Let's go before the rush hour starts."

"Ladies first," Wonwoo said, gesturing for her to get in. He took her bag from her.

Rolling her eyes, she climbed back to the backseat of Chanyeol's uselessly tall car, mumbling a thanks when Wonwoo got in with ease after her, handing her her backpack. When he did, he naturally grazed her hand, making her heart skip a beat. 

"Well, drive," she said when she noticed Chanyeol's eyes were glued to the rearview mirror. "Rush hour?"

Sunmi connected her phone to the car's sound system before Eunhye could. The only person who could probably relate to her taste in music was Chanyeol, and even he would complain with her choices, at times. "Any requests?"

"Dynamic Duo?" Chanyeol and Eunhye said at the same time.

"I don't have that," she muttered. She played a song titled 'Gashina' instead.

"I like this song," Mingyu said. He spied Hani putting a roller on her bangs, took it from her and meticulously did her hair for her. "It's crooked. Did you bring a hairspray?" 

Eunhye looked away when she realized she was watching them too much. She wondered if she could just talk to Wonwoo as naturally as that in front of her friends. The two had so much in common, they look more like real siblings than a couple. "No wonder you're dating."

"Why did you date Mark?" Hani asked, hearing her clearly. "I mean, aside from gaming and watching movies like two strangers, I wouldn't have known you were a couple if you didn't tell me."

She put her lips together in thought and realized she did not have an answer. At least, not what her current boyfriend would like to hear. "Good question."

Eunhye felt Wonwoo poke her on the side and she jumped. When she did, Hani did so, too. "What?"

"Nothing," she replied. "I thought I saw a roach."

"What?!" Chanyeol shrieked from the driver's seat. "I just went to the carwash yesterday."

"You might need to get your money back," Eunhye muttered.  Wonwoo was still secretly poking her and she had to flick his hand to get him to stop. "And learn to clean your own car."

"Why don't you get your own car?" he snapped.

"I have you as my personal driver, why would I need one?"

"What if you get a boyfriend who doesn't want you to ride another man's car?" Chanyeol went on, his voice a bit too loud to her liking. "Your previous one did."

Mingyu snorted. "Yeah, Hyung. He hated you."

"And got his own car soon after I did," the oldest guy agreed, and they both laughed.

Eunhye did not feel good that her friend was talking bad about her ex in front of her even though they were not together anymore and felt the urge to defend him. Mark had always been misunderstood by other people because he usually stayed quiet and yes, he would always get jealous of her relationship with Chanyeol and Zico just like Chanyeol was explaining. It was one of those pet peeves that would spark arguements. Chanyeol started to talk about an episode when he almost got into a fight with Mark but Eunhye kicked his seat to stop him.

"Zico never approved of Mark, you know," Chanyeol went on, not bothered with her protests at all. "I have never seen Zico disapprove of anything more than when he learned you finally agreed to go steady with him."

Eunhye chewed on her tongue, not knowing how to get her friend to stop talking.

"I only met Zico-hyung twice," Mingyu noted. "He WAS intimidating."

"He just looks like that," Hani said. "He's a baby."

Chanyeol snorted. "Yeah, but he said Eunhye and Mark would never end well. You know he psycho-analyzes everyone, right? Just like you do, so you can't really blame him. Which was why he didn't like Mark."

"I don't need anyone's permission to date," Eunhye scoffed. She was tired of being the subject all the time. Why couldn't her friends talk about something else? "None of you even tried getting to know him, really."

"If you knew him so well, then why did he cheat on you?" Chanyeol snapped.

"Maybe he didn't."

Chanyeol's grip on the steering wheel tightened and he shook his head disapprovingly. "Even now you still take his side. Every single time, Hye."

"Stop it," Sunmi warned, feeling the tension between the two best friends. Mark had always been a sensitive topic among them and now that he cheated on Eunhye, their friends found another point to rub on her face that she should have listened to them.

Wonwoo poked her forehead this time and she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter