The President 10: Past

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 | Past

 

 

***

 

 

It feels like in a dream vacation, Seohyun feels like in heaven. Besides how relaxing around the house because it has a lot of windows, floral scent around and an attic, the small farm of orange at the backyard, the swimming pool and the fire place for camping adds the heaven-like vacation. But of course, it wouldn't be complete without the owner of the rest, who's apparently waiting for her outside, after she excuses to change.

 

Making her way out, she just casually took her seat next to the doe-eyed, sitting at the edge of the pool while legs are playing with the water.

 

"Do you want to make an orange juice?" Yoong wasn't surprised at all and he asks her the moment she saw her feet next to his under the water.

 

"Orange Juice? We can harvest the oranges now?" Seohyun got excited.

 

"Yep. This is one of the reasons why I choose this day." Getting off of his feet from the pool, Yoong offer a hand for the young lady, who look pretty on her powder blue dress.

 

Seohyun has never dropped her bright smiles as she took his hand and pulled herself up with his support. But being a clumsy girl as always and the fact that it's slipper, she almost fell if not for two arms that caught her on time and two broad shoulders that she grabs for a support. Everything is like in a slow motion just like in movies. The different thing is, the gentleman that saves her is not her dream actor to meet in person, it's Yoong who had been confusing her feelings.

 

"A-Are you alright?" Ask Yoong, noticing the young lady in her arms hasn't move an inch nor say a thing and is just staring deeply to his eyes, that confuses him. When he doesn't see any reaction, he leaned pulled her body closer that it is, leans into her face to see if she will finally blink.

 

A couple of blinks here and there, Seohyun realizes how close their faces again and hurriedly pushed herself away from him. "I-I'm... I'm sorry." She said and turned to leave, so he wouldn't see how red her face is.

 

"Are you unwell?" Yoong got worried and caught up with the latter immediately.

 

"No. It's just... Aish." Seohyun covered her face with her two hands while fast, farther away from him.

 

"Y-Yah! That's not the way to the farm!" Yoong warned but she is too busy covering her face until she bumped into a tree. "Aish, what is she thinking?" He jogs towards her and grabs her busy hand that's rubbing the forehead. "The orange farm is not here." And without waiting for her response, he started taking her with him, holding her hand firmly.

 

Seohyun is speechless because of embarrassment she made. But she knows better than staying like a fool and give herself time to relax while they're heading to the farm. Yoong holding her is absolutely a help, as it feels so comfortable and giving her real comfort. As time passes, slowly, she's holding him back naturally.

 

"Oh, there's a basket here." She pointed to the basket excitedly and releases his hand and rushed to it to pick up.

 

"Crap, we forgot to bring a cutter." Yoong turned to leave but stopped when Seohyun stops him.

 

"You don't need it. There's another way on how to get the oranges off of its branch. Come." Seohyun said, smiling brightly.

 

"You do?" Yoong complied, following the younger one.

 

Seohyun immediately choose one orange and holds it first. "Look." She gestures him to come close. "Just turn it clockwise for at least ten times and pull it." She pulled it off easily. "Tada! We got one!" And cheered in joy.

 

"That's too easy." Yoong chuckled softly. He reached one orange easily and did as the young agent says. "Whoa!!!" But is totally amaze with it. The last time he remembers, he was four years old with her Grandma back in their home town. He is prevented to use any cutter because of how young he is, so he would only try to pull it off but it won't come off. So, he ends up crying and never tried harvesting anymore, just watching her Grandma was enough for her. "I never know it could be done like this." He just smiles like a kid, as he faces Seohyun. "Thank you, Agent Seo."

 

'Aww, how cute.' Seohyun can't help and flutter. "Now you know, so you have to harvest your own." She jokes and playfully turns on her back.

 

"Are you kidding me?" Yoong grabs her shoulder and pulled her back.

 

Seohyun is smiling as she turns around with two peace signs in front of him. "Just kidding." She took her own basket back and suddenly has an idea. "How about a game, President Im?"

 

"Game?"

 

"In one hour, the person who has the most oranges on their baskets will win and the prize is... "

 

"What?" Yoong got excited.

 

"She or he will only watch the loser make the orange juice." Seohyun declared but the deer doesn't like it.

 

"That shouldn't be."

 

"Then what? I don't have any in mind. Well, besides-"

 

"The winner should be treated to an ocean park next day."

 

Seohyun's eyes widened. "That's more than better." And she just automatically agreed with the deal. "Do you have your phone?"

 

"You're the one who ask but you don't have your phone with you." Yoong couldn't believe but he took his handy phone from his pocket and handed it.

 

"Wait, password." Seohyun returned the device however when it says password.

 

"0530." Yoong just casually told her and ask her to put the password on.

 

Surprised, Seohyun somehow couldn't say a word as she thought of the 'trust' he mentioned and is once again flattered he can now freely show his trust. She put the password on and is just not surprised the wallpaper is blank white. "Alright, let's begin this." she opens the timer.

 

Yoong ready himself.

 

"In five... four, three... two... one. Go!" And started the countdown. She then places it on the ground and started harvesting just like the doe-eyed is doing, a second after she declared. She couldn't however stop herself and glances to what the President, who is having fun harvesting. 'Adorable.' And doesn't mind she will be the one treating him tomorrow. As long as she can see him relaxing his mind, it doesn't matter. He deserves it the most, since he had been working so much as the President.

 

An hour later, they put their baskets down and started counting together, but only one has continued counting until the last orange.

 

"65." Yoong looked at Seohyun and slowly, his face turns so bright. "I won?"

 

"Absolutely." Seohyun no doubt about it. But she got surprised when the President suddenly hugs her and she is lifted off of her feet while spinning her around and screaming for his victory. "Kyaaaaa!!! I'm getting dizzy!!! Put me down, Yoongie!!!" She barely could celebrate because of the spinning.

 

Yoong stops the spinning when he heard the name he doesn't want to hear. He put her down and asked her, "Did you just call me... that name?" to make sure if he heard it right.

 

"Omo." Seohyun gasps and widened her eyes. "I wasn't-"

 

"I told you don't call me with that name! I wasn't him!" Yoong shouted angrily and walks away.

 

Speechless and thinking of a way to fix it, Seohyun took a minute before she chases and stopped him. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I'm really so sorry... But President Im... " she comes close and she slowly held his face gently. "It's okay. It's really okay to be carefree like that. To be honest, it will help your mind. It will help you stress free. So please... don't. Don't control yourself. It's you and no one else. Believe me, Im Yoong can be as carefree as Yoongie as well."

 

"Yoongie is a different person. I know myself. I can do that too but we're totally different, okay?"

 

Seohyun nodded and smiled. "I'm sorry, I get confuse sometimes." Admitting her mistake. "Im Yoong, he's best in picking oranges today, I'm proud." And make it up in an instant.

 

Slowly holding the latter's hands on his face, Yoong smiled handsomely. "Really?" As he flatters to know he did something for her to make her proud.

 

"Who just won, eh?" Seohyun giggles pinched his cheeks.

 

"Yeah, tomorrow, at ocean park. You have to bring me there."

 

"Should book a ticket by now." With that, Seohyun animatedly runs back inside the house.

 

"This is how she is also outside the Blue house?" Yoong is left snickering on his own. However, he immediately just composes himself and put on a smile rather as he hurriedly follows her inside.

 

 

***

 

 

 

Im Yoongie (Blonde hair)

Cute image Witty Mischievous Choding Sweet Sometimes liar and Thief (to foods) Always wear a yellow hoodie shirt Doesn’t care about Yoong He loves plushie and going around Seoul Generally, a happy go lucky and happy virus kid Loves to eat especially in his Grandma’s small grilling restaurant

Im Yoon (Brown hair)

Bad boy image Black Leather jacket and pants, and piercing on his ear Straightforward Quite a ert Holding a bad past of Yoong

Im Yoong (Original-Black hair)

Charming, cool Classy (I think it’s just the same as the above) Smart Always wears black and white suits. Thoughtful and generous also Kind and caring  Adorable for being innocent in some things. Uptight Responsible for his works as the President Allergic to crabs and nuts Doesn't like stuff toys Generally, he’s perfect gentleman for every single lady have dreamed of to be their boyfriend or husband.

 

 

Yoong blushes on the last description about him coming from Seohyun, who handed him the paper. He never thought she would wrote that and couldn’t help but smile. “I’ve… never imagined to be… I mean, I was just doing my job.” He handed returned the pushed the paper back close to the owner.

 

Seohyun took a bite of her salad first before she reacts. “This is just… one of Hyoyeon Unnie’s… description about you. So, I thought of adding it.” She explained rather, munching at the same time.

 

"How about you then?" Yoong is curious and he ask unconsciously.

 

Seohyun chokes on her food and started rubbing her chest while coughing.

 

"Here." Quick, the doe-eyed poured the water to her glass. "Swallow it slowly." He somehow finds it adorable and he smiles.

 

"T-Thanks." The young CIA agent took the glass and slowly drank the water. She did not expect he would casually as her like that, that she suddenly forgot to chew. She exhales in relief after clearing and looked back to the young President, who is smiling still. 'He really has this cool and charming smile. But what the heck, did he just like what he saw?' She praises and is in disbelief at the same time.

 

"What now?" Yoong chuckled softly, as he waits for her answer patiently.

 

"Um, that's the same."

 

"That I'm a perfect gentleman?" He doesn't want to believe that, know his flaws.

 

"You don't believe it?"

 

He shakes his head to confirm. "Nope. You know my flaws, Seohyun." as he casually takes a bite of his salad as well.

 

"I don't see any flaws to be honest." Seohyun giggles. "You're really just being humble, aren't you?"

 

"Aigoo, how would you explain the personalities then?"

 

"They're not part of you. Why would I include them, eh? There probably some flaws but you are better than that."

 

Yoong had to replay the answer from the young agent in his mind for at least five times. "You... think so?" Which flatters him. No one has ever said that to him. Not even his parents.

 

"I believe they will disappear soon and that makes you the original." Seohyun warmly smiled. "You own that body, not them." And stated as a matter of fact. "Do you get what I mean?"

 

Slowly nodding, Yoong looked down to the vegies and loudly exhales. "But what if... they would never leave?" He slowly lifted up his head to face her. "This... the two persons inside me... it had been here since I was in high school... My psychiatrists.... they gave up healing me. I mean, a total of 5 have already quit their jobs. I have a new psychiatrist but will soon quit." he chuckled softly at the end. "How can you believe like that?"

 

'I know he will be so depress about this too. Part of having DID.' Seohyun thought and looked around the place, where she can see a lot of plants and flowers giving them a nice conversation. She took a deep breath, relaxes her mind and slowly relaxes her muscles. "To be honest, President Im... It should be you first to believe yourself. Because if not, I doubt this will be over. Help yourself as well, not just depend on your psychiatrist. Come on, I know you can do it. You are the President in this country for nothing."

 

Yoong sighs and doesn't know how to actually response. Of course, he believes himself but sometimes it's hard to do so when he hears voices from the past that keeps haunting him. It's hard when his own parents don’t. And it's hard to believe himself completely when sometimes he goes out to the public and he sees judgmental eyes.

 

"Just put it like this, when people voted for you, that means they believe in you and so far, you're doing great." Seohyun continued, reaching for his hand and gives it a gentle and warm rub. "There are more people that believes you... including me." She whispers, softly.

 

Yoong somehow slowly gains some confidence back as he holds the young agent's hand, which made him lifted up his head, as he stared softly to those beautiful orbs. "You probably think how I passed the medical exam of being the President, right?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"I mean, there is this examination for every politician candidate. And I passed even though... I'm mentally sick."

 

Seohyun wasn't expecting it. "I wasn't thinking of that." As it surprised her he mentions about such topic. 'Indeed, how did he pass such exam?'

 

"My parents, they actually manipulated the result." Yoong revealed. He sighs heavily as he continues, "They were so desperate that they decided to manipulate it. Actually, I tried to stop them since I think in that part I will be disqualified, but they want me to really win... And I myself want... because I want to serve like I am doing when I was a Nurse... And... And I won." He chuckles, quite in disbelief he won 64 percent of the total votes. "I hope you don't look at me bad because of that. Because I swear, I've regretted that I did not able to stop them... " He sighs and looked down in shame. He still felt guilty that he cheats on his medical exam. He sometimes feels that he doesn't deserve to won the election and wanted to quit but every time he thinks of the outcome, he always felt scared and just want to be the best President the country could ever have.

 

"People voted for you. Whether you manipulated it or not, the public's reactions are the important here. And your intention is always good and that's I think what people need... and they're proud of you. You're actually doing great, Im Yoong." Seohyun said with a proud smile, earning a small yet sincere smile from the latter. She then stood from her seat and pulled him up. "Come on, cheer up. Let's make the juice now." And drags him with her but before they could reach it, he suddenly switches them as he is now the one taking her in the kitchen.

 

As Seohyun opens the fridge, she was greeted by some vegetables and one of them is cabbage that suddenly an idea pops up on her head. "Do you know how to make kimchi?"

 

"Kimchi? Nope. How about you?" Yoong innocently ask back. "Wae? You know how to make it?"

 

"Well, there's a cabbage here and I suddenly thought of that. I mean, I haven't tasted kimchi myself. Let's just forget about kimchi and make orange juice." Seohyun chuckles awkwardly, earning an amuse smile from the President, who started placing cleaning the oranges they harvested earlier. She joined him in a second, as if she did not embarrass herself.

 

 

***

 

 

After changing his hoodie shirt that Seohyun has lend into his polo white shirt, Yoong haven't even left the guest room when he heard his phone ringing. He casually picked it up to answer a calling from his secretary. "What's up?"

 

[President Im?]

 

"Of course, who else?" Yoong playfully replied.

 

[I... I wasn't just expecting that.]

 

Yoong sighs. "I was just kidding. Anything you are calling for?"

 

[I just want to inform that tomorrow at lunch, you will have a press conference about the development of the investigation. Secretary of Defense will be with you and around 3pm, you have a visit to an orphanage.]

 

"No schedule in in the morning?"

 

[Hmm, besides breakfast with Agent Seo, no more.]

 

Yoong smiled upon hearing the name of the person he is apparently with. But speaking of her, he noticed outside, at the backyard, she can see her building the tent. "Is it too early?" He finds it an odd so he checks his wrist watch.

 

[The Breakfast?]

 

"Oh, I wasn't talking about that. Um, please do call me once there's addition for tomorrow's schedule."

 

[Noted, President Im.]

 

With that said, He hang up and went out of the room to see what's going on in Agen Seo's mind.

 

"It's still too early for this, why are you setting this up earlier?"

 

"I don't know, I just want to set this up early so we could have another good conversation just like earlier." Seohyun explained. She has this weird feeling that she somehow decided to put on the tent. "Don't you want to help me?"

 

"Of course. Hold on." Yoong curled up his sleeve, doesn't want to dirt it or would be the hindrance for him to not move freely.

 

"Tsk,tsk." Seohyun shakes her head lightly as she approached him. "Why did you change into a long sleeve shirt?" And help him folding up the sleeve.

 

"I was just preparing myself. I mean, we're leaving later." Yoong said as he allows her to do it for him.

 

"Later? That later is in 5 hours." She chuckles, totally amused. "What are you thinking? We have yet replaced the flower vases, go on a bicycle ride? Remember?"

 

"Ah... yeah... " Yoong smiled embarrassingly. "My bad."

 

As Seohyun transfer to the opposite sleeve, she whispers to him, "You haven't even told me the complete details." she winks at him playfully and the president is puffed. "You." She casually reached for a button. "You should open three but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter