Chapter 39: Dorms

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't get it," Eunhye said, staring at two computers that sat side by side on one corner of the room. There were also two seats, one black and the other was white. "I thought your room was that corner in the living room."

"I put the bed there," Wonwoo said. It was convenient for him since it was just a few steps from the door and it was easy for him whenever he had to get up in the middle of the night and drink water. "I just come here to use the computer."

"Which one is yours?"

Wonwoo pointed to one computer. He saw her use one finger to touch some of the keys on the keyboard and the mouse, and he chuckled. He had noted that she wiped her keyboard and mouse every single day in their cyber lab. Wonwoo had a suspicion that she did that with her home computer, too. "I wiped it already."

She sat down on the black chair, her hands automatically going for the mouse and the left side of the keyboard out of habit. Standing behind her, Wonwoo leaned over her to type the password on the keyboard, resting his chin on her head. The contact made Eunhye shudder and he chuckled at her reaction. It always made her jump whenever there was abrupt contact and it never failed to amuse him.

"I never liked this seat as much before," he muttered, standing straight after he was able to login. He got the hard drive and plugged it in, going back to the same position behind her as he went through the files.

Eunhye bit her lip, trying her best to ignore Wonwoo's flirtings. For some reason, the lighting of the room was dim, which did not help her heartbeat's state at all. When she asked about it earlier, Wonwoo explained they had not replaced the bulb yet. "Which one were you talking about? I didn't encrypt any installer file."

Wonwoo pointed to one file that was hidden among others. It was indeed encrypted, and she knew why. it was the backdoor program she used on the camera system when she hacked into it.

"That's not a game," she said. "And there's no way I'm gonna give that to you."

Wonwoo's eyes bulged. "Is that...?" He covered his mouth and make a shocked face at her.

She flicked his ear. "No. It's a backdoor program."

"Right." His disbelief was obvious. "You didn't name it that, though. Look at it. It's called Cyber Citizen. That's either a game or..."

"Why would I name it what it is?" she asked. He shook his head in mock disappointment but she just rolled her eyes. Her ears were turning red at what he was implying, though. "So this isn't something you can install on your computer. Can I go now?"

Wonwoo ejected the drive from the computer and handed it to her. His expression had changed now, the playfulness gone. "Yeah, you can go."

His tone made her look up to him. "Are you angry?" Wonwoo shook his head but his eyes told Eunhye otherwise. She had to admit, cold-faced Wonwoo was hot. She bit her lip to keep from smiling. She turned her face back to the computer. "Is this your computer or Seungcheol's?"

"Mine. Why?"

Eunhye smiled mischievously and she started to open random files. With just a few touches on the keyboard, she was at his Recent folders. When Wonwoo realized what she was doing, he stopped her.

"Ya, what are you doing?" he asked, having trouble catching her hands. "Noona, stop it."

"I'm looking for your encrypted files," she said, using her whole body to fight back. 

"I don't have them," he said, using his strength to over power her. He finally caught both of her hands and used his knee to push her chair away from the computer.

"Oh, so you didn't encrypt them? I already found a suspicious one, let me check it."

"Don't."

"Then I'll just go through your Browsing History."

Her wrists were so small that both of them fit in just one of Wonwoo's hand, and he used his other one to cover to stop her from talking. Even her face was tiny that his hand covered more than half of it. Wonwoo had to control himself from using too much force, and also because he was starting to like how she look restrained.

"Fine," Eunhye said, her words muffled be he could still make the words out. "I'll just go home, then."

Trusting she would not make a move for the computer again, Wonwoo let her go, but kept holding her hand. He used his body as a shield, placing himself between her and the computer. "Why can't you stay? At least one game?"

"One game's going to turn to two," she answered. "And then three, and then the next thing we'll know it's already dark."

That was actually what he was planning. "What's wrong with that?"

They had a staring contest until Eunhye had to blink. She sighed, mentally counting on how many times this kid had talked her into doing something she did not agree to. "Fine. One game and then I'm out."

Wonwoo tried to hide his smirk as he logged into Seungcheol's PC. All he needed to do now was win. He already made the mistake of going easy on her the first time they played against each other and he was not going to do that now. Wonwoo was going to make her want to stay on her own. He liked it that she drove him to play his best. It brought him a huge satisfaction when he beat her.

"Argh!" Eunhye threw the mouse away when Wonwoo's character killed hers with a headshot.

"Assa!" Wonwoo said, throwing his hands in the air and making a small dance. He got up and stretched dramatically. "C'mon. I'll walk you home."

She glared up at him. "That was a fluke."

"No, it was a headshot," he countered. "Come to think of it, we can stop by and get some food somewhere. Do you want to go to Hangang?"

"One more. Just one last round."

Wonwoo grinned. "What was that?"

She dragged his arm to make him sit back down. "That was a fluke," she repeated through gritted teeth.

"Okay," he shrugged and logged back in. He flexed his fingers before accepting the invite. "Just one more, okay?"

She did not respond anymore and set her attention to the screen in front of her, instead. Chuckling, Wonwoo did the same. Eunhye had gone quiet and he thought she had gotten mad at him, but it only made him want to win more. Not wasting an opportunity, he shot down her character three minutes through the game.

"Nice," he said, grinning.

"Your keyboard ," she muttered. She hit his arm. "Remind me to get you one. Let's switch PCs."

"But you said--"

"Get up."

"Yes, ma'am," he said and got up immediately so she could sit in front of Seungcheol's PC. "I'll be in my territory, though. Just saying."

Eunhye was busy testing the mouse controls and the keyboard on her new computer to mind him. She did not have to ask Wonwoo for another battle, the invite came as soon as she was logged back in. In this round, she won.

"Okay, so that's two out of three for me," Wonwoo said, baiting her. Those were the same words that would get him to keep playing if the roles were switched. Although, if it was him, he would have volunteered to stay over.

They ended up playing more until Wonwoo won 7 rounds out of 12. She was right when she said one game would turn to many and they had been at it for almost two hours. On his eighth win, Eunhye let go of the controls. "I'm not playing anymore." 

She surprised Wonwoo when she pushed her chair away from the desk, situated herself behind him and rested her chin on his shoulder. He swallowed, his throat feeling dry. He was still not used to her making the first move. He was not complaining, though. 

"Keep playing," she told him, pointing to the regular match option instead. "I'll watch."

"Are you sure?" She just nodded. Wonwoo held out his hand for her. "Hands?" She held his and he wrapped them around his own shoulders. "Better," he muttered.

Eunhye quietly watched him, not even giving out tips when she thought she knew where the enemies could be. She wondered if his shoulders were this wide before. They seemed bigger than she remembered. Halfway through the match, she could not help herself. 

"Thank you."

He made sure his character was well hidden and took off the headset. "What?" Her locks fell to his shoulders, and he ran a hand through her hair to push it back the way he saw her do at least a hundred times a day. 

"I said, 'thank you'," she said, biting her lip and blood rushing to her cheeks.

"You're always welcome," he replied. "But what exactly are you thanking me for?"

"For playing seriously," she answered. "For treating me like real competition, instead of going easy on me just because I'm a girl." 

Wonwoo turned to plant a kiss on her temple. "That's because you're my girl."

Eunhye bit his shoulder for making her cringe. She pointed to the screen. "There's someone on the roof."

He groaned. "You're making me lose th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter