This Time: Like Mother, Like Son

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

17 | Like mother like son

 

***

 

It had been almost five hours since they parked their car at the parking lot, in a mall, where Seohyun's parents have entered. Taeyeon, Minyoung and Yuri are both getting bored and hungry, because they're so focus and don’t want to miss the two. Since the Seo's car is just across where they parked, they want to stay alert.

 

"Guys, should we order food already?" Yuri however can no longer take her stomach. Lunch is over 2 hours ago. "I am not on a diet, if you may want to know." she said, earning Taeyeon and Minyoung's stomach grumble.

 

"Well, that seems a good idea." Said Taeyeon.

 

"I second the motion. We can't continue in a mission like this." And Minyoung never had a second time thought.

 

"What do you guys want me to buy? It's all on me." Yuri got stoke and she decided to buy it for them. Her eyebrows wigling as she grinned towards them.

 

"Are you sure about that?"

 

"Yeah, I eat a lot, for you information, Yuri-ssi." Minyoung confessed as she smirks.

 

"Me too. And since we just passed the lunch time. We might even eat more than we normally do." Taeyeon warned just to make Yuri laughs.

 

"You guys are kidding me right? I myself am hungry as the two of you. Alright, I'll just buy whatever I liked to share with you guys. Except for a full stomach after this." Yuri hastily stepped out of the car and didn't wait for them to response, as she jogs immediately inside the mall.

 

"Do you think... She just want to avoid to hear us?"

 

"I do think so." Taeyeon nodded, smiling amusingly to Yuri's disappearing figure.

 

Yuri who went straight to a restaurant, did not waste her time and ask if she can take out foods. It was lucky and the restaurant is good with it. "I can wait whenever." However, she can't go back to their car right away, since it will take time to prepare the foods she mentioned. She took her seat at an available and kills her time waiting by watching costumers come and go and eat their meals. But two people made her eyes widened and quickly she grabs the menu from the side and she hides her head. "From all the restaurants in this mall? Why here?" She asked herself in a whisper. She slowly peeks behind the menu and furrows her eyebrows. "Okay, so they did some shopping. For who?" she wonders, realizing that there are bags of plastics on their sides while they are enjoying their meal. "Wait... Why sm I hiding? Both don’t know me." She somehow realized it immediately. She then quickly looked for a closer table and she is lucky to spot a table that was just emptied by the three costumers. She calls herself down and slowly approached the table. She made sure to take her seat behind Mrs. Seo, hoping to eave drops something from their conversation. "Eh?" But to her surprised, they got quite. "I wasn't obvious or what?" She whispers to herself.

 

"Where are you really taking me after this?"

 

As if they heard her whispers, she heard Mister Seo's voice and that made her hope to learn something.

 

"You will see it later. I'm sure you will love it." Mrs. Seo told her husband, flashing a meaningful smile to him. If it not for his constant nag to visit a police station and ask an update about Yoona, she will not make a decision to bring him to their rest house.

 

"We're not going to bring our daughter with us?" Mr. Seo wonders.

 

"She's busy with her work. How are we going to bring her, eh? And besides, Jungkook will have dinner with us later."

 

"Okay. Just make sure we are coming home early. I still have to meet with my detective."

 

"You haven't cancelled that?"

 

"Why would I cancel it? They can help us in finding Yoona. Whether we like it or not, we need Yoona to help our daughter in making decisions. Our daughter would definitely like to hear her wife's thoughts. She can't just decide it without contacting her. So we better find her and hopefully she's fine. I don't want to worry about her anymore."

 

"What the. I thought you don't like her? That's why you suggested coming home and taking our daughter from her since she lost her job. What's wrong with you?" Mrs. Seo is in disbelief. The reason she also want her daughter to take her daughter with them is because of her husband that convinced her to do it. And since Jungkook is a son from a wealthy family friend, they were more than determined to do it.

 

"Yoona maybe not the type of in-law we are looking for our daughter but the fact that she keep her promise in giving us a grandchild is actually a good thing about her. And I realized, she isn't the type of person that breaks her promises. Can't you see how cute our grandson is? You seriously have to play with him later."

 

"Wow, so it's Sky that's melting you."

 

"He did. But it doesn't change my mind though. We have to make sure he also go with us."

 

"Ha! That's another problem."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Yoona will definitely oppose."

 

"Ind... deed. But it's actually another problem as well." Mr. Seo thought of something.

 

"What?"

 

"I'm sure your daughter will not come with us without her son." He explained. "You see how inseparable she is with her son that she doesn't even want to leave him to us."

 

"Nope. It's not like that." Mrs. Seo smiled despite her husband is also right. "Once she realize it's not easy to live without a job that gives her more what she gets from teaching, she will realize that it's okay to go with us and work for her family."

 

"As if that's your plan for her."

 

"Aish, Let's not talk about that yet. Finished your meal and come with me." She shrugs her shoulders and ushers her to continue it.

 

Meanwhile, Yuri is having a bad feeling about Mrs. Seo's words. She felt like she's going to bring her husband to their rest house so she can show Yoona to him. 'We have to stop them.' She thought as she took her phone out and sends Taeyeon an important message. Just then, her name was called from the counter. She hastily left from her seat and pays her orders before she hurriedly left the restaurant.

 

-

 

"What are we going to do?" Minyoung quickly asks Yuri when she returns to the car.

 

"We have to stop them no matter what. Otherwise, Seohyun's mission will fail." Taeyeon said and grit her teeth, quietly.

 

"Any ideas?"

 

"Don't look at me. Taeyeon sure has some ideas." Yuri said and turned her attention to the older woman, who's in the driver seat. "You are the police officer here. You know how to stop criminals from running away; you can do that to this situation as well."

 

"I should have brought my tools with me so we can easily break their wheels. But... " Taeyeon pause as she takes her time to think of a plan. It didn't take that long and she finally have a good idea. "You guys are good actresses?" She turned to face Minyoung and Yuri.

 

"What's your plan?" Yuri raises her eyebrows, feeling like she has to unleash her good communication skills.

 

"Well, I have this scenario in my mind." A smirk appears in Taeyeon's mind, knowing both girls are unknown to Mr. and Mrs. Seo.

 

-

 

"Go."

 

With that cue from Taeyeon from the car, Yuri and Minyoung came out from their hiding spots, just between cars and put on their character immediately as couples while they are walking towards the married couple. Both are so oblivious and are too focus on their conversation as they are heading to their car. But before they could reach it, Yuri intentionally bumped into Mrs. Seo and all the stuffs on her arms drops, including her hand bag.

 

"Omo, I'm so sorry, Ahjumma." Yuri apologizes and quickly crouched down to help the two from getting their stuffs on the ground. Despite the glares coming from them, she continues to help them, while at the same time smiling apologetically.

 

"It's okay." Mister Seo reassured.

 

While they are all busy, Minyoung hastily took the purse from Mrs. Seo's bag in a flash and put it on her jacket's pocket. She hurriedly helps them as well in getting the groceries back to the plastic bags.

 

It wasn't long enough and they have cleared the ground.

 

"We are so sorry. We are deeply so sorry." Yuri and Minyoung keeps on bowing deep while they are slowly leaving them.

 

Mrs. Seo never left her eyes to Yuri until she decided to gran her husband's arm and drags him with her to their car, before she completely lost her mind because the tan girl looks like Yoona, even though she's quite dark. It just annoys her and hastily brought her husband to their car.

 

Whilst, Yuri and Minyoung runs as faster as they can all the way to the mall's Lost and Found office.

 

"Let's wait." But before they can give it, they waited for Taeyeon's message. It took 15 minutes befre they gave the purse and asked the staff to call the owner and return it.

 

-

 

"How did you got my wallet?" Mrs. Seo is in disbelief upon receiving a call from the mall and asking her to comeback. It frustrates her because they have come a long way already, on the way to their rest house.

 

[Someone has found the purse, Ma'am. You can get this whenever you want. But I advise to return here in the mall today, so we can accommodate you easily. If you'll get this tomorrow, it's hard to do so, because we have a lot of costumers looking for their own items.]

 

"Araso, Arao. We're coming back."

 

"Sheesh." Mister Seo can only react as he turns the car over after hearing it from his wife.

 

"Geez. Why am I so stupid." Mrs. Seo smacks her own forehead.

 

Meanwhile, big smiles appear in Taeyeon's lips once she saw the Seo's car made a U-turn. She had been following them and she's right about Yuri's instincts. "Make sure they don't come out the mall. Hold them as much as possible. I will call right away once Seohun update us." she said to Yuri over the phone.

 

[Copy that, Officer.]

 

 

***

 

 

After so many times of pressing the doorbell, Seohyun and Sky can finally see someone walking out of the rest house. It's her family's rest house but she hasn't seen the woman. It had been a decade though, she would really missed a lot about it.

 

"I thought you are coming tomorrow?"

 

She and Sky made eye-contacts, then back to the woman.

 

"We... we kind of change schedules. I hope... that doesn't bother?" Seohyun tried to act she wasn't surprise the woman is surprise for their appearance. She reads on her mother's planner the 'house cleaner', but did not read clearly reads the schedule. She just reads they have house cleaner coming to their rest house twice a week. She doesn't know the schedule is tomorrow, which is weekend.

 

"Well, I was just surprise. Wait, you are with your brother?" The woman finally noticed she is with another person, when she stopped in front of them.

 

"B-Brother?" Seohyun is flustered.

 

"Didn't you tell me you have a younger brother?"

 

"Oh, no-no. It wasn't like that... " She hastily picked it up. "I mean, I do have one b-but... he's my son." and smile behind the face mask.

 

"I thought you are single?" The woman exclaimed.

 

"I did say that. Hahahahaha!" Seohyun mentally scolded herself. "I am a single mother." But quickly takes it back. She smiled and nervously gulped. 'I should have told her he's my brother, stupid.' She thought.

 

"Oh, I didn't catch that. B-But... why are you gus... covering your face. What's going on?" The woman asked about the face-mask, which she expects to hear.

 

"Oh this." Seohyun touched the face-mask. "It's because we both caught a cold. And-And... we can't continue doing the work knowing it will easily infect you guys. Um... Actually, we can't even take this down."

 

"Really?" The woman suddenly squint her eyes and looked at them, like she wasn't convinced at all. And she looked at them suspectingly out of a sudden.

 

'Geez... can she just let us go?' Seohyun thought, as her heart beats races, waiting for the woman to say something. "Ahehehehe, why are you staring at us like that? Don't you-"

 

"I just realize your voice change."

 

"Oh, that's because of our colds." She quickly answered. 'Okay, so that's reason she's like undressing us with her stares.'

 

"Aigoo, poor you guys. But you should have called that you can't work today."

 

"Omo, that's not the case. I can't skip the work, the reason why we are here. I mean, tomorrow is weekend, so we thought of changing the schedule. Y-You know... to have the days off tomorrow and work for today."

 

"Well, that actually make sense. But I can't-"

 

"Please, just let us work. It won't be actually a problem." Seohun desperately begs. She can't let this happen, when they're already in the house. "I promise." She said, hoping the woman would finally let them in and don't bother them anymore. 'Come on, Ahjumma.' She prayed quietly while waiting for a response. Her legs are starting to shake impatiently. 'Don't just stare at me and my son like that.' She scolded inside her mind.

 

Suddenly, the woman steps forward and she leans in to Sky, staring straight to his eyes.

 

"What are you doing?" Seohyun steps one backward as she got protective over her son.

 

"I'm just checking if it's okay for your son to be here as well. I mean, you mentioned he's sick as well." The woman showed her concern. "But as I looked at it, there isn't any problem of him tagging along with you."

 

"So that means we can work together?" Seohyun got hype upon hearing it.

 

"Nope. I suggest you take a leave and comeback only when you guys are fine."

 

"What?! Why?"

 

"We can't risk your health!"

 

"But we are totally okay with this. You can't just do this. I mean, I have to earn extra money today for our medication. You can't risk our health, and then can you let us work? Just for today. I really just need money for today. Please.. Ahjumma..." Seohyun begs as she looked into the woman's eyes, with begging watery eyes. "Give us a chance, please... I can't go home anymore without earning money for me and my son." And she uses her free hand to hold her arm. "Please..."

 

Sky understands the situation and he clasps his two hands, begging. His lips cutely pout. "Pweashe... Pweashe... " as he also copies his mother's begs.

 

"Aish. I hate this. Your son is so cute. I can't resist him. Just make sure he won't cause any trouble, okay?"

 

"Chincha?Thank you so much." Seohyun is so happy and unconsciously pulled the woman into a one arm hug.

 

"Ugh, quit that." But the latter just pushed her immediately.

 

"Thank you again." She smiled and bowed, as she entered finally. "Good job, baby." she couldn't miss and reward her son with a kiss on his cheek, as they immediately went inside the house completely.

 

"Just let me know if you need anything. I'll be just in the kitchen." The woman, who seems to be the care taker of the house said and walks casually to the kitchen.

 

"Yes." Seohyun took the cue and hurriedly went to get the cleaning tools. Lucky for her, she knows where to get them. "Now, you look around and tell me where Appa is, okay?" she told Sky as she put him down. "I'll clean their living room, first." she added and started her work, while at the same time, sensing the atmosphere of the entire house. SKy on the other hand is checking every rooms. So far, she hasn't seen anyone except the house keeper. 'This is odd.' She thought, without stopping her hand over wiping the dusts off in each items in the living room.

 

Moments later, Sky went back, just on time three guys appeared from the basement, and all of them are surprised to see her, but none of them greeted nor did they comment over their face-masks. Not to mention, about a kid in the house.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter