The President 14: Switch

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

14 | Switch

 

 

***

 

 

Beads of sweats runs over Seohyun's face while she's panting to catch her breath. It had been an hour since she started jogging around the hospital's park, in an early dawn. She can see few joggers also and some are even doctors.

 

Taking her seat in a nearby bench, she opened her bottled water and took couple of gulped before she let out a sigh and wipes her lips with the back of her hand. Her lips curved into an unconscious smile, as the sun finally slowly rises from the distance. She closes her eyes and feel the warm, giving herself time to relax at the same time. It had been two weeks of hell of her job since the President was hospitalized, she hadn't given herself a break. But all the exhaustion is worth it, as she always finds herself smiling and happy to do her job. Especially every time she sees his smile.

 

Fluttering her eyes open, her smile got wider upon spotting two kids coming out of from a cab and runs straight to the swing, with their parents following behind. She then checks her time and gasps when she learned it had been 30 minutes since six in the morning. She grabs her bottle of water and started jogging straight to the hospital's entrance.

 

She almost bumped into a patient after she dash inside the elevator but quickly apologizes. Monitoring the level of the floor, her smile reappears, knowing she will she him already awake later she arrives. She's always that excited to see him, something that she realized for herself. Probably because every time she's done with the work which is about Donghae's case and the culprit of the President's stabbing, she always returns to his ward and see him all bright, which is giving her that energy again. Whether it's Yoongie or Yoong.

 

The moment the elevator arrived at the floor the President is located, she dashed outside like a child and just open the door without knocking. But instead of Yoong, it's Yoongie that greets her, smiling goofily. "Y-Yoongie?!"

 

"Why are you surprise?" Yoongie is confused.

 

Seohyun slowly walk to his bed while blinking a few times. "Well, you usually come out-"

 

"Probably Yoong is not in the mood to do so. That's why I'm here. But isn't this fun? I can finally spend more time with you." Yoongie giggles excitedly.

 

"Um, we-we have... we have problems, then." Seohyun was reminded by the press conference later. "If Yoong doesn't return, that means you are going to be the one facing the press." She mentioned carefully.

 

Yoongie's bright smile disappears as he frowns. "What the heck?"

 

"I think Secretary Kim needs to brief you then. Where is she?" Seohyun looked around but couldn't find the secretary. "Aish, what should we do?" And that makes her feel responsible. She started walking back and forth while thinking of a plan.

 

"What is it about?" Yoongie got concerned and he wanted to help. "I-I think I can do it." And his smile reappears even though he's not sure how to do it yet.

 

"Hold on, I'll call your secretary." Seohyun stopped from her tracks and grabs her phone from her pocket, dialing Secretary Kim's number right away. Unfortunately, the latter wouldn't answer. "Where the hell is she at times like this?!" She exclaimed, couldn't believe she left the President's ward.

 

"W-Wait, Wifey, don't-"

 

"Don't go anywhere, I'll find her." Seohyun interrupted and she hastily left the ward.

 

"Where are you going?" Hyoyeon who is walking the hallway got confused when she saw the younger agent coming out of the ward in a hurry.

 

"Look after him." Seohyun just said as she only passes at her fellow agent.

 

Hyoyeon shrugs and resumed her walk to the ward. She however was greeted by an empty bed. "President Im?" Which made her think he is inside the restroom. She slowly approached the door and knocks on it twice. "President Im? Are you inside?" She asks softly.

 

Yoongie who is busy putting on a beanie on his head so he could hide the blonde, couldn't answer back, as he felt like the person outside is someone he had heard back then but he couldn't figure where and when. Ever since Yoong was hospitalize, he only appears every night for at least two hours and there's no chance for him to talk to anyone except Agent Seo and the Secretary.

 

Once he couldn't see the blonde hair anymore, he smiled brightly in front of the mirror. 'I can do this.'

 

"President Im?"

 

"Y-Yes, I'm here." He replied in an almost audible voice. "I mean, I'm coming out." He took a deep breath and slow relaxes, reaching for the door and opens it gently. He flashes a small smile right away to the unknown person. "Ha-Hi." He awkwardly raises his hand to greet her and walk passes at her with shaking legs.

 

Hyoyeon raises her eyebrows. "Are you okay, President Im?" As she felt weird with his gesture.

 

"Hmm? of course I am." Yoongie tried his best to put on a best smile as he took a seat to the edge of the bed. "Um, I just woke up, anyway."

 

Hyoyeon nodded in understand. "I see. So, do you need anything? Your breakfast will probably arrive later."

 

"Nothing." Yoongie put himself inside the comforter while sitting. "I'm fine."

 

'Why isn't he using my name?' Hyoyeon is feeling so strange. "I'll just open the TV for you then. Since Agent Seo seems busy at the moment. I will accompany you, President Im." She grabs the remote control from the coffee table and turned the TV on.

 

Yoongie's attention immediately went straight to the TV screen upon seeing Yoong and the report is saying about a conference happening later at 10am. 'So this is all about.' And now he learns the meeting with press is about his current condition and the case. 'How would I know? The doctor should be here and tell me.' He thought of a way to learn more about it. So, he can be the one sharing it to the press.

 

"Can I peel you some apple, President Im?" Hyoyeon offered.

 

"No, thanks." Came the President's answer in an instant as he is now engulfed to the news program.

 

'He really hasn't mentioned my surname at least.' Hyoyeon is upset and she cross her arms, staring at his side profile. 'If I'm not just holding back right now, I have kidnapped you already.' She thought, eager to do her plan at the moment but she hasn't gained his trust, how is she going to do it? "Ahem, Mister President." She intentionally coughs to catch his attention but he isn't paying attention. 'Seriously?!' She stood up from her seat and wanted to block her view from the TV screen when the door opens that makes her take her seat back, next to his bed.

 

"Agent Hyo, you're back." It's Secretary Kim, with the doctor next to her.

 

'Agent Hyo?' Yoongie tilt his head to the agent next to his bed and raise his eyebrows as he started to think over about the name, until it crossed his mind. 'That girl who bought Agent Seo a box of pizza and almost caught me. Aish, why is my memory so bad?' He silently scolded himself.

 

"Yeah, I think I'm too early?" Hyoyeon stood up. "I'll come back later then." She bowed to the doctor and peacefully leaves, knowing the doctor will check on the President again.

 

Seohyun returned with a confuse look because she finds the older Agent to be pressing her ear against the door. "Unnie, is everything alright?" She just surprised her with a question.

 

Startled, Hyo immediately smiled sheepishly towards the younger agent. "Nothing - the doctor just came."

 

"I see." Seohyun brushed off what she saw and friendly flashed a smile. "Do you want to have breakfast together, Unnie?" But she can't let her stay outside and ask her. Since the doctor and Secretary Kim have learned the current situation, no one except them and her should know what's going on inside the ward.

 

"I just have it so early."

 

"Join me then." Without waiting for her response, Seohyun grabs the older agent's arm and started dragging her. Hyoyeon couldn't decline and just go along with her fellow agent.

 

 

***

 

 

"Stubborn." Is the only Seohyun could say by the moment she learned Yoongie did not took the Doctor's advice to take the medicine.

 

"Trust me, I can do this. I am smarter than Yoong, for your information." Yoongie is somehow confident. He is wearing a wide smile, to show how he is determined to do the task.

 

"I and the doctor have briefed him already. So, I guess he can do it, Agent Seo." Secretary Kim said reassuringly. But the worried expressions on the young agent's face is still there. "Come on, I thought you know him better now?"

 

"I'm just still concern. I trust him but the press, who knows what will be there follow-up questions?" Seohyun explained herself. "We can't guarantee-"

 

"I am Yoongie indeed but I also know how Yoong speaks, Agent Seo." Yoong is quite disappointed, feeling like the latter is doubting him. "Trust me, please?" He pouted his lips sadly yet cutely.

 

"Don't worry, Agent Seo." Secretary Kim reached for the young agent's shoulders and massages them gently. "I know you will also be there by his side, though. And I trust you as well." She whispers her last words.

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes. "Fine."

 

"Yay! So, we're-"

 

"But you always have to behave, okay?"

 

Yoongie bobs his head up and down, enthusiastically. "I'm 100% sure to behave." He got excited as it’s his first time to pretend as the president. He used to hate being called the President, but this time, it's a different thing. 'It'll be fun'.

 

"You really don't know how to be nervous or even scared are you?" Seohyun is impressed but is also in disbelief.

 

"Scared? Of course, I know how to be scared as well. But nervous? Yoongie doesn't do that always. I'm the opposite side of Yoong, for your information. Or do you actually know that since that?" Yoongie creases his eyebrows.

 

"You guys, let's not keep chitchatting here. We have to prepare now." Secretary Kim butted before the young agent can reply.

 

"Oh yeah." Seohyun said as she moves immediately. Secretary Kim on the other hand left the ward to get a new hospital gown for the President.

 

"What?" Yoongie is confused, looking at the young agent's hand who stretched her hand out towards him.

 

"You have to go to the bathroom and wash your face."

 

"Why are you assisting me? I can do it myself." He however declines the hand as he stepped out of the bed on his own.

 

Seohyun pulled her hand back. "Of course." smiling bashfully.

 

"Were you going to wash my face?" Yoongie teases as he stopped from his tracks and grin.

 

"You just told me you can help yourself, right?" Seohyun reminded earning a sad pout. "You just mentioned it... so help yourself." She stuck her tongue out and animatedly left the ward. She stood by the door and pressed her ear just to hear him whining. "Cutie." She giggles but attention shifted when she felt her phone vibrated under her pocket. As she took it out, she let out a sigh as she reads the message coming from Junghyun.

 

Junghyun-ssi: I'm sorry, I couldn't go back immediately.

 

Since the capture of Donghae, Junghyun had never shown himself as the latter told her he's on leave from work. She sent him a message few days ago after learning he is nowhere to be found from the dorm in hope she can help her with the case. It was too sudden for her but she understood his reasons.

 

She then held her phone in both hands and replied to his message.

 

to Junghyun-ssi: It's okay. Send my regards to your grandpa. I hope he recovers fast.

 

As she put her phone back, she smiled bashfully to find one of the securities sitting at the bench as confusedly looking at her. She bowed and walked back inside.

 

"Is it okay for this gray beanie to be used in front of the press?" Yoongie asks while holding his head as he walks out of the bathroom.

 

"They wouldn't bother, I guess. And to think, you're in the hospital. So, let's do this!" Seohyun cheerfully smiled as she cheered on him.

 

Yoongie did not hesitate and he throw his arms around her and squeezed her. "Let's do thiiiis!!!" And he lifted her up then spins her around.

 

"Oh my God! What are you doing?! Put me down!" Seohyun literally smack his shoulder and he immediately put her down to the floor.

 

"I just can't hold myself." Yoongie giggles and pinched her cheeks. "You're irresistible."

 

Seohyun unconsciously reached for his cheeks also and pinched them so hard until reddens, making him cry out of pain.

 

"What the heck?" Yoongie is flustered while cupping his own cheeks and rubbing them. "Don't you love me anymore, wifey?" He pouted his lips cutely.

 

Feeling bad, Seohyun moves closer and she replaces his hands with hers. "Your fault! You also pinched me that hard, Yoongie! Why do you always have to do that?" And she started caressing his cheeks. Her heart flutters however, as he smiled at her, which also made her smile back.

 

"Let's go for a date later, wifey~" Yoongie said on his aegyo voice.

 

Seohyun was about to hit him again when she realized someone stepped inside the room that cause her to turn and surprised to see Secretary Kim. "Ha-have you been there, Miss Kim?"

 

"Just returned." Secretary Kim teasingly smiled and she eyed the choding behind, who instantly hides himself behind Seohyun. "Forget it. The press outside are now gathering. Let's brief you again, Yoongie-ssi." she then snapped them out of embarrassment, before they couldn't look at her in the eyes anymore.

 

 

_

 

 

After thirty minutes of waiting, Seohyun opens the door that separates the doe-eyed from the public. She and the other securities stands on their ground as casually, the president walks out of the room, wearing the patient's sky-blue gown and a beanie. Once the press has their sight of him, flashes of lights coming from different cameras greeted his eyes.

 

Yoongie smiled charmingly as he attempted to lift his hand to wave but he pulls down hastily when he recalled about the rule - that he should always be compose. A little smile will be okay, but waving is not.

 

Taking his stand in front of every press members, he bowed before he opens his mouth to speak. "Good morning ladies and gentlemen." With a bright greeting first of all.

 

'He looks so relax. It's good.' Seohyun thought while she's standing behind the press, across the mini stage where Yoongie stands.

 

"I thank everyone for gathering here and giving me your time for this matter..." Yoongie continued as what he was told. "Anyway, I would like to apologize before anything else because I make the public worry about my condition and in relation for this... " He looked down to the paper the Doctor provided about his latest condition and read it in front of the media.

 

"I really thought he isn't fine." While the doe-eyed is talking, Hyo whispered to Seohyun, as her eyes couldn't leave his sight.

 

"How can you say so?" Seohyun tilt her head towards the older agent, rising her eyebrows in the process.

 

"Well, earlier, he doesn't look like he recognizes me." Hyoyeon confessed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter