Chapter 47: Chill Friends

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dean's back from New York."

Zico went inside the cyberlab without bothering to knock. Most of the students were busy working on their activity for the day, but Wonwoo was long done and was just loitering around, actively conversing in the private chat Eunhye opened for the two of them. Eunhye was distracted and did not hear Zico, so he poked her shoulder.

"Ya," Zico said. "I said Dean came back. He wants to meet up tonight."

"I'm not clubbing," she answered right away. "And it's a school night. We have class tomorrow morning."

"Did I say anything about clubbing?" he complained. "You know I don't do that either. Just dinner, probably karaoke after if there's still time. You good?"

Eunhye looked cautiously at Wonwoo. "Who else would be there?" 

Her question confused Zico. Eunhye usually agreed whenever Dean would want to go out. From what Zico remembered, the two almost dated back in highschool if she did not meet that computer teacher. He then realized the hesitation when he saw her eyes flutter to Wonwoo's direction.

Zico went over to the kid's desk and put a hand on his shoulder. "Hyoseob and Dongwook, obviously. But Suran-saem will come, too."

Eunhye's face softened at hearing their old teacher that she had not seen for a long time was coming as well, but she had promised to teach Wonwoo more about coffee that night. "I already made plans for the night, though."

"Okay," Zico said. "I'll tell the guys."

Eunhye recognized the annoyed look on her friend's face. Zico was used to her hanging out with them all the time even if she was in a relationship. It was always her who would say that their friendship should not be compromised by their romance because they were family. Her current boyfriend was right there, though, and he could not make the comment.

Eunhye saw a chat come in.

Jeon Wonwoo: Why did you say no?
Jung Eunhye: I already have plans with you
Jeon Wonwoo: Hyung looks pissed
Jung Eunhye: he looks like that all the time.
Jeon Wonwoo: we can do it tomorrow instead.
Jeon Wonwoo: we still have a few days.
Jung Eunhye: are you sure?
Jeon Wonwoo: yep. Just text me when you get home.

"Ya, Jiho-ya," she called her friend before he left the room. "I'll go."

Zico's face brightened--a huge 180, so it was obvious. "Really?"

"But can I bring a plus one?"

His narrow eyes drifted over to Wonwoo's direction and he nodded. "Whatever."


*******


"I didn't know you had that many friends," Wonwoo told Eunhye as they walked down the street to the place Zico told them to. Except for that sunbae, Wonwoo had never met the people she was going to introduce him to, and he was a bit worried.

"I'm originally a very friendly person," Eunhye countered.

"Not to me."

Her jaw dropped. "You, of all people, should never say that about me. I was beyond friendly the day we met."

He scrunched his nose. "You're right," he said after thinking it through. "But then after that, you avoided me like I had the plague."

"I was trying not to fall in love with you," she muttered. "It didn't work, though." She found the familiar barbeque place and she stopped, narrowing her eyes at him when she heard him sigh. "What is it?"

Wonwoo pursed his lips. He remembered how Zico looked at him when Eunhye said she could not go, as if accusing Wonwoo that he stole her from him. If there was anyone else who threatened him more than Park Chanyeol and Mark Tuan, it was Woo Zico. He knew he and Eunhye sometimes called each other, "Babe". They knew the passcodes to each other's apartment units--even Zico's passcode was Eunhye's birthday, which was very suspicious, ever since the first time he heard about it. He also knew they slept over each other's houses, even when it was just the two of them. A guy who would not get worked up being alone with her would not be normal. Zico had his own place and drove his own car. It also did not help that he knew Zico did not approve when she started dating Mark. The guy was almost Wonwoo's role model which did not help at all.

"Is this going to be one of those Boss Levels?"

She laughed and quietly took his hand in hers, again surprising him for initiating skinship. "Nah. They're actually good company if you want to chill, unlike my usual circle of friends." Who always put their noses in my business, she wanted to add but kept to herself. She knew Wonwoo had the same social issues as her. "We can turn and leave, if you want," she offered.

Wonwoo pushed the glass door, himself, and pulled her inside with him. They were welcomed with the smell of all sorts of meat being cooked and his stomach grumbled.

"There they are," Eunhye said and dragged him to the end of the establishment where a group of people were laughing about something. She went straight to the only girl in the table, who gave her a hug. "Saem!"

"Speak of the devil," Jung Dongwook said. He was Eunhye's classmate since middle school.

"Sorry we're late," Eunhye said, sitting right next to Suran. Wonwoo sat next to her. "I had to finish a report." At the last statement, she glared at Zico. They were supposed to work on it together but he was nowhere near replying.

Eunhye introduced the others and Wonwoo realized he was the youngest in the group. She started calling out names that Wonwoo almost forgot as soon as he heard them.

"So where's the guest of the evening?" Eunhye asked, noticing that Dean was missing.

"Around back," Hyoseob said, pointing to the direction of one of the exits. "Said he had to make a phone call."

"I thought you wouldn't make it," Suran told Eunhye. "Jiho said you might be held up."

"He told me you're coming," she replied. "That was actually the selling point. I did make plans but that can be moved another day."

"Ahw," Suran cooed and poked Eunhye's face. "I missed you, too."

Wonwoo could not help but smile. He had always seen Eunhye either with friends, or with her hoobaes, so he did not know how she acted when she was with someone older than her. She always looked tough with her friends or strict with the hoobaes, but she was all smiles and unconscious aegyo infront of Suran.

"Does she bully you too much?" a guy, whose name he was sure was Dongwook, asked Wonwoo. 

Wonwoo laughed at the question, but shook his head. "Just a little. She's my TA so she does when we're in the classroom."

"That's because you only ask the most stupid questions," Eunhye snapped. She told them the story of their first day when he could not login to the computer because he typed his password with the CAPSLOCK on.

"Got your attention, didn't it?" Wonwoo smirked.

"Oohh," Suran mused, smiling fondly at Eunhye. "You seem like you found your match."

"Isn't there a rule not to date your students?" Hyoseob said, chewing on a celery. "Well, you always liked to live on the danger side, yeah?"

Zico snorted and just gave Eunhye a meaningful look.

Suran started asking Wonwoo the basic questions which he already anticipated. He actually found it easy to talk to her since she smiled at him brightly all the time, even though she looked really intimidating at first.

"I thought you like guys older than you," Suran said, turning to Eunhye, who blushed. "But look at you. I've never seen you this happy before."

It was Wonwoo's turn to blush. This friend had been making him cringe since she asked him about what she liked about Eunhye.

"I thought this was a welcome-back party, why am I in the hotseat?" Eunhye ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter