Chapter 35: Wrong Swimwear

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu was watching an episode of a variety show that he missed the other week on his phone when Wonwoo entered the room looking like he was ready to fight a bull head on. Their room did not have a bed so three matresses were laid out, and Wonwoo lied down to the one next to Mingyu's. He did not seem to like how the pillow felt because he sat right up and punched it a few times before adjusting it to his liking. He pulled out his phone, pouting. A gamer he was following was livestreaming so Wonwoo clicked on it, the volume from his phone overlapping the video on Mingyu's. Without getting up, Mingyu reached inside his bag that was by the top of his mattress ad pulled out his earphones.

Fifteen minutes to the video, Wonwoo turned to Mingyu looking like he had something to say. He decided against it and went back to watching. A couple of minutes later, he did the same thing.

Mingyu pulled out one of the earphones. "Talk, hyung."

"Are they always like that?" Wonwoo began.

"Who?" Mingyu put the video he was watching on pause and turned his full attention to Wonwoo. It would usually be Mingyu asking Wonwoo's opinion about stuff and not the other way round, so when his hyung asked something, Mingyu paid attention.

"Eunhye and Chanyeol-sunbae."

"I knew you would ask that eventually," Mingyu said, not even commenting that it was only Chanyeol he called with honorifics. "I don't really know that much about the two of them. It's not like Chanyeol hyung hangs out with us a lot. But the two of them are really close."

"Huh. No kidding."

"If I'm not mistaken, I think they go way back when they were kids," MIngyu said. "I think their older siblings used to date or something. Their parents are friends with each other. I told you Noona's grandmother was our neighbor, right? She always came during the holidays and I think I remember Chanyeol hyung's family visiting over."

"So they're childhood friends, okay. Did they date?"

Mingyu thought hard. He knew Wonwoo was a jealous person but he rarely showed it, let alone talk about it. Well, it was not all the time that he showed interest in any girls either. His hyung usually kept to his books and games. Mingyu thought their attempt at getting him and Eunhye together failed, but it seemed like his hyung was finally showing signs of being an actual human being.

"Not that I know of," he said finally. "But, I knew Mark-hyung and Noona used to fight about him."

Wonwoo did not really blame the guy if that was true. He would hate to admit it but the two had chemistry together, like being with each other was the most natural thing which was why he was bothered. Wonwoo had always been bothered by it, ever since that MT before the actual classes started that semester.

"There was this one time," Mingyu was still talking and Wonwoo turned his attention back to him. "I didn't mean to, but I overheard Noona and Mark-hyung back when they were together." 

Wonwoo's face turned even more sour, if that was possible, that Mingyu hesitated to go on. But Wonwoo gestured for him to finish his story. "That was when Chanyeol-hyung's family went to Singapore for like four days, and it turned out that Noona went with them, and Mark-hyung didn't know. But then he found out on SNS that they were together for four days and three nights and it was a fight. I think I kept listening in because I was afraid he was gonna hit her."

"What?!"

Mingyu panicked when Wonwoo bolted upright, and he sat up, too. "No, no. He didn't hit her. Man, the guy would probably give his car to her if she asked for it. But when he was mad, I noticed he liked punching stuff."

"Yeah," Wonwoo agreed. He had once been on the receiving end of that punch.

"And then he kind of like, made her choose between him and Chanyeol-hyung."

For some reason, Wonwoo could see that happening, too. However, he did not think Eunhye like ultimatums so he was curious how that scenario turned out. It could also give him a hint on what to do about their current situation. 

"So, what happened after that?"

The younger guy suddenly chuckled. "She went like, 'The two of you should just date each other,' and walked out. Well, the three of them hang out the day after that so it was obvious who won the arguement."

That surprised Wonwoo. He thought Eunhye always gave in to Mark when they were together. Not that he actually asked. Even though Eunhye seemed to like having control, she was actually easily swayed, given the right amount of pressure or logic.

"There's actually another guy, aside from Chanyeol-hyung who's as close to her--"

"Zico-hyung? Yeah, he's another one." 

"Yeah, him. They used to be like, the Three Musketeers. But I don't know." Mingyu took a deep breath and patted Wonwoo. "Well, if you're really planning on pursuing Eunhye-noona, you should be ready for all the male friends. If you hadn't noticed yet, she's one of the boys. Just like Hani. And if you're like, really lucky and she said yes, I'm sure you'll meet a few more of her male friends who are like that with her."

Wonwoo's phone beeped as the battery went low. He took the charger out of the side pocket of his bag. When he did, two square foil packets fell out.

"Whoa," Mingyu exclaimed, picking them up. "So you came prepared, huh?"

Wonwoo did not even give the packets a second look. "You can have that. Seungcheol-hyung gave it to me."

Mingyu chewed on his tongue, thinking for a moment but handed it back to him. "I brought mine."

Wonwoo pushed his hand away. "I don't need that."

"Okay."


*********


The errand Sunmi and Seulgi went to was actually to get a console for karaoke. A happy Park Chanyeol installed it, earning an impressed look from Seulgi's sunbae, Irene. Eunhye itched to tidy the cords together, wanting to install it herself, but she let him be. She was too busy secretly inching her way towards Wonwoo.

They all settled on the long table, Eunhye taking the corner seat as usual. Wonwoo quietly sat beside her and dragged Mingyu to sit on his other side. Having changed into comfortable clothes, Eunhye easily lifted her legs and sat Indian style on the chair underneath the table. When she checked her phone, she made a yelp.

"Castlehouse went live?! An hour ago? I can't believe I missed that."

It was the thing that first got her and Wonwoo together the last time the team went live. She could still remember how he was impressed when she told him she knew Ahn Jaehyo, who was a member of the pro team, Castlehouse. She pressed Play and ignored Chanyeol who told her to take the buddae jiggae they cooked out of the pot.

"Wonwoo-hyung was watching that earlier," Mingyu muttered, recognizing it. "Was that it?"

"Yep," Wonwoo said.

Eunhye lightly smacked Wonwoo's upper arm accusingly. That was a casual friendly gesture, right?

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"You were busy."

"Did you make all of these?" Irene asked, seeing the food that were being placed on the table. There was the buddae jiggae, bibimyeon and that sausage dish Chanyeol invented, aside from six different side dishes.

"I had a bit of help," Chanyeol said. He expected Eunhye to make a protest that she did most of the work but she was too hooked on her phone screen to even touch her food.

"Dude, that move," she was muttering, tugging on Wonwoo's sleeve. "I've been trying to perfect that for months!"

Wonwoo, however, gave her screen a look for one second, and then he turned back to Mingyu. They were talking about what they would do later that afternoon.

"It's still a bit warm outside," Mingyu was saying. "I was thinking about going for a swim. Can we?" He threw the question at the landlord.

Seulgi nodded. "We had both pools cleaned, so it'll  be fine."

Wonwoo scoffed. He was not really the type who enjoyed the waters especially if it was cold. "Nah, I didn't bring my rash guard with me."

"Ya, are you going to eat or not?" Chanyeol asked Eunhye, seeing her plat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter