The President 27: Loss

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

27 | Loss

 

 

***

 

 

The early risers chirping, morning sun peeking behind the thick clouds, signifying of a new beginning. But one gentleman couldn't leave out of bed, oblivious of how good the morning for the country after the nightmare last night. His heart is heavy and head is aching the moment he gained consciousness. Memories from yesterday's events came flashing before her eyes, bringing tears to his eyes.

 

"I haven't mentioned to you, Soohyun, your Hyung from the past is Agent Seo's late boyfriend. Both enjoyed the job of protecting the mankind."

 

That information from his secretary however made his tears flow like a river. He wanted to scream and hurt himself as he blames himself for everything that happened. But he couldn't. He just grabs his extra pillow and sobs harder than last night.

 

--

 

Life must go on. That's how it should be and Yoong is aware of that. He stood in front of the press to personally give them news about the battle of terrorists. "I'm sorry if it took a while for me to stand here before your eyes. But we have to make sure everything fact." He pauses as he looked down to his speech briefly and face the press again as the camera flashes non-stop in front of him.

 

"As of seven in the morning earlier, we confirmed that the group terrorist called 'Ares' has successfully been eliminated. Two of their masterminds are dead while Donghae, who is in the hospital is heavily guarded. The rest of the members are in custody. At exactly eight in the morning also, the country is officially safe from any harm and that flights from here and abroad are open. Ships are back on their sailing and everyone can go out without worries. Security will not be as tough but we will continue serving our people to make sure no one from anywhere in the country will try to make harm us. Unfortunately, in return for everyone's safety, we have fallen soldiers. And I ask everyone to take a moment of silence of prayers for them... " He pause as he bowed his head and close his eyes to take a moment of prayer for three agents that died on the mission. It's heavy for him to take it but He can't be weakened by this and stayed strong in front of everyone.

 

"I will make sure that their families will have a peaceful funeral for their love ones. And that, they deserve the honor from serving this country. Without their sacrifices we wouldn't have this freedom. I personally am proud to see we got these guys but this will be the last. I promise to keep this country safe without lives taken. We will continue to fight terrorism." He continued and finished his entire speech without giving the press a chance to ask. He bowed and left, ignoring their please, to answer their questions.

 

 

***

 

 

"He is doing alright; I don't think his health is bothering him."

 

"President Im is the best. I've never seen someone like him, who will take all criticism but still nailing his job."

 

"He is really the President we all need."

 

"And more positive feedback." Secretary Kim ended it with a big smile on her face. She didn't the feedback from netizens will be better than the last two days. She expect criticism again since the Blue House didn't released any statement about the health issue. "Do you know where can I see you after this? Number one president of the country has ever got." She added and giggles.

 

Yoong is busy having his lunch that it's music to his ears all the feedbacks he received. But it's hard to smile when they have fallen heroes. He wished to turn back the time and somehow be with them on that mission so he can experience how hard it was to be like them.

 

"Aigoo, I know it's hard to accept the truth especially that someone close to you was one of them. But let's keep going, shall we?"

 

"I have to visit their funerals today."

 

"That's where we spending your schedule today. Next week will be busier as you will be the one sending them off as the commander in chief. So, eat up, get a complete energy as you will be needing that in the coming days. Himnae, Mister President!" Secretary Kim cheered on brightly.

 

Yoong smiled a little. "It's my honor."

 

 

***

 

 

"I miss Agent Seo." Despite having lunch in a barbecue restaurant with her fellow Agents, Tiffany couldn't bring herself bright after the mission as it feels so empty without Seohyun.

 

"Me too." Sooyoung can't agree more with her as she sighs while munching on her meat. She recalls the days where they would spend the night over in their training ground, laughing and doing good conversations. Agent Seo may have only joined them for that mission but she feels like she has known her for years. She has a lot of wisdom that she couldn't believe she's one year younger. "If she's here with us, pretty sure she's the happiest. I mean she's the one who is so eager to start the mission and ended it successfully."

 

"She's proud and happy for sure because we were able to eliminate the enemies successfully." Amber shares her thoughts also.

 

"Aigoo, we're supposed to be enjoying this rewad we got." Soongkyung scolded, couldn't believe the table got gloomy after Tiffany shared her thoughts.

 

"Agent Lee, we understand you are not that close with her. But a little respect for her, Hmm?" Taeyeon scolded back as she shakes her head.

 

"Let's make a toast." Joohyuk got his shot glass and hold it up. "For Agent Seo and the better future of our country!"

 

Everyone got their glass up to make the toast. "For Agent Seo and this country!" And they chorused.

 

As they returned to their meal peacefully, Tiffany almost choke when she saw the door opens and President Im walked in. "Omo, Omo, Omo, The President is here." She pointed to him but quickly got on her feet and followed by the others to give him a salute.

 

Yoong returned the respect before he asked them to take their seats. His security brought an extra for him to take his seat. "How are you guys doing?" He asked them first.

 

"We're doing fine, Mister President. Thank you for this." Tiffany gratefully answered. She felt shy but she wanted to do it in behalf of her fellow agents.

 

"I'm glad you guys are doing great. Um, I am here because I want to personally thank you guys for doing a great job last night. Despite the risk, you are all brave there and take them down. I... Am proud to each one of you. I appreciate all the sacrifices just to bring safety to our people. Thank you also because for just two weeks you guys welcomed and accepted Agent Seo like someone you guys knew for years. She's maybe not with us right now but I'm sure she's happy and proud of you guys. So, I look forward for more of these meeting. It's good to see group of brave people in front of me, supporting my work to bring safety for this country." He ended it with a proud smile. Then he got up and bowed so deep in front them.

 

Sooyoung quickly got on her feet also and bowed, which everyone copies.

 

 

***

 

 

It was another long day. But unlike the past two days, Yoong still has the energy and he ask the driver to take him to a nearby park. But before they can even reach that, he noticed a kid is in the side of the street, crying so hard, calling his mother. "Hold on." It was lucky that they're apparently stopping for a traffic that he immediately stepped out of the car and approach the kid. He lowered himself to talked to him. "Hey little fella. Why are you alone?"

 

"Omma..." The Kid called out his mother's name so loud while crying.

 

Yoong looked around but there's no one nearby and he looked like he is lost. "Do you want to go to Omma?" He asks softly as he wipe his tears away.

 

"Yes." The boy said but he continues to cry.

 

"But in one condition." However, the young President has something in mind.

 

"Whaaaat?"

 

Yoong smiled in amusement. "Stop crying first and I will take you to your mom." He asks him.

 

The little boy automatically shut his mouth as he tried to stop crying but his tears are still apparent while he pouts sadly.

 

"There. There. You'll be alright." Yoong wiped his tears away for the last time as the little boy slowly calms down. He smiled when he also smiled at him.

 

"Mister President! The traffic has changed!" His driver called out so loud on him. He got up and offered his hand for him to take.

 

The boy gladly took his hand and they went to the car.

 

"Can we... Can we eat first?" But the moment the little boy took his seat inside the car, he asks for a favor.

 

"Are you hungry?" Ask Yoong in concern. "What's your name by the way?"

 

"I'm Jeno."

 

"Jeno?"

 

"Jeno." The Kid couldn't remember his last name.

 

Yoong caress his cute little cheeks and patted his head. "It's okay, we'll find out later. What do you want to eat?" And he casually asks him.

 

"I want to eat fried chicken, spaghetti and rice!" Jeno innocently replied as he got excited.

 

Secretary Kim who had been watching giggles. "Do you want to go to McDonald's?" And she already knew what's in the boy's head.

 

"Yes! Yes! Yes! I want to go there!" Jeno got more than excited and he can't stop moving his feet.

 

"We'll go there then. Mr. Lim, kindly bring us to the nearby fast food restaurant."

 

"Wait." Secretary Kim quickly took the face mask out and handed it to the President. "I know what's in your mind but safety first."

 

"You're always ready, Miss Kim." Yoong chuckled lightly as he received it but didn't put it on yet.

 

"I'm your secretary for nothing." Secretary Kim winked at the President through the mirror the latter smiled and shake his head.

 

"You guys are dating?" Jeno suddenly asks and the young gentleman next to him just automatically wave his hands in front of him.

 

"No, no, no she's not. She's my secretary. She's working for me." Yoong explained to the little. "Where did you get that from?" And it amuses him how the latter knows such thing.

 

"He is dating not here, Jeno." Secretary Kim additionally says as she teasingly smiles to the President. "But he will see her later."

 

Yoong rolled his eyes and turned his attention outside the window, sighing in the process. It once again made him guilty for not visiting her earlier but he got a lot of things to do as the President.

 

"Who are you dating, Hyung?"

 

"Ugh, that's a secret. There are things that a little boy like you that doesn't need to know."

 

"Hehe Sorry." Jeno covered his mouth that instant.

 

"It's okay." Yoong smiled in assurance.

 

--

 

For the first time since he becomes a President, He finds himself sitting next to a little boy and watching him eat on his own but from time to time, he will feed him and wipe his cheeks and lips. He looked like a father to some costumers but gladly they can't recognize him with a face mask on.

 

He actually reminds him of his childhood that he can't resist and enjoy the moment taking care of him. It's like feeding young Yoong that he deserves. He felt great.

 

Secretary Kim didn't come with them and just wait outside and enjoy watching the young president feeding a little boy. He looks happy doing it in a public place but the kid was more than happy to be able to eat he is craving for. "They looked like a father and son." She took her phone out and capture their moment together and sent it to someone who might love to see it.

 

"Hyung, can I ask a toy?" Jeno just couldn't missed it and wants to get at least one of McDonald's toys.

 

"Yeah, sure. I was actually planning to buy you that. Hold on." Standing on his feet, the young President went to the counter to line up. He keeps glancing to Jeno to make sure he won't leave nor be naughty. But he was just behaving, sitting on his seat while enjoying his cold drink. He would smile at him and wave his little hand and he will return it.

 

A cute smile formed in his lips behind his face mask. It's just fluttering him to be able to give smiles on his face.

 

"There you go." He returned to their table to give the toy he bought and the latter surprises him when he bows so deep and thanked him. "You're welcome Jeno. Now let's go to the police station and ask for help about you, Hmm?"

 

"Yes!" Jeno playfully did a salute.

 

"Where did you learn that?" Yoong chuckled in amusement.

 

"I saw it on TV." Jeno replied with a big smile. "One day I will be a soldier too." And he did the salute again earning giggles from costumers around them.

 

Yoong ruffle his hair gently and said, "Brave little one here."

 

"How about you, Hyung? What do you do?" Jeno innocently asked.

 

"Well, I... " The young President pause as he remembers his dream when he was a child. It was just simple unlike what he is like now. But he loves what he is doing at the moment. "I am a nurse." He said and the latter showed two thumbs up. "Come on, let's get going." He chuckled and got, taking his hand again as they left the place casually without being recognized.

 

"You got a new toy, eh?"

 

"Yes, Noona. Hyung bought me. I'm really happy!" Jeno said in glee.

 

Yoong just couldn't stop smiling as they headed to the police station. But just as they arrived there, a young woman quickly greeted Jeno with tight hugs and kisses as she cries in her son's arms. Jeno also cried but he stopped when he thought about the young gentleman who helped him. He was about to call him when he realizes he is no longer standing behind them.

 

"Omma, there's this good Hyung who helped me got here. He disappears so fast." Jeno keeps trying to see outside but it was dark to see him.

 

"Should have thanked him." The young mother said. "But you're here with me, it's more than important." And she cried once again as she hugs him tightly.

 

Yoong was watching them from the car, couldn't hold back and gets emotional. That mother love he never experienced is such a disappointment. "Let's go Mr. Lim." But before he ends up cursing his parents, he quickly asks the driver to drive.

 

 

***

 

 

Exactly 24 hours has passed since Seohyun was brought to the hospital, Yoong decided to call it a day by visiting the person who can't leave his mind. He was supposed to follow him to the hospital since she was shot but he was asked to wait for a day to make sure the security. Now that he's finally visiting her, it's suddenly hard to believe that she survived from that shot but she's apparently on critical condition that he can only watch her from the outside. He was right about the bullet that reached her heart.

 

"She's actually a fighter Mister President. We thought she wouldn't survive as we performed twice CPR from the operation but she did. One day, she will wake up but we can't tell when."

 

"Keep me updated on her progress." Yoong said as he heavily sighs. It hurts to see her with the ventilator but he can't also take it if she didn't make it in 24 hours. She's a fighter indeed. 'Seohyun, I'm so proud of you, Baby. So please, wake up. Your mission is not yet over. But your mission will not be that dangerous anymore. You are back to me as my Security Agent again. Isn't that what you have come for? I'll be just here. I'll be waiting whenever you wake up. Oh, by the way, I met a boy earlier and he reminds me of my childhood. He was so cute. You would've love to see him too.'

 

"President Im, would you like me to buy you food? You haven't eaten dinner." Secretary Kim got worried as they head straight to the hospital to finally visit Agent Seo. He doesn't look tired however but he might be hungry at the moment.

 

"Can you buy me fast food instead? I'll eat it here." Instructed Yoong and flashes a friendly smile to his Secretary.

 

"Coming right up." Without further ado, Secretary Kim left to get the doe-eyed his meal.

 

Once he's alone,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter