Runaway 08: First Day

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

08 | First Day

 

 

***

 

 

Yoona pulled herself up and her wings hide on its own. "I-I... can explain, Mrs. Seo." She stammers, afraid the latter will be mad or will kick her out of the hotel room.

 

Mrs. Seo took time to process everything for a couple of minutes before her smile appears in her face. "I was just... going to hand you this tea. I know you're waiting for them too." She casually places the tray on top of the table and she walk around the deer's body and stopped in front of her with a teasing smile. "You... are on your mission, aren't you? So, it's not true my daughter is dating you?"

 

"No! I mean - I'm... I'm friends with your daughter-"

 

"She doesn't know you're a fallen angel?"

 

Yoona sighs and nodded. "You're too... right?" And she wanted to take the chance and confirm it.

 

"I'm not." Mrs. Seo confessed and took her seat at the edge of the bed. "I'm one of the senior angels... years ago. But I fell in love with a human, Seohyun's father and... give up of being an angel. They called us, Runaway Angels."

 

"Ru-Runaway Angels?" Yoona never heard about it. She slowly took the empty space next to Mrs. Seo when she patted the space next to her in the bed.

 

"You see, Angels, full blooded Angels are not allowed to fall for a human not even fallen angels. But when you do and you give up of being an angel because you wish to free from our world, they are runaway angels. Like the other cases, I turn my back on them to be able to focus on raising a family in Human's World. It was hard for me to do that but... I couldn't really leave my family. Especially when you have a little one that's too innocent to have no complete family." Mrs. Seo smiled as she recalls the moment, she gives birth to her little angel. It was the moment that changed her life forever. "Luckily, they accepted and respected my decision knowing it's hard to leave them... but the dark angels, they're against to it. " She turned serious as her stares averted to the moon outside.

 

"They're these angels that wants to protect the law and wants fairness for everyone. That night... the night when I was being abducted, they took the chance in taking my husband's life. They're supposed to do the same to Seohyun on the same night but one of the Angels saved her before they could do it. They couldn't save my husband's life however. And I accepted the fate. Seohyun... she was too devastated with her father's death... day and night she cries on her father's favorite rocking chair, calling his name and telling him how much she misses him...

 

...I thought it will just end in a couple of days but I just snapped out of reality that she had been doing it for three weeks and she skipped school for a month. I myself couldn't function well. I blamed myself... but I think Seohyun is more than blaming herself because she was there when her father died." She sighs and looked back to the young fallen angel beside her. "I was too afraid they will follow my daughter from my husband's death so I decided to leave and stay away from her. I lied about going abroad to work when in fact, I left to protect her. It hurts but I have to... and The House of Angels accepted me back but I couldn't go back to the way I was. I am no longer like you, with adorable wings and the power to heal. I'm forever a runaway angel."

 

Yoona is out of words. She felt what Mrs. Seo was telling her. And she suddenly wants to cheer her up. But before she can do it, Mrs. Seo beats her.

 

"Everything has change now and I am grateful that I and my daughter are doing fine now. Thank you Yoona for staying by her side. Whatever is your mission to my daughter, I hope you keep her away from harm." Mrs. smiled gratefully.

 

"I... haven't done anything, Mrs. Seo." Yoona felt ashamed because she's only been hanging out with her daughter. "I haven't figured what's my real mission."

 

"Sometimes just being with someone is enough."

 

"Huh?"

 

"You'll realize it soon. Good luck with that." Mrs. Seo patted the young angel's shoulder as she got up. "Drink your tea. It's already cold." She reminded before heading to the door. She stopped however when something crosses her mind. She her back and saw Yoona is now sipping on her tea. She smiled as she approached her back. "Do you know about Yuri?"

 

Yoona quickly put the cup of tea down. "What about her?" And felt nervous, thinking Mrs. Seo learned about the fall.

 

"What you are seeing right now with her is not her." Mrs. Seo revealed.

 

"What... do you mean, Mrs. Seo?"

 

"Yuri is a sweet and gentle lady before. She was even so excited with our wedding when she found out that her brother proposes to me... But ever since Seohyun came, she changed. And I found out, a dark angel is apparently controlling her right now. So, please be careful with her. If you see her, immediately call your Sunbae. She's a dangerous person."

 

"Yes, Mrs. Seo. I'll make sure she won't get near with us especially Seohyun." Yoona said as she makes a salute earning a smile from her.

 

"I know I can trust on you." Mrs. Seo said and patted the young angel's shoulder. "Go finish your tea now." She gestures and casually leaves.

 

Yoona bowed so big as she leaves. She casually took the cup of tea and finished it in one go. "Aigoo." She took a seat at the edge of the bed. She couldn't still believe what happened from the past. But she's glad Mrs. Seo trusted her and even supported her on her mission. It makes her determine to keep looking after Seohyun. Now that everything is clear, she will make sure Yuri will not get to touch the younger girl.

 

"Wait, I forgot to ask about Seohyun's ability to see angels. Well I think the answer was because of her mom being an angel... A runaway angel." She sighs as she imagined how hard it was for Mrs. to protect her daughter and to even give up everything for them. "She really loves them... there's no doubt it."

 

Moments later, Seohyun returned with the bracelet. She was so happy that she even ask Mr. Parker to put it on her wrist as a way of thanking him from joining her to the hospital. Yoona doesn't mind but it was time to go to bed again, she felt worried.

 

She decided to let Seohyun sleep first and then pretend she's sleeping before she opens her eyes back. When she's sure she has fallen asleep, she carefully left the bed and took she sofa as her bed. There's no way she's going to have bad dreams again like the last time.

 

'Sweet Dreams, Seohyunnie.' She thought with a big smile on her face as she closes her eyes and fell asleep a couple of minutes later.

 

 

***

 

 

Days later~

 

"Wooohooo!!! I woooon!" Seohyun celebrating voice is so loud that it brought some complains from the other passengers in the plane. She hurriedly got up and apologizes a lot of times. Not only to them but to cabin crew who scolded her from screaming.

 

After such embarrassing moment, she returned to her seat and couldn't look at Yoona in the eyes. The latter is staring at her with a teasing smile. She covered her face as she scolded herself as well mentally. It was just a stupid video game she battled with Yoona. But it was her first time she won. The deer was too competitive that she's a loser always. Not until she won and she was so hype of it.

 

Yoona is quiet, just watching the younger in silence while she's recovering from her embarrassment. But not before she thought of something.

 

"No." Seohyun lowly said as she shrugs the poke on her shoulder. She knows it's the doe-eyed.

 

"Come on." Yoona poke again. "You won't regret."

 

"Please give me some time first." Seohyun mumbles still hiding from her hands. It's the first time in a long time she got herself embarrassed for being careless.

 

"You know if you don't see this you will miss half of your life." Yoona joke and it took a couple of seconds only when the younger girl pulls her hands down and slowly turned her head towards her.

 

"What's that?" Seohyun raises her eyebrows when she was greeted by a candy but she doesn't know why.

 

Yoona then flipped it and smile sweetly. A quote that says 'You're cute, can I keep you?' was on the candy.

 

"Silly." Seohyun's lips finally curved into a smile. She took the candy and read it again as she giggles. "Where did you get this?"

 

"Yesterday, at the store." Yoona said and pinched her cheeks.

 

"Ah!" Seohyun yelped and sent the older girl a glare.

 

"I told you to move on right now. Don't mind it." Yoona reminded. "That won't really help you so keep moving forward and smile always."

 

Seohyun pouted cutely. "I just can't help it."

 

"I understand. But don't live with it for the entire day." Yoona said with a sweet smile. "Because that will cost you."

 

"Fine. Let's not talk about that anymore." Seohyun agreed and smiled back at the deer again. And she tears off the candy to put it on which quickly gives her the reason to feel at ease. Her smile never left her face.

 

"You look good with that; don't you know that?"

 

"No."

 

"Then you know." Yoona giggles.

 

"Should have stopped that game a long time ago." Seohyun regretfully said. "Wouldn't have done that."

 

"Oh come on. You won and that was actually good to see. You never give up and I'm proud."

 

"Chincha?"

 

"Of course."

 

"Aigoo. Where are we anyway?" Seohyun is sitting in Yoona's right, far from the window unlike the last time. She tried to see outside and noticed that it's already daylight. Which means, they're getting near to Incheon International Airport. "We're landing soon, aren't we?"

 

"It seems." Yoona looked outside too. "I can visibly see the roofs now." She shared.

 

Seohyun check her wrist watch and it's already 10am in Seoul time. "15 minutes left." She confirms.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, as we start our descent, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position. Make sure your seat belt is securely fastened and all carry-on luggage is stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead bins. Thank you.” The Pilot announced over the radio.

 

Yoona and Seohyun casually do as the pilot said and prepare for landing.

 

"Here." And Yoona offered her hand to the younger girl, as she got reminded by their first landing together.

 

“Flight attendants, prepare for landing please.”
“Cabin crew, please take your seats for landing.” The Pilot added.

 

Seohyun smiled and hold the deer's hand. She then closes her eyes and do the breathing exercise like her mom said before landing. It didn't take while and the plane shakes as they're slowly landing.

 

Yoona never been this comfortable but she likes how Seohyun is always holding her hand tight. She also closes her eyes and hold her tighter. It wasn't long enough and the pilot announced they have landed safe and sound. Everyone is casually getting up and taking their extra bags on the cabin and leaves the plane through a passageway.

 

"Wait. I forgot to change my slippers." Seohyun however noticed she's still on slippers. She didn't wait for Yoona's reaction as she returned to the plane and shyly ask the flight attended to enter the plane. She was easily granted and she hurriedly took her sneakers and did not mind wearing it as she left in a hurry.

 

Yoona who's waiting for their luggage keep her smile visible when Seohyun returned holding the two sneakers and still on her pink slippers. "Let me help you." She volunteered as she snatched her sneakers and lowered herself. She wanted to but she's afraid she'll sulk again that she decided to keep it to herself and help her tie her both shoes.

 

"This day will not be that good." Seohyun told the older girl, sighing in the process.

 

"It'll turn good, I tell you." Yoona cheerfully replied.

 

-

 

"KIM JUNG KOOOOOOOOK!!!" Seohyun is like a kindergarten kid who got hype when she saw her parents who fetches her from school. But on her case, it's her best friend that she misses for almost three weeks. She literally just jumps towards her which almost cause them to fall.

 

Jungkook is the happiest best friend too. He had been so lonely without her. And now that she's here, he took the chance to hug her so tight. "I miss you." And tell her how much he does. He misses everything about her, literally.

 

"I miss you too, Kookie." Seohyun said in response and slowly let go of the hug. "I think you gain weight?" She jokes earning a poker face. "I was just kidding." She takes it back right after.

 

"Where's your luggage?" Jungkook wonders but he and Seohyun immediately saw Yoona from the distance, pushing two trolley. "You let her push it by herself?" He can't believe it and he meet halfway with the doe-eyed, who smiled to greet him. "I got it." And he smiled back taking his best friend's trolley with her luggage on it.

 

"I was just happy to see you back." Seohyun defended herself. "I never ask Yoona to take mine too."

 

"It was okay. I handled it well." Yoona reassuringly said to Seohyun walking in between them, while they head out of the airport.

 

"I'm sorry." Seohyun felt a little bad but she felt good right away after the doe-eyed petted her head.

 

As they reached the car outside, Yoona was about to help them when Jungkook blocked her way. She sighs in defeat and decided to leave them away. However, Seohyun caught up with her. "No, it's fine. I'm taking the taxi." She told her when she took her arm and pulled her back.

 

"Are you sure? You have three luggage and the car is big enough to put them. Come on, it's fine." Seohyun insisted and she grabs the trolley's handle. Without warning, she push it hard until she reached the car back.

 

Yoona sighs and returned. She helped Seohyun put her own luggage to the trunk. Then after closing it, she was pushed inside the car as Seohyun took the passenger's seat.

 

"She's heading the same address. It wouldn't be that hassle." Seohyun told her best friend who is on the driver's seat. As if he doesn't know the doe-eyed is her neighbor.

 

"Of course. It's fine." Jungkook fake a smile as she glances to Yoona at the back seat. He the engine and slowly drives off. Being a student licensed driver, he is confident with his driving, especially that his best friend is with him. "How long it had been?" He strikes a conversation right away.

 

"Hmm?" Seohyun raises her eyebrows.

 

"Since we met." Jungkook added. "I wasn't really fond of my winter break."

 

"Is that because I'm not with you?" Seohyun teases.

 

"What else?" Jungkook rolled his eyes. He then offers his right hand.

 

"For what?"

 

"Come on, I miss you. It's okay to hold your hand, right?" He charmingly smiled without pulling his hand back.

 

Seohyun gradually took her best friend's hand and hold it. She smiled when she remembers what happened earlier in the plane. She quickly peeks behind her seat to see Yoona is looking outside the window. "Im Yoona. You miss Seoul?" She playfully asked her.

 

Yoona turned her attention to Seohyun and nodded with a sheepish smile. She actually looked outside when she saw Seohyun check on her at the back seat. She saw how the two hold hands earlier which was quite uncomfortable for her to see.

 

"Yah! At least say something." Seohyun chuckled.

 

"What else should I say?" Yoona chuckled back.

 

"Fine." Seohyun brushes it off and she composed herself back on her seat.

 

"Does your parents know about your arrival?" Jungkook couldn't missed it. He glances to the mirror and Yoona shook her head.

 

"They're not living in the city." Seohyun informed her best friend without a doubt.

 

"Seohyun's right." Yoona said and briefly glances to their holding hands. She quietly cursed on her mind and returned her gazes outside. 'Why they have to hold hands inside the car?' she seriously thinks it's unnecessary.

 

"But they know it's your arrival today?" Jungkook asked again softly.

 

"Of course." Yoona replied in an instant.

 

"When's your parents following?" Jungkook averted his attention to his best friend. She mentions about it through a phone call.

 

"Oh, in three days." Seohyun shared with a great smile. Finally, her mom is going to live with her in Seoul and she's excited about it.

 

"Nice. I will tell Appa then. He would love to welcome them especially your mom." Jungkook got excited about it. But his smile disappears when he was reminded about something. "Tomorrow... we'll know the result of our exam."

 

"That early?" Seohyun raises her voice. "I thought a week after the classes resume?" She isn't excited about the exam result.

 

"Nah. They want us to start the year reflecting on our exam results. Isn't that ridiculous? But are you ready to see it?" Jungkook teasingly asks his best friend who pouted and shook her head.

 

'I scored 99/100 from my last exam.' Yoona thought as she smiled quietly on her own, recalling the exam she did week ago. She thought she will score low but all her guesses are mostly correct.

 

"I know it'll be a bad result." Seohyun sighs and crosses her arms on her chest. She hasn't even told her mother about the exam they took. She'll be scolded for sure.

 

"Don't think like that, Seohyunnie." Yoona said it out loud which caught the two's attention. She smiled awkwardly but continued. "I know you'll get a good grade."

 

"I hope it's easy like that." Seohyun surely couldn't lift herself up, knowing how she answered the exams.

 

"It'll be fine." Yoona continue to cheer the younger girl up, oblivious that she's beating Jungkook from saying something. "But if not, then don't stop. Use it as a way in getting better. Someone told me failure is not a hindrance to success. It is an instrument to keep you strong and better. So, let's keep the positive vibes."

 

"Where did you get that from?" Seohyun chuckled, amused at how the deer always has the words to say to cheer her up.

 

"I told you, my parents." Yoona giggles. She glances to Jungkook and the latter sent her a glare. She quickly looked outside and sighs. 'It will take a while to make friends with him.' She thought.

 

"Your pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter