The President 05: Innocence

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

05 | Innocence

 

***

 

After a moment of silence, Yoong finally pulled back and smiled to the young agent, shyly. "Thank you." Sincerely, he says. It was amazing and he felt so relax now compared to earlier. The comfort he received absolutely helps him. "Um, you should go back to your post now."

 

"Don't mention it." Seohyun smiled back. "But to be honest, if you felt stress or sad... just tell me, so I could hug you again. Because there's a study that says, a hug is more powerful than any alcohol. Don't get me wrong... I-I just felt like helping you, Mister President." she said with a friendly smile, hoping the President wouldn't embarrass her.

 

"Chincha?" Yoong didn't expect to hear it to be honest. "I don't know about that." and it makes him chuckle a little, rubbing the back of his head at the same time.

 

"Wait." Seohyun unconsciously reached for the President's hair and she brushed it gently with her fingers, surprising the deer, who looked at her only. She smiled and finally put her hand off. "I think I mess it a little, hehe." she looked away, instantly.

 

"Thanks." A shy smile appears in the young president's face.

 

Seohyun's phone suddenly rings under her pocket and she just hastily took it, only to see one of her brother calling her but before she can answer it, it ended. She then received a message - a picture was sent that has a caption: 'Wow, our sister is getting popular. Don't forget to give us autograph. hehehe' "What the." The picture shows of a TV screen, which has her, besides the President.

 

"Hmm?" Yoong is curious.

 

"My brother captured me." Seohyun said and quickly deleted it before the President can see it. "I'll see you later, Mister President." She didn't want to see his reaction and she animatedly leaves the room.

 

Agape and dumbfounded, Yoong could only chuckle a little and sighs while smiling.

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun is calling back her brother who sent the message. "Yah! What the hell was that, Oppa?" While she's making her outside the blue house.

 

[Wae? Is it wrong to be proud of our sister in a world news?] It's Joongki who is smiling so wide over the next line.

 

"Well, I am with the President and he almost saw the picture. Seriously! Why do you have to embarrass me?!"

 

[Two reasons only.]

 

"What?!" She annoyingly replied.

 

[You are our sister... And second, we love you. Hehehe...] Joongki snickered.

 

"Are you sure you are 30 plus?"

 

[Wae? Do I sound like 2 years old?!]

 

"No! You sound like a 50-year-old man! Come to your sense Oppa! I'm already 20!"

 

[28 you mean?!]

 

"I'm in my twenties."

 

[Ugh, Just drop it. I know you have something to tell me other than arguing about age.]

 

Seohyun almost laugh after she heard her brother giving up. "Yeah, I do have something to ask." And she looked around first to make sure she's safe to talk about it. Once she noticed she's alone, she speaks back. "Can you investigate who is the culprit of the bombing?"

 

[Honestly you don't have to ask.]

 

"Huh?"

 

[We are already looking on it. But just want to remind you, your job is to protect the President not to mind this matter. Don't worry, we got this, okay?]

 

Seohyun sighs in relief. "That's good to hear."

 

[How is he doing then? I mean, he is young and for the first time, he is facing this.]

 

"He is stress about this of course. But he is quite unprofessional on how to handle this. I'm glad he has his adviser and cabinet members to be there for him. I'm sure he will get this through." Seohyun confidently said.

 

[That's good to hear. I'm sure you will also help him.]

 

"Absolutely." She smiled proudly.

 

[Wow, you sounded like you're now close with the President, eh? Like you've been there for a whole year?] Joongki teased like he always does for their only sister.

 

"This job is too easy. Why don't you give me a challenging mission, eh?"

 

[Ha! Because it's still so early, you can say that. But brace yourself cause it's not always it's easy, Seo Joo Hyun! You see in the movies?]

 

"Oppa, I'll call you back." Seohyun immediately ended the call and place it on her pocket the moment she caught Donghae from the distances, approaching her. She flashes him a friendly smile the moment he stood in front of her. "What's up?"

 

"You haven't heard the new order?" Donghae ask, rising his eyebrows.

 

"Order? I didn't receive any of the order yet. Wae?"

 

"Well, starting at 5 later, we will go on 24 hours around the palace. It's a new order coming from the chief. So prepare yourself, Agent Seo." Donghae informed and gives her a pat on her shoulder before he walks away.

 

"24 hours?" Seohyun took her phone out and checks the time. Her eyes widened because she only has 30 minutes to prepare. "Sh*t." She hurriedly runs all the way to her dorm. She got too immense talking with her brother that she's still working at the moment.

 

When she arrived, she just kicks her heels carelessly on the side and headed to the kitchen. She could hear her stomach grumbling on the way and all that she thinks right now is to eat a lot. It's a 24 hour being awake, she will not have a break later for sure.

 

After having her supper, she took a shower for about fifteen minutes only and put on a new suit for just minute. She however took some time to pony tail her hair because she couldn't decide if she's going to put it high or just low. But she ends up putting it high and before she leaves, she receives a call that ask her whereabouts. "Sh*t." Only to realize, she's fifteen minutes late on her work. She had to run again back to the palace and arrived embarrassingly there because besides her, everyone has been there and is waiting for her before they listen to their leader, as they will be assigned in each corner around the blue house.

 

 

***

 

 

Yoong give his last note with his staff before he ended the meeting and he left the briefing room with Secretary Kim walking besides him in the hallway. She bowed at him as she left him in front of his room, which is the master's bedroom of the house.

 

It's another stressfull night for him. The only difference is, it's a problem--A hue problem he should solve as soon as possible.

 

"Aigoo... " He let out a huge sigh as he fell on her back on top of her bed. He closes his eyes slowly. "Relax... Im Yoong... Relax... " In attempt to relax not just his exhausted body but also his mind that had been full since the bombing. It's not easy and it's eating his mind. However, as the President, he has to relax as well, otherwise, he can make a mistake and will risk the safety of the country.

 

After a few minutes, he sits up, take off his blazer and loosen up his necktie. He gets on his feet and walks to his window casually. 'Oh.' He immediately noticed that outside, new recruits and old securities are outside, scattered around the palace. "So this is what Secretary Kim have mentioned." He slowly turned to leave but suddenly turned because he recognizes someone's figure. "Agent Seo." That brought a smile on his face.

 

Just then, his head suddenly aches and his visions started to blur. "Ugh... Not now." He hastily rushed to his bathroom in search for his medicine but before he can grab it, his hair started to change its color; from the back until it reached the top. He is holding the edge of the counter while he endures the pain on his head.

 

After a moment, he relaxes and his eyes fluttered open, slowly looking up as he looked at himself through the mirror. His lips curved into a smirk, as Yoongie finds himself so handsome. "Hi, Yoongie. It's been a while." greeted himself then completely takes the tie off of him. He made his way out while taking his white top off of him, his pants and just throw it somewhere before he opens the closet and search for his favorite hoodie shirt. "Someone did a lot of work today again... eh? Don't worry, Yoongie is going to have some fun." Taking the shirt from the hanger and a new pants, he them on in no time and put on his glasses before heading out, going straight to the kitchen. "I'm sure going to see my wife again later. I should impress her." giggles him while he is taking some vegetables out of the fridge and put them into a paper bag he found from the cabinet.

 

Satisfied, he was about to leave when he saw a maid entering the kitchen. "Anyeong." He wave his hand and bowed a couple of times while making his way out. Once his outside, he animatedly returned upstairs and went straight to his room, hugging the paper bag on his chest. He locked the door, took a flash light from the drawer and grabs the key of the blue house before he once again opens the closet. He parted the hanging clothes and step inside, so he can slide the wall on the side, which is a door to a secret tunnel. He stepped in and closes the door gently, as he climbed down and jumps down once he had enough steps. Opening his flash light, He never wasted time and he walks his way out like a ninnja. His smile reappears as he gets excited to see Seohyun again.

 

 

***

 

 

Being assigned at the back of the blue house is boring task for Seohyun, who loves to be with someone rather than being alone. She however couldn't decline and do as she was told. They have to stay on alert to make sure no one will harm the President of South Korea. Gladly, It had been two hours since she took her post and she hasn't felt any drowsiness. Being raise in a different time zone seems helping is always helping her with her work if she's in a different country.

 

"Who the... " In the middle of her work, she however suddenly spotted a figure coming from elsewhere and is getting closer to her position. She ready herself, taking her revolver from her back and hold it down, as her eyes tries to recognize the figure.

 

Closer and closer she clears and brace herself for anything that will happen. But as she holds up the gun, "Freeze." And she announced.

 

"Oh my God! I was just passing by!" Yoongie dropped the paper bag as he put his hands up. Eyes close tight, ready for any pain he'll receive from any bullet.

 

"Yoongie?!" Seohyun quickly hides her gun at her back as she recognizes both the face and the voice. "What the heck are you doing here?!" She exclaimed.

 

Yoongie opened his eyes just to widen it. "Omo, my wife." As he quickly smiles gleefully. "You are here!!!" He didn't think twice and he throws his arms around her. But only to be pushed away.

 

"Do you know what is going on?!" Seohyun realized Yoongie shouldn't be out. "Yah! You should go back inside! It's dangerous!" She commanded and tried to grab his wrist only to be rejected.

 

"No way!" Said Yoongie as he steps back. "I'm not going back! At least before I go somewhere. Wait, why are here? What are you doing in a cold and quite place? You should go inside instead of me! You'll catch a cold, wifey!"

 

"I'm working and you know what I mean. But that doesn't matter here." Seohyun tried to grab the blonde guy's arm but only to fail again.

 

"I don't want." Yoongie stuck his tongue out and quickly runs away.

 

Seohyun wanted ro chase him but she thought of her work however, she couldn't just let him go by himself when it's still so dangerous. "Aish!" And Yoong sure will scold him if she doesn't stop him. So she chases him in defeat. "Comeback here!!!" She chases him around and around, like she is babysitting a four-year-old kid who wants to run away from his nanny. But all of it ended when he enters a male public comfort room. And all she can do is to wait outside, while making sure everyone that's entering the public comfort room doesn't have any suspicious aura.

 

"Ugh, doesn't he want to go somewhere? What's keeping him inside?" She noticed that Yoongie is taking some time inside, measuring her patience like hell. "Aish." She started walk back and forth, while still doing her job, as a lot of guys are walking inside and coming out are noticing her behavior. She couldn't careless and gives them constant bows and friendly smiles.

 

As soon as she saw him walking out with his hood on and lowering his head, she crosses her arms, eyebrows rises and watches him walk until he's in front of her, "Yoongie, stop!" She commanded like a soldier.

 

Yoongie stopped that instant, turned to face her and made a salute in front of her. "Permission to enter the camp, Sir!" She said seriously at the same time. But she grinned and quickly runs away.

 

Seohyun automatically chases him again. But this time, she got him through his hood, that caused him almost immediately.

 

"Araso, araso, araso. I'm not running away anymore." Yoongie gives up as he couldn't breathe due to the hold.

 

"Better be." Seohyun slowly let go and the latter cough a few times while he turns around to face her. "Now, tell me where you are going?"

 

"What day is today?" Asked Yoongie while rubbing his neck. "I am supposed to make you a hot pot but you point a gun in front of me that I have to let go my paper bag. Now tell me what day is today?"

 

"Wednesday. And you know what's going on in the country right now?"

 

"I don't care about this country." Yoongie turns around and started walking away.

 

"Yah! I am telling you the truth. It's dangerous for you to go around!" Seohyun eventually caught up with him.

 

"No one knows me except you... " Yoongie suddenly stopped on his tracks and looked at the lady next fo him.

 

"What?"

 

"What's your name again?" He forgot that he has to ask her back. Besides the 'wife' he remembers and her face, the name suddenly disappeared in his memory.

 

"Seo Joohyun. Wait, you forgot my name?"

 

"Okay, Seo Joohyun. Yeah, my wifey Seohyun. My beautiful wifey, Seohyunnie that likes ramen and she really loves to chase me. Why so adorable?!" Yoongie giggles and pinched her cheeks with a quick kiss on her cheek. He instantly walks away victoriously.

 

Seohyun is dumbfounded for at least a couple of seconds, as she hastily catches up with him before he disappears from her sight. She couldn't talk with him when he suddenly held a cab and close the door before she enters. "Open the door." She commanded strictly, sending him glares.

 

Yoongie pouted and opens it like a kid that got scolded.

 

"Where are we going?" Ask Seohyun once she got inside next go the stubborn and choding Yoongie side of the President of South Korea.

 

"Guess?" grinned Yoongie.

 

"How can I guess when your brain is always confusing?" Seohyun stated as a matter off act.

 

"Come on, guess it. You have no fun, wifey." Yoongie whine as he shakes the latter's arm. "Please!!!"

 

"Sheesh. I hate you." mumbles the young agent. "Alright, I'll think first." she pause and looked outside the window, to see if she's familiar with the street they're passing. Unfortunately, she doesn't even know a thing. 'I'm from DC. How would I know?' she thought, reminding herself that it's freaking a decade since she last seen Seoul. Clearing , she just randomly guesses it. "Restaurant? That restaurant of your Grandma?"

 

"What do you think of me? I always eat? Ugh, you're really so boring. You only love eating."

 

Seohyunw was about to hit the deer’s head when she thought of the President. "Aish." So she keep her hand to herself and defends herself, "I'm not boring, who told you I am? What... what do you call what happened to us yesterday, eh? Tsk,tsk." she shakes her head.

 

"Then why can't you guess where we are going?" Teases Yoongie, smiling goofily.

 

Seohyun scoffs. "Because I don't know your mind and the streets out there, I don't know... them." she murmured her last word.

 

"Hahaha... " Yoongie laughs. "I can't believe you. How are you... like this? I think you are the only person I know that don't know this place. Hahaha!"

 

"Seriously." Seohyun rolled her eyes, totally annoyed.

 

"Wait." The doe-eyed blonde guy finally stopped from laughing and noticed something. "Where's the necklace?" He pointed to her neck.

 

Seohyun looked down and touched her neck. "Omo, where is it?" As it surprises her the necklace she wore early this morning is now gone. "I... I don't know where it is now."

 

"Ha! You forgot to wear it or you throw it away?" Yoongie is upset. "How are you so careless?"

 

"I really don't know! I mean, I wore it early this morning...and it seems..."

 

"You lost it?" Yoongie rolled his eyes. "I hate you." He looked away, crossed his arms and sulk. His mood has absolutely dropped. "You don't care for me, do you? No one always care for Yoongie, even my wife. This is so sad." she pouts, looking down to his lap.

 

'What the. Is he bipolar?' Seohyun is agape, watching the deer sulking like a kid. "Um, Okay. I will find it later. I'm pretty sure it's just in my room. So, no need to sulk-"

 

"How are you so sure when you don't know that you lost it?" Yoongie glares and sulks again. "You should apologize."

 

Seohyun was about to react when she realized, the driver of the cab is watching them from his rear-view mirror. She smiled awkwardly to him and scooted closer to the younger version of the President. She leans into her ear and whispers, "I'm sorry. I'm really so sorry, Yoongie. Please forgive me."

 

"Chincha?"

 

"Yes."

 

"You mean it?" Yoongie finally turned to face her, but still with a sulky face.

 

Seohyun sighs and nodded. "I promise, I will search for it."

 

"When?"

 

"Later."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Aigoo, you can trust me."

 

Yoongie finally smiles. "Okay. I will give you until tomorrow at 5pm. I normally comeback around 7."

 

"Really?" Seohyun checks her time immediately and noticed it's 9pm. "That's good to know then. I can exp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter