Runaway 12: Love Letter

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12 | Love Letter

 

 

***

 

 

It was a quiet and peaceful ride back to the apartment. Yoona being the good and respectful angel she is, carried some of the groceries in both hands, as it wasn't even that hard for her. 

 

"Yoona." softly, Mrs. Seo called out while they're standing side by side in the lift. 

 

"Yes, Mrs. Seo?" Yoona innocently asks. 

 

"Kwon Yuri. She hasn't appeared right?" 

 

"Nope. Why?" 

 

Mrs. Seo is relieved to learn. "You know one reason for my comeback is to protect my daughter from the dark angels like her. But we still have to keep our guard. Who knows she's just nearby." 

 

"I'm all aware of that, Mrs. Seo. In fact, I always make sure to look around especially when we are outside." 

 

"That's good to know." 

 

Yoona smiled a little. 

 

"And about the flower. Just wait for another petal for fall, don't mind what's current."  Mrs. Seo firmly suggested.

 

"Is that fine? I mean, I might not be able to finish my mission." Yoona worriedly said.

 

"I'll try to ask about that so that will not be counted as a mission. Just don't ever follow it. Okay?" Mrs. Seo assured the young angel.

 

"Yes." Yoona smiled and nodded. 'This isn't really right. Aigoo, what am I going to do?' 

 

Moments later they arrived at the apartment and were greeted by Seohyun and Jungkook, bowing at Mrs. Seo. Yoona bowed her head a little as well as she follows to the kitchen, helping the older Seo, placing the grocery items in the fridge.

 

"Do you know about Jungkook?" Suddenly Mrs. Seo surprised Yoona with a curious question.

 

Yoona smiled and shakes her head. "As I told you, I'm new, Mrs. Seo. I thought his family is a friend with yours?"

 

"I know his family but not really friends and I only saw him a few times when I was here." Replied Mrs. Seo simply. "They seemed closer than I thought."

 

"He's a good friend... of Seohyun I think." Smiled Yoona uncertainly.

 

"Okay." Mrs. Seo smiled back and place the last item of groceries in the cabinet. 

 

"I'll join them in the living room, Mrs. Seo." Yoona bowed and did not wait for the older Seo's answer as she animated went out and meet with Seohyun and Jungkook.

 

"We're now practicing our lines, Yoona. You should bring your script." Seohyun told the doe-eyed.

 

"Yeah." Jungkook nodded his head as he flashes a small friendly smile.

 

"Okay. Hold on a second." Getting up, Yoona exited the apartment and went to her place. She returned in just a minute and took her seat next to Jungkook who has his script on his lap. "Do you want to switch, Jungkook-ah?" She asks without hesitation.

 

"Chincha?" The offer got Jungkook to brighten. 

 

"But you guys have to ask our teacher about that." Seohyun reminded the two. She is sitting across them with her script also on her lap.

 

"I know but we can just keep this to ourselves." Yoona reasoned. "It's not like it's a sin. I mean, I want Jungkook to feel comfortable with his role."

 

"We have already practiced though and he's fine being maleficent right, Kookie?" Seohyun giggles and teases her friend at the same time.

 

Jungkook got shy and nodded lightly. "It's fine. I am. Thanks for the offer, Yoona-ssi. Although I really love the offer too." He briefly smiled at the doe-eyed.

 

"Maleficent is one of the lead characters either way. So that's a good role." Seohyun reminded.

 

"I see. Then let's start this. Again." Yoona is convinced and decided not to push it. She opened her script and waited for any cue from Seohyun who is flipping pages of her script. 

 

Jungkook is silently glancing at his best friend, quietly smiling on his own. He really likes watching her quietly too, never fails to flutter his heart.

 

Yoona who had been glancing to quiet Seohyun as well noticed Jungkook is doing the same and she can see those giddy smiles. She's really right with her instincts. She has to think of a way on how to help him confess to Seohyun.

 

'I'm sorry Mrs. Seo but I'm going to push on my mission.' She's determined with it. Jungkook is really Seohyun's soulmate undoubtedly.

 

"Jungkook-ah, have some dinner with us." Mrs. Seo suddenly broke the silence in the living room which causes them to turn their heads on her.

 

"Yes, thanks Mrs. Seo." Jungkooo brightly responded. 

 

Mrs. Seo smiled sweetly at them before she returned to the kitchen to finally began preparing for dinner.

 

"Let's start with this scene when Prince Philip and Aurora meet for the first time."

 

"Okay." Yoona ready herself. She stares at Seohyun with a charming smile possessing like a real prince. "Oh what lovely lady and voice you have." she softly says.

 

Seohyun on the other hand gets into the character, staring at the doe-eyed as if she fell for her, as Prince Philip. But their accidental kiss suddenly comes to mind, causing her cheeks to blush and her heart is beating fast. And she doesn't know what's to say next.

 

"Aren't you supposed to attempt to run when you saw the prince?" Yoona reminded the spacing out Seohyun.

 

"Yes? Oh yeah. S-so-sorry." Seohyun snapped out of reality and returned her attention to the script. "Okay." She exhales and says the two words only. "Oh! Oh!" and get up to act like she wants to run but then Yoona got her hand. 

 

Jungkook couldn't help and pout as he watches them quietly.

 

"I'm awfully sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt you." says Yoona as Prince Philip.

 

"It wasn't like that... it's just that... you-you are a... a... " Seohyun reads the script and stares at Yoona again.

 

"A stranger?" replied the doe-eyed. "Don't you remember we've met before?"

 

"Before?" Seohyun raises her eyebrows. "Of course you said yourself. Once upon a dream." she chuckles but before Yoona could take the other hand of hers, her mother barge in.

 

"Yoona is the prince?" Mrs. Seo is surprised to learn it since they started their practice.

 

"Yes, Mrs. Seo." Jungkook replied.

 

"Not you? Wae?"

 

"Our teacher wrote each character to rolling papers and we have to pick to decide our role." Seohyun explained it to her confused mother.

 

"And Yoona got the Prince?" Mrs. Seo looked at the doe-eyed in disbelief.

 

"Yes, Mrs. Seo." Yoona lowered her gazes feeling like the older Seo doesn't like it. But definitely doesn't mind changing roles with Jungkook.

 

"I see... it's just absurd to know that the prince is a girl." Mrs. Seo chuckled softly and walked back inside the kitchen, leaving their practice. "Aigoo, this better be a good play for them." she's a bit anxious, reminding that the petal is telling Yoona that 'soulmate' which she believes it's really her, her daughter's soulmate.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona resumes to take Seohyun's hand place it on her shoulders. Then she sings the song from the script as they dance at the same time, not leaving each other's eyes.

 

Jungkook once again felt a bit jealous because they look good together. He wanted to be in Yoona's place. If only he got the prince role.

 

 

:::

 

 

"Jungkook-ssi." Yoona called the young boy before he could enter the lift. 

 

"Wae?" ask Jungkook.

 

"You like Seohyun, don't you?" Yoona smiled teasingly. "You know more than just a friend."

 

The question got Jungkook shock. "Wha-why... I mean... How can you say that?" he fumbled with his words. But the blush forming on his cheek tells otherwise.

 

"I can see it earlier, you were staring at her - I mean stealing glances like she's the most beautiful person."

 

"She really is, no doubt about that. But it doesn't mean I like..."

 

"Why don't you confess?"

 

"Confess?" Jungkook exclaimed and he took Yoona on her arm and drags her to the side as people from the lift exited. "There's no need to confess, are you crazy?" he chuckled anxiously.

 

"You sounds like you are caught." Yoona giggles. "Just admit it. And how about I help you?"

 

Jungkook scoffs but the offer is tempting. He got quiet as he thinks of it.

 

"Come on." 

 

"Okay, I like her more than just a friend but really, there's no point in confessing. We are best friends and I don't want to ruin it." explained Jungkook and let out a sigh. 

 

"You're afraid?" Yoona now understands.

 

"No. It's not like that. Best friends should stay best friends, that's my point." Jungkook explained further. 

 

"Who knows she likes you back, right?"

 

"Don't think so. We've been friends for God knows when but never felt she sees me in a different light. So yeah, don't think this will work." Jungkook shrugs his shoulders.

 

Yoona nodded slowly. "Which means you have to work for it."

 

"What?" Jungkook is confused.

 

"Why don't you start treating her like she is more than just a friend?" Yoona is determined. "You see I read on the internet that to get your crush to like you back, you have to do something like give her flowers, go home with her, send sweet messages to her, and give her love letters. Yeah, love letters always work."

 

"You mean, you want me to court her?" 

 

"Is that the term?" Yoona grinned.

 

Jungkook chuckled in amusement. "It is. But that sounds... convincing. So when?" and he instantly agrees with her.

 

"Tomorrow." Yoona snapped a finger.

 

"We have school."

 

"Exactly. Go to school early tomorrow and meet her at the school gate. Walk with her to the classroom. You do that, don't you?"

 

"Not all the time but okay, I'll do that." Jungkook slowly nodded his head as he smiles excitedly.

 

"Write a love letter tonight too and sneak it in her locker. Write from your heart." Yoona instructed like a real love guru. 

 

"Okay." Jungkook takes note but his heart suddenly beats nervously. He isn't good at writing, will Seohyun love it?

 

"Call me tomorrow once you are in school. I'll let you know that she's coming."

 

"Sure. See you tomorrow then."A bright response from Jungkook.

 

"Fighting!" cheered Yoona with a pump fist.

 

"Fighting!" And Jungkook responded the same, finally going to the lift and wave his hand to Yoona as the door closes before him. 'Being Maleficent sure gives me luck.' he thought while smiling like a fool. Yoona helping him to get Seohyun is sure odd but he wants to grab the chance. 'Hopefully, this will be good.'

 

 

:::

 

 

"Omma, is it really necessary to bring Yoona with us?" Seohyun asks her mother as she took her seat at the edge of the bed while her mother is in front of the mirror, brushing her hair delicately.

 

"Didn't you tell me she has no friends here except you?" Mrs. Seo replied, glancing at her daughter through the mirror.

 

"Yes. But I don't think that's a good idea. She isn't a family at all, was she? And she has a family in the province." Seohyun shares casually, laying down on the bed and cuddles with the pillow.

 

Mrs. Seo smiled briefly. "I know. But she's a good kid. Bringing her with us will be good I tell you." 

 

"Does she knows about it now?" Mumbles Seohyun and sighs. Their dinner was good but she can't help and think of their practice earlier again. Yoona sure looks like a Prince that she couldn't help and smile giddily.

 

"She does and she wants to tag along. She's even excited." Mrs. Seo said, getting up and walk to the bed just to find her daughter is spacing out with those smiles. "Yah, are you listening to me?"

 

"What is it again?" Seohyun blinks her eyes in a fast manner as she profusely blushes.

 

Mrs. Seo flicks her daughter's forehead. "Just prepare yourself. We're moving the day after tomorrow." She informed earning a giggle and a hug from her daughter. 

 

"Good night, Omma." Says Seohyun and kissed her mother's cheek as she gets off of the bed and runs out of the mirror.

 

"Aigoo, she didn't even wait for my answer." Mrs. Seo smiled and shakes her head.

 

 

:::

 

 

It's 12:59 am yet Jungkook still couldn't get a good letter. He has piled up crumpled papers already on the floor and his mind is still mess up. 

 

He tried searching for love letter examples on the internet but he always feels like it's fake if he just copies what's on the internet. He also tried asking for help from his parents but they refused to give it as they have early work the next day. 

 

"Why am I not good at this?" He groaned and dropped his head on his desk, sighing with a sad pout. He blinks and blinks lightly then thought of the time he had with Seohyun earlier. It makes him smile and once again heartbeats race. 

 

A sudden idea pops-up on his head that he straightened himself and smile on his own, grabbing his pen and started writing again. This time he isn't anxious nor stressed as he let his feelings use to write his first love letter for the person he had been crushing.

 

 

:::

 

(The next day...)

 

 

The moment Yoona walked out of her bedroom and walks to the dining table, she calls Jungkook as she didn't receive any call just like she expected.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter