The President 28: Jobless

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

28 | Jobless

 

 

***

 

 

It was a quiet ride back to the Blue House. Not even his Driver said something about the suspension. They're sad, not only him. And it was sadder to see the maids and butlers greeted him with big bow when he arrived. Everyone knows what happened.

 

"I'm still the President, aren't I? It's just a suspension." He chuckled to lift up their moods. But no one reacted. He smiled a little and continue his way upstairs to his office where his Blue House staffs are gathered.

 

"We heard the news Mister President." His Chief of Staff said with a sad face.

 

"We're going to miss you." And the others followed in chorus.

 

"For 60 days." He told them. It's like two months only and he believes it will come by fast. "Before you guys know it, I'm back." He reassured them but they got emotional and Secretary Kim couldn't hold back as she cried standing next to him. "Aigoo, please don't let this hard for me to leave. It's not like it's the end of the world already."

 

"It feels like." Secretary Kim shouted as she sobs harder. She however stopped from crying when she realized everyone's attention are now on her. Especially the President. "Well, you-you are... R-right. It's just 60 days. But what if after that you won't able to return?"

 

"That's enough for me to keep my therapy, Miss Kim. I doubt I won't able to fail you guys. I'm worried if I came back you guys are not here anymore."

 

"No way!"

 

"That's not going to happen!"

 

"We'll wait for you!"

 

"But we are going to miss you."

 

"Especially me." Secretary Kim ended everyone's words by mentioning herself and they rolled their eyes on her. "Yah! I can't take serving a different boss starting tomorrow. I mean you know I am always by his side." She tried to defend herself but she failed.

 

"Anyway, I think I should start getting my stuffs." Yoong smiled brightly to give energy to everyone. "You guys don't want me to do this on my own, do you?" He chuckled when he didn't see any response. But they automatically moved their feet as they help him bring his stuffs in the office into his boxes.

 

-

 

A heavy and long sigh escapes his lips as soon as he finished putting his personal belongings to his fourth box, not including his clothes yet. He couldn't hold back and feel emotional as he reminisces the memories he had in his room. Most are his stress over work and recently when he started feeling something for Seohyun until the first night they sleep in his room. It was all memorable that he will really be missed. He has four more years on his term and it's a pity that he might not able to continue it. But he would gladly embrace what's ahead of him.

 

Getting up, he proceeds to his closet and started packing them to his luggage waiting for it.

 

 

***

 

 

"How did you do that?" Siwon is amazed by their youngest after learning that indeed, the young President has split personalities. "Dealing with different personalities is like dealing with three people."

 

"They don't come out at the same time though. Of course, it's easy for me to handle it." Said Seohyun before she bites on her porridge while her brothers are sitting next to her hospital bed.

 

"Wait, but aren't you confused?" Taecyeon wonders.

 

"At first I was but I base it on their hair-color." She smiled.

 

"That's out of this world. Never heard someone who has split personality like that and their hair-color changes." Joongki shares his thoughts.

 

"I've researched about it and there's one who possess the same illness as him. The doctor who is attending on him said it was because of their strong will to introduce themselves-that they're not him. It's like a natural effect of having split personalities. But if they completely heal, that will stop from changing. The original color will hold on it." Seohyun shared what she learned this past week. She really thinks the President has the chance to completely heal. Especially now that Yoongie has disappeared.

 

"It amazes me more how he can able to work well while having a split personality. It will go crazy to be honest If I'm in his position." Siwon said as he took a gulp on his bottle of water. "He can even do his job well as the President. At his young age, that's totally awesome."

 

"Yeah, no one can do that except him." Joongki agrees. "He's like a superman."

 

"And you're wonder woman." Siwon chuckled as he playfully said.

 

Seohyun laughs recalling back when her boyfriend innocently called her the same. "He also told me that."

 

"He agrees with me then."

 

"But he doesn't know who is she. I thought she knows about her but he doesn't. Aigoo."

 

"He sounds innocent, Hyun." Taecyeon commented.

 

"He really is when it comes to things he hasn't experienced or known. But he is not innocent over politics. I think he got too focus on it that he forgot to learn the other stuffs." Seohyun continues to share about him that she felt proud about it. "He's really special."

 

"Not surprising you fell for him." Joongki teasingly said.

 

"And he fell for you." Siwon giggles feeling giddy inside. He really is so happy for their dongseng.

 

"We are really going to have a big family soon." Joongki couldn't help and imagine their reunions back home. It will be so noisy.

 

"Will He love that!?!"

 

"Definitely." Responded Seohyun positively. Yoong is someone who always love to learn new things and meet more friends. He can imagine how will he be influenced by her brothers. She can't wait to see it in reality.

 

"speaking of him, have you mentioned about the heart transplant?"

 

"I did and he was stunned and worried"

 

"We'll get updates about available donor for you." Joongki said and smiled "I'm confident you'll have a smooth transplant.

 

"Me too."

 

"Me three."

 

"Me four." Seohyun ended it and they all laugh like fools.

 

 

***

 

 

A loud thud filled the entire room followed by a groan from a young gentleman who was apparently on the floor. He faces the floor when he fell on his bed that causes a small red spot on his forehead. He pulled himself up and sat down on the floor, taking his time rubbing his eyes gently and yawning so big. Once he had a full vision of the room, he mentally reminded himself that he's now back on his old modern house that he before he entered politics. And it felt odd. He wasn't used to it. Especially that he is now alone and there's no secretary knocking on his door to greet him and send him breakfast sometimes.

 

Getting up slowly, he lazily returned to bed and close his eyes again in attempt to sleep but his phone rings on top of the night stand that it startle him and he groaned as he reluctantly reached for it and eyes widened when the screen is showing his girlfriend, asking him to face time with him. He hastily sits up and fix his hair a little before he pressed the answer button. "Hey." He greeted her with a shameless smile.

 

[Yoong? You're still in your bed?] Seohyun can be seen on the video, trying to see her boyfriend's background. But she noticed something on his forehead. [Did you bump yourself?]

 

"Uh. I just honestly woke up. It wasn't a good morning. I fell from my bed." He confessed shyly.

 

[You just woke up?] Seohyun was surprised to learn that she unconsciously raises her voice. [It's already 10 in the morning!]

 

"Chincha?" He quickly checks the digital clock on his night stand and indeed it's 10:30 in the morning. That trigger his hungry stomach as it growls. "Ugh, I'm hungry."

 

[Heol, you don't have a chef anymore, baby. Go cook for yourself but don't hang up.]

 

"It looked like." He smiled sheepishly as he got out of bed and still put the phone in front of her while walking out of his room.

 

[Damn, you need to put ointment on that bump. It will swell] Seohyun commented as she can see it clearly from where she is.

 

He rub his forehead gently. "No worries. I have it on my medicine kit." And reassured her. But he suddenly stopped on his tracks when he noticed something in the living room.

 

[Wae?]

 

"I think my blue house staff sneak in last night to clean my house. It's completely spotless. I told them not to." He said and looked at his girlfriend on the phone.

 

[That's so sweet for them. I would definitely do if I go there, baby.] Seohyun sweetly said, flashing a sweet smile at the same time.

 

"Aish. They're so stubborn." He mumbles and resumes his way to the kitchen where he suddenly remembers he has to cook. Therefore, his fear of fire will be tested since his stove is not electric. "What am I going to do?" He suddenly felt anxious.

 

[Open your fridge and took eggs and ham if you have that also.] Seohyun instructed and giggles.

 

Yoong decided to put the phone down but making sure she can still see him by placing inside the cup. He went to the fridge and checked what his Secretary have bought last night. There are vegetables, fruits, eggs, meat, bottles of water and hams. He took two eggs and return to his girlfriend. "I have it here." He showed it to the camera.

 

[Break it to the pan as soon as it heats up.] Seohyun instructed.

 

"So, I have to open the stove?"

 

[Of course. Don't worry it'll be fine.]

 

Yoong faces the stove and felt nervous. The thought of the fire the last time suddenly flashes back and he felt like burning. "Seohyunnie..." He trembles in fear.

 

[Push it and turn it to the left left.] She continues instructing him. [Come on, you can't feed yourself if you can't do that on your own. I thought the Blue House Chef once cooked with you.]

 

"We did but it was him who turned this thing on." Yoong's voice is shaky as he felt like dizzy. Heart is pounding so much. “And that was an electric stove.”

 

[Listen, you have to face your fear. Otherwise, you can't feed yourself if I am not by your side. Don't settle on food deliveries for the rest of your life, do you? Just think of this like a game. You turn that on and you will be granted with a prize. My Yoong is the best! He always is the best! Go go go my boyfie!] She cheered up so loud. It was lucky that her brothers are out to see the doctor. [Take a deep breath and slowly exhale]

 

Yoong did as what she can hear from his girlfriend and he brave himself to touch the stove's valve and slowly he pushed it.

 

[Then turned it on.]

 

Slowly, he turned it clockwise and the fire automatically showed from the burner. He jumps in surprised and grabs the pan to cover his face from it. "Andwae! Andwae! Andwae!"

 

[Yah! Put the pan to the burner!] Seohyun chuckled.

 

"On top of it?"

 

[What else?]

 

"B-But."

 

[It's just a second. It won't get hurt.]

 

Yoong gulped nervously as he slowly complies. But he mentally scolded himself as it really was fine. "Next?" He asks like a student.

 

[Oil.]

 

"Oh yeah." He quickly got the oil from his cabinets above and put some on the pan.

 

[Wait for a minute before cracking the eggs to the pan.]

 

He let out a huge relieved of exhale. And his lips curved into an innocent yet charming smile. He felt good about it. Like he just got into a war of his fear and he won.

 

[Good job, baby. You have more than a prize later you come here.]

 

"What?"

 

[Later. You're not yet done there.]

 

Yoong pout his lips cutely as he faces the pan again. It looked hot already that he just mindlessly breaks the egg into the pan without using anything. "Omo, omo." The oil looked like it will hit him when small portion of it started splattering out of the pan. He got the pot's cover and hide from it. As if it helps him.

 

[Ugh, you dropped the shells on the pot. You have to undo it.]

 

"What?!" He exclaimed.

 

[Take the shell out from the pan and do it again! Are you going to eat that also?!] She scolded. [Aigoo you're giving me early stress here.

 

"Seriously?" Yoong whined in complaint.

 

 

***

 

 

2 hours and half just to be able to cooked two fried eggs but it wasn't enough his hungry stomach as he passes the lunch time and there are no eggs left after using all of them. He decided to have it in the hospital since he doesn't have any plans for his first day outside the Blue House. He felt unusual but it's great at the same time because he doesn't have to wear business suits and black leather shoes. It felt so good to only wear on his sneakers, shorts and polo shirt. Without guards and Secretary Kim by his side he felt lonely however while driving to the hospital.

 

"Hey." Once his phone rings, he quickly answered it through his Bluetooth earpiece. "I'm on my way."

 

[Are you sure you are not going to visit your doctor today?]

 

"Nope. Tomorrow, I'll do it once I set an appointment. Are your brothers there?"

 

[Taecyeon Oppa is with me. Drive safe.]

 

"I am right now. Did the doctor already confirmed the donor?"

 

[Yes, and Siwon Oppa and JoongKi Oppa are processing on it.]

 

"I don't understand."

 

[They have to meet with the family's donor and personally thank them for giving their late daughter's heart to me.]

 

"Oh, that's so good to know, baby." Yoong smiled brightly. Despite his struggle earlier, good news came to save his day. "I'm getting closer to the hospital." He added.

 

[I'm hanging up now, see you.]

 

"Love you." He answered earning a giggle before it ends. It wasn't long enough and he arrived in the hospital. He couldn't go straight however when he realizes there's a coffee shop and line-up to buy for Seohyun's brothers and him, since his girlfriend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter