This Time: SP

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

05 | SP

 

***

 

"What are you doing here, Yoona?"

 

The called out woman freeze on her spot, hearing her name being called by Min-young. She turns on her back when she realized the latter did not noticed her earlier. But she was wrong. Sighing, she hesitantly turns on her back and face the woman.

 

"Omo." However, Min-young's attention had captured by the small little boy in front of her friend. "You-you... have a baby now? Seohyun and yours?"

 

Sky looked up to the doe-eyed and tried to see the person standing in front of them.

 

"Y-Yes." Yoona instantly replied. "He's our baby." And smile so big. She didn't think being with Sky is good thing too, not just giving her a hard time.

 

"Chincha?" Min-young exclaimed and steps two forward to take a closer look of the baby. "Anyeong." she waves her hand in the process when the baby looked at her in the eyes. "What is his name?"

 

"Sky. Im Sky." Yoona gladly informed. Baby Sky's eyes formed into a crescent moon, as he smiled at her when she mentions his name.

 

"Aww, he's so cute." Min-young's heart is fluttered. "But what are you guys doing here, again?"

 

"Oh. Uh... I'm... I'm just passing by." Yoona lied as she changed her mind. "I mean, I have this friend of mine that was looking for a job and I heard you guys are hearing. So y-yes, I thought I could gather information about the open positions. Yeah, what about you?"

 

"You're asking me? I'm a General Manager of the IT Department. I'm working here, apparently. Um how about you, Yoona? Haven't heard anything about you anymore ever since that day happened." Min-young meaningfully said, as she recalls the past.


"Yeah... It was unfortunate. But I'm all good. I mean, ever since my wife and I are okay again, we're like inseparable. Welll except for when she's at work." Yoona somehow feels like lying is this good sometimes. She had the best in the world.

 

Min-young had a tease smile to her friend. "Who wouldn't be inseparable when you guys already have a child? Not to mention, a cute and adorable child." She pinched the latter's cheek, can't control herself. "He got his cheeks with Seohyun, eh?" and noticed the puffiness of the boy's cheeks.

 

"Yeah, it looks like." Yoona once again made eye to eye contact with Sky, he giggles at her. "That makes him so cute." and she felt proud out of a sudden.

 

"Anyway, I think I have to cut this short. I'm still going to interviews our applicants. Um, can I get your number? That's if you have a new number?" Min-young favored.

 

'Sh*t, I don't think I could stay lying on this.' Yoona said at the back of her head. "S-Sure." But she handed her phone, nonetheless. It's not like she will call always though. It would be so bad if declines her.

 

"Who knows I could hire you if we need additional team member in the company." Min-young stated while putting on her number and rings her own phone to save Yoona's number. She then handed it back to the owner and before she can add words, Yoona bowed.

 

"It's nice to meet you again, Min-young-ssi." Then the doe-eyed woman left the building, like she's in a hurry. She let out a huge sigh when they're already outside. Sky suddenly surprised her when he also sighs, copying her. "Aigoo, so cute." she pinched his cheeks lightly and started walking to the bus stop. "That actually means we're going to try that song writing competition, Baby Sky. Otherwise, I will be so poor without any job. Did you hear me? Appa is not rich so she should look for a decent job in order to keep going... and to raise my Baby Sky. Oh, and also get your Omma back. You know, without giving her flowers makes it looked like I don't care about her anymore. Hehe. Fighting!" she cheer herself up, showing a fist in the process.

 

For the second time, Sky copies his Appa, earning kisses on his cheeks and forehead, which resulted for his cute laughter, while they're taking the side of the road alone.

 

Shortly, they arrived at the bus stop. Yoona grabs the chance and rest her legs, while she wipes the little sweats over Sky's head and does the same to herself through the face towel. "Are you hungry?" She asks when she saw him pouting and had a few glance on her chest. She giggles when he touch them, tickling her. "Hold on. I don't have any milk, Sky. I have it in our backpack." she said as she put the backpack she's carrying on her back, next to her. Then, she decided to put Sky down as well, finding it hard to move, while making the milk. "Yah, hold to Appa. Don't move." she instructed him as he put milk powder to the bottle.


Sky complied, as he held the doe-eyed woman's shirt while watching her make the milk in the bus stop's bench. But her attention shifted when two ladies also sits down to the bench, and they're giggling to each other, as they keep on glancing to his Appa and him. He just wonder why but when they wave at him, gets closer to his Appa and hides behind her arm.

 

Yoona got startled and realized the two ladies waving and smiling to them. She awkwardly smile and bowed her head a little. "There you go Sky." And handed the little bottle of milk to the little boy who hides from the two spectators. "They're just some fans. Don't worry." She takes him and put him to his lap in the process. She holds him in a lying position in her arm, as Sky is now drinking his milk on his own.

 

"Aigoo, buses are really so rare at this hour. We're going to be waiting for hours then." Yoona mumbles as she turned her head to her left, hoping she can spot one bus already. But nothing so far. And out of a sudden, something flashing before her eyes. A memorable she couldn't ever forget between her and Seohyun. And it happened in the same place.

 

Flashback...

 

Yoona is on her way to the bus stop while holding the umbrella, as the rain is pouring hard. It's actually been a whole day now. Thankfully and she brought her umbrella with her - it's easy to go around without being soak by the rain.

 

However, she suddenly stopped on her tracks when she finds a familiar girl, sitting by the bus stop. She noticed she was rubbing her arms continuously, obviously cold by the rain.

 

'Should I approach her? Or not? But it's only been two days ago since I've asked her to be my date. She would surely avoid me like she did earlier in our last subject. Aish, I shouldn't...' Yoona thought as she turned around and was about to leave when she heard the thunder, instantly made Seohyun squeals in fear. She instinctively turned and approached the girl, hastily. "Do you mind if I join you?" She literally had an unconscious courage there to ask her.

 

Seohyun, who had her eyes tight and hands covering her ears, slowly sense there's someone standing. Her eyes opened and saw a figure standing in front of her. "Y-Yoona-ssi." Which made her surprised.

 

Yoona takes her seat next to the girl and extended her hand. "I haven't introduce myself, formally. It's Im Yoona. I hope we become friends." She sheepishly smiled, but hoping the girl will not mind it.

 

It took a little while before Seohyun takes Yoona's hand and shakes it gently. "Nice to meet you, Yoona-ssi." Smiling amusingly in the process.

 

Yoona's cheeks just instantly turned like a tomato once she felt the girl's hand for the first time. But she hastily pulled her hand back. "Um, about two days ago. I don't mean to scare you about the random question but I hope you consider it." She smiled, a bit nervous.

 

"Oh, glad I've heard it from you. I mean, that was really surprising for me. I don't even know you and then suddenly there's this invitation. I don't know what to do, to be honest." Seohyun softly replied. "I hope you don't get me wrong."

 

'Ugh, that's too straightforward.' Yoona thought, feeling being dumped or something. "Then get to know me. I'm interested with you - I mean, I'm interested... being friend with you." a sheepish smile appeared in her face, almost slipping with her tongue.

 

Seohyun looked away as her cheeks turned red a little. "I'm... I'm not good with making... friends." and shyly admits it.

 

"Eh? Don't you have friends?"

 

"I do." She looked back at her immediately. "But... only few. I mean, Most of them are from my province. I only have few here."

 

Yoona smiled so big. "That only means you got another friend, then... and her name is Im Yoona."

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun was amused and giggles.

 

"Yup. From now on." Yoona stick out her pinky finger. "So you we should do the pinky promise."

 

"You're weird." Chuckling, Seohyun was about link her own pinky finger with Yoona's but the latter suddenly stopped her by holding it.

 

"Wait, how old are you?" asks Yoona, not sure if Seohyun is also the same age as hers, knowing that they're both in Senior High, and she looks younger.

 

"Sixteen. And you?"

 

"Oh, just like what I have expected. You skip a grade, no?" Yoona without thinking, links her finger with the younger girl and shakes it gently then move it up and then down. "You are smarter than the so called 'smart' kids in our subjects." She felt so comfortable with Seohyun already, which is surprising for her. It must be because she had been wanting to talk to her.

 

"You can say that." Seohyun smiled. She never shared anyone that she skips one grade because her knowledge is already advance. "But I never consider myself as a smart person. I just had to be good in reading? I mean, it's my favorite thing to do if I'm on a break." she said, proud about it. Well, thanks to her teacher, who is her mother?

 

"Okay, I like that." Yoona charmingly smiled. She didn't expect the girl would be this humble to say. She did not regret having a little crush over the girl.

 

Suddenly, the wind blows, it caused both teenagers to instinctively move closer to each other, as they hugs their own body.

 

"Dang, I almost forgot. The rain hasn't really stop." Yoona said with a little flinch. Even though she's wearing a jacket suit, it's still cold.

 

"Yeah, and I almost forgot, we're waiting for a bus."

 

"Where do you live?" Yoona asked randomly.

 

Taking a glance to the older, Seohyun replied, "Just a couple of blocks. I mean, I live in my Auntie's apartment, since I'm originally from the province. How about you?"

 

"Oh, not so far as well... with my parents." Yoona also informed. Seohyun nodded and looked away again. "In what province?" But the doe-eyed girl can't stop asking. It's like something is urging her to keep on it, to know better the girl. She did not regret as Seohyun seems not hesitating and tell her about her province. And one questions leads to more, which made their conversation so smooth and fun.

 

After a while, a bus finally stops in front of them.

 

"Oh, it's not my bus." Unfortunately, Seohyun has a different direction. "You should go."

 

"Are you sure?" Yoona was a bit disappointed. She almost thought they're going on the same destination. "I-I mean, it's going to be so cold out here with the rain still raining."

 

"No, I'm fine. And to think, you can't stay here until my bus stops." Seohyun declines.

 

"Well, I don't mind. I can accompany you-" Yoona did not able to continue her words anymore as Seohyun pushed her, causing for her to almost trip.

 

"Just Go! My bus will come after this." Seohyun said, even though she's not sure of it. "Your parents must be worried about you now. Think of them, not me!"

 

Yoona wanted to disagree just so she could stay, but she can't also worry her parents. So she decided to just step inside, but she suddenly change her mind, not to stay but to give her yellow umbrella. "I'll see you this Monday." she said and waves a little before she hastily returned to the bus, not minding the rain.

 

Seohyun wanted to give the umbrella back, but Yoona's bus already left, leaving her alone in the bus stop with the umbrella in her hands. 'Is she serious?' She thought, staring down to it.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona is smiling like a fool, so happy that she finally had this 'moment' with her crush. Even though she obviously doesn't like her invitation to be her date in their ball, it's all good now, as what matters most is she gets to talk with her and it seems like, they will really be friends. 'I can't wait to hang out with her more.' She thought unconsciously while too unaware that passengers are now looking at her.

 

End of Flashback...

 

"Whoa, that was really like the best moment of my life, Sky. I was brave and I got to talk with her. Not to mention, that was like the beginning of our not so romantic love story." Yoona said while staring to nowhere, didn't noticed, Sky is absorbing what she had been seeing in her mind.

 

Moments later, Yoona stared down to her little boy, staring at her back with those innocent eyes. "WHoa, my little boy is a good boy, eh? You finished it so fast." she was amazed, getting the bottle back. "Omo, our bus is here." But she hurriedly put it back to their backpack, as she spotted the bus coming. Shortly, it pulled over in front, she eventually rushed them inside and get a better seat near the window. "Since we're going to the mall, we're riding this bus that will take us there. But Baby Sky, let me remind you, do not ever lost my sight, otherwise, you'll be missing again. Araso?" As if he understands, she told him. But all that she got is his cute smile and giggles. "Aigoo... “and it did not failed her to flutter.

 

***

 

After dismissing her class which is like four hours only, Seohyun returned to the faculty room, bowing to the teachers that she came across before she reached for her own table in the corner. As usual, she saw a bouquet of flowers on top of it. But it is unusual for her to see it at lunch time, when she always can see it at exactly 3:00pm, which is the same time Yoona gives her flowers back when she's still courting her.

 

She takes her seat and checks the small card, nonetheless.

 

You are free this whole afternoon right? Can we hang-out? I mean, I just finished the manuscript for my thesis. I am planning to relax and hopefully it is with u.

 

Let's meet at 2:00pm, At Sum Café. Message me right away once you read this.

 

- Kim Jong Hyun

 

It is a surprised for her that it's Yoona's bandmate, making her a little disappointed.

 

Suddenly, her phone beeps from her pocket, her attention eventually shifted to it as check who message her.

 

Im Yoona: Baby Sky and I are in the mall. I thought I could join the contest. Hehe And I thought you just want to know. I mean, we will be having lunch here, Omma. ^^ You want to eat together? Keke.

 

Before she can reply to her wife's text, the doe-eyed girl sent her a photo of Sky, dozing off. It formed a sweet smile in her lips, as she looked at the photo that flutters in an instant.

 

Without thinking of it, she hastily replied with a simple 'Lunch with Sky again. I'm always up.' And then put her phone down to her table. Heck, her smile disappeared a little when she saw the note and the flowers.

 

Kim Jong Hyun is such a good of hers too and never did this person disappoints her when it comes to making her smile when they hang out. But she's thinking twice of hanging out with him again. Especially when the person is one of the reason Yoona was cold towards her for five months now.

 

Of course, it's still so fresh in her mind, the last time she hangs out with him.

 

Flashback...

 

Fresh from her cries after she receives another mail of Yoona cheating on her, Seohyun walks casually to the door while wiping her tears off. She opens it only when it's not visible anymore.

 

"I thought you wanted to drink... Did you cry again, Seohyun?" And there was Jong Hyun, who instantly rushed to her and held her face to check her face. "Did Yoona once again made you cry?"

 

Seohyun denied by shaking her head and put Jong Hyun's hands away from her. "It's not about her again. I'm already tired about it. I'm just... Stress with work. Anyway, you should come inside. I haven't eaten dinner, honestly."

 

Jong Hyun knew too well but he decided to just comply as he sighed and picked up the plastic of can of beer. "I haven't eaten as well, that's why I thought I have to come by. I mean, I was supposedly going straight home but I passed by your apartment and thought I could hang out with you." He said, smiling charmingly.

 

"I can't drink a lot, you know that, right?" Seohyun replied as she ushered the older to come inside with her. She went straight to the kitchen, however, while Jong Hyun is tagging along.

 

"You've never cleaned the living room." Jong Hyun didn't missed and noticed it. He saw a lot of tissue papers on the coffee table, which is an evidence the lady have gone from cry again. Not just it, the sofa was a mess. There were a lot of empty plastics snacks "Do you mind me cleaning it for you?" she asks as he takes his seat, watching Seohyun grabbing something from her ref.

 

"Don't mind it. I will clean it eventually if I don't feel lazy. Do you want to eat some steaks?" Seohyun has this bright smile as she faces Jong Hyun again with the uncooked beef in her hands.

 

Jong Hyun smiled back. "I definitely loved to have."

 

"Alright, feel at home as I cooked for this, for us." Seohyun said and started preparing the ingredients she'll use for the steak. At least cooking is actually making her smile like this, and Jong Hyun's appearance have also lighten up her mood.

 

Jong Hyun stands and wants to help but Seohyun stopped.

 

"I said feel at home, right? Which means, you should go watch or just the TV." Seohyun chuckled with her antics.

 

"Alright. As I was about to do, though." Jong Hyun said, rubbing the back of his neck, as he casually went to the living room. But seeing how mess it is, he decided he should just clean it up. He doesn't need Seohyun's permission.

 

However, it wasn't even the living room he cleaned, he ends up cleaning the rooms as well. Especially Seohyun's.

 

-

 

After having dinner together, the two settle down in a sofa, watching a drama on TV, enjoying it with laughter and sometimes just smiles. But it didn't help at all when the main character of the drama is saying goodbye to her lover. Seohyun was sure feeling distraught about it, having the same situation, where her lover is now cheating and soon, she'll also be gone. For the nth time, she could feel her tear dropping on her cheeks. Tears that she unconsciously created while imagining herself to be in the position of the man, watching his lover leaving her. His chest is definitely not okay again from the pain.

 

Jong Hyun who had been quiet and sensing the person next to him is not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter