The President 15: Birthday

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

15 | Birthday

 

 

***

 

 

Seohyun is in disbelief, watching the President wouldn't give up, no matter how much she tried to ask him to stop and just forget about what she told him earlier. But how is she going to stop him when she can see it on his eyes, he is determined to catch at least of those stuff toys she honestly thought he doesn't like? It's as if it's a gold or something, he doesn't want to disappoint her.

 

"Seriously, do you know if they have a key?" Yoong let out a huge exhale as he put his hands on his waist, staring at the claw machine in disbelief as well because he hasn't seen something that hard as his MCAT.

 

"Do you think it's time to stop now... P-president Im?" Seohyun carefully ask again even though she doesn't know if he will comply this time.

 

"Ha! I still have so much time." Yoong said and folded his sleeve in the process before he bends his body again and once again tried his luck.

 

Seohyun sighs in defeat, as she glanced to her wrist watch and the clock strikes 9 in the evening, meaning, it had been two hours since he started playing and yet to catch a single stuff toy. 'When is he planning to ever stop?' She gives up pursuing him and just hopes he will stop before midnight or wish for him to catch one before that, so he will finally stop.

 

-

 

"Thanks." After another hour, her wishes came true as the President caught a small pickachu stuff toy that really was the reason why it took him hours.

 

"No problem." Yoong gleefully smiled, as he stared to the stuff toy then to the young agent, who's hugging it as they sit side by side in a bench at the hospital's lounge. "You look adorable." He took the bottle of water and took a couple of gulps before he heard her response.

 

"You should have aimed the bigger stuff toys." Seohyun said as a matter of fact. "You would have caught more than one."

 

"What do you call that stuff toy? I just find it really cute." Yoong innocently reasoned. "That's why I did not try to catch the others." His eyes formed into a crescent moon as he flashes a big smile.

 

"You." Seohyun is flustered. "You don't know this anime character?" Didn't expect to learn his reason.

 

"Wae? You know?"

 

'Aigoo... ' Seohyun thought and smile. "Of course. It's the famous pikachu that loves by others."

 

"Really? I swear I have no idea. Can you tell me more about this?" Yoong got curious and he moves closer to his security agent.

 

Seohyun took her phone out and open a streaming video application and shows the videos of the said stuff toy.

 

"So he's a he? I thought she's a she?" Yoong was surprised to learn.

 

"You are like the others, President Im. Most people thought Ash's Pickachu is a girl until it was revealed later on that it's a boy. How are you so innocent about this?" Seohyun giggles, as she finds it really adorable and at the same time another thing, she learned from him.

 

"I'm not someone who watches a lot of anime series. I'm pretty sure you know the reason." Yoong explained and hinted at the same time.

 

"Well." Seohyun shrugs her shoulders. She was about to put her phone back to her pocket when the deer president suddenly snatched it. "What are you-"

 

Yoong did not hesitate and he opens the camera. "How do you take a selfie?" He asks as he keeps on topping on the icon until he and Seohyun's face is seen on the screen. "Whoa, here it is." His choding smile appears as he leaned his head to Seohyun who is speechless at the moment. "Wae?" He tilts his head to see her.

 

"You don't know how to use a camera?"

 

"I do, but I don't know that selfie thing I am hearing on the social media. And my secretary is always the one that handles my phone. So, I have no idea about the other apps on these smartphones."

 

Seohyun can't help and smile in amusement, seeing how innocent and cute he is at the same time. "Let me handle this then." She tried to take it but the latter avoided her reach.

 

"I'll do it." Yoong positioned the smartphone right away in front of them, where she and him can be clearly seen. He smiled charmingly as the young agent smiled shyly. "What?!" Which made him looked at her in disbelief. "What's with the smile?"

 

"Wae? What's wrong?" Seohyun got confuse.

 

"You are weird - I mean, are you shy?" Yoong ask without a doubt.

 

Seohyun blinks twice and realize he noticed it. She immediately smiled with confidence this time. "Is this enough?"

 

"You were shy indeed."

 

"I am not."

 

Yoong chuckled. "You sure do." Positioning the device again, he noticed this time that the background is not good. It's just a plain white. "Can we go out?" and so he requested. "The background is obviously a hospital."

 

"Where?" Seohyun simply replied.

 

Getting up, Yoong looked around and then an idea popped up on his head. "Garden?"

 

"No!" Seohyun bolted up automatically. "That's not necessary, President Im. It's already late to do that and I think we can't see good background at this time of the night."

 

"Wasn't there a fountain? That's a good background, Agent Seo." Yoong attempted to leave but his agent blocks him that instant.

 

"How about at the rooftop, President Im?" Suggested Seohyun right away, flashing her brightest smile as she hopes the deer president will not insist anymore.

 

"But-"

 

"No Buts!" Without waiting for his reaction, she grabs his hand and drags him along with her.

 

Yoong wasn't able to react anymore as he got confused with his feelings the moment the young agent touches his hand and now, she's the one holds him. He loves being held however and he unconsciously holds her back as his lips curved into a sweet smile. The warm and the concern for him, he can feel that... but it ended short as they entered the lift and Seohyun let go. He got quietly disappointed but it still gives him smiles on his face, as it still lingers on his hand and so as his heart.

 

"Earth to Mister President! Hello~" Seohyun noticed the deer spaces out but is smiling and she had no clue why.

 

Yoong snapped out of his own trance and looking lost as he stared back at the young agent. "Yes?" His cheeks are red, unconsciously again.

 

"You're... " Seohyun noticed what's happening and that makes her immediately changed her mind. "Never mind." She flashes a friendly smile and looked away. She crossed her arms and only regretted when she felt her heartbeats increasing. 'Sheesh, why do I have to remind myself about that moment back on his ward again? It's not even related to this.' She unconsciously shakes her head to brushed off again that memory on her brain.

 

"Um, sorry." Yoong felt like he upsets her.

 

"F-for what, President Im?" Seohyun involuntarily looked back at the young President.

 

"I think I missed something and it upsets you?"

 

"Omo, No-no. It's not that." She literally waves her hands in front of him. "You never upsets me, President Im."

 

Yoong raises his eyebrows. "Really? But why are you quiet out of a sudden?"

 

"I just thought it wasn't that big deal. So yeah, I hope you don't take that seriously. It was just nothing." Seohyun replied and smiled sheepishly.

 

"I see... " Nodding in understanding, It's Yoong's turn to cross his arms and he can't help but sigh.

 

'He really is innocent as Yoongie.' Seohyun can't help and flutter as she stared at him in amusement.

 

"By the way..."

 

"Hmm?"

 

Yoong turned his head to meet the young agent's eyes on him. "D-Does... does... d-does..." He stammers, not sure if he's going to continue what's on his mind.

 

"Hmm?" Seohyun hummed, as she waits patiently and curiously.

 

"Does... Um... Does... "

 

"Does what?" She chuckles.

 

"Does he do this?" He successfully let it out but close his eyes tight and looked away the moment he did it. His ears join how red is his face apparently.

 

Seohyun is flabbergasted and speechless. But as soon as it crosses her mind, she speaks again. "You mean... Yoongie?"

 

Yoong nodded without looking and opening his eyes.

 

"He does - I mean, you know how he loves to go out a lot, so yeah."

 

"I mean towards you."

 

"What?" Seohyun is flustered.

 

Slowly opening his eyes, Yoong slowly tilt his head to his right again and faces her. "Does he holds you always?" His voice came out so soft as he also wears soft gazes yet in curiosity.

 

Seohyun's heart skips a beat and as she finds herself lost on his gazes for a couple of seconds. "No. I was the one who holds him because he keeps escaping..." She confessed however.

 

"Oh... so he doesn't... initiate." Yoong doesn't know why but he felt relieved to learn. He finally looked away as he looked at the number of floors before them. He smiled like a fool briefly.

 

Seohyun quietly shakes her head in disbelief. 'He's really something tonight.' But sure, she loves watching him.

 

-

 

Click.

 

Click.

 

Click.


And more series of clicks can be heard on the roof top, as two people enjoys taking selfies here and there. It was lucky that the moon is bright, which gives them the opportunity to pose with it and play with it like it's a ball.

 

"Send that to my phone, okay?" Yoong asked the young agent as he finally handed the smartphone while he sat at the edge of the hospital bed. They literally just use all the time to take a lot of photos.

 

"Why would you like it?" Seohyun unconsciously teased.

 

"So I can stare at it while working." He never hesitates as he explained sincerely. However, he was confused when Seohyun looked at her like she said something wrong. "Wae?"

 

"N-Nothing. I would definitely do too." Seohyun said, blushing shyly. "I'll leave to give you rest now." She bowed and was about to do so when he speaks again.

 

"Print the photos too. I'll put it on my planner notebook." Yoong lied down and covered himself with the comforter right away. 'Stupid, what did I just said?' As he scolded himself so many times on his mind.

 

Seohyun is agape as she stared at the President's back. 'Did I just heard him ask me that?' Which absolutely gives butterflies on her stomach.

 

As soon as the presence of the young agent disappears, Yoong let out a huge relief of sigh as pulled the comforter down and finds himself looking at the ceiling, confused of his own feelings. 'A doctor can sure help me with this.' He is now determined it is something that needs explanation and medication.

 

 

***

 

 

"Jung Yunho is the name. An orphan. According to CIA's report, he's one of north korea's ex-military officer. Although he is from the north, both of his parents are from Seoul, who died from a fire that broke on their apartment. He was dismissed from his duty two years ago for stealing President Jung Un's gold watch. He was supposed to be life sentenced but escaped from the prison and still on the loose." explained Seohyun while the young President is looking into reports about the assassin who tried to kill him during the event two days ago. "He was last seen driving a rover going to Chungcheong, as this CCTV footages was captured." She places the three printed photos of Yunho's car, seen living Seoul. However, she noticed the President seems too serious checking all the files that reports about Yunho's whereabouts and his crime. "President Im? Have you... heard about this person?" and she realized he probably know about him before.

 

Slowly looking up to face his security agent, Yoong sighs audibly and shared his thoughts, "I once received a death threat and KIA identifies the same person as CIA has reported. That was five months ago... and that death threat was done through a cake that we thought has a bomb. He sent me a message that day and threatened me to kill me if I don't pull out our troops in Afghanistan. Now this... I personally think no one from the government is hiring him... it's as if it's his personal motive. It's probably because I am the President of South Korea and needs to be addressed with the soldier's sacrifice in Afghanistan."

 

"So this isn't the first time... " Seohyun nodded in understanding.

 

"What's the status?" Yoong asked as he got curious of Yunho's current location.

 

"Haven't heard yet. Later, the chief will call me for updates." Seohyun casually gathers the files and fixed them inside the envelope. "He is smart though. He knows he will be identified after his failed attempt."

 

"If he is on the loose, that means, our people is in danger. That man, he has no mercy." Yoong additionally says as he read on the report that he killed a total of fifteen people in a convenience store a year ago.

 

"Yeah, that's why the team has contacted the Police and our Swat team to join our Agents for this operation. I'm pretty sure we'll catch him in no time." Seohyun positively replied.

 

"How about Donghae?" Yoong never pause and he wanted to know any updates about him also.

 

"Too bad he doesn't still tell the truth. He would rather die than to tell us the group he is involved." Seohyun sighs disappointingly. "But he's already been charged for what he has done and is in prison. So, I doubt he can escape President Im."

 

"How about Agent Kim?"

 

"He is still on leave, Mr. President. He just replied to my text earlier that it might take him for a month to comeback."

 

"How about you, Agent Seo?" Yoong did not missed and she asked the agent before him, who had been working hard protecting him since the day she started her duty.

 

"Yes??" Seohyun was caught off guard. "Um... I... I'm doing good." She smiled shyly. "You know that, Mister President." and chuckle softly.

 

"Yoongie isn't giving you a hard time, is he?"

 

'Why is he mentioning him a lot these past?' Seohyun thought realizing that whenever it's Yoong, there's no day he will mention his other self. "Of course, he is still that hype and undoubtedly adorable."

 

"That's... good." Yoong regretted why he mentioned him upon seeing those sparkle on Agent Seo's eyes.

 

Seohyun was about to continue her words when there was a knock on the door. She casually changed her mind and opens it for him. She bowed in respect for the new doctor and gives him a way as he walks inside. She saw the President signaling her to leave as he takes his seat on the sofa to welcome the doctor. She bowed again before making her way out and wonders what's with the new doctor.

 

"Hey, Agent Seo!" She got startle when Secretary Kim appeared to surprise her. "What's up? Why are you outside?"

 

"A doctor came - I mean a new doctor. Do you have any idea about this?" Seohyun raises her eyebrows as she asks the closes person to the President.

 

"Who?" Secretary Kim however is the same as the young agent. "President Im has never mentioned anyone to me this early morning."

 

"Really?" Seohyun felt strange about it.

 

"The Doctor is a psychiatrist." One agent said, who was sitting at the side. "I heard from him that the President requested him to come after breakfast to talk with something important."

 

Seohyun and Secretary Kim immediately find each other's eyes, as their mind only says, it's about the split personality of the President.

 

Meanwhile, inside the ward, Yoong is contemplating to share to what had been bothering him these past days. He however had been thinking about it so he decided to call a psychiatrist and hopefully he can explain what's going on with him. But after couple of minutes, he finally broke his silence and speaks.

 

"So recently, I have this weird feelings, Doctor Lee... and I have no idea what can help me so it will stop."

 

"Can you describe it in details, Mister President?"

 

Yoong pause and gathers his thoughts again before he replies, "Um... m-my heart... would weirdly beat, my cheeks will flush and it's like there are butterflies in my stomach. There are sometimes too that I couldn't breath and will freeze for a couple of seconds and I couldn't think properly. Like I will be lost in some world I don't know. Then I feel like I am crazy thinking about her or feels like I am worried... And all of these is because of one person... Do you think I'm paranoid, Doctor?"

 

The Doctor couldn't believe that the President has just confessed all his feelings for a certain someone yet had no idea he is in love. "Ahem." And he doesn't know where to start.

 

"And also, it feels annoying or weird for me every time I heard her talking about Yoongie."

 

"Yoongie... The other personality?"

 

"Yes." Yoong sighs.

 

"Well, President Im... you're not paranoid." The Doctor begins. "Your parents... they give you time, take care of you, worried about... aren't they? What you received from them is called... love-"

 

"That's not what we're talking about, Doctor." The mention of his parents automatically gives Yoong a reason to grimace.

 

"Oh yeah, m-my bad." The Doctor admitted his mistakes but keeps on going. "Um, you see... you're not pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter