Chapter 36: Drinking Games

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was starting to get dark when Eunhye joined them by the pool. She sat behind Sunmi who was already covered in a robe, and wrapped her arms around her friend's waist.

"Are you okay?" Sunmi asked. Eunhye was not usually the skinship type with her and Hani unless something was wrong. She touched Eunhye's cheek, worried that she got sick. "What's wrong?"

"I feel like I'm doing everything wrong," she said in a small voice. She had not told Sunmi about Wonwoo yet, and she already missed the timing. For the meantime, Eunhye just needed the skinship.

"What did Chanyeol do now?"

"It's not him," she said with a sigh. Her friend was just being the same as usual. The only difference was that now she felt conscious about every single interaction she had with him because her boyfriend was there. 

She was not like that when she was dating Mark. It actually pissed her off every time Mark would comment about her relationship with her childhood friends. Chanyeol was even more of a brother to her than Yunho ever was. If she thought about it, she might actually have forced into Mark to accept that Yeol would always be there. She did not want to compromise a friendship that she treasured just because she was in a romantic relationship. 

Sunmi turned to her, now both hands on Eunhye's face. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Eunhye put her lips together in a pout, thinking. "Nah, just enjoy the vacation for now." She should not dump her problems on other people just so she could feel better. If there was anyone she should talk to, it was Wonwoo, who was busy opening a can of beer for Seulgi.

"Why don't we move to the house?" Hani suggested. She seemed to be jealous of Eunhye and Sunmi's skinship because she left Mingyu's side and hugged Eunhye. "It's kind of starting to get cold."

Chanyeol was shaking his head at them. "See what I mean?" he said, nudging Wonwoo. "Who knows what they do in that apartment when it's just them?"

Irene got up and dusted off her shorts. "Well it's almost dinner time, so maybe we should prepare for that now." She reached her hand out to Seulgi, who immediately got up and linked her arms with the older girl. The others followed suit and went inside.

"Noona," Mingyu called.

Both Hani and Eunhye turned, and the maknae of the group let out a laugh. "Sorry. Eunhye-noona. Can you help me cook, too?"

She turned to Hani, as if asking for permission.

"What?" Hani asked. "Seriously? I don't want to cook today, it's my vacation."

"I'll help, too," Irene volunteered. "I was thinking of making a rice-dumpling soup."

Chanyeol dragged Wonwoo with him, the two of them talking about the latest version of Grand Theft Auto. Eunhye almost joined them since she was not really needed in the kitchen, but when her eyes met Wonwoo's sharp ones, she backed down.

Eunhye was meticulously washing the pots that they would be using when Mingyu decided to ask her something he had been meaning to for a long time now. This was actually why he asked her to help him cook. He could do all the cooking himself with no sweat but he just needed to ask her. While Irene was busy mixing the filling for the dumplings, he approaced Eunhye by the sink.

"Noona," he started. "What do you think about Wonwoo-hyung?"

Her face turned sour. She was actually taking close look at every detail of every utensil, trying not to think about Wonwoo, and here was Mingyu, making her fail. "What about Wonwoo?"

"You two spend a lot of time together lately, I was thinking... you know."

She patted his arm that seemed to be bigger than the last time she saw him. "Don't think. And no, I don't think about your Wonwoo-hyung." She rinsed the last bowl. "Come to think of it, I don't want to cook twice in one day. I have an event to play, so..." She dried her hands on his shirt. "Happy cooking."

Her phone, which she left with Sunmi, actually let out an alarm when she joined them in the living room. Wonwoo, who sat closest to it, absentmindedly picked it up from the table and handed it to her like it was the most natural thing. Well, it was, but only when it was just the two of them, and when he was not giving her the silent treatment.

"Thanks," she said, sitting on the other couch next to Hani instead of beside him.

"Are you fighting?" Hani mouthed when Eunhye lied down on her lap. There was too much skinship from her that day.

Eunhye shrugged. She had not even told Hani she decided to date Wonwoo, but her mood must have been very obvious to those she lived with. She kept her attention on the game she was playing. It was always the best thing to keep her mind off things.

"Wow, Eonni," she heard Seulgi. "You still play mobile games?"

"She's planning on making that her lifetime commitment," Sunmi said. "She doesn't even have the time to date. She's going to marry her video games soon."

"What about Mark?" Seulgi asked. "Why didn't you bring him like the last time?"

"Don't even mention his name," Hani protested, only making Seulgi more curious. "That guy was a lying, cheating b--"

"It was Sana that made a move on him," Eunhye cut Hani off. "He already explained."

Hani rolled her eyes. "And you believed him?"

"So you broke up?" Seulgi asked her. "Ahw. I thought you two looked good together. That time we went to Jeju, it was like the two of you were in your own world. Especially that time you went paragliding. I've never seen you that happy."

Even though Eunhye was a homebody, she was actually an adrenalin junkie. Mark, who grew up in America, also was the same. When they were not gaming together, they went to weekend trips where they would challenge themselves, just like the memory Seulgi brought up.

"Some things just don't work out in the end," Eunhye said. "We broke up months ago. Even if he did not go out with the girl, it did not feel the same ever since I got back."

"Well, are you seeing someone new? Did you meet anyone in Japan?" Seulgi's eyes turned to the two males in the room. She lowered her voice. "Or is it Wonwoo?"

Eunhye's own saliva got stuck in her windpipe and she coughed. She got up, catching her breath. "No," she said after clearing . Her chest did not go back to normal, though.

Irene showed up in the living room. "It's ready, guys."

They all started to get up except for Eunhye who was massaging her chest. With just one wrong gulp, her chest tightened and she found it hard to breathe.

"Did you bring your inhaler?" Chanyeol asked, noticing her having an asthma attack. "I still have your spare one in my bag."

She breathed in and out through her nose once before answering him. "Yeah, I did."

"Is it bad?"

She shook her head. "I'll join you guys later." Eunhye headed for the bedroom to get her inhaler from her bag before her breathing started to get uneven again.

"Are you okay?"

Wonwoo was standing by the door.

She fished the inhaler out of her bag and breathed on it once and put it back in. She quickly got up and went to him, stopping by the door, too. Eunhye looked up at him, trying to read the expression on his face so she would know what to say without messing things up more than they seem to be. Finally being able to breathe properly again, she just nodded, not trusting her words.

He pursed his lips together as if thinking about something, the placed a hand on the top of her head. It stayed there for about three seconds, before he put it back in his pocket. "Let's go. Your friends are waiting."

Eunhye wante

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter