Chapter 6: MT

Good To Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We should have taken your car," Eunhye muttered, looking at the bus with trepidation. 

They were going on a 2-days-1-night trip with all the students in their department. Theirs was a small one so they could fit in three mini-buses. In the small population of the Computer Science department, the post graduates who were spending their sixth year in the school, were just six people. They were assigned to the bus along with the seniors. 

"We can't really be called students anymore."

"It's a four hour drive," Chanyeol said and put an arm over her shoulder and dragged her along with him to the bus. "I can't drive long and take care of the activities."

"Why did you have to volunteer?" she complained. "You could have had Lee Minhyuk just take over. You just want the attention so you could get dibs on the girls in the first years." Lee Minhyuk was one of the graduating class that year, who was the most active in events like these, just like her friend.

Chanyeol leaned closer at the mention of the first years. "I saw them already. I found a couple of them for you."

Eunhye poked his temple, pushing his face away from hers as she saw a familiar guy pass by them and get on the bus. Mark Tuan glanced at them and frowned. This would be the first time she would see Mark in over a month since they broke up. Well, the first time she showed her face, really. Whenever he asked to meet up, or stayed outside of her apartment building, she did not go. Sighing, she let her friend pull her with him to the minibus.

"Hi, Sunbaenims," Lee Jooheon, one of the younger students greeted, standing up and giving Chanyeol a one-arm hug.

Eunhye spied Lee Hyeri, one of her female hoobaes*, sitting near the end of the bus. She waved at Hyeri, securing the seat beside her. She usually avoided the end of the bus because she did not like how it shook too much but most of the seats were taken and she did not have that much of a choice. On her way there, her eyes fell on Mark. The seat beside him was empty except for his bag. She saw him take the bag and place it on his lap and she almost took the seat at the silent offer. She felt a hand squeeze her shoulder, though, as Chanyeol pushed her further inside the car. [A/N: hoobae - lowerclassmen]

"Zico saved us seats," he said a bit loudly.

Another classmate of Eunhye's waved at her. Woo Zico sat at the very last row, pointing to the seat next to him. Eunhye walked right past Mark and said a quick hello to Hyeri before sitting right where her friend wanted her to. She was forced to sit between Zico and Chanyeol, both talking loudly about a game they played the previous night.

Eunhye probably would have joined the conversation if her mood had not been brought down by that slight encounter with Mark. Just a fraction of a second that their eyes met and her day was ruined. She knew he would be there, and she thought she was ready but apparently, the wound was still fresh. She slouched in her seat, plugging in her earphones and turning the volume up and pretended to disappear from the earth.

There was a perk to sitting next to tall male friends. She could lean on either side and find a shoulder as her pillow. When they stopped at a rest area, she did not have to move. She just asked Zico to get her something and he came back with Coke Zero and a cheeseburger. In four hours, they were at the venue that was assigned to them.

Eunhye was making her way out of the bus like the rest of them, when she saw Mark get up the moment she was near their row. He almost got out of his seat but saw her coming so he stepped back and let her through first. When she was past him, he followed right behind her. She did not have to turn to look at him. She could picture him chewing on his tongue with that bored look on his face, baseball cap low on his head, covering his eyes.

She felt him poke her on the shoulder as she was getting off the bus. She turned and he handed her a portable charger. She recognized it as the one she lent him before she left for Japan.

"It's fully charged," he said.

She stared at it for a second before answering. "You can keep it."

Eunhye walked ahead, finding Lee Hyeri again who was assigned to the same room with her. Chanyeol passed by her, whisperring a quick, "Good job," before finding his own roommates for the night. 

After settling their things in their rooms, the students gathered at the gym, where their department were designated to meet. The moment Eunhye stepped into the hall, her eyes fell on the second year students. She easily found Minatozaki Sana, who was talking animatedly to one of her classmates. Eunhye saw her for just one time but she never forget a face, especially if it was that scenario. She watched Sana's eyes drift to the group of students who entered the room at the same time as her, and knew who she was looking for.

As soon as all of the students were there, Chanyeol and Lee Minhyuk took the place in front of everyone and started the introductions right away. 

Eunhye's phone vibrated on her phone as a silent alarm went off, and Lee Wonho, a classmate who was sitting beside her, looked at her with accusing eyes. They were not supposed to bring their phones with them. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter