The President 25: Yoon night

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

25 | Yoon night

 

 

***

 

 

"Where are the articles?"

 

"Who ordered to took it down? Something's fishy."

 

"The President is protecting his family and close friends that's it. No need for explanation why all articles are down."

 

"I somehow want to know if he's really dating. So we will have our first lady."

 

"Bring that post back! We demand for the truth!"

 

"In the Press release they said all the articles are malicious and not true. I will trust their statement. I trust President Im."

 

"If he's really dating then so be it. No one in the world is single or hasn't dated."

 

"And so on." Secretary Kim sighs deeply as the comments on an article about the Blue House deleting all news article about him. "It's a mixed reaction."

 

"Is that good or bad?"

 

"Both."

 

Yoong groaned. He stood up and began pacing back and forth while he's holding his head. "What if this will affect the economy? Investors will pull out and doesn't come back anymore? What if the other leaders of the country will start to distrust me? The public? And also... Aish!" He ends up ruffling his hair and stopped from his walk. "The mission has to be a success tomorrow, otherwise, I'm done. My administration is done."

 

"I feel worried for the mission also. There's a possibility for failure but also a success. Mister President take seat and relax. You think properly if you're like that." Miss Kim advised him, worried for his health.

 

Complying, Yoong took his seat back and his bottle of water to drink it in one go. He let out a deep exhale before he returns his attention to the laptop. It's showing the economy progress of the country and so far, it's doing well. He slides to the next page and a news article about their agriculture is also doing well. He slides to the next page and another report can be read as failure the country's security. The trust of the public to his administration about it is 50% only after the news broke earlier. He closes the laptop and sulk.

 

"Tomorrow, we'll see another trust rating about you once the Ares details will be reported later. I am confident we'll get a positive result." Miss Kim smiled, trying to cheered on the President.

 

"It's not going to be easy."

 

"Indeed."

 

"You know, earlier, I almost told them the truth. Thankfully and I was able to return to the topic." Yoong stood up and walk to the balcony, sighing as he saw how the agents had been up 24 hours just to protect him. "It is by law that the Vice President will take over if something happens to me. I hope he can take the responsibility well." He said as he reminisces the time when he's still nurse. The job was only to monitor every patient and help the doctor save lives, far from what he ends up. But as the President, he is also like a nurse who helps the country and the people to keep going. To have a better future.

 

"Mister President, no one will replace you." Miss Kim couldn't agree with him. She stood up and walk towards him. "Because we'll do everything to stop all these devils from bringing you down. No one will hurt you and this nation."

 

Yoong is flatter to hear it from his secretary but he couldn't stop himself from thinking about any possibilities. It's like he can see the outcome ahead of him and it's not good.

 

"President Im, The President of Amerika is on the line." Miss Kim informed after answering the telephone on his desk.

 

Taking a deep breath and relax slowly, He turns around answers the call he expects.

 

 

***

 

 

"Damn, people are still crazy over the dating rumors." Tiffany commented so loud while she's checking the trending on a website. "That report about a whistle blower was nowhere to be found." Her attention was on her phone while she's busy eating her cup of noodles.

 

"I think they're more interested with our President's dating life." Amber also shared her thoughts, glancing to Tiffany across her on their table.

 

"I dreamed that we are dating once. Too bad He seems taken." Soonkyung dreamily says while enjoying her fried rice on the other hand.

 

"Whatever it is. As long as it's not burdening his job, that'll be fine." Taeyeon mumbles sitting beside Tiffany. She would peek on her phone from time to time, curious as to what netizens are saying also.

 

"Nah, he will be inspired instead and will boost her confidence to do well." Sooyoung said busy checking the different cctv around Seoul on her laptop.

 

"The lady must be so pretty that he fell for her. I'm jealous. I mean, you're an instant first lady if you date a President. She's lucky for that." Amber added as she sighs.

 

"I know right? One day I'm going to marry Prince Harry." Tiffany dreamily said joining her fellow agent of dreaming a prince charming.

 

"Yah! He's married!" Everyone except Seohyun reminded her.

 

"Divorce doesn't exists?" Tiffany also reminded them back.

 

"Hahahahahaha!" But they end up laughing sarcastically at her.

 

"Aish! Is it wrong to dream to date like them? Agent Seo? What do you think?" Tiffany noticed the agent is not on their table and is busy checking her phone also and everyone's attention shifted to the mentioned agent. "Yah! Seo Joohyun!"

 

Seohyun got startle and quickly titl her head to her left. "Wae?" Feeling like she's lost.

 

"Aigoo, what's keeping you busy there?" Tiffany raises her eyebrows trying to see her phone despite being far.

 

Seohyun looked down to her phone on the table and quickly put it inside the pocket of her leather jacket. "Nothing. What are you guys talking about?" She flashes a friendly smile.

 

"We are talking about the President and dating rumors with a Blue House staff." Sooyoung said as she squinted her eyes.

 

"What do you think about relationship of a normal person and a powerful person?" Tiffany added, insisting about her dream dating life.

 

Seohyun gulped nervously before she answers, "That. I don't see... Any bad about that. I mean people fall for someone not because of looks and status in life. We fall for someone with their character."

 

Everyone got quiet and could only return to their meals.

 

'Did I say something wrong?' Seohyun was a bit concerned. But her phone vibrates from her pocket that she just brushed it off and quickly check the message she received from Secretary Kim. She had been talking to her since lunch break started.

 

Miss Kim: He is now having his lunch. Just noticed he had been quiet since he talked with President Trump.

 

Seohyun sighs upon reading the message. Since the news broke, her mind couldn't leave how Yoong is doing. He is someone that keep everything inside unless you talk to him and ask about it.

 

To Miss Kim: Thank you, Miss Kim. I'll be there once I'm done here.

 

"Who are you texting?"

 

She suddenly heard a familiar voice behind that it startles her. She literally hit his arm when she saw Joohyuk. "It's just my friend." She told him as she put her phone aside.

 

Placing his tray on the table, Joohyun took his seat across the young agent. "A friend? Or someone that's close to your heart?" He teases.

 

"Of course, she is. She's my friend either way." Seohyun chuckled.

 

"You know what? You should share anything to me. I'm someone that keep secrets too." Joohyuk giggles and wiggles his eyebrows.

 

"Should I tell you the same?" Seohyun shakes her head and bite on her salad again.

 

"We're friends. Come on."

 

"We're but we're in work. Some things aren't good to be share."

 

Joohyuk is agape. "Okay." For at least a second. "But anyway, what's your take about tomorrow's mission?" He casually bit on his hamburger as he waits for her answer.

 

"100% Mission Complete." Seohyun confidently replied.

 

"Why?"

 

"I can see how everyone are well prepared. Believe me, no one will get hurt also."

 

Joohyuk nodded. "I love that confidence. That's why I like you." He giggles afterwards.

 

Seohyun choke at her own food. She punches her chest a few times and started coughing before grabbing the bottle of water. "Seriously?"

 

"Yah, I admire you. That's it only. Don't think that much." Joohyuk is amused by her reaction. "I mean, who wouldn't? Everyone can see how professional are you with this. I feel like you will even accept an award."

 

"You're so random."

 

"I'm telling the truth."

 

"Well... thank you." Seohyun smiled, flattered to be praised.

 

"Omo, guys look! Just in! An article is telling the public that Mister President has different personalities." Tiffany suddenly erupted that even the agents from the other tables went to theirs to check what's going on.

 

Seohyun's heart just skip a beat and it pounded so bad. She is trembling as she took her phone also from her seat and check the article Tiffany is talking about. "Damn it." She said under her breath as the article mentions the two personalities, Yoongie and Yoon. The article also has the photos to differentiate the President's Split personality that he never shares to the public.

 

"This is getting out of hand. This person who give this to the journalists obviously want him down. But damn, if this is true, does this means the president had been lying to the public?" Tiffany voiced out what every agent had in mind.

 

"You should be truthful with your health. There's an examination for that." Taeyeon informed. "If the committee doesn't know about this, then he should be question."

 

"I'm afraid the opposition of his administration will target him on this." Sooyoung got worried, knowing about politics well with his father.

 

"Especially those politicians dreaming to be the next president." Amber shared, can totally imagine the chaos it will have.

 

"Damn, I thought he's a good person. It seems he's not." Soongkyung sighs as she crossed her arms and shake her head.

 

"I will be not surprised if he will even turn us down for this mission." Tiffany also added, feeling like they will not get any increase salary after the mission.

 

"But the article doesn't show any evidence like a medical record. We can't be sure this is true." Taeyeon however is doubting about the article.

 

"No need for that if this is even true." Joohyuk said and everyone nodded in agreement with her.

 

Seohyun laughs sarcastically from her table like a fool, earning attention from them. She stopped as she turned her head to them and ask, "Does keeping the condition of his health has to do with how good the President is doing on his job?" She pauses as she got up and face them completely. "I believe he kept this because he doesn't want us to worry about him... while him, he had been worrying for the safety of this country, for the food, jobs to give and for the better future of this country. And not even a single one of you are worried about him, working so hard to give this nation what it deserves. Think of how will this affect him than to judge him. It doesn't look like you guys even care for someone who's mentally ill. We guys are also serving this country too, shouldn't we feel how he should feel right now?" She shakes her head and grab her phone before leaving the cafeteria coldly.

 

Everyone is quiet and processing what they just heard from Agent Seo, who is known to be working with the President before she joined them for the mission.

 

"Why do I feel like she is the person that article about dating is talking about?" Out of the blue, Tiffany loudly shared her thoughts.

 

 

***

 

 

"He had been inside his room. Please give him space, Mr. and Mrs. Im." Secretary Kim begs for the President's parents to stay away from him first after he learned that the Split Personality was already published and causing. It had been 5 hours and the Blue House had been receiving calls from across the globe, not only in their home country.

 

"Please tell him that he doesn't need to come up with a statement. We're doing it as parents who are responsible for this." Mr. Im said, confident with their plans to give a statement.

 

"He will know that, don't worry."

 

"We'll go ahead. Please look after him, Miss Kim."

 

"No worries." Secretary Kim bowed a little deep, giving a way for them as they leave. She followed them until outside and bowed again as they drive off. She let out a deep sigh and can feel headaches. "When will this day ends?!" It's just too much to handle. She feels like it's the end of the world.

 

Meanwhile, Yoong is busy talking with his political adviser through a video call the reason why he didn't face his parents. He wants to make sure his statement will be fine and that it will not create any story again. And that, the people will understand his side of the story. He will however accept whatever will be the result of his statement tomorrow.

 

As soon as his meeting with him ended, He let out a huge yawn and he can't help but stretch his arms, allowing him to relax.

 

'One moment. Just one moment with the public. It's all done. And the mission should be a success.' He thought as his lips curve into a smirk.

 

Suddenly, his phone beeps from the side and he casually checked it. A video of his girlfriend automatically brought a sweet yet cute smile in his face before even playing the video.

 

"Anyeong. This is Agent Seo reporting for duty." Seohyun cutely made a salute on the video.

 

Yoong just automatically did the same.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter