The President 02: Yoongie

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

02 | Yoongie

 

***

 

The sun is bright and the sky is blue. You can hear birds chirping every corner of the palace's compound. Air is fresh and everyone is all smiling. But the bright and brand new day isn't noticed by someone, who had been thinking over the unexpected 'special' treatment and the fact that the President seems not the type of person she thought would obey the roles himself, after learning he goes out during the night.

 

'I'm pretty sure he got that back pain from strolling the night before.' However, she concluded the back pain the president is experiencing isn't just normally occurred. 'Well, I'm glad to finally meet him in person.'

 

"Hey, Seo Joohyun. Earth to Miss Seo... "

 

"Yes?"

 

Hyoyeon chuckled at the late reaction coming from the new recruit, like her. "You've been spacing out since you arrived the cafeteria. What's bothering you?"

 

"And you were the last to follow. Where did you go?" Donghae butted, taking his seat next to Hyoyeon and across the young agent.

 

"Oh, nothing. I just... " Seohyun was about to mention she was being ask to follow to the President's office when she thought it's not necessary to share it anymore. "I just went to grab my purse. Yeah, I did. You know, cafeteria here seems expensive." She lamely denied.

 

Donghae and Hyo looked into each other's eyes then back to her.

 

"Are you okay? This cafeteria is free for every Blue House's employees." Informed Hyoyeon. "Or you don't know?"

 

"Did you even read your guidelines?" Donghae chuckled lightly.

 

"Eh?" Seohyun felt stupid. "Hahahaha! Of course I do. I just really need to get my purse. It wasn't like I will pay."

 

"Weird." Donghae and Hyo both commented.

 

"Anyway, enjoy the meal, guys." Grabbing her chopsticks and flashes them an awkwardly smile, she felt hot out of embarrassment as she turned to pay attention to her meal.

 

Their table got quiet for about 5 minutes, when Hyoyeon suddenly speaks.

 

"Can we drop the honorific? I felt awkward knowing that I am older than you, Seohyun-ah."

 

"Me too. I am the eldest here." Donghae second the motion, grinning to the two ladies.

 

"Should I call you guys Unnie and Oppa, then?" Seohyun is happy she finally finds friends.

 

"That's even better." Hyoyeon and Donghae smiled as they said it together.

 

"15 minutes left." An announcement was heard over the speaker, which indicates they all have minutes left before the President comes out. And that also means, they have to finish their meal within that, so they will be in their designated places before the President do so.

 

"I wasn't told they are too strict here." Hyo can't help and comment as she fastens her pace.

 

"What agency did you came from?" Donghae playfully asks as he chuckles in the process.

 

Seohyun who is used to kind of strictness had nothing to complain and just casually and comfortably eat her meal without hurrying herself.

 

"I heard another interesting about Mr. President." Donghae however slowed down his meal when something crosses his mind.

 

"Whoa, spill it." Hyoyeon got interested that instant. Seohyun just doesn't mind and continue to finished her meal without any reaction.

 

"They say that He doesn't really talk to public or to important meeting without his adviser." Donghae's voice is lower, so he wouldn't be heard by the next table.

 

"Eh? Does that mean he isn't smart enough?"

 

"Exactly." Donghae firmly believed. "He seems not that really deserving for his college degree."

 

"So you are saying he didn't finish his bachelor degree with honors?" Seohyun commented and raise her brows to the two. She reads the profile well and the president received high honors on finishing his degree. "Cause that's what his profile says, right?" She finds ridiculous for Donghae to talked that way about the President. It's like; he wanted him to say that he's lying on his profile.

 

Donghae and Hyo both once again stared at each other's eyes.

 

"Well, I wasn't saying like that. I was just pointing out that the President seems need some help when it comes to talking. I just find it upsetting to know." explained Donghae with a small smile.

 

"I don't think that's right too." Hyoyeon supported Donghae but Seohyun just gives them a vague expression and once again returned to her meal.

 

"How about you share something about you?" Donghae quickly changed the topic before it gets awkward. "And we will share ours." He excitedly says.

 

"I'm not good at sharing mine. But I am an orphan. Kidding, hehe" Seoyun said without even hesitating. But her response got the two agents shut their mouth, as they stared at her with a surprised look. She chuckled and rubs her temple. "How about you then, Agent Lee?"

 

"I came from public servants family. And that's where I was inspired to work for the government."

 

"Me, I am from the province. Both of my parents are police officers. So yeah, I got influenced of their jobs and decided to take it. However, when this recruitment came, I got more motivated to be a protector of our country." Hyoyeon proudly shared.

 

"Wow." Seohyun smiled brightly. But as she wants to add more about herself, she was reminded by her brothers' words, that no one should know about them and what they do or what the family does. "I'm just one of normal kids, dreaming to serve the country. Both of my parents aren't public servants."

 

"What are they?" Hyoyeon curiously replied.

 

"They're both librarians." Seohyun once again lied. Her mother is a police officer while her father is one of SAF members as her brothers revealed years ago.

 

"I see..." Donghae bobs his head up and down in understanding.

 

"I think most of us here have the same mind-set in life, eh?" Hyoyeon giggles, happy to hear it.

 

"Yeah... I can see it." a smile appears in Seohyun's lips as she observes the others around them in the cafeteria. She can't deny the fact that they all wanted the job, and it's a great feeling to learn there aren't few in her country that are brave to take the job. In fact, she can see how happy they're to be in the job. Something that she wants to see in her home land as well.

 

 

***

 

 

After having their breakfast, each and every securities of the President went on their respective cars, including Seohyun. However, the young agent from the United States is surprised to see the President taking the same car as his. She's in the passenger seat when she saw the President takes the back seat and followed by his secretary. "I... I thought this isn't the presidential car?" She can't help and react and suddenly got nervous.

 

"Agent Seo, we always do this. So no one would detect where the President is apparently riding. It's one of the Protocols as well, if you have read it entirely."

 

Seohyun blinks and blinks, recalling the paper she received last night. But she realized she only reads few of it and didn't finish because of jet lag. "I... I apologize, Secretary Kim. I went to bed without reading the entire thing." she bowed her head in apologies. She shyly smiled to the President when she realizes he's staring at her.

 

"That's okay. Must be jet-leg?" Yoong chuckled lightly. He adjusted his seat and bit his lip as he smile afterwards, looking outside the window as soon as the car started.

 

"Quite, President Im." Seohyun said with a mental note to herself, 'Read everything next time.'

 

"How long was your travel from Washington to Seoul?" Yoong got curious and wanted to know.

 

"I didn't paid attention to it while I was on the plane but I read 14 hours and 30 minutes, President Im." Seohyun didn't expect to hear the question but she audibly sighs relieved that she was able to reply in an instant.

 

"I've never travelled that long." Shared Yoong. "If I will have the chance, I think I'll consider your home town." He glances to his new security through the rear view mirror, flashing his simple yet handsome and friendly smile.

 

"Why would... " Seohyun doesn't know how to react and her mind is blank as she couldn't understand.

 

"Agent Seo, Mister President here is just making you relax." The Secretary figured and she also smiles. "You look tense." She added.

 

"Yes?" Seohyun blushes. "Um... " she rubs the back of her neck as she finds the right words to say. "I was just... f-flustered that you are in the same car with me. I... I got nervous. But Thank you, President Im." she exhales audibly and mentally scolded herself for stammering because she isn't acting like what she planned for. But she's glad the President is kind enough.

 

"It's okay. I can relate because I get nervous myself too. Especially in front of the press and the citizen." Yoong shared softly. Again, he flashes the new Security a friendly smile. This time, the latter smiled back at him. 'They're right about her.' He thought as he takes note of the kind of shy smile he received.

 

"By the way President." Once the secretary shared the guidelines for the event his attention was averted.

 

Seohyun on the other hand is slowly relaxed as time passes. Especially that the President's attention is now to something else. While she's focus on the road and to his work, she can't missed and listen to the President, and his voice that's not only soft but also distinct. She then noticed that he's speaking the same sentence over and over again, which makes her check on him unconsciously, only to find out he isn't talking with his Secretary anymore, He is seems getting his self-ready for the event he is going to attend. She finds it cute and an unconscious smile appears on her lips. 'He is just one year older than me... of course he would be like a college student. But Donghae is wrong, he sounded like a real Bachelor Degree with his choice of words... He is smart, I can tell it.' Being in the same car as the President seems a good opportunity for her to learn more about him.

 

"Wait, can you dropped by a coffee shop?" Yoong requested.

 

"Right away, Sir." The Presidential driver replied and Seohyun on the other hand informed the other securities that are on the other cars.

 

As their car pulled over, the secretary didn't hesitate and he unlocks the door. But as she was about to open it, the new security stop her.

 

"Wait, Secretary Kim. I can do it for you." Seohyun got alarmed and she asks to do it. "Just tell me what you like to drink."

 

"No, it's okay. I'll-"

 

"It will not be a hassle, it’s just quick and to think, you still have to discuss the schedule with the President." Seohyun explained further as she hastily stepped out of the car. She gestured the President to roll the window over so she could tell him about the drink. "What coffee does you like, President Im?" She asks softly and politely.

 

Yoong is in disbelief. He usually just asks his secretary to buy it for him, but this girl just beats her to do it. This new recruit seems determined and he is impressed by it. "I love Americano. And please don't... " But as he was about to tell her to not bother paying it for him, she suddenly jogs towards the cafe, too late for him to do it. "Wow. What’s with her, eh?" He chuckles in disbelief again.

 

"She seems really a good choice, Mr. President." The Secretary mentioned, rolling the window car down.

 

Yoong looked back to his secretary and smile, proudly. "She is." He turned to see the girl again and mumbles. ‘I hope she keeps doing it.’

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun is now waiting for the order while keep her eyes constantly moving from the barista to the President's car. She's relieved the window is already close, or people might see him.

 

"Here's your order."

 

As the barista handed the plastic cup of coffee, she hand her cash and did not wait for the change anymore, as she heads to back to the President almost immediately. She handed it inside the car, instead of outside.

 

"Thanks, Agent Seo." Yoong gratefully says as he took his coffee. For the first time as the President, one of his Securities bought him a coffee and it gives him a first impression over the new recruit. 'I can't get use to this.' But he sure doesn't want to take advantage of it, when he's the President.

 

"You're welcome, Mister President." Seohyun replied cheerfully.

 

 

***

 

 

Part of being a Security Agent is not only to always be on alert and protect the leader of the country, it is also part to be patient. Patience over an event that will sometimes take 3 hours or more. And they are not required to take a seat or to even leave their posts, as long as the President is present.

 

"It's good there are no protesters so far on his term." Hyo who can't take not to talk, speaks over her earpiece that she intentionally sends to Seohyun, who is near the gate of the event, together with the other Securities, while and her group is near the trees around the ground breaking event.

 

"Wasn't she loved by many?" Seohyun responded. She's surprised to hear it after an hour of silence of their job.

 

"Yep. That's why I love him too." Hyoyeon giggles. "It's not only me who is crazy over him."

 

"You accepted the offer indeed because of him." Seohyun is amused. She's glad to find a new friend that will company her.

 

"I voted for him, honestly."

 

"And why?" Although she knows it will be a nonsense answer, she still asks. At least she wouldn't be that bored while on the job. The sun is hot at the moment, but good thing she took her vitamins and it's alright to be under the sun. She had to been to a lot of deserted countries for a mission, so it's just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter