This Time: On The News

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

03 | On the News

 

***

 

Once again curious about the spaceship Yoona went outside the house to check it again. But before she can even reach to where she found the spaceship, she stopped when she heard noises coming from an engine. It came from the front yard, so she hastily checks what's going on instead of proceeding. She found two police cars that pulled over in front of their house and one of the car has a a young police officer, who came out and greeted her with a smile.

 

"What is going on, Taeyeon Unnie?" It's her sister's wife, wearing her usual uniform. "Why are you here and... "

 

"They're from the government's research group. I'm just here to accompany them with my partner." Taeyeon stopped in front of her in-law. "And according to them, there's a comet or something that crashes the earth last night. I saw that too, but never thought it will crash near your site. They just want to confirm if it's here. Do you mind if they search around?"

 

'The spaceship last night. So they're here for it.' Yoona thought and smiled. "Yeah, s-sure Unnie. They can." But she decided not to share what happened last night. 'They can't get my Sky.' as long as they're not here for the baby.

 

"Guys, you can search around now." Taeyeon shouted, confirming the agreement from the owner. "Last night, did you hear something?" And asked her sister-in-law in the process.

 

"L-Last night? Nope. Um... I and Seohyun sleep early. It rained, right? You know us - we both like rainy nights. Since we will have good sleep. Hehe. So yeah, I don't even know there's a comet. I've never check the news, actually." Yoona nervously replied. She keeps on glancing to the research group, hoping none of them will go to the backyard. Otherwise, they'll know the crash in her grandma's farm.

 

"Hmm, that's weird... because according to the news, there was and it crashed here. It even surprises me that it landed her. We'll see it then." Taeyeon smiled back. "By the way, how’s Seohyun?" She stepped forward and leaned into the girl's ear. "Did you tell her about it?"

 

"Y-You mean Jonghyun?"

 

"Exactly." Taeyeon leaned. "And did you come clean already?"

 

Yoona sighs. "Not happening."

 

"Aish! You're so babo! If you don't want to-"

 

"She already want to divorce us." The doe-eyed girl interrupted seriously. Taeyeon looked at her with a shock face. "I honestly want to tell her about Jonghyun and come clean like you have told me but... When she brought the divorce thingy... I got coward and I think she was right with It." she shamelessly lowered her gazes and sigh halfheartedly.

 

"Heol. You're seriously stupid. I thought you don't want to give up, eh?"

 

Yoona suddenly looked up. "Of course, I don't want to. That's why I'm taking this opportunity to continue our relationship. And to prove to her that we can still be together." she said with a confident smile.

 

"I don't get it." Taeyeon is confused.

 

Yoona was about to explain when one of the research group come to approach them, interrupting their conversation.

 

"Can we check also the farm at the backyard?" Asking Yoona if they could check what she is afraid of.

 

"You don't mind, right?" Taeyeon also asks the favor.

 

Yoona trailed off but she ends up agreeing. "Y-Yeah, of course. You guys can check it." Damn. I hope the spaceship isn't there anymore.

 

"Let's follow them." Taeyeon ushered Yoona as soon as the group have left to the backyard.

 

Yoona's legs got a little stuck on her spot, but Taeyeon went back and pulled her along with her. She couldn't do anything anymore and just go with the flow. Until they reached the farm. That's when she realized something. "Where's the spaceship?" And it wasn't only the thing that surprised her, the farm is back to its normal again. As if nothing has crushed it last night.

 

"What did you say?" Taeyeon heard the younger but it wasn't that cleared.

 

"Um, I was just telling that my grandma's strawberries seems not showing yet, when it's their season already. Hehe." Yoona sheepishly explained but deep inside, she's totally confuse what was happening and at the same time relieved that the government did not find it. The crash site is no longer there and the spaceship is nowhere to be found. She wonders if the baby have keep it (?) Or another alien did this? She hopes not.

 

"Silly." Taeyeon chuckled. "But yeah, this is weird... And it seems the news are not true. I mean look at the house's surroundings, it's very clear that no comet crashed in this site. I wonder if they just got mistaken it?"

 

"Yeah, probably. I mean, I and my wife are both sleeping soundlessly without interruptions. It's impossible it will crash here. The house should be burnt out now, right?"

 

"Well, thankfully not here." Taeyeon said with a small smile. She can see that the research group and now leaving the place with a bow to her and Yoona, and thanking her for her time. "Anyway, I think we'll just comeback to Seoul." so she wanted to leave with them also.

 

"Wait - aren't you going to stop by the house first? Seohyun, she's inside... and she-no-we... we are actually planning to visit you in your office for something. But since you're now here, do you mind having lunch with us, then?" Yoona put on her best smile, hoping she'll be granted.

 

Taeyeon take a glance on her watch and it's indeed almost time for lunch. "I'll my partner to drive the research group first. I'll follow you inside." she told her and then leaves her sister-in-law casually.

 

Yoona hastily returned to the house and went straight upstairs, where she expectantly can see her wife on her room, playing with Sky. But it turns out; she was reading him a book while he is sitting next to her and actually listening. 'So... adorable.' Yoona was agape but at the same time, she flutters to witness the little boy is behaving, cutely.

 

"Yoona? What took you long to come back?" Seohyun stopped from reading the little boy and asked her wife confusedly. "Where's the diaper?" And she noticed, there's nothing in Yoona's hand.

 

"Um, someone came. T-Taeyeon Unnie."

 

"Taeyeon Unnie?"

 

"Yeah, she's here and-"

 

"Why is she, here?" Seohyun never think twice and she stands from the bed, walking out of the room.

 

Yoona was about to follow when she saw Sky is coming out of the bed as well. "W-Wait." She decided to carry him in her arms and followed her wife right away. "I was about to tell you. She's here with some weird people searching for any comet or something." she said while walking downstairs.

 

Seohyun stopped in the middle of the stairs, which also stops her wife. She turned to look at the baby and then Yoona. "Are they here to search for Sky?" She asked, wondering.

 

"They don't know about baby missing. It's just the comet." Yoona answered. "They're not here to search for our, Sky."

 

"You think so?"

 

"They told me - it's about the crash of the comet." Yoona firmly replied.

 

"Fine." Seohyun brushed off. "But this is the perfect opportunity to ask Taeyeon Unnie if there's any report about the baby. Come on." and ushered her wife to come out with her.

 

Yoona sighed and kisses the little boy's puffy cheeks. "Don't worry; no one will take you from us. Hmm?" Sky replied her with a cute smile but he leaned in and tried to bite her cheek, she back away instinctively. "Oops, I know your teeth are now starting to grow there. But I'm not a teether, araso? We'll buy you soon." she reassured and kissed his cheeks for the last time and followed her wife outside.

 

"Who are they?" Seohyun asked once she felt her wife stood next to her.

 

"I just told you earlier. Taeyeon Unnie is accompanying them." Yoona replied and noticed Sky is biting on his finger instead. "I wouldn't be surprised when one day, you don't have fingers anymore." She shakes her head in disbelief.

 

Seohyun giggles when she noticed it too. "His gums must be itchy now."

 

"I know right? He even want to bite me. Aigoo." Yoona said and the toddler giggles. "Yeah? You understand me, No? Aha-aha-aha?" She bobs her head up and down, teasing the little boy. Seohyun also play with the baby through peek-a-boo. Sky would constantly laugh and copies her also. They keeps on playing with him until they heard voice.

 

"So this is the baby Tiffany was talking about?" Taeyeon finally finished her conversation with the government's research group and turned her attention to the two - no - to the three persons.

 

Seohyun, Yoona and the baby's attention all together turned to the source of the voice.

 

"Oh, Taeyeon Unnie. I'm glad you're here." Seohyun is the first one who greeted, smiling so friendly in the process.

 

"Yeah, Yoona told me you want to see me. I mean you guys want to see me. What is it about?" Taeyeon raise her brows, without unlocking her gazes to the unknown baby, who was staring back at her also with those innocent eyes.

 

"Oh, by the way, Unnie. This is Sky. And it's about him why we want to see you." Yoona explained, beating her wife to do it.

 

"Chincha?" Taeyeon finally switch her gazes to Yoona.

 

"Let's get inside. It's not good an idea if we talk about it outside." Seohyun offers, giving the older woman a way to their home.

 

"After you guys." Taeyeon smiled, gesturing to the two ladies. Both never think twice and leads her inside.

 

---

 

"Chincha?" Taeyeon exclaimed, as soon as she heard the story about the baby. She almost even spilled her tea. "How did you guys did not even tell us that there's a baby missing? I mean, last night, we did not sleep right away."

 

"It was too late. We couldn't disturb you guys anymore." Yoona replied and glances to Sky that was walking around their living room, making sure he wouldn't leave her sight. Like going to the kitchen or at the back side of the house.

 

"Yoona is right, Unnie. And we're busy enough to clean, Sky. We couldn't think of anything anymore." Seohyun stated as a fact. "So is there any missing baby reported yet?" she took a sip of her tea and also glances to Sky, who's now sitting on the floor, grabbing the slipper. She was about to rushed into his side when Yoona beats her to do it.

 

"That's not a food." Yoona took Sky into her arms and carry him back to the couch. "Here." She handed the remote control of their TV instead. But as soon as he tried to put it into his mouth, she instantly regretted and took it back. "Oops. Let's open the TV instead." she said and turned it on eventually. Sky pouted sadly and eyes watered instantly. Then before they know it, he cried so loud. "I think I need to bring him outside. He can't stay in one place." She did not wait for their reaction and took him again, leaving them in the living room casually.

 

Taeyeon sighed. "Aigoo, he's a bit naughty, isn't he?"

 

"I think his gums are now itchy. He can't stop grabbing everything around the house and put it inside his mouth." Seohyun shared her thoughts.

 

"Yeah, babies are like that. But anyway, let me call the station regarding this matter." Taeyeon took her phone from her pocket and called the station about the couple's request. As soon as she was connected, she ask about the baby. "Chincha?" But to her dismay, there's no report about it. "Okay, I'll take on this and create a report. Thanks for your time, Officer." she decided to end the call. "I was right, so far, no one hasn't reported about it, or none of the baby's parents reported to the police. Hmm, do you want me to report about this or would you like to wait for someone to approach the police and report about this missing baby?"

 

"Yoona and I talked about this. We'll just wait for someone to find him. For now, we'll keep about him."

 

"Yeah, I guess that's a better idea. Well, if there's a report about a missing baby to the other stations, we'll know about it right away. So... Sky? You guys named him, Sky? Why?" Taeyeon chuckled, as she finds it funny but adorable at the same time.

 

"It's just Yoona's random thought. You know, it rained a lot last night." Seohyun sheepishly replied, decided not to share about the fire and the spaceship Yoona was talking about. After all, she hasn't seen it and Yoona did not also mention it to Taeyeon.

 

"Tsk,tsk. You guys are really surprising. But anyway, you guys should bring him to the hospital. So you two knows his months old and provide him his vitamins. You know, every babies has their daily vitamins so they'll be protected by germs and away from illness. And do a shop for him. It looks like he is wearing Yoong's superman shirt ever since last night, eh?" Taeyeon chuckled at the end.

 

Seohyun is speechless for a second. "W-We'll definitely do that." But somehow, she took that as a note. They really need to shop for Sky. One shirt is not going to be a good idea for him. Especially that he's playing a lot around.

 

"So how are you guys doing? I mean, you and Yoona?" Taeyeon never missed the chance and proceed to tease the younger.

 

"Yes? About us?" Seohyun chuckled awkwardly. "W-We are good. We are... doing well."

 

"I see the hesitations. Just an advice... don't be too blinded around you, Seohyun. I mean, who knows, you might just missing a lot that you need to be aware of. In that case, you will know what the right thing to do is really." Taeyeon flashed her lip-smile before she took a sip of her tea.

 

'What does Unnie, meant by that?' Seohyun thought couldn't understand the older. "Yeah... sure, Unnie." But she decided to brush it off.

 

"Taking care of a baby is fun, Seohyun. So enjoy it before it lasts. Okay?"

 

"We're already enjoying it." Seohyun reassuringly smiled.

 

"Anyway, I think I have to go now. I still have a duty to attend. You guys just call me if you need help, okay?" Taeyeon stands up and so as the other, as she walks casually to the door.

 

"Thanks for your time, Unnie. We will surely call you." Seohyun replied and smiled.

 

"Just tell Yoona I already left. Tell the baby too that I will be his Aunt." Taeyeon playfully added, heading to her car.

 

"Yeah, of course." Seohyun chuckled softly, waving goodbye to the older, whose car is now leaving her sight. The moment she can no longer sees her, she went to the backyard and checks what's going on there. She just literally stop on her tracks and was agape when she saw Yoona and Sky are playing with the water, creating squeals and shouts as Yoona chases the little boy. She crosses her arms and shakes her head in disbelief. But somehow, she smiled, watching Yoona laughing all so bright again. Her heart seems to notice that again.

 

--

 

“I can’t believe you guys.” Seohyun came out of the bathroom with another fresh baby Sky, after washing her. But as soon as she saw Yoona by the door, she can’t hold back and shows how upset she is. She just passed on her wife, heading straight to the bed.

 

“I’m sorry.” Yoona follows. “It was baby Sky who got it first. When I took back the hose, he attempted to cry. I don’t want to see it.” But she has her explanation as well.

 

“You can just bring her to the farm, and play chasing game instead of playing in the water while the sun is up.” Seohyun scolded. “Do you know that it’s not good for the baby? And also, he doesn’t have shirt now. What are you going to put on him?”

 

Yoona sighed. “That’s why I’m sorry. This won’t happen anymore. I’ll get him new cloth then.” She walks out the room lifelessly, without waiting for her wife’s response. ‘It’s not like baby sky will get sick right away though. She’s acting like he isn’t strong.’ She thought as made her way inside the next room. ‘And to think, he’s an alien. He doesn’t have any reason to be sick.’ As she opens her closet, she search for another shirt and only saw one. Another superman shirt her mother gave this time.

 

‘Damn, Sky needs more clothes after this.’ She got it and was about to come back next room when her phone rings on top of her night stand. Doesn’t have any clue, she just casually approached it and check who’s calling. Her heart skips a beat and her eyes widened when she finds it’s the company that she had last visited. “Don’t tell me I got in?” clearing, she braces herself and answers the phone call. “Im Yoona speaking, how may I help you?”

 

[Miss Im Yoon Ah?]

 

“Yes, Ma’am.” Yoona couldn’t hold back and raise her voice. “I mean, it’s indeed Im Yoon Ah, Ma’am.”

 

[I’m calling from Donggu Outsourcing Company. Would like to inform you that you got into the second round of the interview.]

 

“S-Second round?” However, it seems she really has a reason to shout. “I thought that interview I had the last time is enough? There’s another one?”

 

[That was the first one. This second interview is from the General Manager. Then there’s another one, which is the last interview, with our President. It’s a permanent recruitment you’re applying, Miss Im. So we have to make sure you’re good enough for the position you’re applying.]

 

Yoona mentally face-palmed. “O-okay. I got it now, Miss. Um, when is my second interview?”

 

[Your second interview is in 2 hours. I hope you can make it.]

 

“In 2 hours?” Yoona automatically glanced to her watch. Two hours means, 3:00pm. “Of course I can.” But she smiled to learn that it’s not that hassle.

 

[That’s good to know. Just bring your valid ID to verify your attendance later. Thanks for your time. See you later, Miss Im.]

 

“Yes, thank you also for giving me a chance.” Yoona literally made a lot of bow and then ended the call. “Yes!” and celebrated with her fists in the air. She rushed to the next room hastily and handed the shirt. “Here, this is the last shirt. And I’m sorry again, Seohyun.” She bowed 180 degrees in front of the younger, showing her sincerity that she didn’t really do it intentionally.

 

“I’m sorry as well. I just want to avoid him getting sick.” Seohyun replied, while putting the shirt on, to baby sky. “Taeyeon Unnie, she also advises us to bring him to a doctor, so we can guarantee how old is he and we can provide him vitamins. You know, babies can easily get sick, Yoona.”

 

“I thought we could also shop him for his clothes, not just that. And by the way, I have another interview later 3. Can you take care of him first while I was away later?”

 

“Interview? I thought you got a new job?”

 

Yoona awkwardly smile. “Yeah, I thought so too, but they called earlier and ask if I can come for the second interview.”

 

“What position did you apply on?” Seohyun got curious. Yoona’s previous job is just an office clerk, which is not actually she should, since she’s an IT graduate.

 

“I…. I’ve applied to an outsourcing company this time. I applied the web developer position, which is a permanent position.”

 

“Chincha?” Seohyun exclaimed. “Like finally?”

 

“Y-Yeah, finally got the courage. Hehe.” Yoona rubs the back of her neck. She’s not too confident in her degree, which is why she decided to work to a lower position. But since she really needs to a job to provide her needs and Seohyun’s, she decided to take it. After years of being a college graduate.

 

“Well then, we should go with you later.” Seohyun smiled as big as she held Sky up on his feet.

 

“Eh? You-“

 

“We’ll go to the doctor, then shop for him, then go to your interview. Is that okay for you Sky?” Seohyun asked the baby instead and she earns his smiles and giggles that have some words she couldn’t understand. "It's going to be a busy day, then. Aigoo, so adorable." she kissed his cheeks and brought him into her arms, squeezing him, gently.

 

“Well, that’s actually a good plan.” chuckles the doe-eyed girl, couldn’t decline her wife have declared already.

 

***

 

Yoona just keeps on smiling non-stop while she's driving the car. She just couldn't believe what's happening at the moment. It had been five months since she last drove her wife's car, and right now is like turn of events. But she surely misses driving for her. Not because she likes her car, but because she likes dropping her off to her school and fetch her also after the school day. It was like that five

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter