The President 12: Suspect

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12 | Suspect

 

 

***

 

 

Just 30 minutes long, Seohyun finally is relieved their Director have left the ward and never even used the rest room. It was worth the wait however because she found out two things from the investigation they are doing. One, the Culprit is a spy from an anti-group against the President and two, he is one of the Agents living in the same floor as her. Now that she has a lead, she now has an idea on how to catch the culprit. But she couldn't escape from the President's eyes while she's leaving the rest room.

 

"Why do you have to hide?" Yoong couldn't help and ask, as he finds it unnecessary, knowing the Director knows about her being close to him.

 

"I just woke up. I haven't brushed my teeth, you know." Reasoned Seohyun sheepishly. "You're lucky that you can face anyone without brushing your teeth." She added lamely.

 

Yoong can't believe what he heard. "Are you kidding me?" And he chuckles lightly.

 

"Well, I think I need to ask the nurse now to send your breakfast. Be back in a while." Seohyun said and just stopped at the door.

 

"Comeback here." As the President ask her to return.

 

Turning on her back, she flashed a bright smile and approached him. "What else do you need, Mr. President?"

 

"You have to eat breakfast with me and tell me what happened last night."

 

"Here?!" Seohyun exclaimed. "We're not in the-"

 

"I sense that Yoongie appears, so tell me whatever happens. Do you understand, Seohyun-ah?" Yoong put on a poker face, playfully.

 

"Araso. I'll get us breakfast then." Seohyun said and just as she was about to leave, she noticed something on the doe-eyed's face that she has to looked back at him and creased her eyebrows. "Do you have fever, President Im?"

 

"Nope. Why?" Yoong honestly replied.

 

"You looked red." Seohyun put her palm on his forehead and feel normal however with his temparature. "Or is it because of the weather?"

 

Yoong shook his head. "I think it's because I thought of something earlier." And he shares.

 

"You are... blushing?"

 

Yoong put his hands on his cheeks and smile. "Maybe?"

 

"Sheesh, someone is making you blush now, eh? Tell me, do you like that person, President Im?" Seohyun teases unconsciously and the President is flustered.

 

"I was only thinking of your adorable sleeping face besides me earlier." Yoong innocently revealed. "I wasn't aware it made me-"

 

"YAH! I-I... n-need to go." Seohyun just animatedly rushed outside before the deer could continue his words. She stopped from her tracks in the middle of the corridor, placing her hand on top of her chest as it wildly beating. She regretted why she has to like that. "How... did I come up with that question? Aish! I'm so embarrassed." She shakes her head and ruffles her hair frustratingly. As she started to walk, she's holding her head in both hands while keeps on saying, "I'm so embarrassing, I'm so embarrassing... I'm so embarrassing, I'm so embarrassing... "

 

Meanwhile, Yoong is somewhat confused at the moment. He keeps on thinking what the young agent has told him over and over again that leads him to one question to himself. "Do I... like her?"

 

-

 

'Well, she's likable because of her character, what else am I thinking?' Yoong thought as he shakes his head to brushed off of all the thoughts on his head while he is watching the Agent before him, eating. He hasn't touched his food since they sat down across with each other in his ward. "Seohyun-ah." But he doesn't want to touch it unless he answers her question.

 

Seohyun reluctantly looked into the doe-eyed's eyes while she's biting the spoon. "W-wae?" Her voice came out so little. She felt so uncomfortable ever since she sat down across with the President because of what happened earlier and also due to the fact that he is just watching her. She knows she should get used to it but it had been a month since they had breakfast together.

 

"Yoongie... He likes you, doesn't he?" Yoong reluctantly ask softly. He had been thinking of it as well.

 

"Um, Yoongie... How do I say this..." Seohyun looked away as she takes her time to find the words to say. "We're friends." But she ends up telling him. "Yeah, we're good friends also, President Im. You-You don't have to worry." 'Why do I sound defensive? Aish, stupid.' She rumbles on her head.

 

Yoong chuckles. "You did not answer my question. But well, I'm glad you guys are friends. He is friendly, isn't he?"

 

"He is. Yeah... he really is. HAHAHAHA..." Seohyun let out a tremendous laugh but quickly compose herself and smile shyly to the President.

 

"He appeared last night, didn't he?"

 

"Yes. And just like the usual nights, he is so bright."

 

"Good. But he did not leave the hospital with you?"

 

"Nope. He knows he shouldn't."

 

Yoong nodded in understanding. "So, do you like him?" He asks out of nowhere.

 

"Eh?"

 

"I... I was..." He widened his eyes upon realizing it. "I was only rumbling. D-Don't mind it. That was nothing. J-Just continue your meal." He reassuring smile but couldn't help himself and knock his head. 'What was I thinking? Aish, so stupid for me.' He continued his meal without glancing to the young agent anymore.

 

'So cute.' Seohyun couldn't think of any reason but she smiled quietly, as she finds it adorable when he scolded himself. "And by the way, President Im. I think Yoongie and Yoon talk sometimes?"

 

Yoong promptly looked back to the younger one before him. "Talk? How does that happen?"

 

"I have no idea as well but he mentioned he knows some stuff that only him and Yoon knows. They maybe can share some of the memories." Seohyun said even though she finds it complicated. But she guesses, these are memories Yoong doesn't want to remember.

 

"I seriously don't know how that works. But I guess it wasn't that bad?"

 

Seohyun smiled cheerfully. "Of course."

 

"That's all that matters." Yoong smiled back and once again focus on his meal without knowing his cheeks are blushing.

 

'Aigoo, I'm sure the way to cure this is for him to return these memories and accept the truth, whether it's too painful or not.' Seohyun thought, quite having a little headache about the President's case. She wanted to focus on helping him but another case came that's giving her stress also.

 

"Another thing, about the culprit... have you seen the image of the eyes I have given to the police?" Yoong find a new topic to talk after a couple of minutes of silence. His cheeks however are still as red as earlier.

 

"Yes. But I kind of hard to recognize since it's only the eyes. Don't worry, we have now the lead and I'm sure they are looking on it." Seohyun reassures.

 

"I just hope he wouldn't try to escape. I don't want to see someone getting hurt again." Yoong sighs and casually took a spoonful of rice into his mouth.

 

Seohyun giggles and reached for one little rice in the corner of the doe-eyed's lips and wiped it off herself. Her action made the latter looked into her eyes in confusion. Her heart skips a beat as she finds herself unable to respond. Instead, she's staring back at him like a magnet, as if she was being captured by those beautiful eyes before her.

 

Yoong on the other hand couldn't looked away because he himself finds it alluring to stare in those lovely eyes he just realizes. Her eyes that's so beautiful and mesmerizing at the same time. As if she's looking into her soul, she couldn't let go and the sound of her heart beating fast is actually fluttering. No other ladies have captured him like that. Seohyun is the first and he felt so confuse what she is doing to him.

 

It feels like forever but Seohyun is the first one who looked away and let out a deep exhale. "Let's finish our meal, shall we?" And she announced. She doesn't know why but the more she stares back at him, the more she is convinced she has fallen for the President. It's really frustrating that she has to break it.

 

Yoong is quite disappointed for unknown reasons but he complied with a small smile. "Thanks."

 

"For what?"

 

"The rice on my lips. I didn't expect for you to wiped it off." He shyly replied.

 

Seohyun blushed hard. "It was nothing." 'Why am I feeling young again?' She couldn't help and felt giddy inside and wanted to squeal but could only keep it inside.

 

Yoong couldn’t understand why but he just smile on his own, not knowing the young lady before him is feeling almost the same as him.

 

 

***

 

 

While driving her way back to the dorm, Seohyun's mind is busy from guessing who among, Agent Lee Dong Hae, Park Siwan and Yoo Seung Woo, who are all living the same floor as her and Agent Hyo. Since Hyo is with her that time, she can't include her to her own investigation.

 

However, just as she arrived at the lobby of their dorm building, she was greeted by her fellow agents, being guided out together with the Blue House's older agents. Hyo who was with her that time is also being escorted.

 

"What's... going on?" She tried to ask them but they just pass through at her.

 

"Looks like the questioning will be starting today." Junghyun told her as he stopped in front of her.

 

"They already started without even getting evidences yet?"

 

"They have searched around their rooms early this morning already. Come, you might want to listen to all of them." Junghyun replied as he leads the younger agent out of the building.

 

Seohyun just follow with Junghyun and put aside her questions first. They arrived at the headquarters questioning room, where Siwan comes first and she and Junghyun stood behind the mirror glass where they can see him clearly and hear him clearly answering questions.

 

 

***

 

 

It had been half an hour since Secretary Kim started looking after the President. But ever since then, he hasn't talked anything. He is reading a book but would sometimes sigh, ruffle his hair and sometimes just stared into the space like something is bothering him.

 

"President Im, just tell me what's going on so you will be peaceful." Miss Kim finally finds her voice and she distracted the latter, who looked back at her from the sofa.

 

Yoong sighs. "I just... couldn't get my mind off over someone's words."

 

"Who?"

 

"Agent Seo. She told me about I like someone in a different way. I mean, she said those words like she meant something." He shares that instant. "What does that mean?"

 

Miss Kim chuckles lightly. "What was the situation then?" As she finds it funny how the President just don't think twice in sharing something he is too innocent with.

 

"She actually asks me if I like that someone that cause me to blush. Well, I was thinking about her that time." Yoong said in one go. "Tell me, is that wrong? Because she didn't react and just run off of the room. I feel like I've said something that's unappropriate?"

 

'Heol, she also likes Agent Seo. The different is, Yoongie is delusional while he is too innocent about liking someone more than a friend. He is smart but is not in Love.' Miss Kim smiled awkwardly. "I don't know if-"

 

"And then while we are eating, she suddenly took that rice from the corner of my lips and just like that, I just realize how beautiful and lovely she is. Something that I haven't noticed... And I'm so disappointed that she has to break that, to be honest."

 

"President Im-"

 

"I'm totally puzzled what is going on so explain it to me, Miss Kim. I want to understand."

 

Secretary Kim couldn't hold back and she laughs. However, needs to cut it off because the doe-eyed just glared at her from laughing. "Well, let's just put it this way... you have a lot of favorites, right, President Im?"

 

"Yes. Like cotton candies." Yoong innocently said.

 

"You like her like a cotton candy."

 

"I like her taste?"

 

Miss Kim widened her eyes. "No! It's not like that! What are you thinking?! Aigoo, you like her because like the cotton candy, it makes you happy. Does she make you happy also?" She asked in the end, curiously.

 

Yoong took a moment to understand then suddenly smile because indeed, he likes her. But his lips turn into pout as he thought of Yoongie. "I'm not sure if she even likes me back."

 

"How can you say so?"

 

"She talks with excitement every time she talks about Yoongie." He shared and got sadder when he realizes she looks so happy mentioning Yoongie earlier.

 

'He's jealous with Yoongie.' Miss Kim bit her lower lip as she smiled giddily. 'Why am I feeling like watching a young boy's first love? He is too adorable... Waeee???!!'

 

"Yah, what's with the smile, Miss Kim?" Yoong noticed his secretary got quiet only to see her smiling like something is up on her mind. "Care to help me about this?"

 

"You're smart, President Im. Figure that out." Quick, she left the ward before more 'innocent' questions will be added and she doesn't want to keep explaining for something too easy.

 

"Wow, seriously." The President scoffs. He gets off of the bed and walked to the rest room, staring into his reflection, just to find his cheeks still as red as earlier. "Im Yoong? Why are you being like this over someone?" Then she recalled what happened back on his rest house. His heart races that cause him to put his hand on his chest. "I'm going crazy." He took a deep breath and slowly relaxes. “This is just because I had a minor surgery on my back, so it’s nothing. Right, right Yoong. Let’s work!” he randomly cheered on himself and went out of the room, just to remind himself that Seohyun have mentioned she will be focusing on protecting him. “Wait, why did she leave? I thought she’s staying for the entire day?”

 

"Who?" Miss Kim returned with a nurse tagging behind her.

 

Yoong raise his eyebrows in confusions. "Is it time for my pills?"

 

"Nope. I'm here to change your Dextrose, President Im." The Nurse answered as he put his tray on the table next to the bed.

 

"I thought it's time. I mean, the doctor mentioned I will take it every 9 now." Yoong took a seat at the edge of his bed and let the nurse check on his IV. He turned his attention to his Secretary and ask, "Any updates outside?"

 

"That's why I came back right away. I received files from different departments that you need to sign, President Im. And just like I mentioned, the Vice President is taking care of your projects and your schedules." Yoojoong replied as she stood by the side, waiting for the nurse to finish his work.

 

"And about earlier, I was talking about Agent Seo. I just realized that she mentioned about staying here... but she just left without explanation."

 

"She probably received a call from the Blue House. Don't worry, she will call any time if she wants to."

 

"I see... " The President nodded in understanding but he suddenly felt disappointed, as he thought she would be staying by his side.

 

"And... President Im... " Miss Kim couldn't able to finish her words when they heard a knock. She and the President's attention turned to the door. "I'll get it." And she casually approached it to open it in behalf of him. But she widened her eyes upon seeing the parents of the President outside. She quickly bowed and let them in.

 

Yoong’s eyes slightly widened but he automatically looked away as his parents walks in. It only took a couple of seconds and he started to feel unsafe. His body started trembling, heart races wild and it’s hard to breath once again. He couldn’t look back like the last time he did when they visited him in the Blue House. The nurse looked at him in confused because of his hand that’s shaking but continued finish with the new IV.

 

“We couldn’t visit you immediately because of work day and night.” Mr. Im said with a sweet smile in his face. “How are you doing now, Yoong?”

 

“We are here to bring you fruits.” Mrs. Im informs as she holds up the basket on her right hand.

 

“I’ll take care of that, Ma’am.” Miss Kim said as she took the basket.

 

“Yoong?” Mr. Im tried to reach for his son’s shoulder but he moves away. He was taken aback.

 

“Are you alright, President Im?” The Nurse ask as he finally finished his work.

 

“I-I… “ Yoong looked down to his lap. “I am. Please, just leave now.” He curled his two hands into a fist and clench his teeth. He felt like leaving his own ward too but that would be too surprising for people around him.

 

Once the nurse is out, he continued, “You-you two… please leave also. I have no time for this.” He said, coldly. “Please…” However, he got startled when his mother suddenly pulled him and hugs him. He wanted to push her away but she won’t budge. He ends up letting her hold him but all that he can feel is fear, unsafe, and the urge to run away, because the evil is dangerously killing him again. Tears has started to pool his eyes, as the hug seems longer than he expects.

 

“I’m just glad you are doing well.” Mrs. Im sadly whispers and she kissed her son on his cheek lovingly. “I’m really so sorry, honey.” She sincerely apologized as she pulls back and her heart once again broke into pieces watching her son’s face. She wipes the tears off but he moved away and looked down to his lap again. “Yoong… “

 

"Leave NOW!" Yoong couldn't control it no longer and he shouted angrily. He grabs his head and hold it in place as it started to throb. Voices coming from Yoon is taking his head, telling him to hurt his parents. "No.No.No. You can't. You can't Im Yoon. You can't." But he doesn't want that to happen. "Please! Just leave NOW!" So, begs desperately as the voices gets stronger than ever.

 

Mrs. Im get up and left almost immediately. Mr. Im sighs and decided to leave the ward before his son’s condition could get worse. He however couldn’t control and silently cry out of regrets and guilts. Listening to his son's agony is just too hard to take. It's killing him inside once again. If only he can turn back time, he will correct everything he had done to his own son. It's really seems apologizing and kneeling in front of him wouldn't either help him. But it's the only least he can do.

 

Suddenly, the door flung open and a furious Yoon appears. He quickly grabs his crying father on his collar and pushed him against the wall. "I finally found you, Im Soo Kyung." He didn't think twice and he tried to choke him with his own hands. "YOU ING DIE, OLD MAAAAN!!!" He screamed in front of his face.

 

Securities are now trying to pull him away from his own father but he won't budge and keeps on pressing, despite the struggling from his father and everyone now are in panic. Miss Kim however went to the Doctor, hoping to get something to stop the deer.

 

"Yah! Im Yoon!" Seohyun who just returned rushed to the scene. But she however couldn't stop the latter. She tried to hit his back, his arm, his legs, but he would only push her hard, just like the others and would choke his father again. He is too strong this time that she couldn't find a weak spot just like the last time she encounters with him.

 

"Agent Seo!" Until Yoojoong returned and she throws the injection towards the young agent. Seohyun have easily caught it and she waited no time, injected it into the deer's arm.

 

Yoon let go of Mr. Im almost immediately as he turned to the side and finds out an injection is on his arm. Then he slowly realized who is standing nearby with a concerned look. He let out a soft chuckle before his vision is slowly becomes so blurry. "I love you." He whispers with a smirk before he passed out.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter