Chapter 20: Lock Patterns

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You have the house all by yourself."

She tried not to look bothered. "I'll send him home after he's done with that game."

Sunmi just patted her cheek, smiling as if she knew that was the exact opposite of what was going to happen. "Look at our maknae being so responsible." 

"Can you not go?" she pouted.

"I know you want me to," her friend said and left Eunhye there alone in the hallway. Sunmi retreated to her room, only to run out with her purse. "See ya. Oh, and I hid all your coffee beans. Love ya. "

"WHY??!!!" 

Sunmi did not hear her because she already closed the door behind her.

Grumbling with all her heart, she just went and made ramyeon. She was not sure how much Wonwoo would eat but she cooked two. She put more servings on one bowl and went back to her room.

"Wow," Wonwoo said, smelling the ramyeon. "Yum. This internet cafe is the best."

She could not help but crack a smile on that. He seemed to be very excited to be playing. Eunhye stood behind him, eating her ramyeon. She tried to concentrate on the game, but she kept getting distracted by his fingers that were moving fast on the keyboard. She had always been attracted to skilled gamers, but for some reason, he looked especially good while he played. His eyes were bright, as if he was enjoying every moment of it, and it was a side of him she did not get to see before.

"Did you see that, Noona?" he asked, talking about a triple combo skill he did, killing two enemy avatars at once. She saw it and she felt proud, for some reason. "I told you I won't lose." Wonwoo turned to her and aimed for a high five, which she returned.

"Nice one."

"They were actually winning earlier," he admitted. "But since you're here, I think I'll win this for sure."

Eunhye had to make him repeat what he just said. She was distracted by how his black t-shirt hung on his shoulders in the most perfect way. It might be her otaku self speaking but she preferred a guy with a lean build who looked good with loose clothes, like those leading men in Japanese comics do. She heard Sunmi's words again earlier about Wonwoo being the definition of her type. His shoulders looked inviting, and she had a sudden image in her mind of her putting her arms around them while she just stood there watching him. She shook the thought away and finished her ramyeon. The game was becoming interesting so she just placed her bowl on the side of the desk instead of washing it right away.

The clash ended and only Wonwoo and a teammate remained standing. While the others respawned, Wonwoo had some time to retreat and regroup. He also took that time to finally touch his ramyeon. He was suprised at the serving.

"How many did you cook?" he asked.

"Just two."

"This is more than one serving," he noted.

She smiled and patted his shoulder--an excuse for the slight skinship because she could not shake that image off her head. "You're so skinny, I should have just given you both servings."

Instead of taking offense he just chuckled at her comment. 

"Oh, you cooked the spicy one," he noted.

Her eyebrows creased. She forgot to ask if he could eat spicy food. "Why?"

"I always liked spicy food," he muttered, taking another mouthful. "Wow. You boiled it really well."

She was relieved that he liked it but then mentally kicked herself for reacting that way. When she realized her hand was still on his shoulder, it was too late because he did, too. Wonwoo turned and took her other hand and wrapped them around his own neck and shoulders. He moved the mouse with one hand while the other kept her hand in place because she was trying to take it back.

"What are you doing?" She felt goosebumps when he made her do exactly as she pictured in her head. Who gave him permission to do this to her?

"Just keep them there for a bit," Wonwoo said. "You wanted me to win, right?"

"Of course," she replied. "That's my account."

He let out another chuckle and pressed one of her hands on his cheek and cheered himself on. "Let's do this. Stay there, Noona."

She wondered if the guy had something against her to give her a heart attack almost every time. When he put both hands on the computer, she tried to take hers back but he just grabbed them again and put them back, with a cluck of his tongue as if she was annoying him. So instead, Eunhye turned her attention to the screen, wanting the game to end. She almost did not care if he broke her winning streak. 

Wonwoo played really well though, and she was getting into the game as he was. She eventually did not mind the forced skinship. She even hit him when he made a mistake. Ten more minutes and the game ended in victory with her account as the highest scorer.

"Assa!" she said, happily shaking his shoulder after seeing the number 39 at the bottom right corner of the screen, showing her current streak. After all, it was HER winning streak.

"Thirty nine?" Wonwoo asked, seeing it, too. "Noona, you're not normal. Good thing I didn't break that."

She wiggled her eyebrows, proud of herself. "I would have probably strangled you."

"Told you this would work," he said, taking her hands in his again. She pulled them back and hid them in her pockets. He laughed at her reaction. "Aigoo, so cute."

Eunhye kicked the chair, wishing it was his shin, before picking her bowl up and bringing it to the kitchen. She could see Wonwoo eating his, while checking her computer out. She did not mind, though, since that one was solely for gaming. All her personal files were actually on the one in the living room.

Wonwoo continued to check out her games. Placing the bowl back in the cupboard, she went back, meaning to tell him to go home. When she got back to her room, his face was like a child's that it hurt to tell him he could not play anymore.

"Noona," he said, seeing she was back. "This computer is priceless. Can I ask for the installer for some of these games? I don't know where else to get them."

She reached for a drawer on the computer desk and took out an external hard drive. Aside from the free food, that would be his reward for not breaking her streak. "Please make sure to return this to me, and protect this with your life."

His face was that of a child's when offered a huge bag of asorted candies. "I could kiss you right now."

"Don't." She cleared and then put on her Sunday School Teacher smile. "Aren't you excited to install them on your own computer? Go on home."

"Are you sure you don't want that kiss?"

I'm sure I do, but no. "Bye, Wonwoo."

He stared at her for another moment before getting up from the seat. Eunhye avoided him by getting the bowl he used, but he took it from her, his hand touching hers on purpose. 

She would have told him off or something else but she felt bile on . She should have known not to cook the super spicy flavored one, but that was what she was craving. Overtaking Wonwoo who was also on his way out, she threw open the bathroom door and letting out the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter