Chapter 19: Slowly Invading

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her stomach growled, which was probably why she woke up. She was hungry. She had to find something to eat or the pain would go back again. She got up relunctantly, remembering she ordered take out from her friends. She went straight to the kitchen and found the packed chicken teriyaki.

"Where's my okonomiyaki?" she mumbled, searching the takeout bag but only finding the chicken.

"Sorry, I ate it."

Eunhye dropped the take out bag. At first she thought she imagined it, but she turned to find Wonwoo right behind her, rubbing his eyes as if he just woke up. Confused, she just stared at him for a long moment, before it sank in that he was really there, and not just a product of her imagination. She realized she was just wearing a huge t-shirt her hands flew to her chest to cover herself up. She had been at home the whole day that she did not see the need to wear a bra, until now.

He chuckled before leaning over to get a bottle of water. "I've seen that before, remember?"

"Ya." She clamped a hand over his mouth. "What are you doing here?"

"I was thirsty," he said.

"Why are you in my house?!" She recognized a familiar smell. "Were you guys drinking? And you didn't wake me up?!"

"Sunmi-noona said you're not allowed near alcohol," he replied, taking her hand off his face but not letting go of it, even if she tried to pull it back. "Do you have coffee? Or an aspirin? My head kind of hurts."

The kitchen had enough space, why was he so close? Her hand reached to his temple. "Here?" He nodded and closed his eyes as she massaged it lightly. But then she put more force to it, pushing his head away. "Good. I hope you get the hangover the whole day."

"Don't you have anything to say to me?" His thumb was playing circles around the back of her hand, making it hard for her to concentrate.

"Like what?"

"Fine," he sighed. "I'll wait until you're ready to tell me."

What? That I might be falling for you? No way. I'm not going there. Who knows, you're just toying with me because you think I'm easy. "Exactly how many drinks did you have?"

"Not enough," he muttered. His eyes fell on her lips and he started to lean over.

Eunhye turned her head before he could do anything. "Get off me, Wonwoo." 

She picked the discarded take out and put it in the oven, trying to calm her heart. She was still conscious of how she was dressed and she kept on fussing over it. She thought he was gone but she felt him drape his cardigan over her shoulder. When she turned to look, he was on his way back to the living room to lie down on the sofa.

That was only then that she found their house's situation. She guessed it was quite a party given the empty glasses and bottles of beer and soju scattered on her precious carpet. When she was done eating, she went to the living room. Wonwoo was asleep on the couch, now without his cardigan to keep him warm.

She could not find an extra pillow in the common closet so she just took one from her own bed and put it under his head, got a clean blanket and put it over him. She wanted to hold on to his cardigan for a bit longer. Pulling it closer to herself, she started cleaning up.

Wonwoo secretly watched her, feeling bad that she had to clean up after them. He wanted her to be a part of their party but he thought if his theory was correct, she really should not drink. He almost pulled her close when she was laying his head on the pillow, but seeing how she reacted to him earlier, he held himself back. He settled himself with the fact that she cared enough to get him a blanket and a pillow that smelled like her. 


*******


Eunhye did not think she would fall back to sleep but she did. It was still too early for her to get up but she knew that was the last sleep she was going to get that day. She found Wonwoo's cardigan on the chair and thought for a second before fully getting up. She found the pillow and blanket neatly folded on the couch but no Wonwoo. There was still a pair of a man's shoes by the main door so she figured Mingyu was still there.

Trying to hide her disappointment even though she was alone, she went back to her room and turned her computer on. There were several messages from her friends on a game she was playing. They wanted another run in about fifteen minutes from then. She easily agreed to join, going to the kitchen to grab some snacks and make herself a cup of coffee. She was not supposed to, but since no one was there to nag at her, she quickly worked on the espresso machine. She used to work part time at a coffee shop, mostly to know how to make her own coffee. Since then, she made her own, and rarely went to shops, if she could help it. She was about to go back to her room when she came face to face with Wonwoo again as he was coming out of the bathroom.

It was weird seeing him in her apartment, especially now in broad daylight. She made a mental note that she did a good thing in slipping in proper underwear before coming out of her room again.

"Wow, thanks," he said, his face suddenly brightening. He took the coffee mug from her and took a sip. "How did you know how I drink my coffee?"

"That was mine."

"Really?" He took another sip, starting to get on her nerve. "I can get used to this, you know."

So those were not Mingyu's shoes. 

"Aren't you leaving?"

He pretended to think for a moment. "I can stay if you want. I don't have classes until 3. I heard the TA will be back tod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter