I’m going insane

No Boundaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

애린 Ae Rin
————-

It was early in the morning when I got a call from Super Junior’s manager telling me that my swap request wasn’t approved and that the ticket was already booked under my name. If I didn’t need this job, I probably went on AWOL a long time ago, and to think that I haven’t been working with them for a year, it’s like I already aged a decade and a half.

“You’re up early…” Mom commented as she was tidying up the dining table. Eun Ji was already up and was watching TV.

“Umma, halmoni said that I will have a new appa soon… is that true?” Eun Ji asked once I sat on the couch beside her.

Mom of course giggled, “you should’ve met him last night Eun Ji, he was really handsome!” Mom sounded like a high school kid, all giddy and stuff, and she was acting like she was talking to a grown up!

“Moooom!!!” I whined, “And baby, don’t listen to your halmoni, she might be going insane.”

And my kid ignored me, instead, she continued talking to umma, “So halmoni? Is he like a prince?”

I glared at my mom, telling her silently not to say another word about it, but she just didn’t stop. “Yes, he is. And he’s very polite. He will be perfect for your umma!”

Last night, Choi Siwon, like he always did, drove me home and apparently he got to meet my mom. It was so embarrassing, really. She was like all over the place and she has been telling him how long I've been single and how workaholic I was. Which wasn't exactly true. 

Good thing that Siwon was actually nice about it and didn't give me a hard time. Mom was really driving me nuts, and I'm not sure if i'd want that thing to happen again. 

“Aish!” I was now annoyed beyond words and I couldn’t utter a single thing.

“Umma, I want to meet him…” Eun Ji told me. “Is he like my prince Henry?”

Yup, she was referring to Henry of Super Junior – M. I forgot to mention that she’s the biggest fan girl of Henry. I still haven’t told my daughter that I was working for SM Entertainment, specifically Super Junior, besides, I really haven’t met Henry personally. If I told her this, she’d probably force me to bring her to work so she could see her “prince”. My baby is still too young for this, and yet she’s already liking boys.

“Well, mom? Is your boyfriend like Henry? If he is, then I’ll definitely like him!” she exclaimed excitedly while nibbling on her food.

I couldn’t help but glare at my mom, but she just smiled at me. “aish umma! Cut it out! And baby, he's not my boyfriend.”

“What? Is it wrong for me to wish to have a nice and handsome son-in-law?” she asked innocently.

This time, I chose to ignore her because I was really getting annoyed. I can’t believe that she’s wanting me to get married, and I thought that she was okay with me being a single mom.

A few minutes after, Eun Ji’s nanny finally arrived and Umma told them to go to the nearby park first for a walk.

“Umma, I’m going to Thailand tomorrow, it’s for work again.” I explained.

“Okay…” she nodded, “is Choi Siwon going to be there too?”

Oh God, save me! “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter