Chapter 3: Karaoke

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, Babe."

Eunhye felt someone grab her other arm and she was pulled towards that direction. She collided with Wonwoo's chest. "Wonwoo?"

"Where have you been?" Wonwoo said, putting an arm around her.

"Who are you?" the man said, pointing a finger at him. "Mind your own business."

He tried to make another grab at Eunhye, but Wonwoo pushed her behind him and used his body to shield her from the man. The people around them saw the commotion and one girl in office clothes pulled the man away, bowing to them in apology.

"Are you okay?" Wonwoo asked Eunhye a moment after, studying her wrist. "Did he hurt you anywhere?"

She shook her head. "I'm fine. Thanks."

He sighed in relief. "Let's go."

Eunhye tried to shrug his arm off her as they went down the hallway but he kept it around her shoulder protectively, just in case they ran into another drunk nuisance. She did not really need him but she appreciated the sentiment, and it was easier to ward off people with him doing it so she let him be. She would not admit it to herself, but there was comfort from it, knowing she was not left alone to fend for herself. They quickly broke apart the moment they entered the room. Mingyu had already started on the songs, singing the intro to TVXQ's Balloons and dancing around to it. Hearing it, Eunhye reached for the other mic and joined him.

They booked the room for three hours and Eunhye lost track of how many bottles she had. She guessed she was drinking the same amount as Hani was, and since her friend was still fine, she figured she was still fine. She saw the song "Yanghwa Bridge" to be next in line. It was the song she was currently searching on the list. Mingyu handed the mic to Wonwoo, who cleared his throat and seemed excited to be singing next. Eunhye grabbed the other mic and sang along. By the chorus, Wonwoo, who had a few bottles of liquid courage, himself, put an arm around Eunhye, who, in turn, naturally encircled an arm around his waist, taking a mental note at how narrow it was. The alcohol made them instant friends.

"Haengbokhaja..." he sang.

"Haengbokhaja..." she responded.

"Appeujimalgo..." they sang together. "Appeujimalgo..."

When the song ended, they had perfect score and they gave each other high fives, proud of themselves. Seeing it, Mingyu decided they play a game and whoever lost would pay for the next round of drinks. They easily agreed and discussed which songs they were most confident about.

Eunhye already had a song in mind and she told him what it was.

"Really?" Wonwoo asked, surprised at her choice. "I love that song, too. And it's rap, I can do that pretty well."

When she got Wonwoo's approval, she punched the numbers in, earning a weirded out look from Mingyu. "I'm sure that Wonwoo-hyung can pull this off, but you?"

Eunhye just stuck her tongue out at him and handed him the song list. Hani was still singing a song, and "Boys and Girls" showed to be up next. Eunhye opened the door and called the part timer's attention to get them another round of beer. When she got back, Wonwoo called her over to talk about their song. Hani was belting a note so she did not hear what he said and had to move closer. Wonwoo leaned in and spoke close to her ear.

"Do you want to do the hook part?" he said. 

She felt his lips touch her earlobe, making her shudder inwardly but she shrugged it off. She nodded at his suggestion, but also leaned close to tell him what she wanted to do. "I wanna do the second verse rap. Will it be okay?"

"Oohh," Wonwoo said, giving her two thumbs up. If he had not heard her talk trash while playing a game, he would never imagine this tiny girl rapping. "Sure, sure. I wanna see that."

"I'm sick of this song!" Hani complained when she saw which one Eunhye and Wonwoo chose. Eunhye always played this song whenever their group went for karaoke, along with another friend of theirs, Woo Zico. "Zico's not even here."

Eunhye stepped up on the seat put an arm around Wonwoo. "I got myself a new partner right here. Let's hope he's as good." She ruffled his hair as the familiar intro to the song started. The two of them sang and rapped their hearts out, ending with 97 as their score.

Mingyu had chosen "Like being shot by a bullet" as their song. Since Mingyu did most of the singing, the couple ended up paying for the round. "Let's do another one," he declared. "I wanna be paired with Wonwoo-hyung this time."

"You'll end up paying again," Eunhye muttered, taking on the challenge. She readily let go of Wonwoo, pushing him towards Mingyu and grabbed the songlist from him. While she and Hani chose their song, she noticed her phone was ringing. Her high spirits went crashing down when she saw the unregistered number showing on the caller ID.

"Isn't that an international call?" Wonwoo asked, seeing the prefix of the number.

"You're right," Eunhye said, getting an idea. She punched in a random song and waited for her phone to ring again. When it did, she touched the Answer button but did not put it close to her ear. She turned the volume up, making sure she was close to the speakers so it would burst the phone up on the other line.

"Let her be," Hani told Wonwoo when he showed concern. "It's a stalker she's trying to get rid of."

"Wouldn't that be dangerous?" he asked, worried. "What if it angered the person and do bad stuff to her?"

"He already did bad things," Hani replied with a roll of her eyes. "And he's miles away so it's fine. She's getting him mad on purpose."

"I'll just pay for the next round," Eunhye declared when the call ended on its own. "I'll go get some fresh air."

Four songs later, she was still not back. Hani started to worry, suspicious that Eunhye might actually be calling her ex back. She got up too quickly and cursed when her knees hit the edge of the table.

"Are you okay?" Mingyu asked, rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter