The President 11: Leave

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11 | Leave

 

 

***

 

 

"Yoong~ wake up~. I have something for you. Come on, Im Yoong. You don't want me regretting buying these for us."

 

The constant shake subsequently woke a doe-eyed little boy up from his deep slumber. He took a moment to regain his visions and slowly recognizes the face in front of him. "Hyung." A big smile crept his innocent face as he immediately sits up. He then took that cotton candy he is handing him. "Is your football practice already done?" ask him, knowing he loves football just like him. He is his only friend in their school and the only person that always like to play with him, despite their 2 years gap.

 

"Yes. I told you not to fell asleep and just watch our practice, didn't I?" His friend took a seat next to him, as they enjoyed the cotton candy together.

 

"I couldn't help it." Yoong pout his lips cutely. "My eyes are heavy and you know I sleep too late."

 

"You studied all night again?"

 

He nodded to confirm. "We have a quiz and you know Appa or Omma will always ask me every time I get home." As he also reminds about the strict rules at home.

 

"But you shouldn't stay up late. Look, you have eyebags under your eyes now, tsk,tsk."

 

Yoong chuckles as his friends ruffles his hair. "You're not bad yourself, Hyung."

 

"Anyway, do you want to play with me?"

 

"Football?" He got excited. He can only play with his parents if they're available and that only happens in a blue moon.

 

"Yep. Come on."

 

"Wait, how about the cotton candies? We haven't finished them." However, he figures they still have their cotton candies. His friend laughs and re his seat. Together, they finish it while laughing and keep the conversation going. Mostly, it's him sharing what's happening to his life, since he had no one besides him he can share. And it feels so good to be sharing it, as it gives his chest a rest from everything he had been experiencing.

 

Soon after, they played football until the sun sets and his older friend walk him into their house. Much to his happiness, the car hasn't arrived, which means, his parents haven’t come home.

 

"See? I told you we arrive earlier."

 

They made a Hi-5 together. "Thank you, Hyung."

 

"No problem." And a fist bump before they hug each other.

 

"Oh, don't forget to come at 3pm again tomorrow in our science lab. I will teach you more stuffs." With that said, his friend left and this is cue to also get inside the house. He couldn't get more excited for tomorrow again.

 

He went straight to his room and grabs his notebook to write what happened again in the school. Besides what their teacher have taught them, he also wrote down the moment he had with his friend. He ended it with a big smile but it quickly disappears the moment he heard the car outside.

 

-

 

Gaining consciousness after nearly 12 hours of sleep, The President woke up a bit dizzy. And the weird smell causes him to cringe.

 

As he tried to move, he noticed there was a pillow underneath his back and it made him wonder why. He couldn't recall however what happened last night besides the day he had with Seohyun.

 

"Omo, don’t move, President Im!" His Secretary cried and hurriedly rushed into his side with a concern look. "Your stitch might open. Um, I'll call the doctor."

 

"Wait! What happened?" Yoong winced in pain. "Why... I'm in a hospital?" And he finally realized.

 

"You don't... Recall it?" Miss Kim is feeling strange the way the President is reacting. "Last night you... Got sta-stabbed."

 

"Stabbed?" Yoong almost raise his voice. But his mind immediately flashed back to that particular time of the night. He goosebumps and gasps the moment he recalls that something on his back buried deeply and painfully into his skin, like it’s going to kill him. "So this... Make sense." He just sighs and felt remorse over his situation. "The culprit..."

 

"As of this morning, I haven't received any reports about that yet. Do you by chance... Recognized that guy?"

 

Yoong shook his head in an instant. "I haven't seen.. that kind of eyes, close to mine." Confident with what he saw last night. "But what about Agent Seo? She wasn't hurt, was she?"

 

"Nope. She came into the scene without the culprit anymore."

 

"Chincha? That's...good to know." Yoong had a relief of sigh. "I wouldn't like to see her hurt either."

 

"She was with you here last night but have to leave before midnight because the Blue House called for her. And also, President Im, the reporters are outside this hospital, so don't be surprised you can hear noises outside."

 

"This already got into the media?"

 

Miss Kim instinctively dashed to the bed side and stopped the President from getting off of the bed. "No, advise you to stay, President Im. Your stitches are still so fresh. It might have infections. Umz just stay, no need to see them."

 

"I'll just see through the window."

 

"Still. Your doctor has advised to keep you on the bed for the first week. Besides, Vice President is there to handle the situation. He will be also doing some of your schedules today."

 

Yoong is in disbelief but he couldn't do anything. He felt bad because others will have to stress over his own work. "When am I getting discharged?" And he hopes it won't take too long for him to return.

 

"I'm afraid for a month or three, Mister President" The Doctor came with a news for the President. "So, there's no need to rush. And I wouldn't advise you to work or stress yourself for over a month, because it will not be good for your condition. Otherwise, your stay will prolong."

 

Miss Kim flash a sweet smile to the President when he looked at her with a frown on his face. She nodded at the same time to confirm her agreement with the Doctor.

 

"Okay, I'll do what you say, Doctor." Yoong understands and wanted to follow whatever is the Doctor will tell him. He after all wouldn't leave his ears and eyes to the happenings of the country with Miss Kim doing her job.

 

 

***

 

 

Even though she has seen the CCTV a few times earlier, Seohyun still finds herself reviewing the videos over and over again through her laptop. She managed to get the copies from their Chief Director without any hassle. But she has to promise she's only using it for good intentions.

 

"Seriously, why couldn't I see him on the other videos?" Unfortunately, no matter how much she reviews it, she couldn't see the same mask man on the other videos that shows the lobby, the elevator or even outside the building. She can only see him appearing from a dark hallway like some ghost. It was also unfortunate because some parts of the fifth floor where the President is, are dark. The lights are weirdly turned off.

 

As much as she wants to suspect Kim Jung Hyun, she doesn't have any evidence that tells it's really him. The fact that he has some history with the President doesn't really guarantee it's him.

 

She however just couldn't stop and keeps reviewing the videos for the next two hours until something came to her mind, the night she and the President returned, they never went straight to the dorm. She dropped by a convenience store to buy them bottle of water. When she returned to the car, she noticed another car from behind with tainted glass.

 

She wasn't sure but she felt like it had been following them since they left the rest House. "Right, Traffic CCTV." She closes her laptop, grabs her phone and her purse before leaving her room. But she hasn't even reached the door when there's a knock followed by Hyoyeon's voice. "Aish." She has no choice but to take a moment and face her. "Unnie."

 

Hyoyeon throws her arms around the younger agent the moment the door opens. "I'm so sorry." And she burst into tears. "I'm really so sorry with what happened last night. I'm really so bad for bothering you both. I'm so sorry, Seohyun-ah." She felt so embarrassed and guilty at the same time because she was drunk and wasn't thinking straight. Because of her also, Seohyun wasn't able to comeback immediately for the President. She blames herself for what happened.

 

"Um, Unnie, I-I can't breathe." Seohyun can't able to react when she finds herself stuck in the older girl's tight embrace.

 

Hyo almost immediately let go but pouted sadly in front of her.

 

"Unnie, you did nothing wrong. It was just unfortunate events. No need to be sorry, okay?" Seohyun can't believe the older is doing it to herself when no one have expected it to happen. "Let's just do our best and find the culprit because the President doesn't deserve it." She wipes her tears gently off of her cheeks and smile sweetly. "Please don't think of that anymore... hmm?"

 

"Okay. But really, just want to share how I feel bad for what happened with the President. I wish that culprit will go to jail and live there forever." Hyoyeon said without any hint of mercy. She really wants to catch the culprit too but so far, there were no leads.

 

"We'll really catch him no matter what happens." Seohyun reassuringly said. "Don't worry." She patted her shoulder and was about to leave when Hyo got her wrist. "Wae?"

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"Just out there."

 

"Out there? You are not going to visit the President?" Hyoyeon ask with a smile on her face. She wanted to go but she doesn't want to be alone and hoping she will get the younger agent to go with her.

 

Seohyun shook her head. "I have another plan today. Maybe tomorrow."

 

"Really?" Hyo disappointingly let go of her hand with a pout on her face.

 

"Do you want to go?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Ask Donghae to go with you. I think he's not doing anything too. Besides, The President needs more security. You guys can add the tightness of it. I'll see you guys later." Seohyun replied with another pat on the smaller girl and she finally left the older girl. As she enters the elevator, she waves a little with a little until it closes. She let out a relief of sigh and checks her time; 10:34am. 'I can't share this to anyone. I was the one who saw that.' Honestly, she felt the same as Hyoyeon. But not to the point where she will blame it all to herself and beat herself with it. It was all unfortunate and can't be prevented. But she obviously can't stay in the dorm, knowing what she caught last night. Too bad she wasn't able to recognize the plate number but she recalls the color and look of it.

 

*Ding*

 

The moment the door opens, her eyes immediately connects with Agent Kim, who stood in front. She bowed and hastily walks off.

 

"I've seen all the videos. What do you think of that man?"

 

She stopped on her tracks upon hearing Junghyun's voice and slowly turned to face him, although he's that far from where she is standing. "You-you ask for the copies too?" She's surprised to hear it.

 

Junghyun approached her and stared at her seriously. "I might know the secret but I'm not someone who will do something bad towards him. So, tell me, do you also plan on investigating yourself?" He asks, still with a straight and cold approach.

 

Seohyun felt shiver down her spine. "I-I am." That she was unable to reply calmly.

 

"Then why don't we team-up?" Junghyun creased his eyebrows.

 

"Team-up?"

 

"To find out the culprit."

 

'How am I going to trust him? He's one of Yoon's victims and... and... he always has this aura that I really couldn't understand.' Seohyun couldn't reply right away as she's thinking twice with his offer.

 

Junghyun rolled his eyes, sensing she is taking time. "I saw you and him yesterday leaving so early. So, I have no doubts, that culprit also saw you guys from somewhere. I just don't have any idea if it's from outside or inside, just like me." When he saw she just frown? "Well, I always wake up so early to have a jogging. I happened to spot you two getting inside the Presidential car while I was heading back to the building and that's what I know only." He explained his side further. "Then the entire day, I was all along with Agent Choi, playing video games. You know fortnite? I'm addicted to that and I could play it all day if we're not on duty. If you are not satisfied, you can ask him." He pulled out his smartphone and handed it, to confirm he wasn't lying.

 

"Okay." Seohyun is satisfied with his explanation. "Come with me then."

 

"Where?"

 

"Just come with me." She resumed on her walk and the older agent walks out with her.

 

"I have a car. Let's not use the Blue House's." Junghyun informed as he took his car key. He ushers her to steps inside the moment he unlocks the doors. He turns on the engine as soon as they put on their seat belts and drives off even though he doesn't know where they are heading yet.

 

"Do you know where's the traffic security office? I want to check something." Seohyun informs. She figured she has no idea where the other department's office yet, so Junghyun would be a help for it.

 

"What particular place do you want to see?" Junghyun just ask casually.

 

"That convenience store most Agents are hanging out. We dropped by there before heading straight home."

 

"Okay. So, you are not going share any details?" He is curious to know now and glances to the other agent on his passenger seat.

 

Seohyun smiled and shake her head. "You'll know later when we are there." She agreed with him indeed, but that doesn't mean he fully trusts him.

 

"Cool." Junghyun just brushed off. And the car got quite the entire ride.

 

Meanwhile, back in the hospital, Yoong couldn't get his mind off over last night's events that he keeps on pausing while reading a book. Until he gives up and put aside the book.

 

"Miss Kim!" He calls his secretary so loud, who is outside talking with some police officers. "Miss Kim let one of them enter my ward!" He commanded firmly and was glad she heard him, as they casually entered. "I... I think I can tell now what's the culprit's eyes and height." He confirmed to the three police officers that came to ask about the culprit. He declined earlier because his mind is not in focus. Now that it's clear for him, he is confident to share it.

 

 

***

 

 

"Not all really ends well."

 

Seohyun sighs as Junghyun handed her a cup of coffee from the vending machine. She's quite embarrassed because her suspicion about the car she spotted that night turns out had been there since lunch time. The officers have confirmed the owner is the owner of the convenience store. "I really couldn't think of any suspicious around us that night or that day because... I'm... busy accompanying the President. Ugh, you really can't sense anything around you if you are enjoying your job." She said and take a sip of her coffee. She and Junghyun are sitting in bench in the lobby, watching people coming and leaving the building together.

 

"Tsk,tsk. You're enjoying accompany his other personalities." Junghyun shake his head a little. "You haven't seen his third personality, have you?"

 

"I did. Once. Remember the one who punch you that night?" Seohyun confirmed, earning a look of frown from him. "Wae?" And she's curious eventually.

 

Junghyun looked away that instant. "Yoon and I... we don't like each other." He confessed without hesitation.

 

"Why?" Seohyun furrows her eyebrows.

 

"Ha! I can't believe it's okay for you."

 

"Well, Yoon isn't that bad towards me."

 

"I hate him." Junghyun couldn't hold back and show how much he despises him. It was in High School but would forever be in his memory. "He broke my leg."

 

Seohyun gasps. "He-He did?"

 

Junghyun grit his teeth, clench his fists as his mind flashes back to the day Yoon broke his right leg.

 

Flashback...

 

As the school bell rang, Junghyun who loves to go to read a book in a library before going home made his way outside while waving to his classmates a good bye, including their nerd classmate, Im Yoong. But he did not wave back. He is busy holding his head while forehead is against the wall in the hallway.

 

'Is he alright?' He got quite worried because he can hear him heavily breathing and looks like in pain. They're friends but not that close and they only talk when they have activities in school. More like just classmate’s relationship, not more than that.

 

Thinking he has his Nanny fetching him later, he thought of brushing him off and he heads to the library, where he can read his favorite novel in a quiet place. He wasn't alone, there are students doing the same thing.

 

Just an hour later, he left the library with a good mood, because he finally finished the novel he had been reading for three moments. He who is not that rich to buy a book could only rely to their library.

 

However, as he thought of going straight home, he suddenly heard weird noises coming from an alleyway. He got curious and he never think twice to follow the noises. His eyes widened upon greeted by five high school students bullying someone he couldn't recognize yet because his head is lowered. "Y-Yah! What are you guys doing?" He shouted, catching their attention. "Park Jinyoung?" He knew one of them and is surprised to learn because he is such one of the promising students in their class. The rest, he doesn't know them but they looked like Junior students.

 

"Junghyun, you shouldn't be here." Jiny

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter