Chapter 4: That Night

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"They made a mistake," he explained, scratching the back of his head. He shuddered at something he remembered. "The room I had was already occupied."

"Let's go to the lobby, they might have given us the wrong key," she suggested, starting to leave.

"I already asked," Wonwoo said, not moving from where he was. "They said they don't have any more rooms available."

She noticed he seemed pretty shaken up at whatever he witnessed so she decided to calm him down. Opening the door to the tiny room, she let him in. "Well, let's call Mingyu so you two can share a room."

"I already knocked. He's not opening." Wonwoo pointed to the wall. "They're pretty busy, don't you think?"

Blood rushed to her cheeks when the noises from the other room became more obvious when she realized what the couple were doing again. She cleared and checked her watch. They had been at it for over forty minutes. "What have you been feeding your roommate?" she muttered.

"Seafood," Wonwoo mumbled in response and they both laughed awkwardly.

Eunhye looked around the room, basically just so she would not have to look at Wonwoo. Sighing, she placed the plastic bag she had with her on the small bedside table. "I do have an event in a few minutes, so I'm gonna need to go shower first."

It was Wonwoo's turn to clear his throat. "Okay. Hopefully they'll be done soon so I can leave."

She glanced at her watch again. She still had twenty minutes which was plenty enough time for a quick shower, so she got ready. She tried not to mind it when Wonwoo awkwardly sat on the bed, studying it if it creaked just for something to do.

"Noona," he called when she was about to enter the shower. "Can I borrow your phone? At least let me play some games or music." He gestured to the wall. "You know..."

She knew what he meant and felt sorry for him, so she handed him her phone. As she thought about it, she loaded the game that had an event and showed him the controls. If she needed more time in the shower, at least someone could get her attention if the event started. 

"Just don't upgrade anything," she instructed. "If I'm still in the shower and the notification pops up for the event, please let me know."

He gave her a thumb up to assure her he understood. She could not help but find the excitement in his eyes, cute. "Take your time," he said, shooing her away so he could play.

Eunhye was about to enter the bathroom but her phone rang. Wonwoo was startled and he hit the Answer button.

"Oops," he said and frantically handed it to her. "Sorry," he mouthed.

She stared at it, considering hanging up or making Wonwoo answer it. However, she was not the kind of person to use other people for her own gain so she just put  it on her ear. "What?"

"Did you get home?" Mark's voice was frantic. "Who was that guy in the photo? Are you seeing someone already? Is this why you broke up with me?!"

Her eyebrows went up. "No, I'm not home yet."

"Where are you? Who are you with right now? Where's Hani?"

"Hani..." Eunhye chewed on her tongue, finding it funny that she just developed that mannerism the moment she dated Mark Tuan. "She's in the other room with Mingyu. They're kinda busy, if you know what I mean."

"What about you? Are you alone? Where the heck are you?"

"No, I'm not alone," she answered honestly. "I'm in a motel."

Wonwoo found it uncomfortable to hear her side of the conversation so he cleared his throat and got up. "Noona, should I go shower first?"

Eunhye turned to him without bothering to cover the mouthpiece. "I'll go."

"What the ?" Mark cursed in English on the other line. "Who was that? Was that the guy on the photo? HEY JUNG EUNHYE, answer me!"

"I need to go shower," Eunhye said, not bothering to explain. She realized she did want to use Wonwoo to her advantage and wanted Mark to feel what she did that day at least for a moment. "Don't call again."

"No, don't hang up. We need to talk."

"It's over, Mark. It had been for a month."

He was still saying something but she ended the call and handed her phone back to Wonwoo with an irritated look. "If he calls again, just ignore it."

"Why don't you just block him?" Wonwoo suggested. "If he's bothering you too much."

"He'll just find another phone to call me with," she said with a sigh. The guy knew her number by heart, just like she knew his. "Sorry about that."

"What about if he calls again and I answer it instead," he offered. "Pretend to be your new boyfriend or something."

She shook her head. "Thanks, but he knows I won't go out with anyone." She patted his shoulder. "Worse, he'll just keep bugging me more. I'll just change my number tomorrow."

Wonwoo wondered why she had not done that if this had been happening for a month. He figured she actually wanted to hear from the guy but kept finding reasons to convince herself not to. He sat back on the bed that was wide enough for two people, as she retreated to the bathroom. 

Suddenly, Eunhye came back out, cursing.

"What is it?" he asked, worried.

"The lock's broken," she complained. "Ugh! This is the worst day ever."

He got up and examined it, himself. He tried shimmying it a bit but the lock simply would not click. He guessed that because of the types of customers that usually checked in at the place, it did not really matter that much if the lock worked or not.

"It's really not working," he muttered.

Eunhye sighed and grabbed a face towel. "It's fine. I'll find a way."

Wonwoo went back to the bed and turned his attention to the phone, trying his best to ignore the sounds of passion coming out of the other room. He turned the volume up on the phone, hoping to drown the noise, but then there came rhythmic bumps against the wall. Annoyed, he knocked on it to let them know he could hear them.

He was also cursed with a good imagination, which betrayed him when he heard the sound of the shower coming from the bathroom. Mentally cursing, Wonwoo tried to preoccupy himself with studying the skills and making skill combos on the mobile game after entering a practice dungeon.

Eunhye still felt bad for using Wonwoo to make Mark jealous although she did not intend to. Wonwoo did offer to pretend for her to do just that but she knew she would not be able to keep the lie up. Besides, she did not want anyone to get involved with the mess she was in.

She did not turn the heater on, even though she had checked it first thing the moment she came into the room. If she showered in warm water, she would want to stay longer. The cold water also helped her gain her senses back, and prevent her from imagining other things that could have happened under that same shower, especially now that there was someone just right outside the broken door who had offered to pretend to be her boyfriend.

The lock was broken so she used her shirt and put it between the door and the sill just so it would be stuck without her having to worry about it swinging open. After all, despite Wonwoo seeming to be a nice guy, she did not know him and would not know what he would do.

Eunhye also regretted taking a full bath when she realized she did not have a hair drier. There was one but it was stuck on the wall by the sink which meant she would have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter