“Time to Love” By: Nithya.

|Rainy Day Cafe Review Shop & Blog | St-renaissance| NOT ACCEPTING !!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Time to Love”

By: Nithya.

 

Reviewer: St-renaissance.

 

 

1-Title: “Time to Love” sounds like an interesting title, I wouldn’t say it’s original or creative. Webster’s lists of most used vocabulary in literary titles are Love, War, Chance, and several pronouns. It entails an emotional progression, personal development and whatnot. This means that there’s a lot of pressure relying on the characters’ shoulders to deliver the title justice.

 

Rating: [9/10].

 

2-Description: The description is fairly simple and short, that’s not bad but it could use some suspense or interesting elements because it’s sounds plain and that’s it. A description should cover the characters, the settings, the motives and sometimes, the . There are several grammatical and syntactic issues within the description; perhaps re-editing it would be advantageous.

 

Rating: [8/10].

 

3-Plot: The beginning is not bad, moderate at pace yet complex in initiation. It’s a bit confusing because the beginning lacks any basic foundation which asserts an image in the reader’s minds. Elements such as settings, background information or introductory soliloquies can help manage the reader’s expectations and can also assist in developing a basic understanding of the general concept of the plot. It can be really simple and brief, just a little something to gain your reader’s comprehension, you can gain their attention later during the exposition and . This story is all over the place when it comes to characters, there are no main characters and no minor ones either. They all walk around in groups, talk in groups and operate in groups. Building your characters under such philosophy produces your characterization as an error belonging to the ‘Character Cluster’ family where individuality is lacking.

Each chapter must have a purpose, it must entail either a psychological pattern of the main character or somehow begins with the building of the rising action, either way, it must have a purpose. I could’ve skipped the second chapter and I wouldn’t have missed anything. It’s boring and carries no purpose, this main character, Sarah, carries the essence of the plot upon her shoulders so the second chapter shouldn’t have been as pointless. Also, the title has the word ‘love’ in it but we haven’t been introduced to the character of Sarah as a romantic type, she’s emotionless and doesn’t talk enough about this project which is basically the entire plot of the story. If you do plan on re-editing your story, make sure that the plot and storyline aren’t lost between narratives and this is one of the many issues within this story, you’re in charge of so many characters but the narrative (POV) can collectively be divided into two storylines: The men’s in the first chapter and the women’s in the second chapter yet you’re not sure as to how connect the storylines together without diving into another chapter. You’re using the third-person narrative which makes it so much easier for you to lead several storylines (yes, even more than two) without it appearing messy and incomplete. What you need to do is either eliminate unnecessary characters and focus on the main ones, or eliminate filler scenes by calculating how certain events can eventually affect the character development and . If it’s not important, don’t bother with it.

If you’re interested in nailing down every detail realistically, you must understand the nature employed in every scene, for example, as a citizen, you don’t have the authority to access confidential personnel files without asserting a license in either journalism or law enforcement. Though your story takes place in Korea (presumably) the law is not all that different. This little detail makes both characters appear less than intelligent and the whole situation as an excuse to introduce more useless characters with flat personalities.

There are countless grammatical errors and syntactic mistakes throughout the story for example in chapter three; it says “Confusion evident in his face” it should be “Confusion evident on his face”. The insufficient grammar work makes your characters’ discourse resemble those of children. Speech correctness is important – no, vital, and if you’re grammar usage is incompetent then you must develop it by constant practice. Please, don’t think that this is a step which you can skip; it’s destroying your story in a blink of an eye.

You’re not ready to build a character, you should practice more, and your employment of the characters’ actions VS speech isn’t sensible or realistic. When developing a character, there needs to be a psychological and an emotional pattern that makes the character’s action sensible and predictable, if the character goes off script without any premonition, it’l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter