Chapter 8: Tech Lab III

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhye stared at the email on her phone one more time, daring it to erase itself. She had been assigned to be the TA of a class with the second year students, which meant she would be seeing Mark's new girl for one whole semester, if not two. With a heavy heart, she walked up the steps to the building for the Computer Science Department.

"Isn't this the best morning?"

Eunhye felt an arm around her shoulder and she returned the fist bump Zico offered. "Not really."

"Why not?" he asked. "It's a new semester, which meant new beginnings. Well, for us, though it's the beginning of the end, which makes it even better. I can't wait to leave this school."

Hoobaes bowed to them in greeting in the hallway, which made her realize how old they were. Zico was right, it would be their last year in that school. But why did it have to be the hardest year for her?

"Why are you here?" she asked. "You don't have a class."

"I had to drop an elective," he said as casually as he could. His friend said he wanted to take some of the courses he had not done during his regular classes.

"Which subject?" He told her which one. "Why are you dropping it?"

Zico walked her to the cyber labs rather quietly, and he did not answer her question. Eunhye used the time to check on her emails and checked the electives. That class was also assigned to her for 2 hours every week. She checked the names of the students and saw a familiar one. "Huh. Kim Seolhyun. I guess I'm not the only one with an ex problem here."

They were by the door of Lab 17 which was assigned to Eunhye's class. She still had a few minutes before the class officially started so she lingered by the door, postponing having to face Minatozaki Sana. The look on Zico's face was not good and she patted it in an attempt to get rid of his frown.

"You should just find someone new, babe," Eunhye said. "Just because one girl did that to you doesn't mean all of them would."

"I should say the same to you, really," he replied, a smirk now lifting the corner of his lips. "Which class is this?"

"Tech Lab, obviously." She sighed deeply. "Second years, Programming."

Her friend made a shocked face, realizing why she had that frown so early in the morning. "Wow. That's not going to be awkward at all. Does she know? About you and Mark?"

She shrugged. After not talking to Mark for six weeks, she had no idea what he was up to now, nor did she have any information about his status with the girl he chose over her. "Wish me luck."

Zico patted her head, messing up her hair which she tied up in a loose braid in an attempt to look like she made an effort coming to school. "Just don't torture this class on purpose because of her."

"I'm not like that," she snapped.

Her friend just let out a snort before opening the door for her and leaving her to her fate. Eunhye almost pulled him back and begged him to take her place instead but he walked down the hallway with his hands in his pockets, no doubt thinking about his ex. Her friend's experience was not unlike hers, what with his girlfriend dating a teacher in her department while they were still together.

Accepting the duties that she signed up for, Eunhye walked over to the front of the room where a computer sat on a work station, facing all the students.

"Good morning, Sunbae."

Eunhye's bag completely missed the drawer when she heard a low voice. She looked at the very first student work station in front of her and met Jeon Wonwoo's eyes.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"Tech Lab III," he replied innocently. 

Eunhye checked her the email she received again and that was the same subject written on her TA schedule. She quietly logged in on her computer and asked them to do so as well so she could check their attendance.

"Sunbaenim."

"What?" she asked Jeon Wonwoo quite sharply.

"Mine isn't turning on," he said, fumbling with the cords on his computer. "Nevermind. I found it. Thanks, Sunbae."

Everyone else was logged in except for him. Eunhye saw Sana's name on one seat and her eyes drifted to that direction and there she was. Minatozaki Sana, breathing the same air as her. Their eyes met and she saw the younger girl's eyes widen, most likely after seeing the expression on Eunhye's face.

"What's taking so long?" she asked Jeon Wonwoo, who was the easier target because he was right in front of her.

"My password isn't working," he answered. "Sunbaenim."

The way he kept emphasizing that word hit a nerve and Eunhye sighed loudly.

"Oops. It locked me out."

"Seriously?" Eunhye said through gritted teeth. She was suspecting the kid was doing it on purpose.

"The CAPSLOCK is on," the student next to Wonwoo said. Eunhye had to check her computer to see his name was Kwon Soonyoung. "What's wrong with you today, dude?"

Eunhye logged into a different program so she would be able to reset his logins. After entering a few information, she turned to him. "What do you want as a new password?"

"Your name," Wonwoo replied. The room errupted with 'ooh's' and some laughter. "I'll just change it later."

Eunhye rolled her chair away from the table and gestured for him to put in his new password on his own. Another set of teasing came from the rest of the class as he got up and went to her computer. While Wonwoo had his back to his classmates, he flashed her a smirk. After putting in his new password, he got back to his own computer and was finally able to login.

She walked over to Jeon Wonwoo's seat and worked on his computer so she could show them where to go to open a file for the course they needed to go through. Eunhye intentionally did it on his computer in case he asked her something stupid again. When he took control of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter