The President 01: Seo Joo Hyun

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01 | Seo Joo Hyun

 

***

 

It's the time of the year again, where students of University of California poses in front of the camera with their parents, classmates, close friends, school mate, their crushes, girlfriends, boyfriends and even with their professors and school staffs, wearing their graduation gowns. Everyone are laughing, smiling, showing their best outfits inside their gowns, duck face, and jumping so high so they could put the photos into a frame and hang it or place them on top of their night stands or Post them on social media sites. Graduating in a University has never been this fun until gadgets arrived. The last time, I witnessed one, a lot of cries of emotional students and parents took place. It's totally a different era. But speaking graduates... Who am I kidding myself? I mean, FINALLY! Like after freaking five years of being nerd, no not literally. Just love studying and football, and volleyball, and Taekwondo, Judo, and sometimes UFC. So yeah, I'm not a nerd.... Hell yeah! I am not one of the graduates! But not one of those - I mean, I'm all alone. Yep, All alone finishing College!

 

"Well ing done, SEO JOOHYUN!"

 

"Excuse me, Are you Miss Seo?" Seohyun slowly put her hands down after she yells it to the crowd of graduates in front of her composes herself and slowly turned to face an unknown white guy.

 

"Are you... Talking about me?" She raises her eyebrows and pointed herself at the same time. She wasn't sure if it's her he's talking to when she doesn't know him.

 

"You are Seo Joohyun, right?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Good. I'll be able to hand this to you finally." The white guy handed a red small envelope that may contains a card that confused her.

 

"Eh?"

 

"I mean, I've been searching for you around in this crowd. I'm glad I didn't give up. So here, take the card."

 

"Okay... From whom?" Seohyun reluctantly takes it and was about to ask again when the latter just immediately runs away. "Weirdo." She mumbles as she put her graduation hat on her head first and just casually opens the card.

 

Congratulations, Our sister!!! We are all so proud of you!!!

- Your No Direction Brothers

P.S. Follow the map behind this card if you want to know us and at the same time, let's CELEBRATE!!!

 

"I have siblings?" Seohyun can't able to comprehend the card. She thought her parents only have one child? "Where the did this come from?" And to think of it, her parents died in a car crash together without telling her she has siblings... Especially, "Brothers?" all of them are male? "This is too absurd." As she flips the card, a car key can also be found.

 

 

***

 

 

Huge and modern house greeted her clear and crystal pair of eyes once she arrived. is open wide, couldn't somewhat believe that her brothers owns the house. "I'm... not dreaming... Am I?" thinking she's just dreaming the entire time, she took her phone out and take a photo of herself with the mansion behind her and send it to her roommate in her dorm who immediately called her back.

 

[WHERE THE ARE YOU???!!!]

 

She closed her eyes tight and moves away from her smartphone with the impact. "I'm not indeed dreaming." She is now convinced it's the reality and there's a possibility that she suddenly has brothers she hasn't seen before. "Aigoo, if this is just a scam, I would really flip them all." she took a deep breath in and out slowly, as she hesitantly pressed the doorbell. She almost squeal once she pressed it successfully if she did not hold herself and composes her posture again. 'Omma, Appa... you guys are so rude, leaving me alone without telling me I have brothers.' She thought while waiting anxiously and patiently.

 

It's kind of upsetting for her that her parents did not even tell her. She has to experience everything in life just to continue her studies. A total of 20 different jobs accepted her and helped her big in her studies. If she learned it beforehand, she would have gone through tough times and will easily get her degree now. 'Aish, I hate you guys... ' She sighs and looked up to the big house again. "I wonder what are their jobs? They even gave me a red car."

 

Taking a step two backwards, she is startled when the gate slowly opens. Her heart started being nervously, as a lot of images is now floating on her head, imagining her brother's different job as well. 'They are probably a doctor? A lawyer? Engineer? Civil Engineer? Marine Engineer? Business man perhaps? Or... police? Nah, I doubt they're police officers. The salary is not that enough to buy this... big house...'

 

"Miss Seo?" A middle-aged man butler suddenly approaches her, wearing tuxedos. "Welcome to the Seo Residence. We're glad to see here, finally." And he gives her a way like she's a princess.

 

Awkwardly smiling, Seohyun bowed her head and walks casually inside. 'Or maybe they're politicians?' She thought, looking up to the house again and smile to the man.

 

"Before anything else, my name is Kim Soo Min. I'm the head of the house. So you can call me every time you want if you have some questions or if you want to do something." The man said, introducing himself as she stretched his hand.

 

"I'm... S-Seo Joohyun." Seohyun introduced herself in a shy voice, shaking their hands together gently. "Um, can I ask you something Mister Kim?"

 

"What is it, Lady Seo?"

 

Quiet hesitant, Seohyun take a little while before she opens again. "What kind of persons are my brothers? Are they, I mean... what they do in life?"

 

Mr. Kim chuckled lightly. "They will answer that for you, Lady Seo. For now, let's proceed inside." He takes a step on the side, giving the young lady a way again to the entrance door, that's just a couple of steps more.

 

"Okay." Seohyun held on the strap of her messenger bag tight, following close inside. She got even nervous the closer she gets to the door. But the time she is inside and is meet by a huge chandelier, long stairs on the second floor, a wide living room with its couches and a flat screen tv, potted plants in each corner and the fact that there's a pool outside overlooking the entire California, it's suddenly relaxes her nerves. She has an unconscious smile, forming on her lips, as she continues to watch the view. She has never been in a house like that and it's suddenly a great feeling, being able to experience for the first time.

 

"Love the view, Dongseng?" A sudden unfamiliar voice can be heard from behind that quickly caught her attention, as she turns and face the person that calls her. But instead of one, there are four guys of them, wearing all wide smiles except for that one on her left, who is just staring blankly at her when the three says, "WELCOME TO SEO HOUSE, WE ARE THE, NO DIRECTION!" With hand gestures.

 

She couldn't introduce herself to them when one by one; they're introducing their selves to her.

 

"Siwon, The second eldest."

 

"Joong Ki, the eldest."

 

"Taecyeon, I can't tell you what rank am I."

 

"Seung-Hyun. Taecyeon and I are the youngest among the boys but you are our youngest among the Seo Siblings."

 

Siwon then took the poster from behind and presented it to their youngest sibling. "In short, we are the..."

 

"NO DIRECTION!"

 

 

Seohyun felt like laughing or anything but she thought it would be bad when all of them are so serious about it.

 

"Aren't you going to say something?" Joongki realized their youngest is just smiling without a word.

 

Seohyun quickly bowed in front of them and introduced herself. "I'm Seo Joohyun, imnida. Nice to meet you all."

 

"Wow, the reports are indeed true." Siwon commented, not surprised to see their only sister is too respectful.

 

"You're so respectful." Taecyeon mentioned with a shake of his head.

 

"Um, Just want to know. How did we guys become siblings? My parents, they never mentioned about having four brothers." Seohyun finally voice it out. She had wanted to ask it.

 

"Our eldest will explain. But let's not do it here. Let's do it in the living room." Siwon said and quickly got Seohyun's hand, guiding her gently to their living room. Joongki is following close while Seunghyun and Taecyeon left to the kitchen to bring their foods for celebration of their youngest sister's college graduation.

 

Sitting a bit uncomfortable, Seohyun paid attention to their eldest story.

 

"It's actually like this, our father, Seo Ill-kook is not a one woman-man. Meaning, we are all born not in the same mother, but to different mothers." Joongki just simply explained. "Your mother is the last woman our father has loved."

 

"So... He married five times?" Seohyun totally stunned.

 

"Exactly." Joongki smiled dorkily. "He married my mother first and had one child only with her. But Appa's work causes her life. So when he got a chance to fell in love again, he married Siwon's mother."

 

"Mom and him only has one child also and it's me. Due to heart failure, their marriage didn't last." Siwon pout his lips sadly, but in a cute way.

 

"Seunghyun and Taecyeon's mother is the third woman our father married."

 

"So they are siblings to one mother and father." Seohyun concluded.

 

"Yup." Joongki nodded and smile as soon as his younger brothers, Taecyeon and Seunghyun returned with maids, helping them with their foods.

 

"Damn this." Seohyun hold her head as she suddenly got headaches, absorbing all of it. But she suddenly can't be sure of it and ask for a favour. "Can you give me real evidence to make this believable? Because I swear! This is like a bomb to me!"

 

"Of course. Wait for a second." Siwon jumps off of the couch and went upstairs in a rush.

 

Taking the glass of juice from the coffee table, Seohyun gives herself a moment to relax, as she braces herself and ready herself to see all the evidences that will convince her. Who would have thought? For her 20 years of existence, she will suddenly have four siblings coming from different mothers. It's like in a movie but it's more than unbelievable to learn that it also happens in reality.

 

She sighs as she put her glass down and got uncomfortable again when she finds out; all three guys left in the living room are staring at her with wide smiles. "Wae? Do I have something on my face?" And she got insecure, looking down immediately to avoid their stares.

 

"Nothing. We are just happy to see you finally." Joongki reassured.

 

"Yeah, we've been excited to meet you, Joohyun." Taecyeon added as he put his arm on his brother's shoulders. "Right, Seunghyunnie?"

 

"Yeah." Seunghyun only says with a small smile and turned his attention to his drinks.

 

"He is really like that, shy." Joongki explained having a sip of his own beer. "So, what's your plan after college?"

 

"I'll... Answer that as soon as I am convinced you guys are not scamming me right now."

 

"Scam? Are you kidding us?" Taecyeon chuckled. "That's against the law!"

 

Joongki just smiled in amusement. "I understand... The modern world right now is full of trolls. Just like this guy right here." He ruffled Taecyeon's hair and knocks his head.

 

Seohyun finally smiled.

 

"But the wait seems not going to take long." Seunghyun suddenly speaks that cause everyone to looked up to the second floor.

 

"The evidences are here!!!" Siwon is like a kid, waving that brown envelope in the air while he is excitedly coming down the stairs.

 

Seohyun gulped nervously, hoping all the evidences aren't fake, otherwise, she will run away. But her curiosity is making her stay.

 

 

***

 

 

"So... What can you say?" Taecyeon is smirking while staring to the speechless Seo Joohyun after learning everything about them for the past 2 hours now.

 

From the pictures, videos, birth certificate to their blood types, Seohyun can now convinced herself that indeed, they're her brothers. They made another DNA testing all five of them using that modern technology she doesn’t know and the result are all telling her that they are blood related.

 

"Well, I... I... Have to admit now... I have four brothers." She speak as she smiled not shy anymore but in relieved that they are not all trolls to do this to her. "But before anything else, I have one last question." She beats Siwon from speaking about a celebration for her graduation.

 

"Spill it." Joongki friendly replied.

 

"What are you guys doing in your life... To have this... Big house." Seohyun got hesitant as she wsnted to make sure she will not be offending them or so.

 

All four boys looked into each other’s eyes before they turned to their only sister with only one answer all of them. "Special Action Force for U.S. Military."

 

Seohyun didn't expect to hear it. "Pa-Pardon?" As it seems they are all like Doctors or lawyers to her eyes. Or even business men.

 

"Do we have to show you evidence so you believe us?" Siwon asks, grinning widely to their dongseng.

 

"I would love to." Seohyun said in an instant.

 

"Follow me." Siwon stood up and ushers the young girl.

 

Seohyun just willingly get on her feet but before she follows, she finished her drink. She didn't expect for the second time that Siwon is taking her to their basement, using their elevator. She stood next to the tall man, a bit uncomfortable because of their height difference and the fact that the room is too cold.

 

"Sheesh." Siwon noticed and he takes his jacket off and places it on her shoulders.

 

"T-Thank you, Oppa."

 

"You will get used to this once you move to this house."

 

"I'm not yet sure about that."

 

"Whether you like it or not, you will actually live with us." Siwon wiggles his eyebrows, excited to know their only sister better.

 

Seohyun could only smile shyly again. Shortly, the ride to their 'basement' finally ended. But for the nth time of the day, she is in surprise and in awe, because it wasn't like any basement. It's another room but not normal. As she can see a lot of monitors in the wall, and a wide while table is in the middle with leather seats on each sides.

 

Siwon then opened another room and she gasps to see all kinds of weapons.

 

"Are you guys-"

 

"Criminal? Of course not. Like we said, we are members of SAF, and we protect not only the United States but also the world." Siwon said, opening a video from a computer and play it.

 

Seohyun is out of words as she watches all four of her brothers are wearing a special military uniform, sitting next to each other while inside a helicopter. She suddenly got startled when she heard gun shots on the video. "What was that?"

 

"Enemies. Terrorists." Siwon confirmed.

 

"Really?"

 

"But none of them yet to hurt us. With everything we used protect ourselves; it's hard for them to defeat us."

 

"O... Kay." The youngest Seo had enough and she has no more words to say.

 

 

***

 

 

Seohyun can still remember it seven years ago - how did she ends up changing her path to be one of U.S. military officers and later she joined CIA, as her passion to serve got even stronger as years passes-by. All thanks to her brothers who are more proud than she is for herself.

 

And now here she is, having her own house and it’s her turn to invite her brothers over. Unlike the last time, it’s a farewell party she prepared for her own. But it’s a party that doesn’t include dramas—it’s more on just enjoying the night before it lasts.

 

“So when are you really going to date someone again?” However, the party got quiet when Joongki, the eldest asks her a very sensitive topic.

 

“Yah, you’re just drunk, Joong.” Siwon elbowed his brother and ruffles his hair, in attempt to change the topic.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter