Chapter 26: Sweet Dreams

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was time for breakfast that morning and Eunhye was debating with herself whether she would go or not. First problem she had was that she did not want to go down the elevator alone. She considered texting Wonwoo but based on his expression the previous night, he might not be in a good mood. She also did not want to rely on him too much. Just when she was about to give up breakfast, she heard a knock on her door. She opened it to find L, wearing a disposable mask to hide how swollen his face was.

"What do you want?" She could not hide her disappointment that it was him at the door and not someone else.

"Uh, food?" he said, voice still hoarse. She would bet the rest of her college trust fund that he got up from bed one minute ago. "C'mon, let's go before all the food is gone."

She glanced at the room across from hers.

"Oh, Wonwoo?" L guessed, seeing where her eyes went. "I saw him go down the elevator earlier. He had their card with him, so I guess Mark's no longer there either."

"Hang on I'll just get my phone," she said, taking the gadget out of the charger and closing the door behind her, following L down the hall.

"Why are your eyes puffy?" he asked when they were in the elevator. "Did you cry yourself to sleep?"

"No," she lied. "I bought some manhwa volumes and I finished reading them all. I only slept for about an hour, or an hour and a half."

"Lend me some," L said. "How's your team doing?"

She shrugged, being honest this time, especially since she was not there on their last meeting. "They have a lot of good ideas but they had not really come up with a solid decision yet. They will need to work double time, but then, it's always been like that with these things. They'd be lucky to have the full concept by tonight."

"Yeah, I know," he agreed. "In our team, we both have Jackson and Jooheon. It's all ideas."

She realized she was not in the worst group and she laughed as they exited the elevator, walking into the dining area where the breakfast buffet was served. Just imagining Jackson Wang and Jooheon Lee in the same room made her shudder. She knew she would lose her patience if they were her participants.

They filled their plates, Eunhye taking pancakes, a blob of strawberry jam, a bowl of actual strawberries and cucumber juice.

"Coffee?" L offered but she shook her head. "Oh no, starks are turning white. Jung Eunhye said no to coffee."

"You have no idea what stuff I had to say, no, to."

They found their schoolmates gathered in one table, all off them except Mark. L sat beside Minhyuk, pulling Eunhye to sit beside him. It meant she had to sit across Wonwoo, who was saying something to Minhyun as if he did not see her there.

"Where's Mark?" L asked him because he knew they were sharing a room.

Wonwoo shrugged. "He didn't come in last night." His eyes wandered to Eunhye's direction but he turned his attention immediately to his food.

L turned to her. "Do you know where he is?"

"Am I Mark's keeper?" she snapped. "How would I know?"

Her friend leaned in to say something without the others hearing. "Maybe because I saw him leave your room last night?" He had been worried when she disappeared and wanted to check on her. "Around three? Now I know why you didn't get any sleep. Were you two at it the whole night?"

There was a loud clang as a bread knife and a fork fell on a plate. All eyes turned to Wonwoo, halting even the small arguement Jackson and Yugyeom was having. "My hand slipped, sorry."

"Are you two going back together?" L whispered again when the others went on talking to each other. "He was there earlier, wasn't he? That's why you were in such a hurry to leave because you didn't want us to find out."

No, because you said Wonwoo already went down without me. "Of course not. We already broke up."

"So it was just casual?"

"Shut up, L. It's not like that."

Wonwoo got up, announcing he was done eating and would be going back to his room until the next program. He bowed slightly to L and Minhyuk before leaving.

"You're busted, Hye," L went on as he watched Wonwoo leave the hall. Eunhye guessed their senior, Nam Woohyun, dubbed Kim Myungsoo as L, for Lucifer. Little did she know that someone put L at it. "You're dating the hoobae."

She aimed her own bread knife at him. "I told you, I'm not. Like a hundred times."

"Did you see his face when I implied you and Mark..." he stopped talking, seeing the look on his friend's face. "Where is the guy, anyway, really?"


*************


Wonwoo concentrated on the task at hand. He found a lot of bugs on the program, and dozens more that they needed to revise. Both Mark and Eunhye did not really have to do that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter