Runaway 13: Warning

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

13 | Warning

 

 

***
 

 

The rain continues to pour but the thunder lightning is gone after an hour. The classes resumed and students are still feeling the cold weather but most of them are focused as the teacher continues to assure them that the rain will stop before their classes end.

 

Yoona who can't still get over with the black feather she saw keeps glancing to Seohyun and the outside, making sure she's safe. She doesn't want to put her guard down, sensing the danger is unpredictable.

 

Her actions weren't a missed from Seohyun. The young girl is feeling uncomfortable yet felt giddy inside, as her cheeks are flushing. Once Yoona glances at her, she will glance back too, wondering at the same time the reason she's checking on her.

 

Until when the bell rang, Yoona glances at her for the last time before she gathers her things. Seohyun on the other hand takes some time to watch the rain, that hasn't poured since it started.

 

"You guys going to the theater later?" Jungkook asks as he approached his best friend.

 

"Yes. We are." Yoona answered on behalf of Seohyun as she approached them also, flashing a friendly smile to Jungkook.

 

"I'll go ahead." Said Jungoook a bit cold, leaving the room without waiting for their response.

 

"Are we going to check on our costumes?" Sooyoung beats Seohyun from talking to the doe-eyed. 

 

"Maybe." Yoona smiled briefly.

 

"I'm excited." Sooyoung giggles and went to the board to erase the writings.

 

"Will your mother pick you?" Ask Yoona to the young Seo who just got up from her seat.

 

"I'll call her. Feels like this rain will last until tonight." Seohyun said with a brief smile. "Let's go?"

 

"Yeah, sure. After you." Yoona steps aside right away. 

 

Seohyun doesn't mind and walks ahead. Sooyoung immediately meets halfway with her and the latter hooks her arm with hers as they left their classroom together.

 

Yoona is quietly watching them from the back while at the same time looking at her back, as she continues to guard Seohyun, secretly. 

 

 

:::

 

[Backstage]

 

 

"Seohyun-ah, how do I look like?" Sooyoung is excited for her friend to see her in her outfit and immediately approaches her, wearing a queen's gown. 

 

Seohyun is agape and couldn't answer right away. Sooyoung is taller and she really suits the character as the queen. "You look... Good." She smiled brightly. 

 

"You're indeed my daughter." Said Sooyoung playfully, giggling at the same time. "You should get inside the changing room now." And she ushers her right away.

 

"Yes, the queen mother." Seohyun chuckled softly, following what others are doing. She entered the room and was met by a young teacher.

 

"You're princess Aurora, aren't you?" 

 

"Yes, Teacher Cha." She shyly replied.

 

"Let me find your outfit." The teacher left her to find it in their closet and returned to give her three costumes.

 

"I wear not only once?" Seohyun is surprised. 

 

"You're the main character either way. Try it on and tell me if it fits you well." 

 

"Yes." Without complaining, Seohyun took her outfits and walk to the side, in front of the mirror, checking herself with every dress especially the princess gown. Her cheeks are flushing to see herself as a princess. It was so beautiful with butterflies and flowers as the main design. She casually tries it on, a bit conscious because the teacher is watching behind her. Not to mention there are students on the side but they're not paying attention so it's fine. Most of them and taking their blouse off leaving them on their bras only. 

 

Just as she was about to the last button, she changes her mind and hastily button down and just try her costume without taking any off. She was satisfied as the dress fits well and she can breathe properly. 
 

"Did we get your size right?" Ask the teacher behind.

 

"Yes." Seohyun brightly smiled. 
 

"That's good to know." The teacher smiled back and left her casually.

 

Seohyun returned her attention to the mirror and realized the blush on her face. She cups her cheeks and shakes her head in the process. Her heart is beating fast as she felt nervous about her character. Everyone will be looking forward to seeing her not to mention put expectoration on her performance. 'Will I able to do this right?' She thought anxiously.

 

Her thoughts were distracted when the door opens and Yoona entered, wearing her costume as Prince Philip. She hastily turned and couldn't say a word, looking at the doe-eyed who is so charming like a real prince. "You, that's... your co-costume?"

 

"You look so beautiful, Princess Aurora." Yoona complimented as she approached her. "Sooyoung told me you're trying your costume so I went here right away." She explained as she herself couldn't believe her eyes. 
 

"T-Thanks." Seohyun blinks her eyes a couple of times as she can't make eye-contact with the doe-eyed. "So-so are you, Yoona." She said in such a low voice.

 

"They are asking us to go out now so we can do the dress rehearsal." Yoona didn't hear anything from Seohyun that she continued to inform her.

 

"Oh yeah, almost forgot." Seohyun hastily pulled her dress a little and walked out of the room. She breathed out in relief after leaving the doe-eyed.

 

Yoona just followed her outside meeting with the other students especially their teachers and began their dress rehearsal to the stage.

 

 

:::

 

 

While the first scene is taking place, Yoona finds herself in the audience seats, watching and at the same time, being alert, observing every person in the room. But she noticed Taeyeon mopping the floor near the stage which made her eyes widened. The latter finds her as well and wink at her.

 

'Did she know about the dark feather too?' Yoona wonders. But knowing she always stays by her side unknowingly, she definitely knows what she discovered earlier.

 

"Do you know her?" Seohyun's voice was heard next to her unexpectedly, startling her. 

 

"I... I thought you're on the first scene?" Yoona chuckled awkwardly.

 

"It's Maleficent, the queen, and baby Aurora first." said Seohyun. "But the rehearsal is not going smooth." she sighs as she shifted her eyes on the stage, forgetting that she caught the doe-eyed looking at the janitress.

 

"Wae?" Yoona returned her attention too.

 

"Jungkook keeps forgetting his lines." Seohyun said the obvious as Jungkook once again apologizes to the others.

 

"He's nervous, I can see it." 

 

"Yeah." sighs Seohyun, feeling bad for her best friend. The fact that he's playing the woman role is making him uncomfortable especially that other students are teasingly smiling at him. 

 

Jungkook glances at his best friend and smiles reassuringly at her and he continues with his part. 

 

"He can do it though." Yoona confidently said, smiling cheerfully. She saw the smile from Jungkook and she's glad to see it.

 

"Absolutely. Are you ready to rehearse with your part too?" Seohyun asks as she turned to smirk at the doe-eyed earning a laugh from her.

 

"I rehearsed last night." Yoona smugly said after she laughs, winking at the younger one who scoffs at her.

 

 

:::

 

 

While gathering her things from the locker, Yoona thought of the failed first love letter Jungkook sent earlier. An idea pop-up on her head and she hastily went out of the building and stopped midway when she saw Seohyun just bid farewell to Jungkook as the latter left with her parents' car. Brightly smiling she approaches her and pokes behind her.

 

"You ready to go?" Ask Seohyun as she turned with a bright smile to the doe-eyed.

 

Yoona shakes her head. "Can we go to the library first?" She suggested.

 

"Chincha? We don't have a lot of homework, do we?" Seohyun was about to ahead of her when the latter holds her hand. "What?" She got confused.

 

"The national library. Let's go there." Yoona flashes her brightest smile.

 

"Where do you guys think going?" A sudden familiar voice butted into their conversation causing them to turn their heads to see Seungri with two of his friends. 

 

"Home." Yoona instantly replied as she put Seohyun behind her.

 

"Yoona-" Seohyun tried to say something but Seungri beats her.

 

"We've been waiting for you at the tennis court. Aren't you just being rude to us?" Seungri scoffs and chuckled. 

 

"I'm just going to waste my time with you. What do you expect me to do?" Yoona sarcastically questioned.

 

"Yah, Seungri-ah, do you want to follow your friend's suspension?" Seohyun bravely asks as she steps in. Her eyes landed on the security nearby who is staring at them.

 

Seungri followed her gazes and turned to smile friendly at the security. "Fine. You win for now. Maybe later when this girl is not with you Im Yoona." He sent Seohyun the glares and turned to leave them with his friends following him.

 

Yoona let out a huge exhale of relief. "I thought he's really going to push it more."

 

"It seems he is afraid of me." Seohyun playfully replied but she definitely can tell it after he just leaves.

 

"Yeah, I shouldn't go without you then." Said Yoona as she giggles. She casually ushers Seohyun to leave the school. And they walk side by side to the bus stop.

 

"Do you know which bus to ride to go to the library?" Seohyun wonders because the doe-eyed is so confident.

 

"That's why I am bringing you with me, aren't I?" Yoona grinned and giggles causing Seohyun to chuckle.

 

"You better treat me with something." Seohyun couldn't help and wanted something in return.

 

"Sure, just name it later." Yoona instantly replied.

 

"Really? I'll start thinking of it then." As Seohyun says it they reached the bus stop and stand next to each other while they wait for the right bus to stop. "By the way, good job on the rehearsal earlier. You really prepared for it." She briefly smiled.

 

"Nah, you were better." Yoona says as a matter of fact. "I mean, you did not even stutter and forget any lines. How did you do that?" She's totally impressed by her performance earlier. It was just their first rehearsal but it was like their actual play.

 

"It was pressure for me too but I'm relieved that I was able to pull off. We are not even done yet." explained Seohyun herself. "I need to go on my remaining lines."

 

"Speaking of that... " Yoona blush and pause when she realizes what she's going to say. It makes her recall the accidental kiss and she couldn't continue anymore.

 

"Hmm?" Seohyun raises her eyebrows, wondering what's in the doe-eyed's mind.

 

"N-nothing. Let's do our best, fighting!" Yoona just shamelessly cheers on them with a pump-fist earning a giggle from Seohyun.

 

"That's the bus." And Seohyun finally saw the bus that will take them to the national library. It stopped in no time in front of them and she stepped inside before Yoona does. They got their seats easily and it was on time her phone rings. She picked it from her pocket and realized she hasn't told her mother. "Mom." she hastily answered brightly which made Yoona smile next to her.

 

[You guys at home now?]

 

"Nope, we're going to the library. We'll be a little bit late for supper." Seohyun explained to her mother on behalf of Yoona.

 

[I see. Take care you two.]

 

"No worries." said Seohyun as she smiled briefly and ended the call.

 

"Should have called her before asking you to go to the library." Yoona couldn't help and scold herself mentally.

 

"It's okay, it's not like you're kidnapping me." Seohyun playfully said and chuckles softly.

 

 

:::

 

 

While Seohyun doesn't know what to pick from every shelf, she realizes Yoona had been picking a book from the distance and from the 'love' section which makes her curious about her intention. She however couldn't ask her as she finds herself smiling and enjoying the sight of the doe-eyed, being so adorable. It ads to her admiration towards her, she can't help and feel giddy inside.

 

She keeps following wherever she goes until Yoona caught her, she randomly took a book and hide behind it. She took at least a minute before she slowly put the book down but only to jump in surprise. "Omo." upon seeing Yoona in front of her already. "You scared me!" she yelled hitting her arm.

 

"Can you help me?" ask Yoona while she's carrying books in her arms.

 

"Aish, what do you need this for?" Seohyun slowly took the other books from her. "It's not like its finals, or what?" she chuckles softly.

 

"It's for personal." Yoona reasoned and walk with her to the cashier counter.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter