Chapter 72: Bullet Train

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day after the incident, she did not get anything from Wonwoo, and she never initiated anything either. This was the longest time that she had not talked to him. 

Yet as the hours went by, she found herself reaching for her phone and starting to dial his number. Whenever she realized what she was doing, she would stop herself.

A small part of her wanted to stay angry at what he almost did. She wanted to ask him why he did that because she was sure something was wrong. The rest of her just missed him and even regretted saying, no, which she knew was stupid.

It was Saturday morning that Eunhye received messages from Mingyu.

Kim.Gyu: noona
Kim.Gyu: did u and wonwoo fight?
Eunhye: huh? 
Kim.Gyu: he's not eating
Kim.Gyu: he's been in bed since yesterday
Eunhye: what about his exams?
Kim.Gyu: dunno
Kim.Gyu: he won't talk to me
Kim.Gyu: can u come here?
Kim.Gyu: he's hasn't eaten anything AT ALL

She let herself get talked into going. Mingyu said most of the other guys were out anyways. Seungcheol and Seokmin went to their parents' houses, and Jisoo was not coming back from LA until two more weeks. As an aspiring music producer, Jihoon stayed most of the time in his studio and the gym so it was basically just him and Wonwoo in the house, so he took the liberty of cooking for the two of them.

When you do not eat Mingyu's food, he would think either his food was bad, or something was wrong with you. Most of the time, it was not the food that was the problem because he was an excellent cook. The kitchen was right there if Wonwoo was still using his bed in the living room, so he would smell it and get hungry.

"I knew you were fighting," Mingyu said softly when he opened the door for her. She did not ring the door bell and just texted him to let her in, just in case she changed her mind about coming inside. "Do you want me to leave so you can talk?"

"No," she replied. She knew he rarely went out ever since he and Hani broke up so she did not want him to force himself just because of her and Wonwoo. "That's fine."

"I can probably call Yugyeom or Eunwoo, don't worry," Mingyu told her, still whispering. He stuck his head further into the hallway, towards the living room, and called out with a loud voice. "Hyung! I'm going over to Eunwoo's. Will you be fine by yourself?"

There was no reply.

"Just text me if you need me to buy you something!" Mingyu yelled some more before opening the door again. He cheered Eunhye on, giving her a little push before leaving and closing the door behind him.

She took small steps since the hallway leading to the living room was short. When she got there, she was struck with the heat in the room. One glance and she could tell that the AC was already . This was why she did not like the idea of Wonwoo sleeping in the living room: during hot weather, it would be like a sauna because the air condition would be for half of the house, and in winter, there would be not enough heat to keep him warm. With silent steps, she adjusted it first before taking a look at him.

He still slept in the living room, alright. Even though he was welcome to sleep in Seungcheol's room, he loved his own bed and own space. He had a shirt over his head to shield his eyes from the light, the blanket thrown over to the floor since he did not need it because of the heat. The window curtains were partly opened and the sunlight shone through the glass and the foot of his bed. She winced, knowing she would not be able to stand that, if she was in his place. His body was facing the wall, taking the right side of the bed, which happened to be her usual spot if they were sleeping in her room. They were too similar that they even prefer to sleep on the same side of the bed that it used to be something they squabbled about whenever he would spend the night over.

Finally seeing him there, she felt her chest tighten. How was it that she was so mad at him but still could not get herself to hate him? She should not have come because now there was no way she would be able to run away from this man. Even after what he did, she was stuck with him. She needed Wonwoo.

Slowly, she walked over to him, hesitating because she knew he was still mad. He was probably asleep, because he did not make any signs of knowing she was there. Biting her lip and her pride, she lied down next to him. Taking a deep breath, she wrapped her arm around his narrow waist, startling him awake.

When he started to move, Eunhye pulled him closer, burying her head in his wide back. His hands started to pry off her arms but she held on with all her might.

"I'm sorry," she said, her voice cracking. It was just two days but it felt longer than that. "I'll text you every time I go to Flight Mode--no I'll never put my phone on that mode again. If you want, I'll stop going over to Jiho's. I'll stop talking to him if you tell me to."

"Eunhye." Wonwoo used his strength to be free of her arms so he could face her.

"Why didn't you call me?" She realized she was crying. No matter how much she tried to stay mad at him, she could not. She was too scared of losing him to care how illogical things were. "I had been waiting since the other day but you didn't even text me. I know you're still mad but..."

He just stared at her eyes, not saying anything.  Whenever his face was emotionless like that, Eunhye had difficulty guessing what he could be thinking, and that scared her even more. Did she stay mad at him for too long? Should she not have told him to leave and let him do what he wanted to? Now that she thought about it, she might even like what he had in mind, so why all the drama?

"Is it because I said no?" she asked, trying to rack her brain for any reason. She cupped his face and she searched his eyes. "Then... I-I'll never say no to you again. It may take a lot of work but I promise if that's what you want I--"

"Oh, god, it's not that!" Wonwoo pulled her into his arms and hugged her tight. The last thing he wanted was for her to think of it again as an obligation. "Shhh! Please don't say that."

"But..." she started to say something else but her words were drowned out by her tears. She was so overwhelmed by her emotions, her exhaustion and frustration with her schoolwork, by being mad at Wonwoo and herself at the same time, by how much she missed him and how scared she was of losing him. 

"I'm the one who should be sorry," he told her. One of his hands went to the back of her head, the other one around her shoulders, holding her delicately as if she was made out of china, but at the same time securely, as if he was afraid she was going to pull away any second. "I was a monster. After everything you've been through, I pressured you to do it. I don't even deserve to be holding you right now."

"But you stopped," she said. "That's what matters to me."

"I'm sorry. I won't force you, ever again." A tear rolled down his eyes and he blinked it away. "And you should not need to stay away from your friends just because I'm a little jealous."

She pulled away. "A little?"

His face cracked a smile. "Yeah, just a little bit."

"You accused me of sleeping with him." Eunhye could not help the sulkiness that came with her sentence. "Do you even know how disgusting that suggestion is?"

Wonwoo sighed. There was no way he was going to win any argument with her and so he just kissed her forehead instead, glad that she did not stay away from him after what he did.

"I figured you didn't want to speak to me again so I stayed away," he explained. "What I did was unforgiveable so I couldn't even dare to say sorry. But now you're here and you think I was mad at you?"

"I know right," she muttered, settling herself in his arms. Now all the drama seemed stupid. The old her would never have forgiven him and stayed away. Why was it that she could not stand a day without him? "I guess you're just not rid of me yet."

***'

Eunhye thought she could leave everything in Mingyu's hands when it came to their kitchen, but it seemed that the guy had been to busy to get the groceries. Wonwoo was not the kind to really mind about that, either. He would just order food in or buy his groceries online as soon as he needed them. The only thing that was left in their fridge was a container of kimchi and a couple of eggs. She checked on the rice cooker and there was still some enough left for two people, so she made up her mind.

She started on the onions and kimchi, preparing them for a kimchi bokkumbap. That had been one of her comfort food, and it turned out to be Wonwoo's, too. No surprise there, because ever since day one, their taste buds matched. While she cooked, he sat on the table, watching her and waiting for the food.

"What's that smirk for?" she asked when she saw the silly smile on his face.

"You look so... domestic," Wonwoo said, gesturing at her, standing in front of the stove, frying the rice along with the kimchi. "I remembered thinking that at that time when we went to that MT with your friends. For sure, I won't be hungry in the future."

Blood rushed to her cheeks at what he was implying so she just went on what she was doing. After the rice was done, she also fried some eggs. Not wanting to do so much dishes, she just placed the pan on the table, topping it with the eggs, for the two of them to share. She, too, did not have much appetite until now.

"Ah, I brought you pizza the other night."

"I know. I ate all of it already."

Wonwoo blinked at her. "The whole box?" When she nodded, he laughed to himself and fumbled with his phone a little. "I ordered the 12-inch so we could share it."

She was bluffing, of course. She just ate one slice which was why she cooked enough bokkumbap for two people. Sitting right across from Wonwoo on their dining table, she got her own spoon and waited for Wonwoo to take the first bite. This was the first time she would be cooking for him, and although she liked doing it, she usually cooked for her own taste.

He took one spoonful, eyes glued to the table. Wonwoo then cocked his head to one side as if trying to think of what to say, before meeting Eunhye's eyes.

"How is it?" she asked, unable to contain herself. She forgot to taste it first before serving. "Is it that bad?"

"You know I'm a very simple person, right?"

She did not know where he was going with that but she just nodded, just so he would get to his point. As if knowing she was waiting for his answer, Wonwoo just took another spoonful and chewed on it thoughtfully. "So? Don't tell me that's your favorite food, because I call dibs."

His eyes grew wide. "I thought your favorite food's cream pasta."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter