Runaway 03: City Of Angels

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

03 | City Of Angels

 

 

***

 

 

"I'm really so sorry but I can't let you catch a fever as well. You might not able to go wherever you want to go." Yoona reasoned as she finds her voice and now calm. But her sweats are still there and she felt hot out of a sudden, just like how she lied to her.

 

"I still have two hours before my flight so I guess it's okay. Come on, open the door, Yoona-ssi." Seohyun begs as she tried her best to open it even though it was obvious that it was lock. She really can't leave without seeing her or giving her the meds. She will only be bothered if she doesn't see her. "I tell you; it will be quick. Hmm? Open the door." Just then, the door was unexpectedly opened and a thud was heard, with the deer facing the floor. "Hey, you okay?" She just quickly rushed to her side.

 

Yoona lifted her body up immediately and check if her wings are still visible. Much to her relief, it wasn't there anymore. She turned to Seohyun and the latter put her hand on her forehead and her neck.

 

"You're hot." Seohyun exclaimed. The sweats on her forehead and neck make sense. She quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her up, guiding her back to the bed. She pushed her gently down so she can lie. "Do you have a thermometer?"

 

"I... "

 

"Oh there it is." She saw it on top of the night stand and place it under her armpit. "Hold on." She got up and went to get her glass of water from the kitchen and returned with it. As she opens the meds for her, she speaks, "I'm heading to L.A. later so I won't be here for couple of weeks. You have to take a rest and drink plenty of glasses of water and... of course your meds."

 

Yoona is just speechless. She was just a stranger but she's doing it for her. "T-thank you." How much more if it's her close friends and families, she's probably nursing them. It's admirable for her. It gives her fluttering heart.

 

Taking back the thermometer, Seohyun shake her head. "40 degrees. It's not good. But if you drink your meds on time, it will soon disappear. Ah." She asks her to open .

 

Yoona complied obediently and sits up to drink the glass of water.

 

"Do you have your phone now?" Seohyun unconsciously asks.

 

"Not yet. But I'm planning to buy soon." Yoona replied in an instant.

 

"Call me after eight hours then." Opening her drawer, Seohyun found a pen and a diary. She took it and just wrote down her number. "Lie back." she pushed her back to the bed and got up to open her curtains from the balcony. "Make sure the air is entering. It will help you relax and get well soon."

 

"Don't worry. I don't go out that often. But please-"

 

"Don't forget to call me." Seohyun interrupted her words as she returns to check her temperature again with her palms. It's still hot but she knows it will disappear soon. She warmly smiled to the deer and pat her chest. "It'll be fine. I'm going now." She got up and left her bedroom casually.

 

When she arrived at the convenience store, something flashes back to her.

 

Flashback...

 

"Yah!"

 

Eight-year-old Seohyun got startle when someone called out her and she felt a small stone poking on her back. "What are you doing?" She got up and faces her furiously. "I'm playing here." She said as she pointed to her castle.

 

The kid who has pair of doe-eyes chuckles. "I have a bigger castle there. Do you want to join?"

 

Seohyun take a pick on the castle she was talking about and indeed, hers was bigger. She pouted sadly.

 

"Or do you want me to help you with your castle?" The kid asks and she couldn't decline. She bobs her head up and down enthusiastically. "I'm Seohyun by the way." She immediately held out her hand to introduce herself.

 

"I'm firefly." The kid answered as she took her hand and shakes it. She smiled brightly in the process.

 

"Firefly?" Seohyun raises her eyebrows. "It's your real name? Like the small lights dancing in the dark?"

 

The kid nodded. "Appa always call me like them because I'm still energetic even at night." She explained and ushers her to join her, as she began to build her castle using her small basin.

 

"Firefly, are you okay? You looked like a tomato?" Young Seohyun noticed something on her new friend.

 

The kid shakes her head. "I just feel hot but it's fine." She said not to worry the young friend of hers.

 

"Wait." Seohyun put her hand on her forehead and she quickly pull her hand away. "You're burning." She exclaimed.

 

The kid smiled at her. "I already took... " she however couldn't continue her words when out of a sudden, her visions are getting blurry and before she knows it, she fainted.

 

Seohyun shakes her on her arm. "Yah, wake up. Why are you sleeping there?" She's too young to realize her new friend loses her consciousness. "Wake up please, she keeps shaking her until someone spotted them and saw the situation.

 

"Honey!" It was her father, who rushed into her and picked her up immediately.

 

"Is she fine?" She cried once she realizes her father is worried.

 

"She will be. Thank you for staying by her side." Her father said and rushes her friend somewhere. She was only standing in her position, not moving an inch while crying and watching, helplessly. Just when she found a new friend, she was sick.

 

End of Flashback...

 

Seohyun shake her head in order to bring her back to reality. But she realizes, she just took care of someone she barely knows which made her cheeks blush and heart beats faster than earlier. "Aish, I'm so stupid. Why did I do that?" she scolded herself, slapping her own forehead. "What will she think about me now? That I like her? That I was too much? Otoke. I can't. I can't. She can't think like that. I barely know her; she barely knows me too. We're still just strangers and I acted like I know her. Ugh, you're so so so stupid Seo Joohyun." She talks to herself, in a scolding way. You have no shame! Damn it. How am I supposed to explain once she calls later? Ugh, I'm so stupid. Stupid. Stupid. But she was sick and..." she pauses as she realized, she did it because it reminds her of her childhood friend that it felt right. She's like that to others too, whenever she knows they're sick. Like her teammates, teachers and coaches. "Ugh, Whatever." She later brushed it off took her stuffs to leave.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona's temperature is back to normal. She didn't completely swallow the pill earlier. She knows her prayers was granted when her wings disappear and her temperature was hot. But what she couldn't understand, why her wings appear when she's already a human. "Sunbae better explain this to me."

 

Just then, a knock on the door was heard followed by a doorbell.

 

"Who the heck will knock and press the doorbell?" She chuckles, getting out of the bed and check who's outside through the intercom. A pizza delivery is outside. "I didn't order anything, or did I? Or is it Seohyun?" She wonders and left to open the door. "I'm sorry but I think you got a wrong door."

 

The delivery boy handed her the pizza box and took his cap off of her, revealing her real identity.

 

"Yah, Sunbae!" The deer chuckles. "What kind of disguises is this?"

 

Taeyeon entered the apartment and close the door. She opened the pizza box and took one before proceeding to take a seat on her sofa.

 

"What is this about?" Yoona followed. "But wait, how on earth my wings appeared without even my knowledge? And-and... "

 

"You're actually really sick." Taeyeon explained while chewing with her pizza. "Your wings will appear every time you feel sick. This is because I made you human, unlike when you were an angel."

 

Yoona put her hand on her forehead and she can feel it's a little hot. But she doesn't feel weak despite it.

 

"But don't worry, you will be be back to normal. Maybe in a few hours."

 

"But what happened earlier?"

 

"I did it." Taeyeon confessed. "I made it disappear and at the same time made you hotter. So Seohyun will not get suspicious."

 

"Aigoo, she was worried sick."

 

"I was surprised too. I think she has an angel heart."

 

Yoona smiled warmly. "She is. I thought her character is bad after our first meeting."

 

"Yah, have you packed yourself?" Taeyeon almost forgot about the flight.

 

"Why would I?"

 

"You have flight to Los Angeles. The mastermind is expecting you to report for your last mission."

 

"Mastermind?" Yoona raises her eyebrows, doesn't have any idea. "Who is that?"

 

"Our Boss. She's next to our Diety. There will be someone waiting for you outside the airport once you arrived there. So, make sure you land on time. Aish, I'll help you now." Getting up, Taeyeon proceed to the bedroom and she pack it for the deer's behalf.

 

"The plane ticket make sense then." It just crosses the doe-eyed angel's mind. She followed her senior to her room in the process. "But before that, can I buy a phone first? I think Seohyun will get more worried if I don't call her. She even wrote her number."

 

"Do whatever you want. Just go there on time. Otherwise, they will scold me." Taeyeon replied. She's more than worried for herself if her angel will be late.

 

 

***

 

 

An hour of waiting, Seohyun finally can able to relax on her seat next to the window inside the plane. Her mother really knows what to book for her. And she automatically took pictures of the clouds as takes off. It'll be the first time she's going outside the country alone, it's excited yet give her anxiety at the same time.

 

Placing down her camera, she opened her backpack and took her diary out. It causes her to remember that she gave her number to Yoona out of concern. "Aish." She once again punches her head a few times. But the letter on her diary made her smile appear.

 

I'm sorry that I took this but promise, I didn't read the other entries.

I just want to left something for you and here it goes...

I will miss you so much even though it's only for three weeks. But we're best friends and I think more than that, so I hope while I am not by your side, please take care of yourself. And take this opportunity to tell your mom how much you love her. I know you always do you just don't want to admit it. Hehe.

 

xoxo

Kookie

 

Seohyun casually flipped to the previous page and she stopped at a particular entry that leads her back to the past.

 

Flashback...

 

"And where is my little angel going?"

 

Little Seohyun freezes upon hearing her father's voice while she's sneaking out of their home. She sighs and turned to face him with a pout.

 

"Aigoo, what are you holding?" Mr. Seo crouched down to have a closer look on what's on his daughter's little hands. He slowly opened it and find a band aid. "Are you hurt somewhere?" he got worried immediately and check her arms, legs and even her back.

 

Seohyun shakes her head. "This is for my friend." She said in a shy tone.

 

"A friend? Jeno? Suzy? or Nayeon?"

 

"No. Jeno is totally fine. Suzy is already on her swimming lesson and Nayeon is... I heard she went out with her grandma to the market. None of them are hurt." Seohyun explained. "This is for my firefly friend."

 

Mr. Seo didn't expect it. "Firefly? You have a tiny friend?" But it was cute and adorable for his daughter.

 

"She's a person but I call her firefly." Seohyun pouted her lips cutely.

 

"Oh, sorry about that. Hold on, if she's hurt, you have to bring ointment also." Mr. Seo got up and went upstairs to get it for his daughter. When he returns, it's not only the ointment, he also gave a chocolate bar. "This will cheer her up."

 

"Thank you, Appa." Seohyun throw her arms around her father's neck.

 

"You're welcome." Mr. Seo couldn't be happier. He has a kind daughter. He is proud of her.

 

-

 

Happily skipping to the park, Seohyun immediately found her friend, playing with the other kids. She looks so bright but the wound on her knee is something she doesn't like. She called her and ask her to take a seat with her on the bench.

 

"Ah!" Her fiend cried as she began to apply ointment on her wound. She hurriedly blows an air on it and ask her to calm down because her tears are starting to drop because of how sting it is. She complied however but as soon as she put band aid on it, she cried again. She then handed her the chocolate bar.

 

"Appa told me this will cheer you up." She said and her friend stared at it before taking the bar. She smiled, watching her taking a bite first then she pouts her lips cutely.

 

"Thank you." Her friend said and enjoyed the rest of the chocolate bar. She quietly just sits next to her, enjoying the moment she's with a precious friend. Ever since their meeting, she got fond with her especially that she always makes her smile and laugh.

 

"Appa told me my wound will just disappear without taking care of it. But I think it's better with what you did. I don't feel pain anymore." Her friend said softly as she smiled genuinely.

 

"Where did you get that, though?" Seohyun wonders because yesterday, she didn't see it.

 

"I was running around the house when I tripped and my knee dropped on the floor with a lot of toys. Appa scolded me but he cleaned it for me. Omma wasn't around right now so he doesn't know how to take care of wounds. He asks for my patience as Omma will be back tonight." She explained while playing with her foot with Seohyun's who is also playing back with hers. They giggle and end up laughing.

 

"Come on, let's go somewhere."

 

"Where?" Seohyun curiously yet excitedly ask. The latter took her hand and they runaway together, hand in hand. They ended at the beach, which is just nearby the town. There are more kids there, playing with the sand. "Are we going to build another castle?" She ask her.

 

"Nope. We're here to pick up sea shells."

 

"Shells? For what?"

 

"For our house."

 

"Eh?"

 

"Let's a build a house made of shells at the park." Her friend flashes her brightest smile before she crouched down and started picking the sea shells she saw on one place.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter