Runaway 05: Dream

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

05 | Dream

 

 

***

 

 

"She will not remember what happened. Her last memory is meeting you again."

 

Yoona sighs after gently placing the younger girl to the bed, back to her room in the mansion. With Taeyeon and Jessica's help, they teleported to her bedroom easily but Seohyun is still unconscious. However, Taeyeon assures her that she wasn't hurt. Only her memories are gone to protect them.

 

Just as they arrived, she heard a car pulling over outside. She hastily went to see who just arrived and it was a surprised for her to see the not so friendly Aunt. "Doesn't she have friends?" She wonders because she really sounds like she's living her life bitterly. She returned to check on Seohyun and it had been two hours since she fell asleep.

 

Just like what she did last night, she took the sofa and watch her sleep closely. But later on, she fell asleep.

 

 

***

 

 

For the second time, Yoona finds herself having dinner with the Seo, but the difference this time, there are more people. They have friends and relatives, joining a casual dinner. She and Seohyun are just in the corner, enjoying their meal while before them, adults are laughing, talking and more laughs to jokes while they're also drinking. They're simply enjoying the night with the engaged couple.

 

"You know one day, we'll like them, enjoying the drinks non-stop." Yoona chuckles while the younger girl next to her is quiet. She noticed she's playing with her salad while looking at it without even taking a bite. "You don't like it, Seohyun?" Unfortunately, she wasn't heard. "Seohyun-ah." She decided to shake her by her shoulder gently and the young girl snapped out of reality, looking back at her immediately like a lost kitten.

 

"Yes?" Seohyun felt like she missed something important from the doe-eyed.

 

Yoona is amused. "You're spacing out earlier." she poke her forehead. "What's up? Are you okay?"

 

Seohyun sighs and nodded to confirm.

 

"Mind sharing it?"

 

"I'm fine."

 

Yoona nodded and decided not to push it.

 

"But I just felt weird. I can only remember meeting you in the side of the street. It's like... we did something but I couldn't remember it."

 

'Ugh, I know this will come.' Yoona thought and she smiled to the young girl. "We did. We went back home after meeting each other because we got exhausted strolling around the town."

 

"Chincha? I seriously couldn't remember that. Aish, I must be having some amnesia." Seohyun knock her head a few times.

 

'I'm sorry, Seohyun.' The doe-eyed thought, doesn't have a choice. "Here. You eat mine." She suddenly replaces her plate of salad with her unfinished salad too. "So, it's easy for you to finish dinner." She lamely reasoned.

 

Seohyun smiled in amusement. "Okay." But she doesn't mind and giggles. And she finally has her dinner. No matter how much she tried to recall what happened earlier, she really can't and it only stresses her. It's time to move on and enjoy the meal.

 

Yoona who is satisfied with the result, casually eat her salad as well. It's really amazing that her human stomach won't get full no matter how many times she eats today. Maybe because it's her first time and she's giving her human body its needed strength.

 

Seohyun suddenly got playful and she poke the deer with her fork on her forearm a little.

 

"What?" Yoona looked at her confusedly.

 

"Nothing." Seohyun giggles and stuck her tongue.

 

"Seriously?" Yoona chuckled. Then she pokes her back with her fork too and the younger girl scoffs. She stuck her tongue out in response and copying her.

 

Seohyun poke the salad from the doe-eyed's plate this time and put it into immediately.

 

"You're silly." Yoona giggles but she also took salad from her plate and open so wide, putting it inside and smile foolishly.

 

"You're sillier." Seohyun put her spoon down and hit the older one on her arm earning a disbelief look. She quickly got up runaway before the latter could take revenge.

 

Unfortunately for Yoona, she finished the salad first before she followed her fake girlfriend.

 

-

 

"Where are we going?" Yoona whispers behind the younger one while they're sneaking out of the mansion. They finished their dinner but it seems the people inside will not finish it until midnight. They're like having a party as well, with all the dances here and there. Guests are even occupying the living room now. "Will this be fine?" she is worried. Instead of resting, Seohyun took her out of the mansion for unknown reasons.

 

Seohyun didn't say anything as she just signal the doe-eyed to follow her until they reached a certain black car. "Do you know how to drive?" She asks.

 

"Um, No." Yoona replied instantly.

 

"Chincha? Aish, I thought you do so we can go around the city." Seohyun scratched the back of her head, disappointed but regretted at the same time. "Do you have cash?" However, she has another idea.

 

Yoona took her purse from the pocekt of her jacket and opened it. "Just a credit card."

 

"Let's take a taxi then." Seohyun grinned. "Follow me." She once again leads her out.

 

"It's too cold outside, Seohyun. Your mother will definitely look for us." Yoona looked back to the mansion and can see how happy she is apparently dancing with her friends. "And I heard there will be a snow starting tomorrow until Christmas Eve." She is really worried; she doesn't want them to worry her mother too.

 

"It'll be fine. I promise. We're just going to the hills. I heard it's a good place to see the entire city." Seohyun said. She read earlier on her phone that there's a place where there are a lot of fireflies not only sightseeing the city. She held a cab and quickly got inside. "Yah, come here!" she shouted at the deer not following her right away and patted the empty space next to her at the back seat.

 

"Aigoo, you're so stubborn." Yoona can totally say it. However, it's a good idea also to have a quick night getaway. She got excited out of a sudden.

 

Seohyun then told the driver to bring them to the place and opened her phone to share the photo to the deer.

 

"Wow, there are a lot of fireflies." Yoona got even more excited. "Aren't we going to buy something to eat?" She grinned inwardly.

 

Seohyun chuckles. "We just had dinner. You're not yet full?"

 

"Um, I'm just thinking ahead. You know, we might get hungry. Hehehe." Yoona snickers.

 

"I think your stomach has a huge hole inside." Jokes Seohyun.

 

"A hole? Are you sure about that?" Yoona just quickly ooened her jacket and check her stomach and touch it from right to left. "I don't think so."

 

Seohyun bursts out laughing. "Yah, cover that back. It's cold." But she immediately asks her.

 

"I just don't think you're telling me the truth." Yoona zips up her jacket and giggles.

 

"It was a joke." Seohyun chuckles. "Can't you take jokes?"

 

"What's that?" The doe-eyed is innocent.

 

For the upteenth time, Seohyun is in disbelief that her new friend is as innocent as a child. She's even older than her. "Seriously, what are you living for back home? Jokes are stuffs that are just for fun. Come on." She casually punches her arm in a playful way earning a giggle.

 

"Maybe because our words there are different." Yoona chuckled.

 

"Just don't do that always." Seohyun advises. "Not all should be joke around."

 

"Okay." Yoona smiled inwardly. "But let's smile always." And also give an advice back.

 

"Of course." Seohyun smiled back. She doesn't know what to do without the doe-eyed. She'll probably be end up just lock inside the room. She's the reason she's being on herself right now and she likes it.

 

"But still thinking of your mom." Yoona couldn't help and mention it again. "She's-"

 

"She won't look for me, I promise. You see how she's having fun there? She's already drunk. And she won't remember she has a daughter outside."

 

"Aigoo."

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes. "You just said to always smile and here you are... "

 

"Araso araso... I'm just... you know." Yoona doesn't know the term on her head and end up chuckling.

 

"You are silly."

 

"You too."

 

Seohyun laughs. "We're silly." She can't believe they're talking nonsense.

 

"Wait, what is silly?" Yoona just realized she's using it but she doesn't know the real meaning. It just sounds good that she likes telling it back.

 

"Ugh, whatever. Just look up to the internet." Seohyun handed her phone but she takes it back. "You have your own now, right?"

 

The doe-eyed nodded and she handed her phone to the younger one.

 

"Aish, forget about it."

 

"Really?"

 

Seohyun chuckles. "Really." As she pushed her phone back to her. "Let's just see if we're already close to that place." And she opens her phone to check the map. Yoona curiously peek on her phone. "We're this. So, we have 15 minutes left." she said as she points at the arrow on the screen.

 

"It's amazing how technology works." Yoona is just impressed. She had been noticing it with her stay over the months. People are using the technology for an easy way to do something.

 

"Definitely." Seohyun smiled brightly. It just amazes her also that Yoona can easily be impressed. And that's adorable for her. "Wait, why did you think of cutting your hair? I know few only does that when it's winter." She raises her eyebrows towards her.

 

"Oh chincha? I don't know. I just feel like it and it's lighter this way. You know my head." Yoona said and shake her head a few times. She goofily smiled afterwards.

 

Seohyun giggles and she reached for her hair to fix it. "You look better on that." She praises, unconsciously smiling sweetly.

 

Yoona didn't expect that and her heart flutters that she put her hand on her chest where she can feel it. She loves what's happening at the moment.

 

"Wae?" Seohyub confusedly ask. The look on the deer's face is weird. She's smiling as if something was nice for her.

 

"Yes?" Yoona snapped out of reality and looked at the younger one with puzzle look.

 

Seohyun giggles. "Was it your turn to space out?"

 

"Hmm... Maybe." The doe-eyed got shy as she couldn't look at her and unknown to her, her cheeks are blushing.

 

Seohyun just smiled in amusement.

 

 

***

 

 

Yoona is smiling goofily while watching the younger girl walking behind her. They both didn't expect they have to walk all the way to the hills because the taxi doesn't want to go there anymore. Unfortunately, Seohyun isn't fond of hiking even though the way there is just the side of the road. Not to mention, they are not alone. Those who doesn't have a car has to walk. She looked tired already after just three minutes of walk.

 

"Should I carry you?" Yoona playfully ask the younger girl.

 

"I can handle... It." Declined Seohyun in between her gasping for air. She stopped for a while and take time to breath.

 

Yoona is way ahead that she also stopped. "Come on!" She waves her arm in the air when she noticed her friend stopped from walking.

 

"I'm coming." Just a couple of seconds pass, Seohyun resumed on her tracks. Her legs are weak which she didn't expect. Probably because it's cold. And her pants aren't that thick. She only has her coat and jacket to warm herself.

 

Moments later, Yoona has already reached the top and can't help but be amazed. Indeed, it's a good place to see the city. The entire city of angels. But she got impressed more when she started seeing fireflies that people are there to enjoy.

 

"Oh wait." But before she could lose by those beautiful lights, she turned her back and tried to searched for the younger girl. She re her way and there she saw her now supporting herself with a stick. "Aigoo, I thought you can handle it?"

 

"Of course." Seohyun replied and throws the stick. She composed herself and walk passes at the deer. Like she just found a new strength she sprinted all the way to the top.

 

Yoona followed and smile in amazement. She never asks for help and she made it. That was something for her.

 

"Isn't this amazing?" Seohyun is in awe, watching the fireflies with her lips agape. Despite how exhausted her legs are, it was worth it.

 

"You're amazing." Yoona replied while she couldn't take her eyes off of the younger girl. However, she was busy admiring the fireflies that she didn't hear her words.

 

Suddenly, someone poke her from behind and she turn to see a lady is offering flowers.

 

"Yes? For me?"

 

"For your girlfriend." The young lady pointed to Seohyun. "Give it to her."

 

"But I don't have cash. And why would I give it to her? She's not my-"

 

"It's for free." The young lady insisted, handed the one rose flower to the doe-eyed.

 

Yoona was left dumbfounded, looking at the flower on her hand. She looked back to the lady who is now giving to the others. "O-okay." She doesn't mind and turn to return her attention to Seohyun. The latter is still quietly amazed. She was lost into the fireflies that she seems to forgot about her.

 

Approaching her slowly but surely, Yoona just extended her hand from behind without saying a word.

 

Seohyun did not notice it first until one firefly suddenly came close to her and she follows it until it landed on the rose. Just when she realizes someone is holding it from behind her. She turned to see Yoona, smiling charmingly towards her but her attention immediately turns to the flower.

 

"Wow, the firefly likes my rose?" Yoona is in awe as it stays on her rose.

 

"She absolutely like you too." Seohyun giggles as she touches the petals of the flower carefully. Her smile is from ear to ear.

 

"Eh? This isn't for me. It's yours." Yoona corrected, slowly handing it to the younger. "I'm giving this to you." she softly added without unlocking her gazes with her.

 

Seohyun hesitantly takes it. "Th-thanks." As she doesn't know what to say. But she smiles happily, looking back to the rose with the firefly still on it. It feels like it's her friend, giving her the rose.

 

Yoona suddenly thought of capturing the moment and she took her phone out to capture the moment of the younger girl, smiling to the rose. She looks so beautiful and lovely. She couldn't stop clicking the camera on her phone, taking advantage of the technology as well. When Seohyun realized she's busy doing something, she looked into her camera and smile gleefully.

 

Click.

 

Click.

 

Click.

 

Yoona giggles after a lot of poses and clicks. She previews all of them and accidentally made it as her wallpaper. "Omo, look, my screen changes to your photo." She got amazed and quickly showed it to the younger.

 

"You made it a wallpaper." Seohyun giggled back but her cheeks turned red, flustered to see herself. "Change that." And she demands for her to change it.

 

"Why would I? It's lovely." Yoona said as a matter of fact and she quickly put her phone into her pocket.

 

"Aish!" Seohyun stomp her feet and pouted. But the moment she averted her attention to the flower, the firefly flies away. "Oh, she's gone."

 

"That's okay. You have the flower anyway. She stayed because she wants to make you happy and give you luck." Yoona explained.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter