The President 21: Loss

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

21 | Loss

 

 

***

 

 

"Good night." Whispers Seohyun the moment she pulled away from the kiss. She did not wait for his response as she entered right away and close the door behind her, smiling widely like she never been kissed before. She touches her lips and feels like squealing because she kissed him first on their first night as a couple. But she felt so right and she wonders how was the President at the moment? "No, no, I already closed the door." she walk to her bedroom and just scream on top of her lungs. "KYAAAAAAA!!!" Satisfied, she went to her balcony and looked down to wait for the President's figure.

 

Meanwhile, Yoong is still standing still in front of the door, still on top of the world. It was the first time she kissed him on the lips and took a good minute, longer than the last time he found himself in a Ferris wheel and they are kissing. Even though he never moves nor did she, it was lingering, cute and sweet kiss of them.

 

As he finally gained his world back, he is like still high walking to the elevator. He needed to shake his head for a couple times then touch his lips to make sure her lips are still there. He looks like a fool - fool in love.

 

He suddenly thought of something and he fetch out his phone from his suit jacket and thought for a while on what to send. But the emojis change his mind. He checks them and find it hard what to send. "Aish, this will do." He ends up sending a simple heart emoji.

 

Seohyun from the balcony suddenly jumps in surprise upon hearing the beep on her pocket. She hastily took it out and smile in giddiness as the heart emoji suddenly went straight to her heart. She didn't think twice and replied the same. But immediately returned outside to see the President just leaving the building. She followed his figure until he reached the blue house. That's when she decided to returned inside and started packing her clothes.

 

"What happened, Mister President?" Secretary Kim is still wide awake. She didn't get to see them leaving the mansion. Just realize they are no longer around when the guards told her.

 

Yoong is smiling widely. "Tell me to wake up early tomorrow." he told her while heading upstairs.

 

"Wait." Secretary Kim noticed something and she blocked him in the middle of the stairs to have a closer look on his lips. "You have lip stick." she handed him a handkerchief.

 

Yoong's eyes widened and looked at his fingers right away. Indeed, there are stains coming from the lip sticks, that brought him back to the kiss. "Thanks." he quickly took the handkerchief and animatedly runs to his room.

 

Secretary Kim is having butterflies on her stomach, feeling like she was the one who is in love. The correct term is, she's in love for the both of them. And she's so happy most especially for him. "Tell me more about its early morning!" she so loud.

 

It took at least fifteen minutes before Yoong finally get up from the bed and went to his desk and open his own laptop. As he opens a browser, he took a while to think on how will he search what's on his mind. Once he got them, he started searching.

 

'How to always make your girlfriend happy.'

 

'What do you do when you have a girlfriend.'

 

'Tips on how to manage time with your girlfriend.'

 

'How to make dukbokki.'

 

'How to make your breakfast special with your girlfriend.'

 

'What's the best restaurant in Seoul.'

 

'Best casual outfit for a date.'

 

'Emojis you should send for your girlfriend.'

 

Everything that he finds on the internet, he wrote them down on his planner, making sure he wouldn't miss a thing from all of it.

 

 

-

 

 

Seohyun grimaced the moment Secretary Kim greeted her back in the Blue House, staring towards her with an obvious tease but suspicious at the same time. "Um, Mister President... He's awake now, right?" she asks as she casually stepped inside.

 

"You don't have to ask me. You have now the right to go to his room whenever you want." Secretary Kim smiled meaningfully as she gives her a way.

 

"That's I think... not good. I'm just-"

 

"You're his girlfriend." Secretary Kim cut-off as she drops it.

 

Seohyun is flustered. "What are you saying?"

 

"Oh, come on. I can sense it, since last night the President returned from dropping you home." Secretary Kim pokes her belly playfully. "No worries, I am only the person that will know." she reassures in a whisper while teasing the young agent with her smiles.

 

"I don't know why you're like that." Seohyun's cheeks are blushing. She hurriedly went upstairs and enters the room without knocking, after learning it's unlocked. But she unexpectedly saw the President sleeping on his desk with his head on top of his arms. "Did he still work after dropping me off?" She approached him and his heart is sad to see how exhausted he is. She leans down to have a closer look of his face. 'Aigoo, my boyfriend is working hard, eh?' She thought as her heart somehow flutters to see him close and looking cute despite being exhausted. She composed herself back and looked around his desk. She sighs how messy it is. She decided to fix them while she still has some time. But she comes across with his planner that gives her curiosity.

 

"You're here." But before she can open it, she heard Yoong's soft voice.

 

"Yes. Like I told you before I return to the Headquarters." She told him and sweetly smile to the innocent young man, yawning so big while stretching his arms and then he stood up. His arms end up around her. "Good morning, Mister President." she whispers, rubbing his back gently.

 

"Good morning." Yoong whispers back. "I have a great night, Agent Seo. And I am still in cloud nine."

 

Seohyun giggles realizing they're back calling their selves with the usual names. It looks like it will take time to get used to it. "I thought we will have breakfast together?"

 

"Yes, we are." Yoong lazily replied, he's loving the warm he can feel from the young agent. And her scent, it's different that's causing him to keep his arms around her.

 

As much as Seohyun wanted to just hug the President, she can't, knowing she has a meeting in 2 hours. "I think someone needs to freshen up first." she reminded him as she gently pulled back. "Get together." She taps his cheeks a few times.

 

"Okay. Be back right away." Yoong said and let out another huge yawn. He walks to his bathroom, rubbing his hair but stopped on his tracks and turned to see his girlfriend. "It's such a great morning." He remarks and smile sweetly. He didn't wait for her response and made his way inside the bathroom.

 

"Aigoo." Seohyun shakes her head, stepping out of the room casually. Her phone beeps and when she checks, it's from KIA, telling her to come earlier than the prior call time. She decided to wait for him in the living rather than feeling comfortable in their dining room like she owns the place.

 

"Why are you here?" Secretary Kim noticed the presence of the young agent in their guest living room. "Shouldn't you be in the Dining?"

 

"Secretary Kim, I'm still working for the President. So, there's no reason for me feel at home." Seohyun reasoned.

 

"Well, you've been in and out here and the maids and butlers already know you."

 

"I know. Just giving respect to the President."

 

"Who is your boyfriend. And besides last night, you were with him in the movie theater. No one except him had been there, you know. You're the first."

 

"Well because he invited me."

 

"Last night, I also saw an evidence."

 

"Eh?"

 

Secretary Kim pointed on her lips. "He has lipstick on and that's - "

 

"Ugh, you're digusting, Miss Kim!"

 

"Hahahaha!" Secretary Kim laugh out so loud. "You're really funny Agent Seo. That's why I love you too. Anyway, let me tell you something... Please always make him feel he is loved. Because all his life, he never experienced such thing from someone. You're the first time that shows him how to be loved. And also, make him the happiest person alive because he deserves it the most."

 

"I know what do you mean, Miss Kim. You know you can trust me with that." Seohyun softly says. "Yoong may not be my first love. But I'll make sure he will be my last." She reassures her firmly.

 

"God bless you both."

 

"Are you also dating, Miss Kim?" Seohyun is flattered and she turns the table.

 

"Of course, I do. But he's working overseas."

 

"Long distance relationship?"

 

"For four years now." Secretary Kim said proudly. "Unlike what others said, it's actually working for us. Someday, we will settle down no more long distance between our love." she smiled brightly.

 

"Wow." Seohyun is out of words.

 

"Wait. I need to prepare for his schedule now. I'll see you around." Secretary Kim stood up and hurriedly left the younger one.

 

Speechless, Seohyun just brushed off. She gets up and looked over the picture frames she had seen before but only noticed how Yoong's hair color on the photos aren't the same. The photo with her father has Yoongie's while on the photos where he is alone are Yoon and Yoong. All of them doesn't looked happy. He was seemed force to smile. "What are these?"

 

"I thought I will see you in the dining room?" She eventually her back once she heard the President's voice.

 

"I want to wait for you here."

 

"That's new."

 

"Aish, we don't have so much time." Seohyun playfully grabs her boyfriend's arm and drags him out with her. The latter tried to stop her but she kicks slap his hand away, earning laughter and a pinch on her cheek.

 

 

***

 

 

While driving back to the headquarters, Seohyun did not expect to hear her phone ringing and casually answered it through her bluetooth earpiece while she's focus on the road. "Agent Seo speaking."

 

[Hey, I think you forgot something.]

 

Her eyebrows furrows upon hearing the voice from the president. "What would I forgot to bring with?" She chuckles in amusement, totally sure of herself she packed her clothes thoroughly.

 

[You forgot to bring my heart.] Yoong replied in a serious tone.

 

"Did you just... " Seohyun's heart skips a beat upon hearing her first sweet and witty words that reminds her of Yoongie but he said in a serious tone unlike when Yoongie does it. "President Im-"

 

[Let's meet for a dinner date tonight. I'll fetch you no need to come to the Blue House. Take care, Girlfriend.]

 

The phone call hangs up that instant. Seohyun can't help but chuckle lightly. "Did he just tell me that to ask for a date? He's really funny sometimes." Her cheeks are blushing and she drives like a fool, smiling. But after some time, her smile disappears when she notices something in the side of the road, people are flocking and a police car and police line. Something is going on from the river. She instinctively pulled her car over in the side and went to check what's going on but only remained outside the police line.

 

"I wonder who is that?"

 

"They say it's a man."

 

She can hear gossips from people nearby which is giving her curiosity as well while police detectives are taking some time on bringing him to thir crutches.

 

"Children saw him floating from the river and reported to their mothers earlier."

 

She waited and waited along with the curious citizens until one female police faces them with an ID.

 

"Does anyone know this guy?"

 

Everyone started squinting their eyes to have a closer look of the ID but none recognized except her, "Kim Junghyun?" Seohyun is shock as hell.

 

"You know him, Miss?"

 

"Yes." She confirmed as she hurriedly gets stepped inside the police line and grabs the ID which is Junghyun's. Her eyes couldn't believe it. All this time, she had been trying to find him in any way possible, just to find out he is no longer breathing?

 

She rushed to Junghyun lying on the ground and check if it's really him. It's more than surprised that his face is still recognizable despite being missing for almost a month. The blood on his chest and legs are totally telling her that he was shot to death, breaking her heart into pieces. "How did... this happen?" It's unbelievable. She can't accept the fact that the ever so friendly will have its fate. Her chest tightens as her tears started dropping unconsciously but she instantly wipe them off. "Junghyun-ah... Who did this to you? Who did this to you, my friend?" She clench on her fist, watching him finally transfered to the stretcher and to the ambulance.

 

She hurriedly took her phone out and called a friend from National Traffic System. She thought any CCTV around the area can help her with the investigation. She didn't also missed to call Agent Choi and another Agent from the Blue House to help her with it.

 

 

***

 

 

'His smile is different today.'

 

Secretary Kim thought while watching the President talking immensely with the head of the fifth mall they visited. His schedule for the day is to go around Seoul and nearby cities to make sure every public place is secured with their securities. While he is serious talking with the head, she can notice that he will sometimes strikes light topics to ease the head of the mall's nervousness talking with him. He would also strike some jokes and laugh and smile. Not to mention, he looks extra handsome. His aura today is definitely way too different than yesterday. And Secretary Kim knows well the reason.

 

Taking her phone out, she secretly snapped a picture of him and sent it to Agent Seo.

 

Moments later, they bid farewell with each other and Secretary Kim immediately stays by his side while they're being highly guarded as they made their way to the staff elevator.

 

"Did you get any text?" Yoong ask his secretary in a soft voice while looked into his reflection through the elevator's door.

 

"What kind of text?" Secretary Kim ask innocently.

 

Yoong slightly move his head to his left where Miss Kim is standing next to him without leaving his reflection and whispers, "Agent Seo."

 

"Oh." Secretary Kim smiled secretly and quickly checks the smartphone of the President. Her eyebrows rise as she finds nothing. "She must be busy at the moment."

 

"What time is it?"

 

"Passed noon."

 

Yoong then remembers he hasn't eaten lunch. "Can you call her and ask if she hasn't eaten?"

 

"Sure." Secretary Kim instantly rang the young agent's number and waited for it to be connected. Much to her surprise, the call ended as the operator tells her that the owner is out of reach. "She's indeed busy."

 

"She's not answering."

 

"Yeah. Let's call later, okay?"

 

Yoong agrees with a simple nod. 'Aigoo, my girlfriend is working hard.' But at the back of his head, he is proud and concern at the same time. Because of Ares, she hasn't seemed to have a proper rest. "Miss Kim, can we send her some food?"

 

"I thought you would ask going to the headquarters. I would have preferred for that. But indeed, it's better if just send her. We have a tight schedule following." Secretary Kim smiled and immediately contact a delivery fast food restaurant.

 

"Make sure you use your name."

 

"I know."

 

"Good." Yoong smiled back and checks his time again on his wrist. It's already 2pm and he wished she didn't skip lunch. "Wait, call a flower shop also. Then ask them to make a note that says 'Roses are red, the violet is blue, sugar is sweet, how did I get so lucky with you?!'" He suddenly thought of another idea, earning a confuse look from the guards and a teasing smile from his secretary. He composes himself back and felt embarrassed from his guard. 'I didn't make them think I am weird, did I? Sheesh, whatever.' His smiles return, imagining his girlfriend's smiles once he got the flowers.

 

 

***

 

 

After so many hours of waiting, Seohyun finally can see Junghyun's grandfather. He is already crying when he arrives, asking his grandson's remains. He almost falls if she did not catch him on time. He pushed her away and proceed to stepped inside the room. His sobs got even harder when he saw him lying with the white cloth covering him.

 

Seohyun wanted to support him but she decided to stay outside and just watch his agony. She felt so sorry for him because she didn't keep her promise to find him alive. If only Ares did not interfere, she wouldn't halt her investigation over Junghyun. But too late for it, he is no longer breathing and will never comeback.

 

Looking down on the floor, she clenched her fist and gritted her teeth. 'I'll make sure the culprit pays for this. I promise, Agent Kim.'

 

 

***

 

 

"Oh Wow!" Tiffany returned to the headquarters just to see their new fellow agent's desk has takeout food that could be for 6 people and a bouquet of flowers. "Agent Seo has a boyfriend? This is so cute and romantic." she can't help and pick up the flowers and smell them.

 

Amber and Joohyuk had their eyes on Seohyun's desk too when they returned, totally amazed.

 

"Who could have sent her this?" Amber ask to no one in particular while glancing to their playboy agent, who has his eyes jealous on the flowers.

 

"Agent Nam, if you really like to date seriously someday, Agent Lee is available. You should consider her." Tiffany just automatically teases the moment she spotted the mentioned agent is entering the same office with Agent Kim.

 

"Agent Lee is committed to herself." Joohyuk jokes and quickly runs to the laboratory before Sunkyung can grab his neck.

 

"Aish, that playboy will never be my ideal type, Tiffany-ssi. He's too bad for me to date that idiot." Sunkyung said as she took Seohyun's leather chair.

 

"Who bought all of these for Agent Seo?" Taeyeon can't help and notice the food takeout didn't come from a normal fast food chain. The lunch boxes look expensive already, how much more the food?

 

"Omo, there are six lunch boxes. Are these for us?" Amber noticed and she took one from the paper bag.

 

"Yah, Agent Liu! These are for Agent Seo, obviously." Tiffany scolded, grabbing the lunch box from the fellow agent right away and place it back.

 

"How will she able to finish these all?" Sungkyung wonders as she chuckles.

 

"True. I think whoever sent this has an intention to share these lunch boxes. Why don't we call Agent Seo to confirm, hmm?" Taeyeon suggested, feeling hungry already with the smell coming from the lunch boxes.

 

"Didn't she called that she can't be here today? Shouldn't we ask her?" Sungkyung also suggests.

 

"Babo, it's not ours. We should ask her still. She can just tell us to eat these all, you know." Amber stated as a fact. "So, who will call?"

 

"Who got her number?" Ask Tiffany which cause everyone to turn to the computer lab. "Ugh, ask Agent Nam, Amber."

 

"Yes, Ma'am." Excitedly, Amber runs and when she arrives.

 

"No. I'm not telling you guys." Agent Nam says the moment she saw Amber's face. He heard them loud and clear. He raises his one brow then wiggles it playfully. "You know better than getting one thing so easily." He reminded.

 

"Ugh, come on Agent Nam. We all haven't eaten lunch here. You should cooperate."

 

"I will but you will also cooperate with me. Hmm?"

 

"Aish, whatever." Amber quickly grabs Joohyuk's phone and runs outside before the latter can chase her.

 

Joohyun just laugh, knowing she can't open it without his password. Little did he knew, Sungkyung knows about his password and easily got Agent Seo's number.

 

"She's not answering." Unfortunately, Sungkyung couldn't reach on Seohyun. "Did she mention why she can't able to attend work today?"

 

"Nope. She didn't." Tiffany shakes her head upon recalling the

 

"She just said personal appointment she needed to take first."

 

"Wait, if it's important, shouldn't her boyfriend know about it? Why did he send these in the headquarters?" Taeyeon realize something and shared it without hesitations. "Isn't this weird?"

 

"Right. You're right, Taeyeon. That means, we should not touch these." Tiffany put the bouquet back to Seohyun's desk.

 

"How about these foods?" Amber pout her lips sadly.

 

"Then let it there." Sungkyung changes her mind as she gets up. "We still have work to finish." and transferred on her own desk, handing Agent Nam's phone back to Amber. Tiffany and Taeyeon both return to their desks also.

 

Amber sighs in defeat. "Her boyfriend definitely doesn't know about Agent Seo's schedule today and he intended to send these for us." But she took one lunch box and hurriedly runs outside.

 

"What the." Tiffany, Taeyeon and Sungkyung are all speechless.

 

"Good thing Agent Choi took a leave today." Joohyuk said so loud from the lab and laughs sarcastically to his fellow agents.

 

 

***

 

 

"I miss her." Yoong utters with a sigh while having a meal with his secretary. He pouted his lips and stares at his secretary. "You really can't reach her?"

 

"I've called a thousand of times. We'll wait once she's available to pick up, okay? Didn't she agree to the dinner date? You will see her eventually so no worries." Secretary Kim tried to cheer up the suddenly sad young bachelor in front of her. "So just eat up and we still have another mall to visit."

 

"She didn't like the lunch boxes for her and her colleague, did she? Or the flowers? I feel like that's the reason she's not picking up." Yoong made an assumption and sighs before he returns to his meal.

 

'He's thinking nonsense.' Secretary Kim rolled her eyes. "Mister President, you know she mentioned there's an important meeting before leaving the blue house, right?"

 

"She did but that's-"

 

"Then she's too busy to pick up or to even call you back to thank you for the lunch. I tell you, later we meet with her, she'll thank you so much from that."

 

"Chincha? That's not what I am thinking will be the case. I think she will tell me 'Yah! I don't like the food! You should have bought pizza and burgers for us! Go apologize, Im Yoong!'" Yoong dramatically gestures his hands then compose himself back after catching attention from his guards again.

 

Secretary Kim took a moment to process what she just witnessed. She doesn't know if the President is just thinking too much or she doesn't know Agent Seo that yet. But it's too funny to resists that she can't help and burst into a tremendous laugh. "HAHAHAHAHA!"

 

"Aish." Yoong embarrassed himself and covered his face with his baseball cap. 'What did I do to deserve this?' He doesn't really have any idea.

 

After a while, Secretary Kim took died from laughter and she took some time to speak. "First, that's not Agent Seo I know. Second, she would never complain anything from you knowing how much she respects you and third, Mister President, stop thinking that. It's totally funny. I think I will die from laughing just because of you - no kidding, you don't know but Agent Seo is someone that's so sweet and always appreciate everything around her. So, I am pretty sure the reason she couldn't call you back is because she got too overwhelm by your thoughtfulness on sending her something and she got speechless to even call back. I think she will hug you once we saw her later."

 

"Okay... I will think like that." Yoong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter