Chapter 12: Popcorn or Chips

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Zico had predicted, Eunhye got to his place first. Between there and Chanyeol's place, Zico's house was a lot cleaner. Like her, Zico preferred his things to be in order, which was why she preferred to stay over there even though Chanyeol's place was closer to campus. She studied the house, looking for traces of Zico's ex girlfriend to know if she was ever there so she could about it. The place was spotless.

She did not expect to hear from Kim Yukwon although she knew he was released from military service a week ago. He was an old classmate from college and they were pretty close. Most of the girls in their department did not like her, especially the upperclassmen, so she mostly hung out with the guys. They never judged her like the girls do, they treated her like family and they never hit on her--but that was probably because they never saw her as a girl. In the end, she was more accustomed and comfortable around guys than girls.

She was already going through Zico's TV, checking which movies were available on Netflix, when she heard the code being put in the door and voices in the hallway.

"She's already here," she heard Zico say, probably seeing her sneakers by the door.

"Eunhye-yaaaa!" Kim Yukwon ran inside, his arms wide.

Eunhye tossed the remote control towards the couch and jumped up to fall right into Yukwon's arms into a bear hug. The military changed her friend and he was now sturdier than he was before and she felt muscles when he wrapped his arms around her. She heard the door close and the lock click.

"Make yourself at home," Zico was saying. He came inside and smiled at the sight of the two of them but went straight to the kitchen, carrying two bags of takeout with him.

Another person came in and Eunhye suddenly let go of Yukwon. She did not expect to see him there at all. 

"Wonwoo? What are you doing here?"

"Hi, Noona."

"Chanyeol was trying to kidnap him to go clubbing," Zico explained from the kitchen. "I had to rescue him."

Yukwon sat on the couch and dragged Eunhye to sit beside him. "I would have gone with them but I wanted to see you, so I'm here."

Eunhye suddenly did not want to show too much affection like she usually did before with her friends. She could feel Wonwoo's eyes on her and she was sure he was making his judgement about her in his head. She was not unaware of what other people thought about her whenever she hang out with these guys but she never really cared until now. Of all people, Jeon Wonwoo was the only one who had the right to judge her. He got to her pants with no sweat at all. He probably thought it was the same for other guys.

"I'll help Zico," she said, getting up. She handed Yukwon the remote. "You do know how to use a smart TV, right?"

"Probably." He turned to Wonwoo, and handed him the remote. "Hey kid, pick what you wanna watch. I'll go with anything."

Wonwoo sat alone on the loveseat. Why his sunbae needed the loveseat when he lived alone, he had no idea. But he sure he did not want to see Eunhye sit there with anyone. He went through the channel, showing the guy who just got out of the military the good movies he might have missed while serving.

"Why did you invite Wonwoo?" she asked Zico, her voice low. She helped him prepare the take out. She secured the okonomiyaki for herself, even though most likely Zico bought one serving just for her. Sure enough, she found one without bonito flakes toppings.

"You should have seen his face when Changkyun told him he basically had no choice but to go to the club with them. He looked like you when asked the same thing. Why? Is there a problem?" Zico took out another okonomiyaki serving, this one with the bonito flakes, saying the three of them will split the other serve.

"Wonwoo can't eat seafood," she muttered. She saw him narrow his already-narrow eyes at her. He asked how she knew. "What? I told you he's Mingyu's friend."

Zico cocked his head to the side but proceeded with opening the box of fried tempura, wowwing when he was wafted by the scent. Her friend was picky when it came to food, and so was she, so they usually matched when it came to food. Well, except for the seafood, that is. Zico threw his small living room a look when he heard both Wonwoo and Yukwon laugh at something.

"He seems okay," Zico said honestly. However, he knew his friend enough to know that there was something about the guy that bothered her. Jung Eunhye seemed to be bothered about everything in life. "What do you not like about him?"

"Nothing," she lied. Or maybe she did not. She could not find a single flaw with the guy, which was probably why she did not like him. He was way too perfect for her. "Let's go. I'm hungry."

They decided to have dinner first before watching anything. Zico meticulously wiped the table first before letting Eunhye set the food on it. When it was settled, Eunhye sat on the carpetted floor.

"Noona," Wonwoo said, getting up from the seat. "You can sit here."

Zico waved him off. "The floor is her throne. She even vacuums it herself."

Yukwon laughed, saying a side comment that Zico should just hire Eunhye as his maid and started calling her Meido-chan (Maid-chan).

"When I asked Wonwoo what he wanted," Zico was saying. "He said just okonomiyaki. You didn't tell me you can't eat seafood. Good thing I bought teriyaki and tonkatsu dons as well."

"Thanks, sunbae." He turned to ask Eunhye which of the dons she wanted to eat but she pushed the tonkatsu towards him. He had wanted the teriyaki. "Oh, thanks."

Zico and Eunhye put their own hands together at the same time and muttered, "Itadakimasu" in sync. They clucked their chopsticks together before digging in. Eunhye ignored the don, though and her hands went straight to the okonomiyaki. She made a little dance when she got a bite.

"Wonwoo-ssi, go ahead," Yukwon urged, seeing he was just staring at Eunhye. "Don't be shy. We're all pigs here."

"Yes, thanks, sunbae," he answered and started on his food. Soon, most of the conversations were about old friends whom Wonwoo did not know, and some of the adventures that the two older males had during their service.

Halfway through dinner, he saw Zico lean over Eunhye, dip a tempura on the sauce and dangle it at Eunhye's face. To his surprise, she followed it hungrily with her eyes, mouth slightly open as if expecting Zico to feed it to her. The guy put it in his mouth and stuck a tongue out at her, teasing.

"Just one bite, please," she asked with a sad face.

Zico stared at her, considering it for a moment. "Just one?" His friend nodded eagerly in response and he laughed, being reminded of a puppy getting a tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter