Chapter 48: Espresso Machine

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're so quiet." 

Wonwoo said there were some people sleeping over their dorms and he asked to stay over. They had been lying on her bed for two hours but she was still awake.

Eunhye snuggled closer to Wonwoo. "I want to sleep," she said.

Wonwoo her hair absentmindedly. "You said that five minutes ago."

She sighed. "I don't know. I'm sleepy but I can't fall asleep."

"Should I leave?" he suggested, worried that she was uncomfortable. Her bed was not really made for two people. He glanced at the time on her wrist watch which she wore to bed. "I still have time."

"No," she said frantically, pulling him back when he tried to get up. "Stay. Please. I..."

Wonwoo sat up, looking at her. "What's wrong?"

Eunhye played on the sleeve of his shirt, biting her lip. Wonwoo was sure she was thinking about something. It looked like she had something to say. "Nothing. It's probably just because it's nearly the time of the month, or something."

"Are you sure?"

"Come to bed," she said, tugging on his shirt. "Please?"

It was unfair how she was easily able to change his mind like that. He laid back on the bed, once again putting an arm around her shoulder. He thought of ways how he could get her to talk. He had already noticed that she was hard to crack when she wanted to keep things from him. However, they both made a promise to never keep secrets from each other, which was why he did not feel good at the time.

"What were you and Dean talking about?" she said after some time, playing at the stub of his chin. After their night together as a couple, Wonwoo noticed she had been more open to skinship. He liked it. "He looked like he got caught smoking, or something."

Wonwoo could not help but laugh. She said it as a joke, but the smile on her lips turned into a scowl when she read his reaction.

"That little--" She sighed, stopping herself from cursing.

"Is it true you made him smoke ten cigarettes in one go?" Wonwoo was still laughing. He could actually picture his girlfriend in a school uniform, walking with her hands twirling her hair and constantly chewing on gum, looking like a normal highschool bully.

Eunhye was brought back to that day she caught Kwon Hyuk smoking behind the campus. He had ditched school and she went looking for him. She tried to talk him out of smoking, giving him all her research about lung cancer and all the disease it could bring him. 

"One day, I emptied the whole pack he had with him and lit them up myself," she relayed.

"He could have just ignored you then," Wonwoo said. "I'm sure he could not take ten sticks at a time."

"He did. At least he tried."

"What did you do? How did you get him to do it?"

"I threatened to smoke them myself," she answered with a smirk. "He knew I have asthma."

Wonwoo's jaw dropped. He could not believe she would put her own life in danger like that, and was shocked to find out she was willing to go to those extremes. "Don't ever do that. Jeez."

"I knew he wouldn't let me," she said with confidence. "He tried to take one hit, and went into fits of coughing. I told him to finish everything or I'd come and smoke with him every day. He snuffed all of them out and quit. We were eighteen."

He could only stare at her. He realized she was really not someone to mess with.

"But, he's old enough now," she said with a sigh. "He can do whatever he wants with his life."

Wonwoo pouted and poked her nose. "Why do you always make people worry about you?"

"Because I worry about them, too," she replied.

"You're like this princess in a game," he went on, still pouting. "Everybody wants to protect you and save you. It's like all of these Heroes want to capture your heart."

It was her turn to pout. "I'm not a princess. I'm a Hero and I can beat all of you. I don't need saving."

Wonwoo chuckled, finding her cute. It still amazed him that she could get whatever metaphor he threw at her exactly as he meant them. He pressed his lips against hers to ease her pout and she welcomed him. His tongue brushed against her lower lip and she opened up, softly when their tongues met. He felt her clutch at his shirt, and Wonwoo wanted nothing more than to take her again, then and there. However, he reluctantly pulled away and kissed her forehead, instead.

"We need to sleep," he murmured with a heavy heart.

Eunhye wanted to protest but she could not help but smile. She wrapped her arm around his waist and closed her eyes, feeling his hand stoke her hair again.

Lee Junki wanted to talk. About what, she had no idea. She did not want to ever see him again. She had accepted the fact that he was back in her life as their teacher and she hoped it would remain just that. Eunhye did not care about the position as TA anymore. She had asked in their Head Office if she could resign from the post immediately and she had been honest with them when they asked her the reason. The told her to just finish the semester with integrity that she had displayed since she signed up for the position.

What she was worried about was that he already knew about her and Wonwoo. She had promised to tell Wonwoo everything, but there was still something that she was still not ready to do so. Something that even her closest friends did not know. This time, she might really lose Wonwoo.

 

***********

Eunhye jumped when someone knocked on the door to Lab 17. They did not have a class and she was just working on a project while she still a few hours before her actual class. She was relieved when she opened the door to find Chanyeol.

"I knew you'd be here," he said, walking over to her desk. "You're never in the TA room. I thought you and Mark are on good terms now?"

"I saved all my work here," she explained, gesturing at her computer. "And you're always noisy, I can't do anything."

Chanyeol handed her a memory stick. "Everything's there. I know you'll go over them anyway, so I divided every section with comments."

"Thanks," she said, plugging it right in and checking what he worked on. She just scanned through and decided she could check on the details later. "I'll just call you if I need anything."

He nodded but remained there. He hovered behind Eunhye, nodding as if he understood what she was doing.

"What is it?" she asked, her hands stopping on the keyboard. She knew when her friend had something to say.

"Your dad called."

Eunhye went back to her computer without saying anything further.

"He asked me to make sure you never contact Lee Junki again."

"It's Professor Lee Junki," she corrected. If there was anyone she hated more than she hated her old teacher, it was Dr. Jung Jiwon. "And I can't not contact him. I have two classes that he handles."

"I told hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter