Runaway 06: Wedding

YoonHyun Story 3
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

06 | Wedding

 

 

***

 

 

'That make sense how Seohyun can see angels. She's half angel half human? Mrs. Seo, fell in love with a human? That can be possible? I thought it's forbidden? And the mastermind Ms. Son Yejin was there... they looked like they're talking with something. They both are serious but I think it was a friendly conversation. Ugh, if only Seohyun didn't come. I probably heard what was there. But wait, does the mastermind knows my mission? I doubt so. Sunbae told me she only gives approval and orders; she doesn't have idea about angel's mission. Unless something bad happens. Aish, this is giving me stress… why???!!!' Yoona end up ruffling her hair in frustration. 'I need to ask Taeyeon Sunbae.' She let out a loud exhale as she casually turned her head to her left, only to realize Seohyun had been watching her. "Wae? Did I miss something?" She's aware she was in her own world earlier there.

 

"I wasn't informed you're weirder than I have first thought." Seohyun chuckles.

 

Yoona raises her eyebrows in confusion.

 

"Fix your hair." The younger girl instructed while shaking her head in disbelief.

 

Yoona looked at reflection from her phone and gasped to see herself with a super messy short-hair. She got shy and look for comb from her pockets as if she brought one.

 

"Aigoo." Seohyun passes her own brush.

 

"Thanks." Yoona accepted it and fixes her hair casually.

 

"You've been thinking hard since in the mansion. Are you up to something?" Seohyun got curious but suspecting something at the same time. But her phone suddenly rings that she couldn't wait for her answer. She took it and smile to see the name of her best friend. "Yah!" she just answered it without even greeting him.

 

[What's up? I thought you're not going to answer my call.]

 

"What are you thinking?" She chuckles in amusement. "Why wouldn't I?"

 

[It's been a week and you never called me. I thought you already forgot about me.]

 

"Seriously? You're being ridiculous. I just got busy." She smiles and tilt her head to her right just to get startle because Yoona's head is too close.

 

"Who's that?" Yoona raises her eyebrows but with a poker expression. When she heard the phone rings and the younger girl answered it brightly, she got curious and decided to lean in her left ear next to the latter's phone, in attempt to listen to the person's voice.

 

Seohyun covered the mic on her phone and answered, "My best friend, Jungkook. I mentioned about him, didn't I?"

 

"You did. I was just... curious." Yoona flashes a fake smile as she shrugs her shoulders.

 

"Whatever." Seohyun rolled her eyes and returned to her phone call.

 

[Who's with you?]

 

"My new neighbor." She answered truthfully without even hesitations.

 

[Yoona? How is she there with you?]

 

"She has an Aunt here that she needs to visit. She doesn't have anyone she knows her besides me so we often see each other." And she glances to Yoona who look distraught. She just doesn't mind and continue. "She's actually giving me company since I don't know how much about the people here."

 

[Rea... lly?] Jungkook's voice was low.

 

"Anyway, what had been up to with you?" Seohyun continued with a question to her best friend she has missed for a week.

 

[It's fine. We went to a ski-resort. It was fun and I almost forgot how to come back home. How about you there?]

 

"At first it was boring but when I thought about sneaking out, it got funnier. Especially that Yoona and I will go to fun places. Even though its different here, people are friendly too. I had fun going to sports matches and watch fireflies on top hills. Also, we rode a Ferris wheel. Gosh, I was so scared first but when we were on top, everything faded. Yoona, she keeps assuring me we're not going to fall. So, I got braver and stand up. You should come here next time with me. It’s really cool, here."

 

"You should come here next time." Yoona unconsciously mimic in a mumble way. When Seohyun looked at her, she quickly grabs the brush again and brush her hair while looking outside the window car.

 

Seohyun just brushed her off and continue her conversation with her best friend. Oblivious of how bored the deer next to her already.

 

 

***

 

 

After just a few minutes of drive to the hotel, they parted ways as Seohyun was brought to the dressing room while Yoona went straight to the wedding venue. She immediately noticed the familiar faces from the dinner a week ago and of course Yuri, who is alone and busy with her phone on her seat.

 

'I should have volunteered to be one of the entourages. Aish.' She thought as she finds herself alone as well. She looked around and there's a buffet ready for everyone to feast later which makes her smile appear and excited to enjoy the night while eating again. But before that, she searched for the table reserved for her and Seohyun. It happened to be next to Yuri's table that cause her to lower her head while she's approaching the table. As soon as she took her seat, she took the program booklet and hide behind.

 

'She really doesn't have any friends, does she?' But she couldn't help and peek. But soon her question was answered when a lady approached her. She decided not to mind her and check the booklet she's holding. Her eyes immediately read Seohyun's name on the list that brought smile to her face. Even though she never practiced with the others on the entourage, she accepted the offer to be the person walking in the aisle before her mother. "Would have been great if she walks with her mom, they're probably be the best mother and daughter tandem."

 

"Ahem."

 

Someone suddenly took a seat next to her which distracted her and as she checks the person, her eyes lit up. "Jessica Sunbae." And smile widens. "What are you doing here?" The latter looks good on a white and silver gown.

 

"Taeyeon can't able to attend this party so I am here. Looking after you." Jessica explained, glancing to Yuri from the next table. "She's not bothering you?"

 

"Y-yes. I'm fine here." Yoona replied reassuringly. But she suddenly heard giggles from behind. She turned her head just to see kids watching her and gives her a teasing smile. "What's up?" She tried to make a conversation with them.

 

"You are talking without someone visible. They find you stupid." Jessica informed before taking a sip of tequila. "Don't face me." And advises.

 

"Ahh... Yes." Yoona quickly complied as she comfortably sits on her chair, facing the mini stage.

 

"Who chooses your wardrobe?" Jessica checks the younger angel and asks in curiosity.

 

"Oh." Yoona looked down to her clothes. She's wearing a black and white tuxedo. "Seohyun. She told me to wear like men."

 

Jessica chuckles. "Why?"

 

"I don't look like the guests. I'm more like those waiters." Yoona noticed her wardrobe is exactly the same as those men holding the trays and offering drinks to guests. "But I think I look fine? She chooses this for me for no apparent reason." She grinned inwardly. "Or was she just thinking to hire me as the events' waiter?" She added in a playful way.

 

"Seohyun is weird." Jessica almost burst out laughing if she didn't compose herself. "You should have contacted me about this?"

 

"No more time." Yoona shakes her head a little. "Wait, Sunbae, can I ask you something?"

 

"What?"

 

Yoona briefly tilt her head before she continues, "Do you know about Mrs. Seo?"

 

"Mrs. Seo?" Jessica raises her eyebrows having no clue.

 

"Aish, I forgot to ask about her full name." Yoona regretfully says.

 

"Why?"

 

Yoona contemplated but she wants answers so she continued, "I saw her earlier in her office, talking to mastermind."

 

"Yejin was with Mrs. Seo? How? She knows her?" Jessica was as surprised as the doe-eyed when she saw them.

 

"That's my question too." Yoona sighs. "But that means she's angel, right? I mean, they are like good old friends there. Which seems to be the reason why Seohyun can see angels."

 

"That's really... seems the explanation. So, Mrs. Seo, she gave her daughter the gift? I didn't expect that. I thought just random angel giving that gift. This is really unexpected!" Jessica got hype. "Should tell Taeyeon about this. She got knows more than me."

 

"Right, Taeyeon Sunbae is older than you." Yoona chuckles.

 

"But the mastermind, did she see you?"

 

"Nope."

 

"That's a relief. She can't learn that your last mission is her friend's daughter." Jessica is relieved to know and she smiled.

 

"She really can’t learn. Otherwise, it may affect the mission. Aigoo, should focus on this more than anything." Yoona can't agree more. Her mission is more than important than dealing about Mrs. Seo and her being not totally a human.

 

"That's good to hear from you, Angel Yo." Jessica is happy to hear it. She wanted to see her complete her mission without anything on the way as well.

 

Yoona glances to Yuri's table but she is nowhere to be found already. Even the lady earlier. She just doesn't mind and checks the time. There are few minutes left before the ceremony start. But it feels like forever without Seohyun by her side. She got bored again. Few months ago, she's just happy lurking around the earth, giving animals and babies the chance to live again and there wasn't a reason for her to get the feeling inside. Now that her last mission came, it's making her bored... at least when she's not around. As if she has something that can always lift her mood up.

 

As if her thoughts were heard from the heaven, her phone rings from the pocket of her blazer and she quickly took it with a big smile painted on her face. "Seohyunnie." That she happily greeted her on the phone.

 

[Can I ask you something?]

 

"What?"

 

[I got thirsty. There's no water here. Can you bring me one?]

 

"Oh yeah, sure." Yoona ended the call and give Jessica a big smile before she went to ask a waiter about a bottle of water and she left hurriedly.

 

Jessica just shake her head in amusement, watching the doe-eyed got hyped. "She's really enjoying this mission."

 

-

 

"Come in." With that cue from the younger girl, Yoona walked inside the dressing room and smile brightly right away when she saw her sitting in front of the mirror but disappear as her lips parted and eyes slightly widening because she's in awe. Seohyun's beauty is on another level. She looks so stunning with the white princess like gown. Her hair was curly and make-up just fit perfectly for her innocent image.

 

Her eyes are blessed while her heart is racing fast.

 

"Where's the water?" Seohyun noticed the doe-eyed is just standing behind her without saying anything nor passing her the bottle of water she's holding.

 

Yoona shakes her head and quickly handed her the water with the straw on it. "You're so.... stunning, Seohyun." She praises softly as she couldn't look away from her through the mirror.

 

"Tha... thanks." Seohyun shyly replied couldn't look at the doe-eyed on her eyes. She took the bottle and sip on her water. "Actually, I called you because I want you to be the first person to see my look. I'm glad I don't look bad." She confessed and bit her lower lip. She has these insecurities to herself that she doesn't look good, especially to the others that will judge her appearance.

 

"Oh no, who says like that? You're so pretty, Seohyun. I think they'll be even envy with your beauty." Yoona said as a matter of fact. "It's Christmas, smile." And she cheers her up. "It's going to be a happy day."

 

Seohyun totally did not regret calling her. It gives her confidence back that her beautiful smile returns. "You-You look good too, Yoongie."

 

"You dressed me, how I wouldn't?" Yoona smugly replied but she's proud of what she's wearing.

 

"Thanks for the water too." Seohyun added without unlocking her gazes with her this time.

 

"No problem. I'm glad to help and was the first one to see you in the dress. You really look so so so so awesome." Yoona just couldn't stop praising her.

 

"Silly." Seohyun chuckled.

 

Taking the empty chair next to her, Yoona took her phone out and opens the camera. "I should take this opportunity and have a selfie with you." She put the phone she's holding in front of them and smile so wide while the younger girl put a V-sign and smile before she pressed the capture button. "There. Your smile is really beautiful."

 

"How many times will you praise me?"

 

"Forever."

 

Seohyun hits the doe-eyed on her shoulder. "Shut up." And laugh.

 

"It's true. What are you talking about?" Yoona couldn't believe she doesn't believe her. "Everything last forever including your beautiful face, Seohyun. I tell you. But of course, what inside your heart should be the most important… because you have a beautiful heart, Seohyunnie."

 

"I... don't think so." Seohyun disagrees. She knows herself and it wasn't to be proud of.

 

"You're believe me." Yoona whispers, softly and seriously.

 

Seohyun couldn't reply. She finds herself fluttering as she looked at the deer in the eyes. She has never met someone who can say like that to her without even knowing her for months or years. She just said it and it feels like she knows her well more than herself. She wasn't stupid to say that, was she?

 

"Alright, let's took another selfie." Yoona broke their silence and her gaze with the younger girl as she brought her phone up, "Seohyunnie." Playfully said and it was a success when she smiles again.

 

"I really wonder why you haven't called your Aunt? She's probably worried about you by now." Seohyun couldn't missed to notice. It’s been a week yet she hasn’t even mentioned her Aunt.

 

"I already called. And she agrees staying with my friend. You just missed to see it." Yoona lied while she's busy browsing the other photos on her phone. But her attention quickly shifted to her. "Where do you want to go after the wedding? I heard there's going to be fireworks at midnight?"

 

"The entire city will have especially to big companies. Later at the mansion too though so we don't we have to go farther." Seohyun giggles. It's adorable to see how excited Yoona is.

 

"Chincha? I wasn't aware." Yoona slightly got embarrassed.

 

"Um, haven't I mentioned too?" Seohyun raised her eyebrows.

 

"What?"

 

"I'm staying until New Year. I'll be back January after the winter break."

 

"Me too." Yoona just immediately copied the younger girl.

 

"Huh? You mean you're not leaving before the New Year? What about your family?"

 

"I told you, I'm here for winter break."

 

"What school are you attending by the way?"

 

"Um... " Yoona recalled the school application she sent to the same school Seohyun is attending too but she couldn't say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter