Chapter 52: Common Things List

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhye checked her email one last time to make sure she did not forget any tasks. She also took a peek at her checklist which was almost empty. Sure that she was done with everything, she stretched her fingers and clicked on a Video Game.

A huge thing growing out of her bed groaned loudly in protest when the familiar music for the game started.

"I didn't come here to watch you play a game all night," Wonwoo pouted.

"It's 9:30 and it's a Saturday night," she said. "I don't usually go to sleep until 2AM. You invited yourself here, so don't start."

Wonwoo sighed. Lately, he kept missing her even though they saw each other every day. It irked him that Eunhye did not seem to feel the same way. He was beginning to think she was slowly becoming to the same girl she was before they became official. She ignored him and bit her lower lip as she replied to someone's chat on her computer. Wonwoo remained lying on his side on her bed, watching her. After a few more minutes he hoped she would pay him some attention. However, she just set her hands on the mouse and the keyboard and got ready to play a game. Finally giving up, Wonwoo pulled his phone out and scanned through the current trending news to keep himself updated. After that, he watched some videos of anything that seemed to be interesting.

"Do you wanna go watch a movie tomorrow?" he asked randomly as he checked the movies currently out in the cinemas. After a few seconds of silence, he remembered that Eunhye stopped watching movies in the big screen ever since she caught her ex with another girl. He knew she was prone to trauma and she usually avoided places that where she had bad memories so there was no way she would go to the movies any time soon. He was about to change the topic but then she answered.

"What's showing?"

Wonwoo waved the topic off before he could check it. "Nothing good. Never mind."

"Can you check if The Mummy is out now? I can't really open a different tab right n--Ahw man! Why did you have to waste mana on that?!"

He got up and went to stand behind her, curious about her game, also because he was not sure he heard her right. He watched her for a couple more minutes, letting her concentrate (or she would at him again), before asking her again.

"Did you say The Mummy?" he asked and she nodded. He checked the site. "Yeah, it's showing on ***** Mall, uh, 2:30 PM tomorrow."

"Perfect, we can have lunch first before the movie," she said as if it was nothing. Wonwoo could only stare at her as she expertly played in her game. "Oh, no, I forgot to feed Flash. Wonwoo, can you get that blue box on the top shelf?"

He did as told, taking a opaque blue box on top of a shelf for her manhwas. He noticed there were a lot of tiny holes on the lid. He was about to open it to check what was inside but she warned him to wait for her to finish. When she was done regrouping on her game, she instructed him to get a tweezer from under the computer desk drawer. After that, she told Wonwoo to slide the lid of the box enough to fit the tweezer in.

"Just grab one," she said.

"One what?"

She rolled her eyes and got up. "Can you play this insead? I'll do that."

Wonwoo was actually slightly getting frustrated because he was not understanding what she was telling him to do and gladly took the easier task. He did not really have to do anything because she already have the necessary items and the enemy team were still recovering from her ambush.

He watched her out of the corner of his eye and saw her take out a small cricket out of the box she made him get. An insect was the last thing he had in mind that was inside that box she made him get. She then stood behind him to get to a terrarium that was on the top shelf of the computer desk. So "Flash" was the new Red Rump Tarantula she recently acquired, probably from the black market. He did not know she already got her second tarantula.

"So that's why you transferred this atop your bedside drawer," Wonwoo muttered, pointing to the Brazilian Black on another terrarium. He found it fascinating but it sort of creeped him out whenever he lied down. It felt as if it was warning him not to have dirty thoughts about his own girlfriend. "What's his name again?"

"It's a she," Eunhye said, dropping the live cricket on Flash and closing the lid. "And her name is Canary."

"You named a spider after a bird?"

"No, after the Black Canary," she said, taking another cricket from the box and doing the same thing on the other terrarium. "From the DC Universe."

"Why not Black Widow?"

She gave him a sharp look. "Black Widow is from the Marvel Universe."

Wonwoo was about to say something but closed his mouth. On the screen, it showed the game ended and it was her team's victory. The number 56 showed on the lower right corner of the screen. It seemed like she had not lost a game even after he played it the last time.

"Why would I name a tarantula after a different spider species?" she said, putting the box back on the top shelf. "It will be an insult."

"So you decided to name it after a totally different species?"

Eunhye brushed her hands together and flicked Wonwoo's ear for being a smartmouth. He protested but grabbed her wrist and pulled her to him, making her sit on his lap. Her eyes fell on his lips but she kept her distance.

"Yes?" she asked in a tone she would use on him when they were in tech lab.

"You're okay with going to movies now?" he asked.

"Why wouldn't I be?" She looked confused.

Wonwoo pursed his lips for a second. "Didn't you stop going to the movies ever since you found... you know?"

"Mark and Sana?" she said, sounding as if what she was talking about did not directly involve her emotionally. "I watched a couple of movies alone, and one with Zico after that. I only stopped going to the movies during winter break because I feared he might be there."

His mouth fell open. "You watched a movie with Zico-hyung? Just the two of you?"

"There it is again," she complained. "Yes, I did like we've been doing since middle school. If you ask him, he'll tell you he hasn't seen a movie in six years with a girl. Wonwoo, don't worry about my friends at all. Okay?"

"Which movie was it?"

"Logan." She heard him snort. "Don't laugh at me. I need to watch all movies about mutants and metahumans in preparation for my future game, okay? I needed the inspiration. And I was trying to compare something at the time, I had to do an experiment."

His eyes narrowed. "Experiment?"

Eunhye nodded, avoiding his eyes and instead turned her attention to his exposed collarbone. "There was this particular someone who had been hanging out occassionally with me at the time. I was trying to compare the feeling after I ended the day spending time with my usual male friends, to see if it was different with ending the day with that other person."

Wonwoo tried to remember the times when that movie was out. He was sure that was around the time he had been spending most of his time wondering about this certain girl on his lap, and how he would get her to like him. "Just when school started?"

"Probably." She yawned and started to get up. "I'm tired. Can we go to sleep?"

"It's not even 11 PM. You said you sleep around 2 AM on Saturday nights?"

She chuckled, knowing she did say that. "For some reason, I always get sleepy when you're in my room."

Wonwoo laughed. "No, you just want to cuddle."

Eunhye scrunched her nose--a habit she developed ever since she met Wonwoo. "Maybe. If you don't want to, it's fine." She gestured to the computer. "You can play if you want. I'll just watch."

He shook his head and went under the covers beside her, putting an arm around her so she could use his shoulder as her pillow. She closed her eyes and snuggled closer. Wonwoo was not sleepy yet so he just her hair slowly, staring at the ceiling. He thought she was sleeping but then she looked up at him.

"You were right," she said. "I stopped going to the movies after catching Mark. I tried watching alone, but both times I ended up leaving before I could even make sense of what was happening with the scenes. That time with Zico, he insisted I come with him so I could get over the trauma."

"Did it work? Watching with him?"

She shook her head. "Not really," she admitted. "But I wasn't that affected because I was too distracted about something else."

Wonwoo's eyebrows creased. He wondered if there was something going on with Zico. "Distracted, huh?" He looked at her and she was biting her lip, trying not to smile. "What was it?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter