The President 06: Confusing

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

06 | Confusing

 

***

 

"Otoke... Otoke... Otoke... " Seohyun couldn't calm herself. She hasn't answered the phone call as she got busy, walking back and forth while thinking of a good explanation about the picture she sent two 10 minutes ago. She hasn't been this troubled for a simple thing and it's quite frustrating. However, she really feels like the need to explain it. "Okay, let's do this." After deliberating, she finally made up her mind. But as she returned to the smartphone, she is greeted by a miscall. "Really?" That makes her looked like a fool. She spent all the time to think of an explanation just to be rejected. "He's rude." Taking her phone from the night stand, she took a seat on the edge of the bed.

 

She almost dropped her phone when his name pops up on the screen again.

 

Mister President: Breakfast in 20 minutes.

 

"What does this mean?" She confusely ask, blinking a couple of times.

 

Just then, a messegae appears again.

 

Mister President: We need to talk.

 

"Otoke!!!" Once again, it panics her and she started to walk back and forth again while biting on her nails. "How is this possible? What will he ask me? What will he talk about? The picture? Omo, Omo, Omo, No-No-No... that's not it. I can't go there. But I haven't even eaten any breakfast. Aish! I won't." With a stop and a stomp on her feet, she looked up with a determination on her face. "I'm not going!"

 

Beep.

 

She looked down to the message she received and read it.

 

Mister President: If you're not coming, I'm going there.

 

"I'm going." She pouts her lips in defeat.

 

 

45 minutes—that’s all that she needed in order to prepare herself and arrived back in the blue house. But for the first time, she’s not in the place to once again do her job. Instead, she’s going to be the first Security Agent to have breakfast with the President of South Korea. Not to mention, the only Agent who dresses in floral instead of her uniform. The doe-eyed President have asked her to come in a casual outfit, not on her uniform, so it’s quite uncomfortable for her.

 

“He had been waiting for 10 minutes already.”

 

Seohyun awkwardly smile. “Yes, I know Secretary Kim. My apologies.” And stuck her hair behind her ear as she bowed back to her. She made her way inside the dining room and stopped just as the end of the table, taking a deep breath and relaxes slowly. She put on a bright smile and continue her walk towards the President, who is apparently reading a book. “My apologies for keeping you wait, Mister President.” She bowed as a way of greeting him.

 

Yoong stirred up from his book to the young woman bowing so deep before his eyes. “Take your seat.” He softly asks her and signals the chef to bring another plate.

 

Seohyun carefully took her seat and flashes a friendly smile to him.

 

“You don’t have any allergies, right?” ask Yoong, smiling a little.

 

“Nope.” Said the young agent.

 

“Good, because I have allergies with crabs and nuts.” Yoong informed casually. He silently sniffs before continuing. “Just want to remind you if in any case Yoongie is hungry.”

 

The mention of his other self, made Seohyun’s heart beats faster than usual. “A-actually… Mister President.” However, she couldn’t continue her words when the chef returned with her plate and serves her their breakfast menu. It took a couple of minutes before he left them alone again.

 

"Yoongie is someone who eats whatever he likes to. And he sometimes forgets that I have allergies and we are in the same body. So make sure to check for the food first before giving it to him." Yoong further explained as he took his utensils and casually started his meal. He had been waiting for her, so his food is now cold.

 

"I'm... I'm really sorry." Seohyun looked down on her lap, instantly.

 

"Why?" Yoong is confused.

 

"I did not mention about your other self." Said Seohyun, looking down in shame. "Should have told you yesterday..."

 

"There's no need to. I mean, I already figured you know when I woke up in your room. I just pretended because I don't know how will you take it." Yoong flashes a friendly smile. "I ask you to have breakfast with me because I want to pay with what you've been doing since you learned about this. But you don't you seem to like our menu." He mentioned, realizing she's not touching her food.

 

"Yes? O-Of course I do." Seohyun hastily took her utensils and she almost burn her tongue when she felt the hotness of her soup. She grabs her napkin on the side and pressed it against her lips while smiling embarrassingly to the President, who is just blankly staring at her. She bowed her head a little and continue on her meal quietly.

 

The atmosphere is good and comfortable although both doesn't have anything in mind to say. Thus, they would constantly glance to one another. And if they caught each other's eyes, they would eventually smile and looked away from each other.

 

"Aren't you afraid?" Ask Yoong while they're now having a cup of tea.

 

"Afraid of what?" Seohyun is puzzled.

 

"I have a split personality and not everyone has this. It's not normal for people."

 

"I don't know if you have read it in my profile but I have medical background. So, you can trust me that I understand everything about this. Although this is the first time I meet someone like you. Not to mention, the President of South Korea. But that's not important actually. As long as Yoongie is having fun and not doing trouble." Seohyun ended it with a small smile but the latter looked at her simply. "I mean-"

 

"Who would have thought right? The President is sick." Yoong interrupted in a low voice before having a sip of his drink. He sniffs quietly again when his nose becomes a little itchy. "Tell me, what's your plan in the coming nights Yoongie appears?" And he asks without a doubt.

 

"What... Do you mean?" Seohyun weirdly can feel something is off. Did she say something bad?

 

"Yoongie seems fond of you." Yoong decided to mention it.

 

"Oh, You-You mean the necklace?" Seohyun eventually touched the pendant of the necklace on her neck. "This. I don't really intend to receive or ask this from him. Um, actually what happened... It's-"

 

"I know." Yoong finally smiled. "There's no need to explain for that." As he finds her funny to ramble with words. "I know Yoongie well so you don't have to. Um, just want to ask some favor." He then snapped a finger as a signal. Right then, his secretary walks into the living room and handed him a paper.

 

Seohyun is confused and couldn't react, watching the two whispered into each other. 'Was this all the reason why he asks me to come?' She sighs audibly.

 

"Sorry for the pause." Yoong returned his attention to his young security agent. "I would like you to agree with this." And he put the paper on the coffee table, pushing it near her.

 

Having no clue, the young agent takes it and reads the content. Her eyes slowly went wide when she realizes what was it all about.

 

"I'm sure it's not going to be hard for you, right?" Yoong squinted his eyes. "It's just telling me whatever Yoongie does and what do you observe about him. If you agree to the deal, you can sign wherever on the paper and that will be effective starting tomorrow." He sincerely smiled at her, hoping she will cooperate.

 

Seohyun is agape. She reads the deal again... and again. "Um, but there's no need to give me some credit with this." But she thought it's not good to add an amount on her salary. "This deal is still part of my job." She believes so.

 

"But it's not part of your job to meddle with the President's life." Yoong said seriously, as a matter of fact. "With this, you have another job apart from protecting me. I want to make sure everything will be safe and no one except you and the people in this house only knows. Is that clear for you now?"

 

'Aigoo, he doesn't really trust that easy.' Seohyun thought and nodded in agreement.

 

Yoong handed the pen without saying a word, just looking at him with a friendly smile.

 

'Well, as a sign of respect.' Taking the pen, she casually lend down and signs the paper.

 

"By the way, you look good." praises Yoong as soon as Seohyun handed back the pen.

 

Seohyun is surprise and couldn't react. "Yes?"

 

"You look good in dress. You should wear that every morning."

 

"M-Morning? Why would I?"

 

Yoong chuckles. "Didn't you read it entirely?"

 

With that said, Seohyun took the paper and she carefully reads it again. Her eyes widened for the second time upon reading she will be having breakfast with the President starting tomorrow as well, at the same time, she will report whatever happens during Yoongie's appearance. She sighs in defeat. "It seems I will."

 

"Well, see you later then, Agent Seo." smiling amusingly, Yoong get up and was about to leave when his nose suddenly got so itchy and he can no longer take it. "ACHOOOO~" He sneezes big time.

 

Seohyun almost immediately stands on her feet. "You-You caught a cold, President Im?"

 

"Y-Yes." Yoong took his handkerchief from his pocket. "I'm sorry for that." As he shyly and embarrassingly left the living room.

 

"Heol. It was because of the splash of water... " Seohyun blames herself and smack her own forehead. "Babo." And she realized how she controlled all night not to hit the choding but she did not control from throw the water on his face that leads him to have a cold. "You've been so stupid since last night. Damn."

 

-

 

Walking her way to exit the blue house, she suddenly heard a familiar voice outside that cause her to open the door and take a peek outside. "Otoke, from all people." She panics when she saw Hyo and Donghae are coming closer. She looked around to see any hiding place but there's no such thing that can help her with it. So, she climbed upstairs and suddenly was greeted by a lot of doors.

 

When she heard the door was open, she just randomly entered a room and locked it before they could even see her in the Blue House.

 

'I hope they don't come here.' She prayed as she pressed her left ear against the door, trying to listen to any foot steps outside. Time passes by she couldn't hear any foot steps outside but she's hearing it from the inside.

 

"Isn't this Dejavu?" Yoong said as soon as he recognize who is standing by the door.

 

Seohyun turned but only to turn on her back again. 'Otoke, I entered a wrong room?' She felt troubled.

 

"Acho!" For the nth time of the morning, Yoong sneezes and he couldn't continue talking with his young agent. He hastily returned to his bathroom and locked it. "Aish!" And took one pill from his medicine kit.

 

Seohyun felt bad after she heard the President sneezing. She wanted to confess what happened last night but she felt more than trouble instead. She shouldn't be in his room in the first place. It's like invading his privacy and that's not good from a Presidential’s Security Agent only. So, she peacefully walks out of his room. But only to return upon seeing Secretary Kim. She looked around and immediately went under the bed instinctively.

 

Yoong left his bathroom with a look of disbelief because he couldn't see Seohyun anymore. "She did not even tell me why she's here. Tsk,tsk." He shakes his head and sat down on the edge of the bed. A knock on the door was heard and he let her in instantly.

 

"President Im, you will have a meeting with Secretary of defense later lunch time and a meeting with the red cross chief officer." Informed his secretary. "Oh, you have study on this also before signing or rejecting this."

 

However, instead of giving her an answer, his attention shifted into his phone that beeps on top of the night stand. He took it and raise his eyebrows upon reading the message.

 

Agent Seo: I'm under your bed. Please don't make it so long.

 

He almost laughs out so loud if he did not control himself. But it brought a smile on his face. He composed himself back and returned to his Secretary. "What are these?" As he finally took the papers on her hand.

 

"New proposals from our Congressmen and Senators."

 

"Adviser Jo will be here later, right?"

 

"Yes, Mister President. And the President of Germany will call in fifteen minutes. So, I am staying here for a while." Secretary Kim informed additionally, taking her seat on the couch.

 

Yoong slowly looked down to the floor and then back to his phone. He suddenly doesn't want to let her leave under her bed as he thought of his own difficulties when he was on her closet back then.

 

"Miss Kim, let me hear your thoughts about these." He said, standing on his feet and approached her on the couch and instantly started.

 

'What?! Didn't he read my message?' Seohyun groaned upon hearing that the two are staying in the room for a while. 'What is he planning to do on me?' She totally couldn't believe it. 'Aish! How could he do this to me?!' She seriously wanted to go out and throw a fit on his face or kich him, without hesitations. 'He's really different from Yoongie. Ugh.' She however couldn't do anything and stay under the bed. It was her choice after all to stay in his room. 'You're so-so dead later, Im Yoong.' At this point of her situation, she can't really think of respecting him. Especially after she help him back then. Not to mention, helping him with Yoongie.

 

-

 

After having a meeting with the Defense Secretary, Yoong made his way back to his room and wanted to change his clothes when it finally crosses his mind. 'Agent Seo... she hasn't left this room, has she?' He immediately lowered himself and check if the latter was indeed still under his bed. "Holy." And he was right. Only this time, she fell asleep underneath. "Yah! Agent Seo! Wake up!" He tried to wake her up by calling her loud enough. "Aish." But she seems to be really on her deep slumber. "How could she end up sleeping there?!" Getting up, he went to his drawer and grabs the remoted control of his bed. It will go up and down, so it will be easy for maid to clean the bed.

 

As he pressed the up button, it started to move up, slowly and soundlessly. "Aigoo... " It took at least 8 minutes before it stopped and he throws the remote somewhere carelessly, as he quickly went to pick the young agent up into his arms and carefully carried her to his couch. "Tsk,tsk, didn't she had enough sleep last night?" still couldn't wake her, he mumbles and grabs the remote again to return his bed on its original form.

 

Since he doesn't have any appointments anymore, he doesn't know what he will do at his free time. Normally, he would go out but as the new protocol was changed, he doesn't think he can do that. But the presence of Agent Seo suddenly made sense for him. "Now I will just wait for her to wake up." He walks to his closet, grabs a white shirt and shorts.

 

"Wait." But as he was about to take off his long sleeves polo, he turned his head to where the young agent is lying. He got worried he will find him while changing his clothes. "I doubt she will be awake though. She looked like she's dreaming something so long." Once again, he ed his buttons but as he reached the last one, he suddenly heard Seohyun mumbling. He got panic and buttoned up his polo in a fast manner.

 

He holds his breath and waited patiently if Agent Seo will call for his name. Much to his dismay, there wasn't. 'So she talk on her sleep.' He thought with an exhale. Walking slowly towards the couch, he started ing the buttons again while watching Agent Seo sleep. 'Don't wake up, don't wake up, don't wake up... ' while chanting on his mind. 'Don't wake up.' With his last button, he made a dash to his bed and quickly takes his polo off of him then put on his white shirt. He made a brief glance to the couch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter