The President 20: Girlfriend, Boyfriend

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

20 | Girlfriend, Boyfriend

 

 

***

 

 

"Um, you... You are not asking me something I have not thought about." Seohyun tried to process the question and the confession as it was too sudden for her. "I mean-"

 

"Ahahahaha! I was just kidding. I'm trying to give you some nonsense questions. That's totally out of the blue right? Anyway, I think I should..." Yoong pause as he thought of an excuse and his phone vibrating on his pocket quickly saves him. "I'll answer this phone call. Finish your meal." he showed the screen and casually left the ward. He literally let out a huge relief of exhale once he is out. "You just save me." he answered the phone call from the Secretary of defense and proceed to the elevator.

 

Seohyun felt like she misunderstood the President or what? She's confused and regretful because it was her chance to explain herself about his split personalities and her feelings to each of them. " Aigoo, babo. Aish, so babo." she hit her forehead a couple of times before taking the spoon and finally help herself with the meal. "Why didn't I stop him?"

 

It wasn't long enough when Secretary Kim returned and is confused the President is no longer to be found. "Where is he?"

 

"He went out to answer a phone call." Seohyun replied with a half smile.

 

"I see." Secretary Kim nodded and took out something from her pocket. "Here, I retrieve your smartphone from the scene. Glad no one checks it first before me."

 

"Omo, I was thinking about this earlier. Thank you so much." Seohyun brightly thanked as she took her device.

 

"By the way, there was this stranger that calls KIA last night about the bombs and he is right about it. We immediately take an action and successfully defuse them. Do you know who is this? Because they can't trace the caller. But I have a feeling he is someone working in the U.S., so I assume you know? As it concerns about Ares as well."

 

Seohyun didn't expect she will hear it from her but she slowly understands the situation." Last night, Yunho confessed about it. He wasn't aware my brother was connected by me on my earpiece. So he immediately called to give them the awareness. I'm glad they take it seriously and no one was hurt in the process."

 

"That's what I am thankful for. Tell your brother we are gratitude for his quick response."

 

"Sure thing."

 

Secretary Kim took her seat at the edge of the bed. "And what did the President talk about earlier, eh?"

 

"It was just about Ares. Nothing else." Seohyun said as she couldn't look into the secretary's eyes. "Wae?"

 

"I thought... Well, it's a big issue at the moment. He would really be talking about it." Secretary Kim mumbles her last few words. "Anyway, I think I should leave you for now."

 

"Wait, can I ask you something?" Seohyun grabs her hand in time she gets up.

 

"What is it?"

 

"Donghae, he hasn't said anything?"

 

"Oh, speaking about him. He will be transferred tomorrow to bait Ares."

 

"Can I join the team in-"

 

"No." Secretary Kim cut off with a firm reply. "It's not your field, Agent Seo. And you can't leave the hospital until tomorrow. Please cooperate with us even though you are itchy to catch them. The President would be really worry if you insist."

 

"Aigoo, the President is like you." Seohyun sighed in defeat.

 

"Well, she's you comply?" Secretary Kim said as a matter of fact. When the young agent only shrugs her shoulders, she took that as a cue and left the ward.

 

Seohyun's attention went to the TV screen right away and felt helpless, watching how her fellow Agents are doing their best to protect the country. She really can't just stay in a ward without doing anything. She thought about her brother and calls him right away.

 

"Hey, what's the update?"

 

[I was about to call you to be honest. According to what I found out, Ares Korean Group are planning to take the Seoul Tower next week if they can't able to get what they want.]

 

"Seoul Tower? Wasn't that... " Seohyun remembers the padlocks and the people living there to earn money. It causes her heart to tighten. "They need to stop."

 

[What?]

 

"They're planning to transfer Donghae to bait Ares and catch them. I think if they'll not able to get him, they'll blow up the tower. More people will be hurt."

 

[You better tell them about this. We can't risk innocent lives.]

 

"And is it true? Their members have 10 now?"

 

[What you see from the mansion aren't the exact numbers of their members. They have another hideout and it consists of 50 members out there.]

 

". I knew it." Seohyun can't help and curse so loud. "They can't be that accurate when they took the operation last night."

 

[Yeah... and I'm so relieved I'm talking to you right now. I thought you guys weren't able to make it.]

 

"Thank you also, Oppa. Without you, the bombs have exploded already." Seohyun said with gratitude. "They were able to defuse it right away when you told them about the bombs. By the way, they're sending their gratefulness."

 

[Tsk, just an easy job.]

 

"I'll call you back, Oppa." She hastily hangs up upon hearing the door clicks open and put her phone underneath her comforter. She smiled brightly when she finds out it's the doctor visiting her.

 

"You have eaten breakfast?" The Doctor ask once he noticed the empty plates.

 

"Yes, Doctor." Seohyun said softly. As the doctor approached her and check on her wound, she is oblivious with the President outside, listening to what the doctor is saying.

 

'Aigoo, I think it's best to let what she likes to do. I don't like going against with someone.' Yoong realize he really can't stop someone from doing something that she was born for. Her worries are just nonsense. And he also realizes his feelings for her are more than nonsense that he shouldn't take serious about it.

 

 

***

 

 

"I know that face." Secretary Kim greeted Agent Seo while smiling teasingly as the latter is having a confuse look while approaching her by the parking lot. "I told you last night, he's got busy since he left your ward. You know how big the problem he is facing." She smiled. "But no worries, he is taking his medicine to prevent his other selves to appear while in the middle of meetings with government officials and KIA."

 

Seohyun nodded even though she is quiet missing him. She really expects him to come back last night but she spent her the rest of the day and night alone, talking with her brother sometimes. "His parents, have they contacted him since Ares' news?" She asks while putting on her seat belt.

 

"They called but I declined them to reach him. I don't want to distract him." Secretary Kim replied.

 

"I see. That's actually a good decision." Seohyun nodded in understanding. "I was thinking they're worried for him. You know it's the first time he is facing like this big."

 

"Nothing to worry to be honest." Secretary Kim said with a small smile. "Um, before I forgot, he asks me to hand this to you." She handed a small note from her pocket.

 

Seohyun casually took it and reads what's in the note. Her eyes couldn’t believe as it reads,

 

'From now on, you're no longer one of Presidential Security.

I am sending you to KIA, so you can cooperate with the mission freely. Secretary Kim will be sending you to the headquarters.

Best of luck, Agent Seo.' - President Im

 

"He realizes your job to protect him is enough. He sent this request also to CIA and they agreed to this."

 

Even though she is happy to learn it, Seohyun somehow felt a little upset because it's too sudden. She expects to greet him in the Blue House yet to turn it down. "Um, c-can I see him first?"

 

"I'm afraid you can't. The security in the blue house is too strict. They're not allowing anyone to go in unless you're on the list that's fine. I doubt you're on the list." Secretary Kim informs regretfully. She is aware the President is trying to focus on solving the problem without any interruptions and being away from Agent Seo is one way for it, since she distracts him with her feelings for her. As much as she disagrees with his decisions, he can't do anything about it. It might not good with his health also.

 

"Okay." Seohyun understood and smiled a little giving the note back. 'So I can tell the head director directly about Ares' plans then... ' she decided to brushed off what her heart is telling her.

 

"Maybe after this, you can return visiting him again." Secretary Kim said, saving her own words.

 

"I understand. The President can't stay focus if there are distractions. And to be honest, I would like to join the team. I can help them capturing Ares." Seohyun also save herself and half-smiled. "I'll send him a text later about this, instead."

 

"By the way, your stuffs are still in your dorm. You can move them tonight. For now, KIA will be introducing you and giving you brief about the mission."

 

"Thank you, Secretary Kim." Seohyun said softly in sincerity.

 

"No beggies." Secretary Kim winks and gives the young agent a pat on her hand on top of her lap. "Let's make this country safe again, shall we?"

 

"Yes." The young agent only said and turned her head to the window, sighing in the process.

 

-

 

Yoong let out a huge sigh after he had discussions and signing papers. It had been giving her stress but he's coping with it so far. He leaned back on his chair and turned his head to his window. He can see his guards are outside, doing their duty like the defense secretary have ordered. His visions blurs, he rubs them gently and blinks a couple of times.

 

Getting up from his seat, he went to the window and close the curtain. Just then, he heard his phone beeps on top of the desk. He casually returned to check the message.

 

Agent Seo: Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with KIA, President Im. I won't disappoint you and do my best to return the safety of this country.

By the way, take your meals always on time. And don't get too stress with all of these happening. Take a rest when you have the time and take medicines always on time.

 

Lastly, be safe always. 😊

 

"Aigoo, she doesn't really think of herself. What a selfless person." It brought smiles in his face. Just on time when he needs it. But as he tried to reply, he received another message from her.

 

Agent Seo: Call me whenever you want. I'll make sure to be there for you.

 

"Aish, this is why I can't stay by her side. She's fluttering me always." He shook his head lightly as he finally wrote her a response.

 

To Agent Seo: Don't think about me for once. I think I should be the one telling you these.

 

He smiled genuinely after sending it. He suddenly remembers the first time he meets her, it was truly memorable because she looks stiff that moment. Who would have thought they will be friends? And who would have thought she's an Agent that will make his other personalities to fall for her. Her charm is making him soft. And he needs to stop before he ends up brokenhearted.

 

Agent Seo: I am just telling these because I am not by your side.

 

Yoong put his phone on the table and flipped it so he can't read it back. But the effect of her last message just causes him to blush and he cup his face tapping it a few times. "Wake up, wake up, wake up." while his head at the same time.

 

After a while, he flips it back and sighs in relief for finally not receiving any message. Unfortunately, it appears when he was about to close it.

 

Agent Seo: Next time, let's read a book together.

 

Can't take anymore, he didn't think twice and he replied.

 

To Agent Seo: Stop texting me. I'm in a meeting!

 

Agent Seo: Omo, I'm so sorry. This will be my last message. I'll see you soon, President Im. Take care always.

 

He helplessly dropped his head on his desk and exhaled so loud. "She's not giving me peace of mind." mumbles him but is smiling like a fool.

 

 

***

 

 

"Yes, Sir." After being brief by their director, Seohyun left the office and look around the headquarters in search for the team that will accompany Donghae's transfer. She found six ladies laughing and talking immensely while they're preparing their weapons in a glass room. She is sure it's them and went straight to introduce herself. "Good day, everyone. I'm Seo Joohyun, Agent Seo for short. I'll be joining you guys for the transfer." she bowed so deep and straightened herself, smiling friendly at them, as they're all agape to meet her for the first time.

 

One blonde female approached her with her eyebrow furrowing. "You must be from the Presidential Security I've heard. I'm Tiffany Young." Her eyes eventually formed into a pretty crescent moon as she introduces herself. "Welcome to Team Future."

 

"Yes. Thank you." Seohyun gladly took her hand and supported it with her left hand as they shook hands.

 

"Choi Sooyoung." The much female agent also introduced herself. "Feel comfortable. It's your work playground now."

 

"Nice to meet you." Seohyun is all smiled. She bowed her head as the taller agent patted her shoulder.

 

"Kim Taeyeon here." The smaller lady from the corner, sitting in a chair just raise her hand to let the new agent her name.

 

"Amber Liu, I'm from the U.S." A seemed to be younger approached her with a smirk on her lips. When she shakes hands with her, she suddenly leaned in and kiss her cheek.

 

"I'm from the U.S. as well." Seohyun felt relieved to see a fellow agent from the country she was before. "But I was raised her. Honestly been a while since my return." she can't help and tell her.

 

"Oh really?" Amber cried. "Are you from FBI as well?" And she got curious if she's int he same agency.

 

"Nope. I'm from CIA."

 

"So, it seems we came on the same Agency." Tiffany who had been in the side stepped in and give a fellow agent. "But of course, that was a long time ago. I transferred due to some reasons. So, are you still in CIA?"

 

"Yes. I'm here for months." Seohyun replied, glad to hear a former CIA agent is in the same team with her.

 

"Um, can I introduce myself also?" One tall male agent finally able to approached and he flashes a friendly and cute smile as he stretches his hand. "Nam Joohyuk, Agent Seo. I'm the IT guy but also field agent." He winks afterwards.

 

"Nice to meet you, Agent Nam." Seohyun gladly shake hands with him, quite uncomfortable when he winks at her.

 

"Oh, come one, Agent Nam. Agent Seo is just starting. You can't hit on her that instant." The last female agent decided to approached also. "Agent Lee Sunkyung. I'm the fastest field agent." she salute playfully after they shake each other's hand.

 

"Alright everyone, we have 30 minutes left. Get your weapons and yourself ready!" Taeyeon suddenly announced causing all agents to return on what they left for.

 

Seohyun took her spot also and grabs the necessary weapons and protection from the locker. It's an important mission and she wants to make sure it will be successful.

 

"Hey, don't be nervous." Agent Nam said in a whisper as he passes at her. But he returned and added, "If you are, just don't forget to hold my hand." He whispers and smile so charmingly.

 

Seohyun is stunned yet did not able to say a thing when Agent Lee grabs his arm and drags him out with her.

 

"Agent Nam seemed unaware how CIA agents moves, eh?" Tiffany shakes her head in disbelief. "Don't mind her."

 

"He seems a playboy." Seohyun can't help and comment.

 

"He is." Amber said chuckling, following the eye-smiled girl outside.

 

Taeyeon who went to approach Seohyun give the latter her helmet. "The mission is to make sure Donghae will be successfully transferred." She said while locking her helmet under her chin. "But that was KIA's only cover. And I know you know what it is." She handed her the sticker that will be the tracker.

 

"Agent Kim, you can trust on me." Seohyun security put the sticker on her left palm. Once it will be activated on Donghae, the tracker turns transparent to make sure no one's going to see it.

 

"Good." Taeyeon smirk and patted the younger agent's head before following everyone.

 

Seohyun put her bullet proof for the last time and check on her wrist watch. They have 15 minutes left before they'll see Donghae in the hallway. She was about to leave when she thought of the President. She took her phone out from her pocket and sent him a message. She smiled and finally left the room to follow everyone.

 

Yoong is having discussions with Secretary Kim when his phone beeps on the coffee table. He casually took it with his left hand and averted his eyes from the paper to the screen of his device.

 

Agent Seo: You're doing great, Mister President.

 

"Who is it?"

 

"Agent Seo." He simply put it aside but got it back and quickly types a reply.

 

To Agent Seo: Thanks, you're too. Please be careful. Give me an update after the mission.

To Agent Seo: Send me a pic later of yourself :)

 

"You send her to KIA yet couldn't stop thinking of her. Agent Seo is the same. Aigoo, can't you just confess?" Secretary Kim demanded firmly.

 

Yoong smiled amusingly as he put his smartphone back to the table. "I already did." And he honestly told her.

 

"Omo, you did? Wait... so you guys are now dating?"

 

"I... " Yoong trails off he thought of how to explain it. "I only confessed and did not let her say her response as I left immediately."

 

'Stupid.' Secretary Kim can't help and curse inside her mind. "Why?"

 

"I don't know. I just couldn't. I mean, she's taking some time and I feel like-"

 

"She's processing what you said, Mister President. Why didn't you wait for it?"

 

Yoong is taken aback by the sudden raise of voice from his secretary. "Are you... okay, Secretary Kim?"

 

"I-I mean... " Quick, Secretary Kim compose herself. "When you confess your feelings to someone you like, you should be patient." and her voice returned soft. "You should wait and anticipate her answer. You can't rush her you know. Patience is a virtue, you should take that note when it comes to love... So why don't you ask her again tonight? This is your chance." she wiggles her eyebrows, teasing the young innocent president.

 

Yoong nodded in understanding. "I'll call her later, then." He glances to his phone and lips curved into a smirk.

 

"Mister President, make it right tonight, araso? Fighting!" Secretary Kim cheered up with two fists up.

 

"Fighting." Yoong copied with a cute smile. "Now get back to work. I have to make sure each mayor will get these letters." But turned serious right away as he turned to his work.

 

 

***

 

 

"Because I like You."

 

"Because I like you."

 

"Bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter