Chapter 64: Confrontations

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"We should hang out after this."

Zico chuckled at Baekhyun's suggestion as he drove down the familiar neighborhood in Gangnam. He preferred to exercise alone but he found himself agreeing to Chanyeol when the guy asked to come together after a while to the gym they were all members of.

He used to hate exercising but when he met Seolhyun, he started going. He also realized he liked those girls leaning on the healthy side, his ex-girlfriend for example. Even after they broke up, he still went. He easily got attracted to those girls with long legs and looked good in athletic clothes. Maybe he should start doing Pilates.

"This is near Minseok-hyung's coffee shop," Baekhyun went on. "Why don't we all go there after?"

"I'm fine wherever," he answered. He was bored being holed up in his apartment. He already finished all the game's main characters Eunhye had asked him to work on for their final output for the semester and already sent them to her but she did not reply. Maybe he should start thinking about a final output that would only be for him if ever she told him she decided not to work with him.

Zico knew he should have kept quiet about what he felt for her. He had been holding on for so long, so why did he let her provoke him into saying that?

If he was honest to himself, he was dying to know her answer. A part of him still held on to the 1% chance that she felt the same about him but seeing her with Wonwoo snuffed that hope out. He had already given up about the two of them ending up together years ago, so why did he have to ruin everything?

"Jung Eunhye's at the gym?!" he heard Baekhyun say as he read a text, springing up to his seat as far as the seat belt would allow. "Eyy. No way."

"That's a lie," Zico declared.

He had known Eunhye for years and after that break-up with their high school sunbae, she never went to the gym. Besides, she hated sweating and was disgusted by other people's sweat. There was no way she was going.

But Wonwoo was a regular there, so it was possible.

Before Zico could even consider turning his car around and tell Baekhyun he was not going, they came to the block where the establishment was and his hands automatically went to park the car in the space he usually did. 

On the elevator, Baekhyun opened his mouth again.

"Ya," he said. He, too, was well aware of Zico's image of his ideal girl: someone wearing a sports bra, tight shorts while jogging with her dog along Hangang Park. "If Eunhye looked good in gym clothes would you have considered dating her?"

"Ew. Did you even ask yourself that?" Zico snapped, making a face.

"I actually did," Baekhyun admitted. "Only, my thought was, if only she complained less about stuff, maybe was a couple of inches taller, and would eat seafood with me, yeah, I'd consider it."
 
"I'll tell her you said that."

"No, you're not," Baekhyun stuck a tongue out. "Chanyeol told me you're not speaking to each other."

Chanyeol and his loose mouth, Zico thought as he and Baekhyun entered the gym.


*****

"Where are you going?" Wonwoo got up from the Chest Fly Machine and ran towards Eunhye, whom he saw was fixing her bag, getting ready to leave.

She glared at him. "You knew he was coming here."

Of course he did. "He does go to this gym but he usually goes at night," he argued, which was true. "I didn't know he'd be here today."

Eunhye glanced at the others who were a few feet away from them. Chanyeol was watching them so she talked in a lower volume so only Wonwoo could hear. "I'll go home today. Let's just meet up after your shift."

Wonwoo snatched her bag from her. "You're not going anywhere."

Her shoulders slumped but then decided he could bring her bag with him. She started to leave but Wonwoo pulled her arm.

"Why are you so affected by this?" Wonwoo asked, a bit annoyed. "Don't tell me you actually feel something for him that's why it's such a big issue? Why can't you just tell him you don't love him that way and be done with it?"

Pulling the jealous boyfriend card was not fair. She hated it that he would even think that and she took a step back and eased the tension in her own face. She sighed, her hand reaching up to cup one side of his face.

"It's not that, okay?" she assured him. "I just really hate confrontations. I'm still mad at him and I'm sure we'll just yell at each other's face if we talked now."

"Then cut him off your life for good instead of being so hung up about it and drive me crazy."

Wonwoo knew he was being whiny. He hated that he had to throw a tantrum but he was sure she needed this more than she would admit. He was also starting to get tired of being the understanding boyfriend.

She took his hands in hers and took a step closer. He hesitated, surprised that she did not mind that her friends were watching and that his shirt was damp with his sweat after working out for almost an hour. Unlike her, Wonwoo was not that mindful of it and thought that she actually looked hot after exercising. He bit his lip unconsciously.

"Do I get a reward after this?" she asked quietly.

Wonwoo took a sharp intake of breath. At the back of his head, he knew she was doing this to distract him. "What do you have in mind?"

She pouted while she thought of what she wanted, and it took a lot of Battlegrounds together."

He had to hide his disappointment. He should have known not to get his hopes up.

"How about a massage?" he suggested, his tongue brushing the corner of his mouth before he could stop it.

She narrowed her eyes at him.

"It's your first day in the gym after a long time," he said. "If not since forever. You might feel sore later. I'm getting pretty good with my hands, you know."

Wonwoo received massages from her and thought he would be okay if he was the one to do it. She had always been good with her hands and she usually gave him massages whenever he felt tired from work or from working out. Most of those times ended up with the two of them making out.

"Deal."

"Good," he said. He pointed to the 2 lbs. dumbbells she abandoned. "You still need two sets of those."

Rolling her eyes, she took the small towel she had been carrying with her and started to go back to her spot earlier. Wonwoo pulled her back, though, after a thought entered his mind.

"You're going to reject him, right?"

Eunhye bit her lips to keep herself from laughing. "I honestly don't know. Maybe?"

"Ya."

Her nose scrunched up in a silent laughter, reminding Wonwoo of himself. She bopped his nose and laughed some more when he furrowed his brows at her lack of answer.

"Gosh, Eunhye," they heard Baekhyun call out. "Stop being so gross so early in the day."

"You're late," she told him.

He stuck his tongue out. "You're disgusting."

Her eyes fell on the other person who came in after Baekhyun. Zico's eyes met hers and she saw them widen when he took in the sight of her. She knew Zico's preferences and that he was weak when it came to a girl wearing athletic clothes. It was not that she thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter