This Time: Decisions

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

18 | Decisions

 

***

 

After sending a reassuring message to Tiffany and their friends, Seohyun then put her attention to her wife that she just caught staring at her without saying a word. "What's up?" She wonders why, because Yoona seems to have keeping something out of a sudden. And who knows she had been staring at her since she left her attention to her phone.

 

"Hmm?" Yoona raise her eyebrows, stirring her attention away from Sky almost immediately.

 

"Have you been staring at me for a while?" Seohyun asked with curiosity on her face.

 

"Me? Of-of course not." Yoona nervously gulped. "I just stared at you for a second after I feed Sky." and explained, shamelessly. The truth is, she had been staring to her wife for the past fifteen minutes since they decided to have dinner in a restaurant since it's a long drive home. And ever since she saw her wife's hair, just like Sky's, she had been bothered about it. It's the first time it happened and she never thought it would.

 

"Really?"

 

The deer-eyes laughs awkwardly. "Why would I stare at you for a long time? I mean, I can't do that always, can I?"

 

"Well." Seohyun shrugged her shoulders and decided to push aside what she noticed earlier. She took her spoon and fork as she resumes on her food.

 

'Aigoo... should I tell her or not?' Yoona thought as she audibly sigh. 'But what if it was just some imaginations of mine? Since Sky's hair were also glowing that time. Ugh, this is ridiculous. Shouldn't mention it anymore. Stop thinking about it, Im Yoona. You should think of a way now how to stop her parents from taking her away from you. Right, tomorrow. I'll face them.' She shakes her head a little and returns to her meal silently.

 

Seohyun then quint her eyes to her wife, as soon as she felt her gazes are off from her. 'What's up with her?' As much as she wanted to ask again, she felt that it's not a good time for it. 'Whatever it is, she needs to tell me.' She has this weird feeling that her wife has some important to say but she's quietly having second thoughts.

 

Suddenly, her eyes landed to her finger. She looked up to check on her wife again while smiling. 'So she hasn't really notice it? How bad.' She thought and cleared loud enough as she tucks her hair behind her ear, making sure the ring is facing the latter. She keeps on doing it until her wife paid attention.

 

"Hmm?" Unfortunately, Yoona didn't notice anything and just briefly face her wife. She feeds their son again as she completely ignored her.

 

Seohyun scoffs. "Seriously?"

 

"What?" Yoona returned her attention instantly.

 

"Don't you notice something, Yoongie?" Seohyun made a couple of tucking on her hair again while smiling cutely.

 

"Appa!" Sky suddenly called out his Appa and the latter hastily feeds him again.

 

Seohyun had a poker face as she witnessed the doe-eyes are not on her again. 'She's not noticing or she's just pretending?' She thought and again called out for her attention. "Yoongie. Look." this time, she took her free hand and holds it up, enough for the ring to be shown in front of the deer.

 

"Wae?" Yoona is confused, eyes not on the hand but to her wife's weird smile towards her. "Are you okay?" Chuckled her softly.

 

"I will be okay if you are not blind Im Yoona!" Seohyun unconsciously raised her voice and pushed her hand farther to her wife's face, causing for her to lean back. "You do realize something, don't you?"

 

Yoona blinks a couple of times as she slowly leans in again closer to her wife's hand. Her eyes are especially to the shining diamond ring. Actually familiar to her eyes. "Where did you... Found this?" She literally took her hand back and caresses it as she returned her gazes back to the puffy cheek woman of her life.

 

"Aigoo, finally you noticed. Technically I didn't find it. Minyoung... I was all along wrong about her." Seohyun informed as she gives her wife a warm smile. "She had been so kind towards us all this time, Yoongie."

 

"How so?" Yoona couldn't understand well.

 

"Appa! Appa! Appa!" Again, Sky is asking for food. Yoona rolled her eyes and took the spoon again, feeding her son casually.

 

Seohyun giggles watching her wife taking care of their son this time. "He isn't that hungry, is he?"

 

"Can you explain it further, baby?" Yoona feeds their son for the last time.

 

"Oh, Minyoung. She happens to found the ring and keep it safe on her care since Jonghyun... I mean, he tried to get this from her." Seohyun decided not to mention about what happened that night, afraid what will she do to Jonghyun if she finds out. Past is past and she has nothing to do with it. She just hopes he will not ever bother them anymore.

 

"Really? I knew it. It was all along because of him." Yoona scoffed. "I'm glad Minyoung never give it to him. Cause I swear, I will be the one getting it from him."

 

"Yes. But let's not talk about it anymore. What's important is..." Taking her wife's two hands, she flashes a sweet and loving smile to her wife. "We have the ring back and I promise, I won't ever lost this anymore. This time, I will be more careful with this... Because without this... I don't think we will be complete. I mean, it symbolizes my love for you." She whispers and leans forward, pecking her wife's lips.

 

"I'm blessed." Said Yoona softly, flutttering. "We are actually... To have Minyoung saving us as well."

 

"Yeah..."

 

"But I'm more than blessed, you know why?"

 

"Why?"

 

"I have a superhero wife." Yoona beamed and kissed her wife's hand. "I love you so much, my beautiful superhero wife. Please save me always from your love. You know your love is sometimes dangerous." she winks cutely afterwards.

 

Seohyun giggles. "Cheesy." But blushed either way. She missed how cheesy Yoona can be. It feels like they are on their first stage of dating. It suddenly feels so young.

 

"By the way, do you know how they never give me a shower for my three days of being stuck there?"

 

"Chincha? No wonder you smell stinks."

 

"What?"

 

"Hahahaha! But I love your smell no matter how stink you are." Seohyun laugh and so does Sky, mimicking her laugh.

 

Yoona crossed her arms and huffed. "I shouldn't have mentioned. I thought you are going to be empathetic." Sending glares to her wife at the same time. She rolled her eyes once the laughter from the two got even louder.

 

 

***

 

 

Long day and long night for Im-Seo family. They did not just spend time together as a family but also with their worried friends and families. Everyone are so happy to see Yoona back, as if she left for a year or something that they couldn't let go of her until the night got too late.

 

"Aigoo... I didn't know our friends especially Yuri got more worried than you." Yoona made joke while climbing the bed. But before she can reach her wife, the latter stopped her on her shoulders.

 

"You haven't showered." Seohyun reminded with playful grimace face.

 

Yoona rolled her eyes. But before she can leave, she stole her wife a kiss on the cheeks and quickly rushed to the bathroom not missing to get a towel before she headed straight. The moment the water runs into her bare skin, she feels like in heaven for the first time. Everything felt so good for her and that cause her to forget about cuddling her wife first and enjoy her shower for the next hour.

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun is not just excited because her wife finally returns to bed after three days of being kidnapped but she's also excited for the very next day they'll spend together as a family. She used to have these uncertain feelings since their problem regarding their relationship, but now, she feels like a whole new person to have a new found courage and trust that her relationship with Yoona will be better than ever. She never thought having certainty about a relationship with the love of her life can be that great feeling and actually making her realize that her love is deeper than her insecurities. And it's the reason she refused to give up on them. Thanks to her parents as well, because it makes her see the other sides of herself. That fearless Seohyun and that determination she used to hide.

 

"Thank you for coming to our life, baby." She whispers to Sky, who is sleeping next to her. She can't also thank their little boy enough for being one of the reasons in bringing the sparkle back to her and Yoona. Without him, she thought it would be a different story. She leans down and kiss his forehead gently. She smiled sweetly to the adorable boy. Her heart is fluttering watching him peacefully sleep.

 

Suddenly, her phone vibrates against the night stand. Her attention shifted and she picked it up to check who's calling. She mentally reminded herself that her parents haven't really known about her, saving her wife upon reading her mother's caller ID. And since they arrived in Kim-Im residence, she hasn't called them that she's not coming home. Let alone, letting them know Yoona has come back.

 

Not planning to ignore the call, she cleared , steps away from the bed and walks to the balcony as she answers her mother.

 

Yoona who later went out on her bathrobe headed to the closet when she realized the bed only has Sky. Then she heard faint voices coming from the balcony. She got curious and went there silently in attempt to eavesdrop.

 

"Yes, I'll tell her. Thank you, Omma."

 

But much to her dismay, she only heard her ending the phone call. And before she can pretend she did not try to eavesdrop, her wife caught her.

 

"Have you been there, Yoongie?" Seohyun's eyebrows are rising in confusion.

 

"Just got here. And I only heard your Omma?" Yoona smiled like a fool.

 

"She knew you're back." As Seohyun approached her wife, she replied. "But of course, I have to lie. She doesn't know I was there one who saved you after all."

 

"So you are not planning to tell them you knew all along?" Yoona tucks her wife's hair behind her ear and hold her face in both hands. "You know that can make you feel better. You can't keep that for a long time, baby. Just like your feelings for someone, like your love for me." She whispers her few words, rubbing her cheek gently with her two thumbs.

 

Seohyun sighed. "I don't know what will be their reaction but I can't do it right now yet. My plan is to later tell them when it's needed. Besides, I have another stuff to tell them so it will be cleared."

 

"What's that?" Yoona raise her brows.

 

"Maybe I can share it with you once I got to share it with Omma first." Seohyun softly replied, wrapping her arms round the deer and put her head n her shoulder. "Hopefully everything will be alright. I'm done with dramas... " she added in a whisper, closing her eyes as she tightens her hug around her wife.

 

'What is it this time?' Yoona can't help and be concerned. But she chooses to not say a thing and just comfort her wife. 'Well, as long as it won't hurt you in any way.' She smiled and kissed the crown of her head as they stood in silence at the balcony, savoring the moment yet again in each other's arms, as their hearts beats in sync.

 

-

 

It's in the middle of the night when Yoona finds herself waking up, still wrapping her arms behind her wife. But unlike the past nights, she's once again in confusion she's seeing her wife's hair, glowing again like she saw from the car. "I must be just dreaming." Not believing right away, she makes a couple of shaking of her head and pinching her cheeks a few times until she pinched it hard that almost gives her a reason to scream in pain. But still, she can see her hair, like the way it glows the last time she saw it. Her heart began to pound as she thought something she hasn't done ever since she knows the woman. 'She's... she's not alien or something... right?' The thought made her suddenly scared—of what will happens next. To think, Sky just suddenly came to their lives. ‘Don’t take my wife from me, Sky, please… ‘

 

 

***

 

 

Seohyun and her family came down from upstairs together after they heard Tiffany calling for them to come out and have breakfast with them.

 

"Unnie, you shouldn't have prepared a lot." Yoona however felt bad because they didn't even help them when they are just staying over.

 

"Im Yoona, you still remember what happened to you yesterday, don't you?" Tiffany asked as she gestures them to take their seats.

 

"I do but-"

 

"No buts. You need to return all the strength you lost. So eat a lot. And this isn't for you also, it's for your family and mine, which makes sense we prepared a lot." Tiffany said with a stern look to her sister.

 

"Thank you, Unnies." Seohyun flashed a grateful smile to the two women. "Next time, it's in our house." And she promised about it.

 

"Nah, don't mention it Hyun. This isn't even enough compared when you save my sister. I will forever owe this from you."

 

Yoona chuckled. "No need for that."

 

"Yoongie is right. I mean, how couldn't I let my wife be in danger? It's my job to do it, no one else." Said Seohyun as she patted her wife's cheek gently and maintained her sweet smile. Yoona smiled back and kissed her cheek, causing for her to giggle.

 

"Just glad everyone is alright." Tiffany replied, loving the scene before her eyes. She loves to see the used to be so sweet couple is back. She missed seeing it. And now that things are coming back to normal from them, she wished for their happiness to last a lifetime.

 

"By the way, where's Appa, Omma?" Luhan butted as he asked his mother. He had been excited to grab his spoon and fork but the latter hasn't come to the table. He is getting impatient.

 

"Hmm? Oh she's still on the phone with your grandma. She'll be here in a while."

 

"Should we get started? Sky and I are both hungry." A cute pout can be seen in Luhan's face as he looked at Sky on his feeding chair. The latter giggled and he smile eventually.

 

"Yeah, I think it's okay if the kids can start now, Unnie." Yoona supported her nephew, although she herself is hungry already.

 

"But it's a tradition to eat together. We can't do it on without someone missing."

 

"Your sister is right, Yoongie." Seohyun however is in her in-law's side.

 

"But Taeyeon... Okay, I'll just get her, then." Yoona changed her mind and stood up from her seat. She didn't wait for their reaction as she heads outside and went upstairs casually.

 

"I'm sorry but I couldn't do it, Mrs. Seo. Tiffany, she always prioritizes her sister's happiness. So there's no way I'm asking her that. It's enough I never told them about that night. Please, don't call me anymore."

 

Unexpectedly, Yoona happens to eavesdrop what Taeyeon had been talking with. The mention of her mother-in-law surprised her and it made her curious what was Taeyeon has to do with Mrs. Seo. And what 'night' was she talking about? She badly needs an answer as her mind is now being filled with questions.

 

As the door opens, she instinctively pushed Taeyeon inside and pins her against the door. "What were you talking about with Mrs. Seo?" She asked intensely. "Tell me what your connection with her is?!" She made sure her voice isn't loud, avoiding for anyone outside accidentally hearing her.

 

"You heard me?" Taeyeon gasped, a bit late to realize due to the intense glares she receiving from the pair of deer eyes before her.

 

"Obviously I accidentally heard it Unnie. So please enlighten me. You don't want me to think you are part of the kidnaping, weren't you?" Yoona threatened as she pinned Taeyeon further through her shoulders against the door behind her.

 

"Of course not! Um what you heard is about Mrs. Seo, asking me to ask my wife about convincing you from breaking up with your wife. She is asking our help to stop you from loving their daughter. That's it only." Taeyeon explained truthfully. "But that's too ridiculous for me and my wife to even do it. I mean, how are we go against you when we know how much you love your wife."

 

"Is that it only? What about that 'night'?!" Yoona continued to question. "You are keeping something, aren't you, Unnie?"

 

Taeyeon had no choice but say the truth. "That night you were abducted, I saw them. I saw them taking you to that van."

 

"What?!" Yoona's eyes widened. "And you did not even help me?" Her blood boils instantly. "You freaking just let them take me?!"

 

"I wanted to! B-But... Something came up that time. I.. I was force to continue on my work as a police. But believe me; I never intended to leave you there. Mrs. Seo has her men on the other hand. How am I supposed to help you that time? When I'm alone, Im Yoona?" Taeyeon explained, but with a little lie.

 

"Is that really the reason?" The deer isn't that convinced. "Or is it because Mrs. Seo is paying you-"

 

"That's not making any sense! Why would I help holding them yesterday if that woman is paying me? If she do, why would I even let Seohyun go without telling them? I swear! I never received anything. Not even from politicians! So stop accusing me! Because it's silly."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter