This Time: Sky

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12 | Sky

 

***

 

The married couple hurriedly runs back inside the house and check if Sky is awake and if he is, they'll take him outside. But they arrived there just to see the little boy is sleeping so peacefully.

 

"Does he knows the spaceship is taking our power, Yoong?" Asked Seohyun, wonder if the latter knows, despite being too young.

 

"I don't think so. At least for now." Yoona believes. She gestures her wife to come out again and the latter walks out with her. "If he does, he would have come to see this, right?"

 

"Sky is still so young. How would he know?" Seohyun reminded.

 

Yoona stopped on her tracks just as they reached the main door. "Yah, remember, your son is an ailen. Meaning, he's not from here." she reminded her wife back. "Therefore also, he has different brain. Remember? He is starting to speak the words he can hear and he seems to understand what we are talking about."

 

Seohyun goose bumps as she recalls what he wife is talking about. "From all people, how did he end up with us?"

 

"I don't know." Yoona chuckled. "But I like he came to us." she opened the door and gives the way for her wife first, who complied casually and she follows right away.

 

"Do you think someone is searching for him right now?" Seohyun suddenly wonders as well.

 

"Do you think also that an alien is looking for him?" Yoona said and grimaced as she imagines Sky's ailen parents that looked like from movies.

 

Seohyun smiled in amusement. "It's going to be epic."

 

"I know right?" Yoona chuckled a little. As soon as they reached the garage, they were surprised to learn the spaceship is nowhere to found anymore. They both looked into each other's eyes, both agape and had no idea where did the spaceship go. Just then, they heard a loud crying voice from the inside. Hastily, they returns inside and found Sky is crying. When he saw them, he get up from his lying position and put his hands up while pouting.

 

"Aigoo...what's happening?" Seohyun took the child into her arms and the latter started crying again. She got panic when she realized his back is so wet. "Omo, he peed. Quick, get new clothes." she instructed her wife as she brings the latter to the bathroom.

 

Yoona who went to get new diapers and clothes, followed to the bathroom and watches as her wife undressed the boy on the sink. "This is ridiculous. He was just too peaceful earlier. Then when we left and check the spaceship, he suddenly cried here." she raised her brows when Sky looked at her with his cute pouting face. "Aww, baby... what's wrong?" Her heart just flutters watching the little boy. But as she tried to reach for his cheek, he suddenly cried so hard again.

 

"Yah! Just stay outside! He's not on the mood." Seohyun instructed while she continues to clean the boy's bum with the water and soap.

 

Yoona sighs and just complied in defeat. She checks the crib and quickly pinched her nose when her nostrils was greeted by the unpleasant smell from his crib. She felt so strange again because it wasn't that long ago they check Sky and he is suddenly crying. What's more mystery, the spaceship is nowhere to be found when they returned to check it. "Aish, still. Sky needs to know that his spaceship is consuming a lot of power." But there's no doubt, the ship is taking so much of their electricity.

 

"Yah, why don't you prepare the diaper now?" Seohyun returned with Sky, who is now calm but still sniffling. She put him down to the bed and Yoona place the diaper and the clothes next to him, and she began putting him into his new clothes.

 

"Hi, baby. Are we okay now?" Yoona's mind however changed when she saw Sky's expressions aren't still okay. Sky didn't respond and just keeps on sniffling. But his eyes are on her. She flashes him a cute smile and tried to cheer her up with a peek-a-boo, but still no use. "Seriously? What's up, little buddy?"

 

"He needs more sleep. That's what he wants to do right now." Seohyun told her wife, and she smiled in amusement.

 

"Chincha?" Yoona doesn't have any idea.

 

"He peed on his pants, which usually happens to babies just like him. You should have put a new diaper earlier. Why didn't you forget about it?"

 

Yoona chuckled. "So It's my fault now?" But in a sarcastic way.

 

"Aigoo, I was just stating fact. I am not blaming you for anything." Seohyun replied in defensive tone. "Let's not forget that Sky is still a baby, okay? He's indeed so much different from us, but he's still a baby. He pees on his sleep like other babies out there."

 

Yoona got nothing to say except for, "I'm sorry. This won't happen anymore."

 

"It's okay." Seohyun smiled reassuringly to her wife, as soon as she finished putting on new shirt and pajama pants of their little boy. "Here, put him back to sleep. But I guess, in the next room. I have to clean his crib." She transferred him to her wife and get up, not waiting for any response anymore as she went to get Sky's blanket and his mattress.

 

"Aigoo, back to start again." Yoona mumbles as she get up and brought Sky to the next room. Just after 15 minutes that passed, she successfully put the little boy back to sleep, but she has a proble, Sky won't let go from hugging her neck. She gently lowered herself to the bed and put him down, as she attempts to disconnect his arms around her neck, but it suddenly got tighten, choking her in the process. "Ugh, S-Sky, let go... baby. L-Let go... you're choking Appa." When it loosen a little, she managed to leaned back, but only to be pushed back again her face to the bed, next to Sky's head, when his arms pulled her down. "D-Damn it." she cursed under her breath. But knowing the latter won't forever hold her down, she decided to stay on her position for a while, and let herself drawn by the soft breathing she can hear from Sky. And the fact that he's hugging her just slowly melted her heart and she relaxes. She smiled, despite being in the uncomfortable position.

 

"What are you doing?" Seohyun walked in, confused what's happening to her wife. She walks to the side and the latter slightly turned her head and hush her. "Eh?" she chuckles a little. "Why?"

 

Yoona was about to explain when she finally felt Sky's arms are slowly loosening up. She took the opportunity and she slowly pulled back. A huge sigh of relief escapes her lips as soon as she freed herself. "He won't let go. I don't want to wake him up so I decided to stay like that for a while."

 

"I thought you are playing with Sky." Seohyun giggles and fixed her wife's hair as she takes her seat at the edge of the bed.

 

Yoona sweetly smiled as she took her wife's hands and kissed them. But she got engross and she started trailing kisses from her hand to her forearm, until she reached her shoulder - She almost cried out loud when Seohyun pinched her cheeks playfully. "Yah!" she exclaimed, couldn't believe what just happened, while she's holding the sore part on her cheek.

 

"To bring you back to reality. We're not supposed to be here just sitting. Shouldn't we search for the ring by now?" Seohyun reminded. It crosses her mind earlier when she's washing Sky's mattress and blanket. "You promised to help me, didn't you?"

 

Yoona had a couple of blink before she realized it. "Yeah, we should search for it. I mean, besides the spaceship that's missing again."

 

"Spaceship? Didn't we just saw it at the garage?"

 

"I check back earlier but no, I couldn't find it again."

 

"Are you sure?" Getting up, Seohyun headed outside, making Yoona to follow her. "I'm pretty sure of it. I felt so wierd even because it disappears when our son is awake... "

 

Seohyun suddenly stopped just as they reached the main door. "What do you... mean? While Sky is awake... the ship disappears?" she goose bumps at the moment.

 

Yoona thought hard of what she just mentioned. "Omo." And something hit her that she hastily runs outside and went to their garage. Her eyes widened as she goose bumps. "I... knew it."

 

"Holy." Seohyun also has her eyes widening when the spaceship is there, blinking like the last time they saw it.

 

"So... if S-Sky... is sleeping... This ship... "

 

"Appears." Seohyun finished her wife's idea, as she slowly shared gazes with her wife. "What does this... means?"

 

Yoona shook her head. "Don't ask me with that... because I have no idea why is this happening." her legs are trembling as she looked back to the spaceship again.

 

"Sky usually sleeps 8 hours that also means... this ship is taking our electricity for 8 hours at night." Seohyun concluded. "And four to five at daylight."

 

"This should be stop."

 

"How?"

 

"Transfering it of course. We can't keep our bill so high." Yoona said as she approached the ship but stopped when she felt warm almost immediately. But as she takes more step closer, it got warmer and warmer, until- "AH!" It felt so hot. She steps backwards instantly, afraid she will burn if she gets closer.

 

"Why?"

 

"It's too hot. It's like a heater or something, but it's too hot. I don't think we can even touch it." Yoona explained without a pause.

 

"So how are we going to stop it?"

 

Yoona turned to her wife, "Wake Sky up." But in a hesitant way.

 

"But that's just-"

 

"And let's tell him that his spaceship is consuming our power too much. I think he's not too young to understand that?"

 

"What if he doesn't?" Seohyun felt hopeless.

 

"Sky should know better because this is his. We don't know anything about this. Unless, an ailen suddenly appears and will help us with this?" Yoona can't think of any solution except Sky, stopping it on his own, since they know nothing about it.

 

"That's impossible to happen."

 

"Exactly." Yoona let out a frustrating sigh. 'Sky, baby, why are you doing this to us?'

 

 

***

 

 

Sitting side by side in the sofa, the married couple just couldn't stand anymore after they failed to find the ring. Since it will take a while for the little boy to wake-up, they decided to take their time and search for the missing ring around the house, and even outside their house, but to no avail, they could only sit back, weak and tired.

 

"How many hours have passed?" Asked Seohyun lowly when she felt her stomach grumbling.

 

"Four hours - time for lunch actually. No, it passed 12 noon already." Replied the doe-eyed girl while she's rubbing her stomach. "Do you think Sky will be awake at any moment?"

 

"I'm pretty sure of it." Seohyun said as she leans her head on her wife's shoulder. The latter's hand finds her hand and she gives her a gentle squeeze. "We'll see if Sky's ship disappears later."

 

"Aigoo... " Yoona can't think of anything to say. She's hungry and exhausted at the same time.

 

Seohyun didn't miss as she continues to gives her wife a comforting hold. "Sky loves us... I'm sure he can sense we're having some problem."

 

"And now you thought he will understand?" The older one laughs a little, as she recalls Seohyun couldn't seem to agree their son will understand their situation.

 

"I just thought of it... for the past days, he had been showing concern over us. That only means, he knows what we were thinking; he knows what we were feeling." Seohyun weakly smiled, recalling it over again.

 

"I really do think the same. Hopefully."

 

"Let's think positive, shall we?" She patted her wife's hand to cheer her up.

 

"Of course. But... our stomach. What do you want to do to our stomach first? I'm hungry, Hyunnie~~~" Yoona childishly ask for food. "Let's eat some ramen. Hehehe."

 

"You are cooking then." Seohyun leaned back from her wife's shoulder. "Then I will cook for our dinner." She promised at the same time.

 

"Right away, Ma'am." Yoona just hurriedly headed to their kitchen, leaving her wife agape and alone. But Seohyun followed her to the kitchen peacefully, either way.

 

However, As Seohyun watches her wife do the work; she stood up and helped her. But Yoona stopped.

 

"Come on, you just told me. Just sit back and relax, okay?" Yoona kissed her wife's cheek and flashes her choding smile before she took the pot and then resumes on cooking the noodles.

 

Instead of going back to her seat to wait, Seohyun wrapped her arms around her wife's waist and put her chin on her shoulder, making the deer to tilt her head and smile at her. She smiled back and peck on her lips. "I love you, baby." And sweetly whispers.

 

"Go check Sky so we can tell him about his spaceship." Yoona replied otherwise.

 

"Yah!" Seohyun hits her wife's back. "I was just trying to be sweet." And sulks.

 

"I know. But I'll rather solve our problem for now. That can wait later." Yoona winks and kisses her wife's forehead.

 

Seohyun's smile slowly broke into her lips as she felt giddy. "Fine." And she can't decline, letting go of her wife's waist and turns to leave.

 

"Wait." But she stopped on her tracks when Yoona's voice stopped her. She crossed her arms and turned to face her.

 

"What?"

 

"Check the spaceshi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter