Runaway 02: The Girl

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Runaway 02 | The Girl

 

 

***

 

 

After hours of walk from the church to the bus stop, Yoona finally rested her legs as she took her seat. She wasn't expecting it that she will end up walking since she becomes a human just hours earlier. She finally can feel how to be one of them but to her surprise, there's no bus coming and there's only an hour left before the sun rises. She has to leave the town before then.

 

 

"Yah! Sunbae! How am I going to leave if there's no bus out here?" She talked to Taeyeon while looking up to the sky. As usual, she wasn't heard and she ends up kicking the ground. "I will really blame you if I can't go back to paradise." She had been doing her mission for the past two months as an angel in order to return to paradise. But her last mission seems to be tougher than the previous and it's giving her insanity.

 

 

"Miss?" An old woman suddenly calls her and she turn to see older than her sunbae is sitting at the bench she's sitting.

 

 

"You're calling for me, Ahjumma?" She pointed at herself, in disbelief. "Wait, you're really seeing me right now?" She tapped her cheeks a few times. "This face. You're staring at it?" She felt so happy and hyped that her wish came true.

 

 

"Are you crazy?" The old woman chuckled amusingly. "But is that yours?" Then she pointed to a white luggage nearby.

 

 

Yoona turned her head and saw the luggage she hasn't seen earlier. "Nope. Wae?"

 

 

"Don't leave your stuff like that. There are a lot of thieves here." The woman notified. 

 

 

"Ah ye-yes." Yoona has no choice but to get the luggage and keep it close to her. She however didn't expect to see the church's logo on the handle which seems to be really hers. 'Tsk, I ask for a bus you gave me luggage.' She thought as she briefly looked up the sky. Opening the luggage, she raises her eyebrows as she finds clothes and a diary book that says 'report' which will be her diary to report everything she's been doing or stuffs she wants to ask for. She found an envelope also inside but before she can pick it up, she heard an engine from the bus, which makes her close the luggage and quickly stood up. She let the woman stepped inside first before she follows her.

 

 

Curious about the envelope, she took it and check what’s inside. Much to her surprised, they’re documents; an ID, passport, school application, credit card and a ticket to Los Angeles.

 

 

“What the. Why do I need to go to that place?” She wonders and also it curious her. “Omo.” Just then, a petal from the flower on her long sleeve shirt’s pocket fell which she quickly catches on time. 

 

 

The petal has a text that can be read as: Gangnam District, apartment building 709, room #409.

 

 

It’s the destination of her next mission that really excites her because for the first time and for her last mission, she will encounter a human. Well, it’s not going to be only one person, but she’ll encounter a lot of them. 

 

 

“After this, I will have a feast in heaven.” She giggles as she put the envelope back to the luggage and looked outside the window. She has successfully left the town without the sun rising yet. “Let’s go, Angel Yo. You got this.” She told herself like she always does. Her smile is from ear to ear, couldn’t get more excited.

 

 

-

 

 

“Yah, Miss. Wake up. We’re in Seoul now.” 

 

 

“Miss. You’re going to pay more if you don’t leave the bus.”

 

 

Slowly gaining her consciousness, she let out a hug yawn as she stretched her arms.

 

 

“Wipe your saliva.” Someone said as she passes on her seat.

 

 

She wiped it off embarrassingly while looking outside the window. Her eyes widened so big as the buildings are finally before her eyes. She hurriedly got up and took her luggage before leaving the bus. “Wow. It’s so cool down here.” She looked like a child as looked around and can see the blue sky from the land and the buildings that she usually just can see from the rooftop. She turns around and around like doing a commercial film with her brightest face. People around her are staring in amusement. 

 

 

“Wait… “ But she stopped when she realized something. “Where’s that place located?”

 

 

“Are you lost?” Someone noticed and approached her to ask her.

 

 

“Omo, thank you. Yes, I am. But can you tell me how to get here?” She took a pen from her luggage and wrote down the address from the flower. She showed it to her and the lady smiled.

 

 

“Just take a taxi.” She suggested

 

 

“Taxi?” She got confused, doesn’t know about it.

 

 

“Taxi!” The Lady was kind enough and called the taxi that was coming. “She’s going to Gangnam. Please safely take her there.” She told the driver and opened the car door for her.

 

 

“Thank you so much.” Yoona couldn’t thank enough as she keeps bowing a lot as she stepped inside together with her luggage. She waves goodbye to the lady who wave goodbye towards her but she gasps when her face changes to Taeyeon. “Yah! Sunbae!” She shouted as she continues to wave her hand while the car is now moving. “You are so mischievous!” she playfully shouted.

 

 

Taeyeon keeps waving until the taxi disappears on her eyes. She shakes her head and walked away, then disappear afterwards.

 

 

-

 

 

Just two hours of drive, she arrived in front of the building. “Room 409. Must be fourth floor.” She mumbles to herself while walking inside.

 

 

“Welcome to Saekyung Building.” The front desk greeted her brightly and greeted back with a big smile and bow. It feels so great to be greeted by humans. But before she can even passed the front desk, a security stopped her.

 

 

“You have to log, Miss.” The Guard said and ushered her to come back to the front desk. Confused, she just follow him.

 

 

“Wait, are you Im Yoona?” The lady from the front desk brightly greeted again.

 

 

“Y-Yes. How did you… “ She couldn’t continue her words when the latter handed her a key to a room 408. 

 

 

“Thanks for choosing us.” She bowed in front of her.

 

 

Yoona took the key and raises her eyebrows. But then, it made her realize something- ‘Taeyeon Sunbae?’ The lady winked at her which made her chuckle. She was about to speak out loud when the security looked at her suspiciously. She smiled and showed her the key got. “I’m going to live here.” She informed and winked at the lady before proceeding to the elevator.

 

 

“This is really happening. I’m room 408 and my last mission is on next door.” She is in disbelief but things have to go smooth on her last mission, which is making sense.

 

 

*ding*

 

 

After a few minutes only, she arrived on the fourth floor. She walked out casually and look for the room number of her mission. ‘Where’s that?’ she walks and walk until she reached the second to the last room. She unknowingly started to feel nervous that she couldn’t pressed the doorbell.

 

 

“Get it together, Im Yoona.” She shakes her head and slapped her cheeks a few times before she took a deep breath and slowly relaxes. She pressed the doorbell gently and smile brightly. As if the person inside will open the door immediately. “What’s… taking this person… long? It’s already 9am.” She realized the time.

 

 

Seohyun who has body pains since last night’s events couldn’t get out of bed. She had been a week since her best friend called but she stayed in her bed, trying to get back to her dreamland. But when the doorbell rings, she cursed under her breath for disturbing her. She doesn’t leave her bed however as she put her extra pillow her head and return to her dreamland.

 

 

*ding-dong*

 

 

*ding-dong*

 

 

But the more she doesn’t leave the bed, the more the annoying doorbell continues to disturb her. “Who the coming in an early morning.” She groaned as it stings to move out of bed but the doorbell won’t give her peace if she doesn’t open the door nor told the person via her intercom to stop ringing the doorbell.

 

 

*ding-dong*

 

 

*ding-dong*

 

 

*ding-dong*

 

 

And more can be heard as she hasn’t even reached to see the face of the person outside. Due to annoyance, she went straight to the door and yelled at whoever who had been ringing it. “WILL YOU STOP THE ING DOORBELL! THAT’S NOT A TOY!”

 

 

Stunned by the harsh words, the young angel couldn’t say a word. 

 

 

“What?” Seohyun got annoyed because she didn’t get a response to the stranger. “Aish, I’m not in the mood for your pranks.” She closes the door but the latter stopped it by using her body.

 

 

“Hi, I’m your new neighbor. I’m sorry for what I did but I just want to see your face.” Yoona explained while flashing a friendly cute smile. “I’m Yoona, you are?” she held out her hand despite having difficulties on her situation.

 

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes. She pulled the door and without warning, she pushed her out. “I’m sorry.” She waves goodbye as she hastily closes the door back, successfully. She rubs the back of her head while walking back to her room.

 

 

*ding-dong*

 

 

But for the umpteenth time, it annoys her to hear that doorbell again. “Aish.” Frustratingly, she ruffles her hair and turned to dragged her feet forcefully to the door. “I’m Seohyun. Happy? Please stop ringing the god damn door already.” She just told her and slam the door in front of her and rushed to her bed.

 

 

Yoona smiled despite the character of the girl but at least she got her name. A petal fell from the rose and she caught it on time again. 

 

 

Seo Joohyun

 

17 years old

 

 

A text was written which made her eyes widened. “She’s just a year younger than me? No wonder she’s a bit moody like me.” And it gets more interesting.

 

 

***

 

 

Thanks to pain reliever, Seohyun can freely move around her apartment. She even sent her best friend that their plan to go out later will continue. But she can’t leave her apartment yet. She got no mood to exercise and even do her laundry so tomorrow she is ready to pack all her stuffs.

 

 

But the new neighbor next somehow is keeping her company. After the annoying doorbell, she can hear her from her living room, sounded like freaking out over cooking? Base on her scream and her whine about a certain hotdog. She wishes she can choose who to stays next door but there’s no way she can do that.

 

 

“Aish. This place will not be peaceful anymore.” As much as she wants to ignore it, it’s really hard to do that. She isn’t used to noises so she has to accept the new neighbor and she walked out her apartment to rang her doorbell this time.

 

 

Yoona who had numerous times of tries from cooking her breakfast has no choice but to stick with the bread she found from the fridge. But the doorbell got her surprised that she couldn’t enjoy it entirely. 

 

 

“Hold on a second, I’m coming.” She took her jacket and went to the door to greet the person ringing it. “Omo, beautiful neighbor, it’s nice to see you again.” She brightly greeted, bowing so deep.

 

 

Seohyun walked in without greeting her back and check what’s going on. She was right, she was trying to cook as the mess tells her.

 

 

“Um, I’m sorry. I’m going to clean later.”

 

 

“Are you alone?”

 

 

Yoona nodded. “Yup.” And smile, cutely.

 

 

Seohyun smile back briefly but she approached the fridge and open what’s inside. “Wow, you have all that what I don’t have.” She chuckles. “Mind me if I cook for your breakfast?” she asked her afterwards.

 

 

“Omo, there’s no need to. I have my bread-“

 

 

“That won’t fill your stomach. I’ll just cook for you. So, I can’t hear you complains from next door anymore, okay?” She however couldn’t take a rejection as she interrupted her. She fakes a smile and began to prepare the ingredients.

 

 

Yoona is agape. She just stood next to the table, watching her in awe. She’s doesn’t know if her sunbae did something but she’s changing her first impression towards her, although that last word from her was offensive.

 

 

It took only 30 minutes and Seohyun place the pasta she cooked for her on the table. “Welcome to the neighborhood, Miss Im.” She smiled and walk out her house.

 

 

Yoona wanted to stopped her but she’s gone too fast. She got emotional, knowing this is the first time a human did something for her. She’s always the one doing good deeds for them, now she was being treated like them. She took her chopsticks and is crying while eating her pasta. 

 

 

Seohyun from next door got disturbed from reading a book when she heard cries from next door. “YAH! I CAN HEAR FROM HERE. PLEASE STOP IT!” 

 

 

Yoona quickly shut but her tears are flowing like a river as she continues her food. “Thank you, Seohyunnie!” she yelled in gratefulness. 

 

 

Seohyun’s lips curved into a smile though, knowing she did something for someone she doesn’t know. it’s flattering. Not to mention, she called her in a cute way.

 

 

***

 

 

“How much?”

 

 

“I told you it’s my treat.”

 

 

“No way. I was only kidding yesterday.”

 

 

“It’s really my treat.”

 

 

“Ugh, fine.” Seohyun gives up eventually as she took the pop corn from her best friend and left him to have a seat nearby, while he pays for their tickets.

 

 

Jungkook found her and give her drinks and took her pop-corns. “After you.” He said and they went inside the cinema together. It wasn’t that crowded so they can move freely around and on their seats.

 

 

“What were you telling to me earlier, again?” He got curious to his best friend. She told him about someone but it was stopped when they arrived at the cinema house.

 

 

“About this new neighbor. She seems on the same age as me but she’s too innocent to be living alone.” Seohyun chuckled and started eating her pop-corn.

 

 

“Do you get her name?”

 

 

“Im Yoona.”

 

 

“Im?”

 

 

“Wae? You know someone with that surname?”

 

 

Jungkook took a couple of seconds before he answers, “I’m not sure but Dad has this friend Im Ji Sung. He’s one of the board members of the company.”

 

 

“There are a lot of Im in this country. Not surprising.”

 

 

“No, I mean, he is really close with my Dad that I know a little about their family.”

 

 

“What is it?” Seohyun got curious.

 

 

“There was a car accident 8 years ago that took the life of his only daughter. It was one of the reasons he divorced his wife but they reunited four years after the death of their daughter. Maybe they really are meant to be that they are now happily married again with two kids.” Jungkook shared as he smiled back.

 

 

“What’s the name of their daughter?”

 

 

“Yo. Im Yo? Yeah, It’s really Im Yo.”

 

 

“And this new neighbor’s name is Yoona. Isn’t that coincidence? But she’s weird, I don’t like her.”

 

 

“Their names are different.” Jungkook rolled his eyes earning a hit on his arm. And how would a dead come back to life? She was 10 years old that time. Aigoo, you're being silly. Let’s just watch the movie now, shall we?”

 

 

Seohyun giggles and pinched his cheeks. “I will now.” She casually turned her attention the big screen with a big smile on her face. It’s the movie she had been waiting to see and it’s even a treat from her best friend. She loves it.

 

 

***

 

 

Despite being human, Yoona can still have the ability of an angel. She knew Seohyun is not inside through eavesdropping that she decided to go out and loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter