This Time: Work

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

04 | Work

 

***

 

"Joo... Joohyun and I are not l-lovers. We... Are friends... " Yoona was able to think of an explanation after a minute of being stunned with Yuri's question. She can feel Seohyun's surprised look on her too but she brushed it off. "How about you, Yuri? Did you end up with your high school crush too?" Thinking the tan girl will only tease them - especially her.

 

Yuri doesn't know why but she's disappointed to hear that the two are just friends. What she saw from their high school didn't seem work? "Well, I did not end up with her too. She's in the U.S. now, dating some hot guys out there. Anyway, should I get you a fill up form? Or should you get it yourself?"

 

"What?!"

 

"Yah! I ask you about the contest, didn't I? And you are here because you have thought of it and wants to join the contest."

 

"What contest are you talking about?" Asked Seohyun confusedly.

 

Before Yuri can explain or ask her wife, Yoona grabs the girl on her shoulders and drags her inside the recording store. "Don't you think you are just too nosy, Yuri-ah?"

 

"What? I was just-"

 

"I'm registering. Happy? But don't tell Seohyun. She doesn't have to know coming from you. I'll explain it later for her." Yoona almost hit Yuri if she did not moved away.

 

"And you don't have to hit me, Im Yoona. Here." Yuri snatched a fill up form from her assistant and handed it right away to her friend.

 

As soon as Yoona got it, she went back to Seohyun outside, who's still standing in front of the store's stuff toy bear. And she can see her confused face but at the same time demanding her to explain. "This." And so, she started by showing the fill up form of the contest. "Yuri, my friend from high school. She happens to be working in this recording company. And she invited me join, knowing I was a singer songwriter back in High School." She flashed her infamous choding smile after explaining.

 

Seohyun finally understands. "So she's old friend."

 

"Yeah, from High School. I don't know if you remember her but she's in the same class with us in three of the subjects." Yoona informed.

 

Sighing, Seohyun shakes her head. "I only know few. And that includes you."

 

"Hehe, Looks like." Yoona doesn't know how to react when Seohyun mentioned it. But a little part of her felt lucky that she knew her from High School. Well, it took a lot of courage to approach her high school crush.

 

"So are you going to fill that up? We're still buying Sky his clothes and stuffs." Seohyun questioned. She's not planning to stay longer in the mall after what happened earlier.

 

"Hold on a second." Yoona said and left to see Yuri inside again. "I will still think about this. I'll just keep this for a while and return if ever I'll join okay?" She then turned and leave.

 

"Don't think it for long. The deadline is by next week." Yuri yelled after Yoona left, earnin the girl's hand waving in the air. She spotted Seohyun and made a bow to her. The girl also bowed, but only her head since a little boy is in her arms. "Hmm, not convinced Im Yoona." However, once the three left, she can totally say that the deer was just lying. Her hand was on Seohyun's waist, that doesn't looked like a friend without any feelings for her. She knew her friend had took her courage to approach her crush back then, but did not know if she had progress with that. All that she know was, Yoona failed to dance with her in their graduation ball. "So after we graduated, she still contact with her? Yoona better tell me the story how did she have her dream girl." She smiled, proud of her friend.

 

***

 

While Seohyun is busy looking for good stroller for Sky, Yoona who was holding the sleeping boy in her arms, takes the chance to roam around the store. She spotted something earlier that she wanted to check out and hopefully buy.

 

Her heart smiles so big upon confirming that the shirts that has 'Mom', 'Daddy' and 'Son' texts are just cheap like she never expects to be. And each shirt has their actual sizes. Yoona grinned so big, imagining them going on a photoshoot with these shirts. It must be adorable to see and must be a fun shoot.

 

"Would you like me to bring these shirts to the cashier counter, Miss?" The saleslady approach her and asked her, as if she heard her thoughts about buying the shirts.

 

Glancing to her busy wife to the other side, the latter is still busy, couldn't yet decide which stroller they should buy. "Okay. I'll buy it." She grabs her chance and told the saleslady right away. She never think it twice and follows her to the counter while giggling inside. She can't help it and kiss Sky's puffy cheeks. "You're going to love this my baby." Whispers her in the process. There wasn't any costumers except them, so it was easy for her to pay it and gets the paper bag, containing the shirts.

 

Going back to her wife, she immediately smiled when Seohyun glance to her.

 

"What do you think of this?" Seohyun however just like to ask her wife about the sky blue stroller. "It's not that big of size but it fits to our baby."

 

Yoona widened her eyes. "Chincha?" When she heard her saying 'our' next to baby. But her wife did not understood her reaction. "I-I mean... Yeah, sure. Our baby's​ name is Sky and the stroller is sky blue. It fits so well, Seohyun." She eventually explained with a teasing smile to her wife.

 

"Okay. Let's buy this... " Seohyun pause when she noticed the new paper bag Yoona is holding. Earlier, she's only holding three, but now they're four. "Did you buy something without me knowing?"

 

"Oh, it's just additional shirts." Yoona grinned so wide.

 

"For Sky?"

 

"For the three of us."

 

"Eh?"

 

"You will understand later. Just bring the stroller to the counter now. We're still going to eat dinner, aren’t we?"

 

Seohyun brushes off her curiosity about the paper and just comply, bringing it to the counter with a saleslady that accompanied her. Yoona followed closely.

 

"Give him to me." Seohyun decided it's time to get Sky from her wife. And the latter casually gave him. "He's such a heavy sleeper, isn't he?"

 

"Totally." Yoona said with a sigh in relief though. As her arms had been numb for holding the baby for an hour and half. "I'll pay the stroller."

 

"No. Use my credit card." Seohyun said, referring to her card that was from her purse, inside the backpack. She her back, allowing her wife to get it.

 

Yoona did not hesitates and she comply. "One day, it'll be my card." And she gives her wide a hint about her own card too. Being jobless doesn't allow her to have one. Even when she had her previous job, since she only earn a little.

 

"Just put your future card on hold then. We need it if Sky gets sick or one of us." Seohyun reminded, earning her wife's nods. The latter then pays for the stroller and got their item.

 

---

 

Since they're saving, Seohyun decided to bring her wife and Sky, who's now so much alive again after seeing them again, in a ramen store.

 

"Aigoo, we bought so much for Sky." Yoona sighed as she looked at the paper bags and the stroller. All bags contains shirts, shorts, pants and underwear’s for an 8 month old baby. And most of them has superman logos, courtesy of Yoona's choice. They also have baby bottles, baby foods, shampoo, glass, teether, diapers and bibs for him. It feels like they have bought all the stuffs in the store earlier, for Yoona. But it was a good feeling when it's them buying it for their baby. Feels like they're now a family for real.

 

"These are enough. So we can no longer go back if we have forgotten some items."

 

"True." Yoona agreed, was about to put the ramen into when her wife stops her.

 

"Wait. Can you ask for a hot water?"

 

"Wae?"

 

"We need hot water for his cereal." Seohyun reminded again.

 

Yoona looked at Sky and the boy seems looking at her plate. "But Sky, he doesn't like to eat his baby food."

 

"What? You like ramen, Sky?" Seohyun looked down to the little boy that was sitting in their side and he smiled at her. "But no, you can't chew that yet." as if he understood, he suddenly pout his lips. "I know you're cute but it's a no, little boy. So get me a hot water, Yoongie."

 

"Right away, Ma'am." Yoona stood up and made a playful salute before she left their table.

 

"Baby sky needs to eat this cereals so he will be strong when he grows up." Seohyun said as she prepared the cereals to another plate. She flashed the little boy a smile but all that he is doing is pouting, while his mouth is busy biting his toy, at the same time, a teether.

 

"Here you go, Ma'am." Yoona returned shortly, placing the hot water to the table, taking back her previous seat across her wife. While the latter is preparing the cereals, she decided to play with Sky. "Give me a hi-5 baby sky." by teaching him some little stuffs. But the boy only looked at her with innocent blank eyes. "Oh yeah, you know this." so she demonstrate by giving herself and hi-5. "You do that but with your hand. Come on, give Appa a Hi-5." she once again showed her palm in front of the little boy. He only giggles, not leaving his toy. She decided to stop and return to her meal.

 

"You have to keep on demonstrating it until he got it, Yoona. One try isn't enough." Seohyun said as she put on a bib around the toddler's neck.

 

"I wasn't giving up yet though. My stomach is just hungry." Yoona explained herself defensively, earning Seohyun's smirk and teasing eyes. She scoffs and was about react when she saw Sky suddenly laughs at her. "Eh? What's wrong?"

 

"I think he loves when you frown." Seohyun teased.

 

"You're not funny. He isn't looking at me!"

 

"Where else, then?" Seohyun dared to ask. When she turned to see her wife, she almost laugh as well when she saw that Yoona has some stain sauce over her forehead, the reason why Sky suddenly is laughing. But she decided to keep it to herself.

 

Yoona once again looked at the baby, and the latter laughs again. "Seriously? What's wrong with you? Why are you laughing?!" she got annoyed and frustrated now.

 

"Aigoo, you can't understand if you don't see yourself in front of a mirror." Seohyun giggles and once again feeds Sky. The latter pause from laughing to eat, but eyes are still on her Appa.

 

"Don't tell me I have something in my face?" Yoona started to touch her face; from her cheeks, jaw to her forehead. Then she felt something, she grimace when she looked at her fingers that has the black sauce coming from her noodles. Sky suddenly laugh out so loud, she gives him a glare, but Seohyun also followed, making it worse for her embarrassment. "Aish." Getting up, she heads to the comfort room, leaving the two still laughing.

 

As Yoona stood in front of the mirror, she now understand why baby Sky is laughing. Her forehead is literally so black now when she keeps on touching it. And she even slides her finger across. "Tsk, tsk, you're laughing now, Huh? I'll get my revenge later." Turning on the faucet, she suddenly pause when she smiles to recall the laugh coming from Seohyun herself. It's been a while since she heard that - she definitely missed it. And it's a good thing she's now laughing. "What a scene I made." Chuckled her a little before she finally washes her face with the water flowing.

 

After she washed her face, she suddenly thought of the interview she should have earlier. She hastily fished her phone out and checks if she receives any message. She immediately opened when she saw an unknown number, and the message says;

 

from unknown: Hi Miss Im, this is from HR Department, I would like to inform you that your interview was moved for tomorrow a 9:00am.

It was because our General Manager canceled her schedule this afternoon.

We're looking forward for your attendance.

 

Miss Rio

 

"Whoa, so I was lucky enough." Yoona sighed in relief upon reading that she seems to be having it tomorrow instead.

 

***

 

"By the way, I did not tell Yuri because I don't want her to tease us a lot. I mean, you don't know her but that girl is the most annoying high school friend I have. It's like, everything I does is new to her, she always tease me. I'm sure you understand, right?" Yoona explained, upon recalling that she denied Yuri's question about them as a couple.

 

"It's okay. I don't think it's even necessary you answer her." Seohyun replied, even though she's a little disappointed with Yoona's answer. "We're divorcing soon, anyway." but she can't help it and reminds her wife.

 

Yoona si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter