Chapter 51: Free

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo let Eunhye inside their apartment when she got there. Wonwoo was not reading her texts and all calls she tried routed to voicemail. She asked Chanyeol if Wonwoo was with him in the gym and he said he was just with Jihoon, Wonwoo's housemate, but not Wonwoo.

"He's in Seungcheol's room," Jisoo told her, pointing to the direction of the short hallway leading to the bedrooms. 

She did not need him to tell her, though. The two guys could be heard as they talked trash against each other while playing a video game. It had been a while since she saw Wonwoo play.

"Thanks, Jisoo," she said with a smile. She handed him the plastic bag of snacks she brought with her. "You can share this with everyone."

"Wow," he beamed. "Thanks, Noona. Oh, is it okay for me to call you that? Isn't that something special between you and Wonwoo?"

She snorted. "Yeah. Wonwoo barely calls me that, anyway."

Eunhye knocked lightly on the door to Seungcheol's room before opening it. The two boys did not even spare her a look when she let herself in. She quietly walked over to Wonwoo and kissed the top of his head before sitting on the edge of the bed to watch them play.

"Oh, you came?" he asked, glancing at her. He felt his chest tighten at the amount of affection he was already receiving from her and she just arrived.

"Hello, Noona," Seungcheol greeted without looking at her.

"You're rusty," Eunhye told Wonwoo, watching him lose.

"You should have called," Wonwoo said. If she did, he would have at least prepared his heart. He had been having trouble beating Seungcheol since it had been a while since he played Overwatch but now he was just plain distracted.

"I did. It goes to voicemail." She spied his phone lying face down on the desk. She looked at it and found that it was off, just as she suspected. She tried turning it on but it seemed that the battery was dead. "What's a charger for if you don't use it?"

"I didn't realize it was dead."

"Watch out!" she warned.

Seungcheol cackled in laughter when he killed Wonwoo's Hero. "HA HA!"

"You made me come all the way here to watch you lose?" she mocked, clucking her tongue. She got up and leaned over so she could whisper a strategy against his ear. He turned to her and kissed her lips, surprising her. He was not the one to show too much affection when they were among his friends. "I-I'll sit here and watch."

Eunhye had been worried that Wonwoo was sulking again after the previous night. Seeing him smile while playing a video game relieved her but it did not make her less worried about what Mark told her that day.

"Did you guys have dinner yet?" she asked.

"We are still betting who'll pay for it," Wonwoo replied.

"Oh, we already know you're paying for it," Seungcheol laughed at him.

"I'm hungry," she muttered. She did not eat the carbonara that was served to her even though it was her favorite. "I want jjajangmyeon."

"That's what Wonwoo said," Seungcheol commented. He glanced at Eunhye with his mouth open. "Mingyu said you, two, think alike. It's weird to see it in person."

"You're exaggerating things," Wonwoo said but he was smiling. He did the strategy Eunhye suggested and he killed Seungcheol's character. "Assa!"

"Argh!" Seungcheol complained. "Stop coaching him, Noona!"

She chuckled as she got up and put her hands on Wonwoo's shoulder. "I'll pay for the food but beat Cheol's ."

"What?" Wonwoo asked, turning to her. "Why are you paying?"

"I'm hungry," she answered, kissing his forhead. "I'll be back. Also, we need to talk about something."

He pouted. "You're hitting my pride by paying for the food."

"You'll hit mine by losing." She pointed to the screen. "Win."

She knocked on Jisoo's room but found it empty. It was neatly arranged but no one was there. She knocked on Seokmin's room next, which flew open. She found Seokmin in front of his computer and Jisoo nagging at him about something. Apparently, Seokmin was shopping online and Jisoo was telling him he already have something similar.

"Oh, hi, Noona," Seokmin greeted, smiling at her brightly. "I didn't know you were here."

"Noona, come here," Jisoo said. "Tell him he already has one of these."

She let herself in. She had been over their apartment unit multiple times and the guys had been nothing but nice to her. It was easy to get close to them, especially Seokmin, who brought out the Noona in her. Jisoo got up and took two similar striped shirts from Seokmin's closet.

"Look at these," Jisoo said, proving his point. "He already has two of the same shirt but he wants to buy another one."

"It's not the same!" Seokmin argued. "The stripes on that one is black, this one's green. The one I'm gonna buy is blue-striped. Besides, the design isn't the same and it has a different collar."

Eunhye shook her head. "They look the same to me," she admitted.

"See?" Jisoo said, smacking Seokmin's arm. "I told you. Stop wasting your money on that."

"I'd still buy that, though," Eunhye said after taking a closer look at the photo. She, herself, bought most of her clothes online. "I have a voucher for that store, by the way. I think it's thirty percent off or something."

"Really?!"

Jisoo groaned. "Noona, don't encourage him."

She could only laugh at the two of them. "I'm ordering jjajangmyeon. You guys want some? Did you have dinner yet?"

"I thought Wonwoo or Seungcheol is paying?" Jisoo said.

She shrugged. "I got paid today," she said. It was true. "I'm feeling like buying. There's no one in my apartment so I went here."

"I hope no one comes home to your apartment ever again, Noona," Seokmin said and the three of them laughed.

They ordered the food, which was a lot. Eunhye almost regretted offering to buy for them but then she was thankful that Mingyu and Jihoon were not there because they eat the most. Aside from the jjajangmyeon, they also ordered sweet and sour pork, jjapchae and bulgogi. The two guys who were supposed to bet for dinner bought two boxes of fried chicken instead.

"Noona, you should live here," Seokmin said after putting in a slice of pork in his mouth. "I'll give my room up for you."

"Give your room to me and I'll make her come here every day," Wonwoo said.

"Gross," Seungcheol complained, hitting the back of Wonwoo's head. "We're eating."

It took a moment for Wonwoo to get what his hyung was saying and he bit his lips together to stop himself from laughing. "I didn't mean it that way, hyung!" he argued. He leaned closer to Seungcheol. "But I can do that, too."

It was Eunhye who hit the back of his head this time. "Stop it."

Wonwoo looked at her with an innocent look. He wiped the side of her lips and his finger clean of jjajang sauce. "Are you sleeping over? It's kinda late now."

She shook her head. "I just wanted to see you so I came. I'll go home after dinner."

Jisoo put a hand over Seokmin's shoulder. "I just wanted to see you," he said to him the same way Eunhye did to Wonwoo. Lately, Seokmin had been complaining that he came over too often. "That's why I keep coming over to your room. I can't stand a day without seeing you. You're the love of my life. You are my des--"

Seokmin shoved a slice of pork in Jisoo's mouth to keep his hyung from talking. Eunhye could only laugh at them. They were so fun to be with that she found it easy to get along with them despite the age difference. 

After dinner and a round of beer to finish the chicken off, Wonwoo was walking her home. Knowing she wanted to talk, Wonwoo took a detour, going to the park instead of their usual route. The long walk was quiet but none of them wanted to break the comfortable silence first. When they got to the park, Wonwoo led her to a bench on a part where only a handful of people were about.

Eunhye did not want to argue. She held Wonwoo's hand on both of hers and rested her head on his shoulder, thankful for the height difference, not for the first time.

"What did you want to talk about?" he said after a few minutes. "Is this about the withdrawal appli--"

"I met with him."

Wonwoo closed his mouth. "You met with..."

She nodded. "He asked me to dinner. I went."

Wonwoo let her hand go and ran both his hands through his hair. "Why would you do that?! What if he did something to you again?"

"I didn't eat anything," she told him. He did not need to know that Junki threatened her. "He wanted to talk. And seriously, I needed it,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter