Runaway 09: Soulmate

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

09 | Soulmate

 

 

***

 

 

"Aigoo, Im Yoona. You're new yet already created a trouble." The Principal is having her head shake while checking the young girl's records.

 

"Um, Ma'am, can I ask a tissue paper? My friend here is wet." Seohyun is hesitant but she can't let the doe-eyed stay dirty and wet. "Or at least give her some time to clean herself?"

 

"You can go to the comfort room for 10 minutes." The Principal said couldn't agree more with Seohyun. Yoona smell stingy either way so she let her.

 

"Thank you, Ma'am." Seohyun smiled brightly and gestures Yoona to leave and clean herself. The latter bowed before leaving the office.

 

"Now tell me what happened." The Principal demanded. She knows asking them to detention was unfair. So she wants to learn the truth about it.

 

"Jiyong, he once again bullying the new students. I came on time and ask them to leave. He didn't comply right away even though I already threatened them. He only then complied when he finished eating all her lunch and he tripped me. My tray went flying and end up on the new student. That's when Yoona loses her composure and punched him. Seriously if it wasn't for the tripped, she won't get a revenge." Seohyun tried to defend the doe-eyed, hoping the principal just give her a light punishment knowing what she did is still not a reason for her not to get it. "Please, Ma'am, don't get hard on her. She's new to this school and doesn't know this yet. Please don't let her regret from enrolling her." She ends up begging.

 

"She's indeed new but she's not exempted with the rule. She still has to be punished after reacting on Jiyong. Should have controlled herself and report what happened rather." The Principal sighs and when she checks the contact numbers on her records. There's only one. "I need to contact her parents about this so they'll be aware with what she did."

 

"Wait, her parents aren't in the city right now. You can't ask them to travel long for this, can you?" Seohyun tried to stopped her.

 

"How'd you know? You already know her before she transferred her, Ms Seo?" The Principal raises her eyebrows.

 

"Um... She's, she's... My neighbor. But I know her parents aren't here." Seohyun sighs. "Please don't call them."

 

"Well at least they-"

 

"Just tell her to tell her parents." She suggested. The Principal got quite as she thinks it over. Seohyun patiently wait for her reconsideration. 'Yoona deserves better than being punished.' She believes it.

 

"Fine." The Principal finally made a decision. "I won't tell them and no need to tell her to tell her parents. Just clean the entire basketball gym later. You two, you need to clean it."

 

"How about the bullies?" Seohyun didn't expect it.

 

"I will call them over also and punish them. So, you don't have to worry. You guys start cleaning the gym when she returns." The Principal said and closes her records of the new student.

 

Seohyun was happy to hear it and she got up, bowing a lot of thanks while thanking her. "I'll just see her outside the comfort room. Thank you so much again, Ma'am." She didn't wait for her response and left the office right away.

 

Yoona who just cleaned herself exited the comfort room, surprised to see Seohyun waiting outside. "I-I thought-"

 

"Let's go change our clothes." Seohyun cut her words off and hook her arm with the deer, as she drags her along with her. "We're going to clean the basketball gym."

 

"Chincha? Just that?" Yoona didn't expect it's a simple punishment.

 

"Yah, it's not just that. The gym is big. So, we have to hurry or we're going to missed the entire afternoon session." Seohyun didn't think twice and she drags the deer and started running.

 

Yoona chuckled and she joins the younger one as they race to the locker room.

 

 

***

 

 

Wearing their PE uniform, the two youngsters started cleaning the basketball court with their mops. At first, they're quiet and lazy but as soon as Seohyun started running around, pushing the mop, Yoona joined her and they end up chasing each other around the basketball court. It was much better than just walking because it was too big for them to clean it.

 

"Are we done?" However, it's tiring as well. Seohyun is the first one to give up as she stopped from cleaning, sitting on the floor while catching her breath and letting her sweat drops from her head. Her entire shirt is wet from all the sweats that she releases.

 

Yoona who was ahead of the younger girl jogs back to approached her. She herself is exhausted. "Just few more rounds. I think the entire gym is cleaned." She lowered herself to take a seat across her. "Do you want to drink?" She asks while catching her breath as well.

 

"Yes. I'm... thirsty." Seohyun wiped off her sweats on her forehead using the back of her forearm. "I'll get us drinks." She got up before she volunteers.

 

Yoona is speechless. She just watched the younger girl jogging away. She took the chance to relax herself and looked around. "Seohyun is a swimmer, I wonder where's the swimming pool?" she hasn't seen the entire school, it gets her excited when it crosses her mind. She wanted to see her going on competitions. It will be so fun, cheering for her.

 

"Tsk,tsk." Taeyeon appears from the exit door and keep her intense eyes on the doe-eyed while walking closer and closer until Yoona recognized her. "What did you just do?"

 

Yoona quickly got up and bowed 180 degrees. "I'm so sorry. I didn't intend to do it. I'm really so sorry. Please have some mercy, Sunbae." She knows what she did was wrong and against the law.

 

"You created another trouble, don't you think I will pass this, this time?" Taeyeon seriously responded. "You need to be punished."

 

Yoona dropped on her knees and begs. "Please, Please, Please! Don't punish me more." She closed her eyes while begging as she rubs her both hands. "I promise I will control my temper. I will do my best to control it. Just please don't-"

 

"I'll see you later." Taeyeon reminded and she turns on her body, leaving the gym. Her body slowly disappears.

 

Yoona dropped on the floor with a sad pout. She knocks her own head in frustration. "Stop being stupid." She felt anxious at the same time knowing she disappointed Taeyeon.

 

"It's here!" Seohyun enters the court while holding two bottles of water. She took a seat on the floor and passes the other bottle to the doe-eyed. "Are you okay?" But she noticed something weird on her.

 

"Yes. I'm just... tired." Yoona replied as she sighs and took a few gulps of the bottle of water. She smiles right after, assuring the younger girl.

 

"I thought you're giving up already." Seohyun smiled back before taking her turn and drink her water. "By the way, they already posted the drawings. We should check later."

 

"What did you draw earlier?" Yoona quickly teases the younger girl. She's curious herself since then.

 

"Why would I tell you? What did you draw too, eh?" Seohyun turned the table that instant.

 

"Why would I tell you too? It's a secret." Yoona softly chuckled.

 

"Silly." Seohyun couldn't help and hit the deer on her arm. "Come on, let's clean this up." She got up and grab her mop again. "We have to finish before the bell rang. Basketball Players are going to use this."

 

"As you say so." With that said, Yoona resumes where she left, which the younger girl follows.

 

"Hey, you haven't explained. Why didn't you tell me you're going the same school as me? I think I have mentioned my school?" Seohyun almost forgot about it. Gladly it crosses her mind while mopping the floor continuously.

 

"I wanted to tell you but I actually forgot about it. But I think there's no thrill if I did tell you." Yoona chuckles at the end earning a poker face from the younger girl. She stuck her tongue and the latter suddenly splattered the water from her mop. "Y-Yah!" covered herself with her hand but she keeps doing it. "Aish!" so she dips her mop to the water on and quickly do her revenge.

 

Seohyun laughs but as she was about to the same, Yoona is coming towards her. She got nothing to do but to run away.

 

And they end up playing with the water, like it's their own basketball gym.

 

 

***

 

 

After serving their punishment, Yoona and Seohyun proceed to see the drawings that not only her classmates are looking but also the other section. They both arrived where crowd of students are now trying to see their drawings.

 

"I think I saw your drawing, Hyun." Jungkook was there also. He's taller than them so he can easily see the drawings.

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun got hype after hearing it.

 

"It's next to the top 1." Jungkook happily shared. "But I don't know whose drawing it is."

 

"Maybe, Yoona's." Seohyun automatically looked at the deer standing on her left with a teasing smile.

 

"No way my drawing will be on top. It was ugly for it to be on top." Yoona is not confident. She's sure it won't even get into the top 10.

 

"How about yours, kook?" Seohyun shifted her attention to her best friend.

 

"Nah, couldn't see mine." Jungkook is quite sad but he expected it.

 

"It's okay. I'm sure next time."

 

"Seohyun's right." Yoona agrees with a big grin on her face.

 

Jungkook smiled back at the doe-eyed. "We'll see about that."

 

Slowly, the students are in ahead of them are starting to leave. Yoona is the first one to move forward and check the drawings. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw her drawing at number 3 and she couldn't say about it.

 

"Oh, you are on top 3." Seohyun got excited but as she observes the drawing closely, she felt goosebumps because Yoona obviously drew her. The drawing was on their class, while she's focusses on her drawing. "Did you just... "

 

"Angels?" Yoona raises her eyebrows to Seohyun. The latter drew an angel, saving a person which looks like the time she saved her from falling.

 

Blushing, the younger girl nodded. "I told you, it was an angel why I survived that fall." she said softly.

 

"What did I miss?" Jungkook asked raising his eyebrows too. "This happened to you, Hyun?"

 

Seohyun nodded proudly. "I've been telling you about angels, Kook. They're real... but not all are good." She sighs, recalling the accident. "This angel, she saved me from falling. The night of Christmas."

 

"Did you see it, Yoona?" Jungkook's attention turned to the doe-eyed, who's quiet.

 

"I would love to see that but... I only found her already on the park." Yoona keep her words. "I'm thankful of that angel from saving her." She warmly smiled to the younger girl who is smiling back at her.

 

"So that's true." Jungkook is convinced. "Hope to see one." And he got interested with them eventually.

 

"Excuse me." Suddenly, a student asks him to give him a way. He casually moved a side as a female student taller than the two check the drawings.

 

"Oh . I came on top."

 

Seohyun, Yoona and Jungkook all looked into each other's eyes and then to the student who came on top.

 

"Sorry about that."

 

"Are you the other student?" Jungkook guesses.

 

"What do you mean, Kook?" Seohyun confusedly responded.

 

"I mean, there are two new students in Junior High. Are you the other? Because I haven't seen you." He explained further earning a goofy smile from the new student who bowed and introduced herself.

 

"I'm Choi Sooyoung. It's nice to meet you three."

 

"Wait, are you on the same class as us?" Seohyun curiously ask.

 

"I'm... section 1."

 

"Just like what I expect." Jungkook extended his hand. "I'm Jungkook, we're your classmates."

 

Sooyoung took his hand and shake hands with him. "It's nice to meet you." Flashing a friendly smile.

 

"Seohyun here." Seohyun introduced herself as well and shook hand with her.

 

"I'm a new student too. I'm Im Yoona." Yoona enthusiastically introduced herself and casually shake hands with the same as her. "But we didn't see you earlier?"

 

"I arrived late." Sooyoung embarrassingly replied. "But I was lucky our teacher gives me the chance to do what you guys did earlier."

 

"No wonder." Seohyun, Yoona and Jungkook all said.

 

"Anyway, I gotta go now. It's nice meeting you three. See you tomorrow." She bowed her head and jogs away from them.

 

"She seems nice." Yoona smiled, excited to see the taller girl more, since they came on the same day.

 

"Hold on, I have to go first too. Appa is fetching me early today, Hyun. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Yah, Im Yoona, take care of my best friend in behalf of me first." Jungkook noticed the time and she hurriedly left as well but did not missed to remind the deer.

 

"Aren't we going to check the exam result?" Yoona couldn't missed it. She wanted to see the result.

 

"I already checked earlier. Likewise, I came almost at the end of pass grades." Seohyun chuckled bitterly. "But at least I pass. Come on, let's get going too." she felt so exhausted already and wanted to go home early.

 

Yoona give the younger one a pat on the head. "Good job today, Joohyun." Praising her even after what happened.

 

"You too." Seohyun giggles and petted the deer playfully.

 

 

***

 

 

Yoona never felt like a living human. After cleaning the entire basketball gym, she felt great despite feeling exhausted. She wanted to do that again but that would be too much. Otherwise, she'll not be able to continue her mission. Maybe when she's done, she'll do the same deed.

 

"What's with the smile?" Seohyun is amuse when she returned to where the doe-eyed is waiting for her. She's sitting in a bench, in the school's park.

 

"I... I just felt great after cleaning the entire gym." Yoona said as she keeps her smile. "Let's go?" She got up and ask her, ready to go home.

 

"Do you know that there's a coffee shop here?" Seohyun suddenly thought of the best coffee shop in their school.

 

"There is?"

 

"You'll love it there. I always go there before going home. Come on." she runs away playfully.

 

Yoona smiled brightly as she finds it interesting. She catches up with the younger girl right away when the latter started slowing down and decided to just walk with her. "The school is too big, isn't it?" She loves it. It's like a big town with a lot of places to go. And it's amazing that there are more trees around than in their apartment building.

 

"It's a private school after all." Seohyun flashes a cute smile. "You should actually go around to see more interesting places. There's more of this school than only staying in one classroom."

 

"What's your favorite place here, then?" Yoona took the chance and ask the younger.

 

"Definitely... the pool." Seohyun giggles. "But besides that, I love coffee shop because the owner is friendly and also the football field." Just as she mentioned it, they're now reaching the said place. Their heads tilt on their right as they walk casually. "I love sitting on the grass. Of course, on the side and watch the players practice. But it's winter so it's hard to see them practicing."

 

"You love that sport too?"

 

"Yup. But I love swimming more."

 

Yoona smiled in amused. "When am I going to see that?"

 

"Hmm?" Seohyun's attention turned to the deer without stopping on their tracks.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter